iam8bit: (PS4) Rez Infinite Physical Edition (iam8bit Exclusive) Available for Preorder

ElvinWasHere

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
As of today, you can now preorder Rez Infinite through iam8bit.  iam8bit is supposedly releasing the exclusive physical version (i.e. it'll be digital everywhere else) for PS4.

It's also compatible with PSVR and region free.

Never played it, but heard great things!

Officially ships around October - get it while you can!!

EDIT: Forgot the link

http://store.iam8bit.com/collections/rez-infinite

Last edited by a moderator:
I really need to dig out Child of Eden and play it. I never opened it...
It's most def worth a play. I bought it thinking it would be rare one day, but prices have remained crazy cheap.

I remember thinking COE was almost too easy with a PS move and not really a game I'd want to play with a DS3. I felt like you mastered the game a lot faster than Rez, but that's been the trend with gaming...Each generation of gaming seems to get progressively easier or I'm just a hell of a lot better. I can't tell. I'll pop in the occasional 8-32 bit game and be floored by difficulty or be stunned I ever thought a certain game was hard.

I would consider doing it, if people paid up front so that I'm not tracking people down in case they decide they no longer want it... but the code expires Dec 31... I was gonna wait on see on a few things b/c I'm not sure I want them at full price but at 25% off, it's a different story. I don't wanna use the code now and regret it later.

If 5 people are interested, let me know and I'll see what we can work out... and this is max savings only if 5 people do it, b/c the shipping costs don't seem to change that much whether I order 1 or 5.
Hey Vinny, If you don't have the 5 people yet I'd like to get in on this. Send me a pm for the payment details.

Hey Vinny, If you don't have the 5 people yet I'd like to get in on this. Send me a pm for the payment details.
Sorry man, I already have 5 but there's currently a waiting list. I want to give them at least a day or two to respond. I've started a waiting list in case any one of the 5 back out and will people know on a first come, first serve basis. You've been added to said list, will keep you posted.

Sorry man, I already have 5 but there's currently a waiting list. I want to give them at least a day or two to respond. I've started a waiting list in case any one of the 5 back out and will people know on a first come, first serve basis. You've been added to said list, will keep you posted.
Alright, thanks.

Pretty sure this is new. Instead of an October ship date they're just saying "Winter" now. http://store.iam8bit.com/products/rezinfinite-ps4physicalgame

Kinda ridiculous. Especially because you can't cancel a pre-order 14 days after ordering it...never using this website again.
Yes, I also received the update e-mail today and I was kind of shocked by just how many products they have in production that are literally still months away with vague release dates. It makes me nervous about some of the preorders I have with them given that they are a really small company as far as I can tell.

I got a "we are sorry" email from iam8bit telling me it will be shipped in mid november. They added a PSN code for a theme and avatars but the code didn't work. ;(

It anyone doesn't want there avatar code I would love it and cherish it. I sadly don't have anything to offer in return...just my admiration. :)

i honestly thought this game will be shipped by the end of Nov. geez. i feel like i dont want this anymore.. just like Mighty No. 9

My copy arrived yesterday.  Packaging was a large standard bubble envelope with the game in sideways so the envelope could be folded in half with the adheasive strip connected near the opposite end.  Not super pretty, but super effective packaging as my disc was not a floater like most of the LRG shipped games.

I read a lot yesterday about the artwork change, honestly, it looks fine to me.  It doesn't look as cool as if it had been holofoil, but it in no way looks bad.  I mean, it's freaking REZ INFINITE!  It's going to sit on the shelf with my other ps4 games.  I'd be happy to show it to interested friends without embarrassment.

My copy arrived yesterday. Packaging was a large standard bubble envelope with the game in sideways so the envelope could be folded in half with the adheasive strip connected near the opposite end. Not super pretty, but super effective packaging as my disc was not a floater like most of the LRG shipped games.

I read a lot yesterday about the artwork change, honestly, it looks fine to me. It doesn't look as cool as if it had been holofoil, but it in no way looks bad. I mean, it's freaking REZ INFINITE! It's going to sit on the shelf with my other ps4 games. I'd be happy to show it to interested friends without embarrassment.
Happy you got yours...These bastards haven't sent mine. I don't think I'll ever shop with them again. I mean they got some cool exclusives but go crazy on the shipping charges and everything seems to be on backorder or delayed.

They ship via Fangamer? I assumed the package from them I got yesterday was from an old Kickstarter, like usual. Looking forward to tearing that one open tonight.

Happy you got yours...These bastards haven't sent mine. I don't think I'll ever shop with them again. I mean they got some cool exclusives but go crazy on the shipping charges and everything seems to be on backorder or delayed.
How do you know it isn't sent yet? I didn't get any kind of notification the package was just in the mail box which made sense as others had started getting them this week as well (noted over on neogaf). I don't plan to order anything from iam8bit, lrg, or anyone else unless I want the item very much and it's the only way to get it. I'm happy to have Rez Infinite... I'm also very happy to have the previously EU PSN exclusive version of Dragon Fantasy TBTOI for the Vita in physical form. I'm just glad I don't have the itch to own all of this stuff... especially the records.

Don't be too shocked if it shows up today unless you are overseas in which case they launched a new page on their site to show progress on every item they sell and it says mid december for the UK store orders.

I hope everyone that did order gets them soon and they are at least packaged as well as mine was. It wasn't the prettiest type of bubble envelope, but it more than did the job. :D/

OT but does iam8bit charge upfront? I'm thinking of getting the Hero of Time vinyl but I want the ability to easily cancel.
They charge up front and you have 14 days to cancel. But I think with a phone call they will cancel and refund... but YMMV.

My suggestion with any of these companies, be sure you want what you are ordering. If you think you will cancel, don't order it in the first place. From what i understand iam8bit typically overproduces items... so it may make more sense to just not preorder and instead wait for the actual item to be available to buy and then get it.

How do you know it isn't sent yet? I didn't get any kind of notification the package was just in the mail box which made sense as others had started getting them this week as well (noted over on neogaf). I don't plan to order anything from iam8bit, lrg, or anyone else unless I want the item very much and it's the only way to get it. I'm happy to have Rez Infinite... I'm also very happy to have the previously EU PSN exclusive version of Dragon Fantasy TBTOI for the Vita in physical form. I'm just glad I don't have the itch to own all of this stuff... especially the records.

Don't be too shocked if it shows up today unless you are overseas in which case they launched a new page on their site to show progress on every item they sell and it says mid december for the UK store orders.

I hope everyone that did order gets them soon and they are at least packaged as well as mine was. It wasn't the prettiest type of bubble envelope, but it more than did the job. :D/
Per their website they said they haven't processed my order yet. I ordered pretty early too...Maybe under a month after the disk was announced. I'd love for it to come in, Rez is my all time fav ps2 game...and I guess indirectly my all time fav dreamcast game (I never owned one).

Per their website they said they haven't processed my order yet. I ordered pretty early too...Maybe under a month after the disk was announced. I'd love for it to come in, Rez is my all time fav ps2 game...and I guess indirectly my all time fav dreamcast game (I never owned one).
Out of curiosity I logged into my iam8bit account to check my order status. Per their website mine is "unfulfilled". Like LRG, most of these companies suck pretty bad when it comes to real notifications on shipping let alone actually updating their website to reflect reality. The only positive experience I've ever had in this department is with Fangamer. They notified me the day my order shipped, the tracking actually worked, and I got the game in the same time frame everything estimated in their email (along with an email confirmation of delivery). Add to that the game I ordered (Shovel Knight for the Vita) was packaged in a custom box made specifically to fit vita games. Excellent experience all around. Multi-game orders though were handled with different packaging. I know LRG handles shipping in terms of complexity. Single games go out quicker than multi-game orders because it's easier to ship single games and typically that's the bulk of orders... iam8bit may do something similar.

Either way, I was day one and within the first hour or so it went live. I wouldn't imagine the wait for any single orders will be very different unless they process in actual order of purchase (in which case I know mine was near the top of the list).

I've always received a shipping confirmation from LRG, so not sure how often you don't get one, but on my end I've always received one, and on the website it has all of the statuses of orders updated, along with tracking attached to it.  I am not sure if there's something wrong with your account if it does function the same, so you may need to contact them to see what's wrong, but for me I've never had an issue with updates or notifications from them.

The Shovel Knight packaging with the custom box only applied only to single copy orders, but for multiple copy orders they just sent them like everyone else does, which was just the games stacked on top of each other inside the mailer.

Fangamer uses Aftership I believe. There are a slew of those services around and they handle all the correspondence with your customers relating to shipping if you set them up to do so.

I've always received a shipping confirmation from LRG, so not sure how often you don't get one, but on my end I've always received one, and on the website it has all of the statuses of orders updated, along with tracking attached to it. I am not sure if there's something wrong with your account if it does function the same, so you may need to contact them to see what's wrong, but for me I've never had an issue with updates or notifications from them.

The Shovel Knight packaging with the custom box only applied only to single copy orders, but for multiple copy orders they just sent them like everyone else does, which was just the games stacked on top of each other inside the mailer.
I've always gotten a shipping notification as well from LRG, but it could take a week or more before the actual tracking goes live and I've received games before the actual tracking worked as well as before receiving the notification that my order had shipped. So not perfect. Sort of like the emails that would go out after a game went live to order when it was already sold out. They do eventually update the order info... mine looks perfect right now on the site (as I have no outstanding orders to wait for), but in the past the info didn't reflect reality. This may have been made more complex when LRG was using AllPack as the shipping company before moving it all back inhouse. Either way, all of these companies have room for improvement... I am just glad ultimately to get the games I want in physical form. Sometimes there are headaches to put up with in the process, but the end result is game in hand and so far no one has been a complete disappointment and I'm happy with what I own. :D/ I'd include videogamesplus.ca in with this as well. Hoops to jump through in the shipping process, but ultimately very well worth it for the right game.

Yeah, that AllPack phase really was horrible, but it's certainly been much better now that it's back in house again, just a bit slow at times whenever they have other things going like when cons are around. 

Seems the delays are always maximized whenever there's a con they're going to, and shipping just slows down to a crawl.  I guess it's probably just going to keep being the case until they find a more permanent solution to their current situation.

I just don't feel LRG should be the standard of crappy shipping practices as was implied since there are so many more places I can think of that have even worse practices when it comes to shipping.  Hiccups here and there, and not perfect by any means, but they're still better than many other alternatives.

preordered the game the min it went live on iam8bit website like others here my order was listed as unfulfilled on iam8bit's website I DM them on there facebook page and got shipping confirmation # a few hours later the game was shipped out on 12/8/16 its nice to know that it does not make a difference when you make your preorder your order is not going to go out the 1st day they ship them

so if anyone is looking for a shipping confirmation # DM iam8bit on facebook

Ugh, so I waited months for the physical copy of Rez. It comes today, i'm pleasantly surprised, I have to leave to do some Christmas shopping so I leave by brand new copy of Rez, still in the wrapper on my kitchen table.

I come home and notice the game is gone, I'm completely baffled, so I look all around for the game. Finally after about 20 minutes I look in my dogs bed, and there it is, completely chewed up. So annoyed right now. :(

This is the game after the incident.

nIZtMmC.jpg

This is the culprit after he wore himself out gnawing on Rez.

Man that's awful, like really awful, but I can't help but laugh at the last picture. Obviously you find some humor in it as well or you wouldn't have posted it.

Just so awful though...

They charge up front and you have 14 days to cancel. But I think with a phone call they will cancel and refund... but YMMV.

My suggestion with any of these companies, be sure you want what you are ordering. If you think you will cancel, don't order it in the first place. From what i understand iam8bit typically overproduces items... so it may make more sense to just not preorder and instead wait for the actual item to be available to buy and then get it.
Do you know if they often get stuff on sale?

Your dog looks like Chewbacca!

Alsw, my Rez copy arrived on Saturday.  Packed very snugly in a bubble mailer but otherwise arrived in good shape (and not a floater).  There is no reason they should have charged any more than $5 to ship it though.  Did they ever get that fixed?

For those complaining about Media mail not being an option any longer trust me it's better that it's not. That shit gets opened and inspected all the time and if it isn't a book it goes back :p.

The prices they are charging for shipping are utter bullshit though they must be factoring in a huge "handling" fee to throw it in a box/bubblemailer.

As for the loose disc issue I doubt companies like LRG will tackle it because it's not a big enough issue for them. If they were so worried about the condition of games arriving versus the risk of damage they would ship in boxes instead of shipping them out in bubble mailers unless you pay an extra $3.

I got a shipping notice for my copy and according to the tracking, it'll be here today (it was actually shipped a few days ago)... hopefully they ship the group order I made soon too.

I said earlier in the thread that I wasn't going to buy this, but I broke down and did so. My order arrived Saturday, but haven't had the chance to play it yet. The "covergate" controversy is a bit disappointing, but isn't the end of the world. Overall I'm happy with the situation, just feel like I spent a bit too much.  

I did end up getting a shipping notification Friday. So it looks like there is a delay between thing getting sent and the order system updating and sending out the notices. There's a further delay before the site updates as mine still shows unfulfilled as of this morning.

Do you know if they often get stuff on sale?
No clue, this was my first order with iam8bit. Maybe google for past sales info. I think this may be just one of those places that there just aren't any great deals. It's all about the content... which thankfully for me, this was the only thing they've ever sold that I actually wanted.

Alsw, my Rez copy arrived on Saturday. Packed very snugly in a bubble mailer but otherwise arrived in good shape (and not a floater).
Maybe iam8bit actually managed to solve the floater issue. I haven't read anyone that got a floater yet. Seems like just a thicker bubble envelope is the key to fixing the issue. Too bad other companies just look at it as an acceptable loss rather than paying a little more for better envelopes. Then again, these envelopes weren't anywhere near as fancy looking as what LRG uses. So maybe it would actually save them money? Sure they aren't as pretty but they seem to do the job very well.

This is the culprit after he wore himself out gnawing on Rez.
You gotta get your dog to stop doing weed before playing Rez. Or at least leave some kibble around to munch on.

I did end up getting a shipping notification Friday. So it looks like there is a delay between thing getting sent and the order system updating and sending out the notices. There's a further delay before the site updates as mine still shows unfulfilled as of this morning.

No clue, this was my first order with iam8bit. Maybe google for past sales info. I think this may be just one of those places that there just aren't any great deals. It's all about the content... which thankfully for me, this was the only thing they've ever sold that I actually wanted.

Maybe iam8bit actually managed to solve the floater issue. I haven't read anyone that got a floater yet. Seems like just a thicker bubble envelope is the key to fixing the issue. Too bad other companies just look at it as an acceptable loss rather than paying a little more for better envelopes. Then again, these envelopes weren't anywhere near as fancy looking as what LRG uses. So maybe it would actually save them money? Sure they aren't as pretty but they seem to do the job very well.

You gotta get your dog to stop doing weed before playing Rez. Or at least leave some kibble around to munch on.
Mine was a floater, so they haven't fixed the issue.

bread's done
Back