iam8bit: (PS4) Rez Infinite Physical Edition (iam8bit Exclusive) Available for Preorder

ElvinWasHere

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
As of today, you can now preorder Rez Infinite through iam8bit.  iam8bit is supposedly releasing the exclusive physical version (i.e. it'll be digital everywhere else) for PS4.

It's also compatible with PSVR and region free.

Never played it, but heard great things!

Officially ships around October - get it while you can!!

EDIT: Forgot the link

http://store.iam8bit.com/collections/rez-infinite

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like they removed the media mail option.

It's no longer available for me neither.

Somebody probably gave them crap over media mail, so they removed the option.

Interested to see what they do with existing orders if anything, but probably will just keep those the same, or upgrade shipping method for free.

I ended up ordering it but if they try to charge me $13 for priority mail I'll definitely be canceling. I still don't understand how that works out. Even a small flat rate box is half that price, and that's the laziest way they could do it.

I ended up ordering it but if they try to charge me $13 for priority mail I'll definitely be canceling. I still don't understand how that works out. Even a small flat rate box is half that price, and that's the laziest way they could do it.
Of course they are going to charge you $13. You placed the order and saw the shipping cost before confirming. Why would you assume that they are going to reduce the shipping charge before release?

Nope. I have had plenty of PS4 games show up with loose discs that had manuals. In fact, I just received Olli Olli from Amazon and the case was stuffed with a large manual/studio history book and I still ended up with a floater.
I have many mail ordered PS4 games shown up with loose discs too, but never saw any visible scratch on the discs.

The center push button and the disc surrounding in the Blu-ray case is smooth and soft which unlikely will scratch the disc while knocking around in the case. So, even though I don't feel good if the disc is loose inside, but usually it's not an issue.

The problem is not particular to any stores, sellers or publishers. I believe the it's the problem of case design, compared to DVD which hard to take out a disc, a little harder push on the center button of the Blu-ray case will pop the disc out (and seems it's easier on the blue PS4 case). Quite a few times when I picked up a Blu-ray case and slightly squeezed the center and pop the disc inside the case.

I don't see a "media mail" option like everyone else is seeing for $5.

My cheapest shipping is nearly $13 for 4 day FedEx ground.

Looks like they removed the media mail option.

It's no longer available for me neither.

Somebody probably gave them crap over media mail, so they removed the option.

Interested to see what they do with existing orders if anything, but probably will just keep those the same, or upgrade shipping method for free.
Oh my god. Wish I hadn't waffled now. $56 shipped is just insane.

It's not that I can't afford the game, it's just that as a collector I'm really insulted by the whole presentation.

I fully intend to buy this from a scalper for like double the cost off ebay in the future if I feel need to.

fuck any company that charges $15 for shipping on a package that is going to weigh literally 4-6 ounces. If you wanted an extra ten+ bucks for the game, just charge $50 for it and be straight with people.

They don't deserve to be supported directly and iam8bit, if you're reading this, please go out of business sooner rather than later.

This whole shit has left a sour taste in my mouth.

By the way, people, did you know you can buy Rez for PS2 for like $30 shipped?

I'm actually considering just waiting now and buying on the secondary market.  I guess I'll watch their facebook page and see if enough complaints change their shipping options.

Loose discs will be a problem for iam8bit and anyone else shipping PS4 games. I'm so sick of people thinking this problem is exclusive to us. Do people really think that if we could fix this, we wouldn't? If I had an option to pay $1 more for better cases, I would. Loose discs are a nightmare issue and they plague ALL PS4 releases. I've started collecting videos of games in retail stores with loose discs just to refute the jerks who claim this is an LRG exclusive issue.
I have a suggestion. Maybe get little pieces of foam like the old SEGA Saturn and SEGA CD games had in them to stop the disc from popping out. I don't know the price point, but I can't imagine more then a few pennies if you are getting enough for 10,000 games at a time. Is that something you could have done when getting the games printed/packaged?

It seems like that would be an easy solution and then LRG could show how much it cares for the hardcore collectors.

I haven't followed any of LRG discussions or anything so this may have already been discussed/brought up, but I would think it would be alot cheaper than shipping in boxes, etc.

It's not that I can't afford the game, it's just that as a collector I'm really insulted by the whole presentation.

I fully intend to buy this from a scalper for like double the cost off ebay in the future if I feel need to.

fuck any company that charges $15 for shipping on a package that is going to weigh literally 4-6 ounces. If you wanted an extra ten+ bucks for the game, just charge $50 for it and be straight with people.

They don't deserve to be supported directly and iam8bit, if you're reading this, please go out of business sooner rather than later.

This whole shit has left a sour taste in my mouth.
Yeah, most of the companies that do these exclusive physical games are pretty bad in one way or another. At least with Rez Infinite you have an option to get the game regardless of the issues you have with the company. But if you can't deal with the issues then pay the 2x ->6x a lot of these limited games end up because of $10 in price gouging in shipping. It's a shame some jerk had to go and ruin the media mail option. Granted $5 was not exactly a bargain, but it's comparable to what every one of these other sites charge for this kind of stuff. Maybe they'll bring that option back if enough people ask for it.

I think the main thing is... do you even want the game? Forget the money and the company, if you want the game you should be happier making that extra sell for the developer rather than ever consider putting money in a re-sellers hands. That's kind of how I look at it for these pre-order deals. I want this particular developer (regardless of the practices of the retail outlet selling the game) to get as much $$$ for making this game have a physical option as possible.

I'd feel the same way if it were something made by Yu Suzuki or Suda 51. Some developers are worth supporting. Tetsuya Mizuguchi is definitely one of them. Supporting Yu Suzuki with my first ever backing of a Kickstarter for Shenmue 3 was not a problem even with a multi year wait.

By the way, people, did you know you can buy Rez for PS2 for like $30 shipped?
Yeah but the PS2 version..

• won't play on the ps4
  • won't run at a steady 60fps (PS2 version has slowdown and dropped frames)
  • won't have the VR stuff (at 120fps)
  • it won't be in full 1080p HD
  • it won't even be in widescreen
  • It won't have the extra content

I love Rez, but this is easily worth the markup from the old version ( to play it on modern gear with all the massive improvements over the original version. Plus, again, the old version you need a PS2 or original PS3 (before BC was removed) to even play it. To me, that's easily worth the extra $10 for the game and even the over priced shipping.

But you don't have to buy a physical copy... just get it on PSN for $30 at launch. I mean, the physical version is for the more diehard fans.

I'm not sure why they are sabotaging the sales of their game with ridiculous shipping costs.  First class shipping via USPS for one video game with tracking should run around $4 or a little under.  Add $0.50 for a bubble mailer and $0.50 for the person stuffing the envelope and you got $5 for a first class US shipping option.  It's ridiculous that the cheapest shipping option they are now offering is $13.

I was able to get in on the $5 shipping option before they took it away but if they don't bring it back for future releases I will not be ordering anymore from them, and you shouldn't either.  Shipping does kill the deal sometimes.

Shipping for me is no less than 15 dollars, and I just can't justify 55 dollars for a game I might not even like. Sadly gonna have to pass on this one.

Really regretting not jumping in when it was $5 for shipping. Hopefully they smarten up and bring it back. Anything over that price is quite ridiculous and unnecessary.

Of course they are going to charge you $13. You placed the order and saw the shipping cost before confirming. Why would you assume that they are going to reduce the shipping charge before release?
I ordered via media mail. I'm talking about of they try to up it now that they've figured out its against the post office terms of service to send these via media mail.

I ordered via media mail. I'm talking about of they try to up it now that they've figured out its against the post office terms of service to send these via media mail.
There is no way they can change the agreed upon purchase total, especially since they already charged my card the full amount (not a pending charge, the actual charge). If anything they would have to cancel your order and refund your credit card and I doubt they would want to go through that trouble. Plus, like I stated earlier they can just stick the game in a bubble mailer and send it First Class by USPS and still not take a hit on the $5 shipping charge.

I'm seeing $8.48/$8.87 depending on where I ship it, for Priority Mail (1-day/2-day respectively).

Is it because I'm in California (where they seem to be located) or did they change something? I haven't checked shipping prices since they removed the $5 option.

Comes out to about $51 now. Better, I guess, but still a pretty unpalatable price.

Nope, prices are the same still for me (regarding shipping).  $13.49 is the cheapest option here in IL.

I'm seeing $8.48/$8.87 depending on where I ship it, for Priority Mail (1-day/2-day respectively).

Is it because I'm in California (where they seem to be located) or did they change something? I haven't checked shipping prices since they removed the $5 option.

Comes out to about $51 now. Better, I guess, but still a pretty unpalatable price.
I'm in Cali too, and now when I check the price has dropped a bit, but it's $9.53 for Priority.

There is some janky shit going on with their shipping calculations, lol.

Now only do the prices keep fulcutating, but it also seems like it's not even consistent. :p

I'm in central California and the cheapest option is priority shipping for $8.48.

Maybe they use cats to handle their shipping department.

tumblr_n5zxlllT7l1sedjuto1_400.gif

I really wanted this, but it's not happening for that shipping cost. Gonna keep checking periodically to see if they come to their senses, otherwise I guess this is one I will be getting digitally. 

I really wanted this, but it's not happening for that shipping cost. Gonna keep checking periodically to see if they come to their senses, otherwise I guess this is one I will be getting digitally.
I think that's a wise decision. It's possible it'll have a launch discount as well on PSN. Only anyone that really HAS to have this in physical form should be buying it... well and possibly the game flippers. I'm buying it to play, but if the price goes through the roof I'll sell my physical copy and just get it digitally because I don't hold as much love for Rez as I do something like Shenmue.

The strange thing is that they were in their senses in the beginning, and went out of their senses not long after. They did it backwards. :eek:

Found out that if you add a company name (which is optional), it drops the shipping price a couple dollars. Mine went from $12.xx to $8.92. Not a huge difference, but enough that I finally pulled the trigger since it releases next week.

Residential and commercial delivery are not the same rate structure depending on your negotiated rates. I know I've seen the difference be as much as $10 in some areas before. Way to go guys. :whistle2:

Kinda angry they aren't even addressing this shipping bullshit. I got mine in when it was still $5 but unless the next game they announce is super amazing I definitely won't be paying $8 for media mail lol.

It did drop my cheapest shipping option almost $2,,,still too high. I am really annoyed. I saw a couple people mention it to them on Facebook, with no reply.

Thanks for heads up shipping dropped from 12-13 to 8.xx bucks. I think I'll bite since rez is def one of my fav games and totally worth the hype.

I'm sorry, but can someone explain the hype for this game? Is it a nostalgia thing? I've never played a Rez game and I guess I can imagine how this was cool back in the PS2 era or something but this looks awful to me.

I don't mean to burst yalls bubble but I love collecting physical games and I'm looking for good VR games so I'm trying to figure out whether I want this or not.

I'm sorry, but can someone explain the hype for this game? Is it a nostalgia thing? I've never played a Rez game and I guess I can imagine how this was cool back in the PS2 era or something but this looks awful to me.

I don't mean to burst yalls bubble but I love collecting physical games and I'm looking for good VR games so I'm trying to figure out whether I want this or not.
It's a truly unique game, I can't think of anything that's come since its release that captures the psychedelic, trance music infused, gameplay that it created. It's also worth noting that your actions in the game have a small influence on the music playing; each time you shoot an enemy a musical note will play, the sound of each note changes depending on how many enemies you're locked onto at one time.

I really enjoy the game, because I like the combination of rhythm game and shooter.  Think Star Fox with trance music.

It's a game I throw in once in a while to relax for 30 minutes or so.

If you like on-rails shooters, this one blends the best of that genre with a pumped up soundtrack linked in part to you. If you don't like the genre it's not for you. No hype required.

If you've never played an on-rails shooter (Panzer Dragoon, Star Fox... ect).. then .. maybe play one of the existing games in the genre to see if you like it.

Read the wiki page for the game... that may help as well: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rez_%28video_game%29

Don't buy the game if you have no interest in it.

If you like on-rails shooters, this one blends the best of that genre with a pumped up soundtrack linked in part to you. If you don't like the genre it's not for you. No hype required.
If you've never played an on-rails shooter (Panzer Dragoon, Star Fox... ect).. then .. maybe play one of the existing games in the genre to see if you like it.

Read the wiki page for the game... that may help as well: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rez_%28video_game%29

Don't buy the game if you have no interest in it.
I like on rail shooters but this one just isn't catching my attention for whatever reason. Thanks for all the info, but I think I'm going to pass. Enjoy the game!

It did drop my cheapest shipping option almost $2,,,still too high. I am really annoyed. I saw a couple people mention it to them on Facebook, with no reply.
I talked to them about it and they said it was a glitch(it's still not there), and saw some other people emailed them after they ordered and they refunded the difference to ship via media mail. I really don't want to play that game with them, even though playing Rez in VR would fill in that hole in my childhood when I wanted a Virtual Boy, but could never afford it(still can't bc collector market).

So... I got a discount coupon from iam8bit for 25% off a single order for the NMS CE delay. I could buy 1 for $43 after shipping, or 5 for $165.

Hm...:whistle2:

So... I got a discount coupon from iam8bit for 25% off a single order for the NMS CE delay. I could buy 1 for $43 after shipping, or 5 for $165.

Hm... :whistle2:k
Oh wow. I mean, if you wanted to hook a few CAGs up out of the kindness of your heart, that would be awesome.

$33 each + $3 shipping + $4 for your trouble = $40 total, still about $10-12 savings.

Let me know if you decide to go for it, I'd be game.

Oh wow. I mean, if you wanted to hook a few CAGs up out of the kindness of your heart, that would be awesome.

$33 each + $3 shipping + $4 for your trouble = $40 total, still about $10-12 savings.

Let me know if you decide to go for it, I'd be game.
Can I suck on that teat, too?
I would consider doing it, if people paid up front so that I'm not tracking people down in case they decide they no longer want it... but the code expires Dec 31... I was gonna wait on see on a few things b/c I'm not sure I want them at full price but at 25% off, it's a different story. I don't wanna use the code now and regret it later.

If 5 people are interested, let me know and I'll see what we can work out... and this is max savings only if 5 people do it, b/c the shipping costs don't seem to change that much whether I order 1 or 5.

It's wildly creative, abstract, and artistic. It's the first game in my minded that proved videogames can really be art. Also, the graphics are just insane and not in a high end performance kind of way. The game is just down right zen. and has aged surprising well. Seriously when you master each level's rhythm and timing you'll feel like a zen master. It's a weird mix of exciting rail shooter and a chill out lounge at a club. If sony would allow the PS VR to work on pcs + PS4s, I'd buy it to just play rez every few days (and PC games).

It's kind of like child of Eden (made by the same director as rez), but it's a whole hell of a lot better. It was made in the tail end of Sega's golden era for 3d games. At that time, Sega was making one cult hit after another. It was a good time to be a sega fan...(excluding the dreamcast's failure).

I remember playing COE on my 3d tv and thinking this would be so much cooler in VR (when VR was just a rumbling). In COE when you charged your power or released it had the coolest pop out and pop in effects when used with a PS Move+3d tv. I bet rez is going to take that to a whole new level.

bread's done
Back