iam8bit: (PS4) Rez Infinite Physical Edition (iam8bit Exclusive) Available for Preorder

ElvinWasHere

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
As of today, you can now preorder Rez Infinite through iam8bit.  iam8bit is supposedly releasing the exclusive physical version (i.e. it'll be digital everywhere else) for PS4.

It's also compatible with PSVR and region free.

Never played it, but heard great things!

Officially ships around October - get it while you can!!

EDIT: Forgot the link

http://store.iam8bit.com/collections/rez-infinite

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine was a floater, so they haven't fixed the issue.
Awe man. That sucks. I was hoping by just dumb luck someone would figure out a good packaging combo that would consistently work. I have yet to get a floater but outside of this one iam8bit order, my other ps4 games came from amazon or retail stores.

For those complaining about Media mail not being an option any longer trust me it's better that it's not. That shit gets opened and inspected all the time and if it isn't a book it goes back :p.

The prices they are charging for shipping are utter bullshit though they must be factoring in a huge "handling" fee to throw it in a box/bubblemailer.

As for the loose disc issue I doubt companies like LRG will tackle it because it's not a big enough issue for them. If they were so worried about the condition of games arriving versus the risk of damage they would ship in boxes instead of shipping them out in bubble mailers unless you pay an extra $3.
Ugh, I hate posts like this. We *can't* tackle the issue because we don't cause it. Sony manufactures our games and they have the same cases all PS4 games have. Boxes don't matter. I can make a PS4 disc go loose from behind four layers of cardboard. Shit, I can reliably cause a disc to go loose with minimal effort behind a thick acrylic case. The issue is that the cases need padding on the interior, which isn't an option Sony provides. Their machines aren't set up to insert styrofoam or padding (I've checked).

Believe me, if I could fix this issue I would. Our customer retention for PS4 is terrible and I can only guess loose discs play a factor. Our Vita fanbase has stuck around and grown substantially over the year - PS4 not so much.

Awe man. That sucks. I was hoping by just dumb luck someone would figure out a good packaging combo that would consistently work. I have yet to get a floater but outside of this one iam8bit order, my other ps4 games came from amazon or retail stores.
I'm pretty sure I've already explained the situation to you in the Limited Run thread. The issue is a SONY issue, not us, nor iam8bit, nor anyone else. The cases are shit. Compare to Xbox One - you can barely get the discs off the spindle if you try. PS4 games pop off the spindle if you apply even a minimal amount of pressure to the center of the case. Bubble mailer, box, wood box, whatever - none will solve the loose disc issue. The case is garbage and Sony provides no other options.

If everyone can please stop pretending this is an issue we can fix, my sanity would greatly benefit.

If I order today, will it ship in january? How much was it total shipped in US? I don't want to make an acct to find out.

Heads up, I am 8 bit is emailing everyone about the availability of custom covers for Rez. It has some convoluted process to validate but they are pretty good looking covers. Considering I tried to cancel since I bought digital day one mine is still in shrink wrap. Gotta decide if I want to open and put these in.

01.jpg

Just got the e-mail.

Was surprised they were making good on it because I distinctly remember people complaining about the quality before and how iam8bit is not known for their customer service.

Anyway, you have to give them your original order # as well as some new code that they send you (took me forever to find my old order number since I deleted the email more than 30 days ago... had to troubleshoot my site account, which I didn't even know I had at first, since I thought I probably checked out as guest as a one off).

But, after a few minutes of work, I guess I should be getting a nice new crispy double sided insert from them free of charge at some point.

The problem is, my Rez is still sealed so I don't know what I'm going to do with it. I don't think I'd ever swap out the old one, even if it is shitty quality lol... that'd be getting rid of the one thing that proves it's a first printing.

Heads up, I am 8 bit is emailing everyone about the availability of custom covers for Rez. It has some convoluted process to validate but they are pretty good looking covers. Considering I tried to cancel since I bought digital day one mine is still in shrink wrap. Gotta decide if I want to open and put these in.

01.jpg
Just submitted mine and I found the wording on the confirmation funny... email made it sound like we're getting a reward for our early pre-order but the confirmation says that the 2nd printing that they're doing now will have the foil cover by default.

This just makes me even more sure that they originally intended to have the foil cover, tried to get out of it/play dumb when people called them out on it.

Better late than never - but iam8bit just sent me an e-mail with a unique code to avail of a new cover insert and yes it's FREE - they will mail it to you.  The code is unique to each order and can be only used once..  Here's the e-mail body.

Hello Rez Fan!

You're receiving this email because you purchased the first pressing of the Rez Infinite Physical PS4 edition...

...and we have a SURPRISE for you!

When we originally produced the Rez Infinite insert, it met the standards of all other PS4 releases - utilizing the same printers and production plant that produce all other PlayStation games.

After considering the final product, though, we felt like the legacy of Rez deserved something of a more premium quality - something as special as Rez is to all of us.

Working closely with Enhance Games and designer Cory Schmitz, we're proud to unveil the...

Brand-New

REVERSIBLE

Cover Insert!!

(pictured below)

It is different from other PS4 releases in a few lovely ways:

Thicker paper stock (for durability)

Premium Coating (for a smooth touch)

AND...

A HOLOGRAPHIC FOIL imprint (that is simply... AWESOME!)

Since you purchased Rez Infinite PS4 from us already, we are happy to mail this new reversible insert to you for AT ABSOLUTELY NO COST TO YOU. All we need from you are a few bits of info!

and use the

Upgrade Code

below to provide us

with your infocleardot.gif

[MY CODE HERE]

Please note:

Your code is, indeed, UNIQUE...

so you'll only be able to use it ONCE.

Thanks again for your continued support & loyalty!

XOXO,

iam8bit

Yeah I got the same email yesterday.  It is nice they are sending out these for free to people that preordered. I didn't mind the original version, but this version is quite beautiful.

finally opened up my cover and put in the case, they printed the thing fucking upside down? jesus christ

Floaters are due to the case construction not the way they are shipped folks. Why is this even still coming up?
How come I've gotten plenty of dvd's that had floaters? Got a wiiu game last week with one, and at least 1 xbox one game. Out of the 75+ ps4 games I've had maybe 3 or 4 floaters, if it was some big design flaw it would be much higher percent. Out of the 500+ blu rays I have I've had maybe 30 floaters I can think of it. Given the percent of floaters to how didn't in those various systems I'd say it's safe to say, discs that are easily removeable will pop out on occasion due to automation not properly putting them in place, vibration from shipping, impact from shipping and being handled by 3 dozen people, shrinking and expanding of the material from being in different environments and so on.

Funny how people latch onto some "fact" that there is no empirical evidence and actual proof to something, but sounds good to them and they run around mindlessly spewing it out and stating it as fact. Then others who require no proof do the same thing because it sounds good in their head and want to sound snarky and savvy also.

How come I've gotten plenty of dvd's that had floaters? Got a wiiu game last week with one, and at least 1 xbox one game. Out of the 75+ ps4 games I've had maybe 3 or 4 floaters, if it was some big design flaw it would be much higher percent. Out of the 500+ blu rays I have I've had maybe 30 floaters I can think of it. Given the percent of floaters to how didn't in those various systems I'd say it's safe to say, discs that are easily removeable will pop out on occasion due to automation not properly putting them in place, vibration from shipping, impact from shipping and being handled by 3 dozen people, shrinking and expanding of the material from being in different environments and so on.

Funny how people latch onto some "fact" that there is no empirical evidence and actual proof to something, but sounds good to them and they run around mindlessly spewing it out and stating it as fact. Then others who require no proof do the same thing because it sounds good in their head and want to sound snarky and savvy also.
The best part is you are agreeing with the point I made, it doesn't matter how you ship them they will still have floaters.

i received my new covers in the mail a week or two ago.    that was a nice free add on for physical purchasing this game.    the game is timeless.     I own on dreamcast, ps2, x360 digital and x360 disc collection; and now ps4 digital & disc.    = )     the new level they added to this game; its surreal in PS VR!!   

Find a sealed PS4 game and place your thumb on the cover over the center spindle. Apply a very minimal amount of pressure. Boom, the game will fall from the spindle! Now try this on a Wii U or Xbox One game. It doesn't work without significant effort (if at all in the case of X1 games). PS4 cases suffer from a design flaw wherein a minimal amount of pressure at the center of the case can cause a disc to pop off the spindle. Empirical evidence doesn't get much better than this since you can easily try this and observe the issue versus other cases.

Yes, shipping and manufacturing errors can lead to loose discs in all case types, but the issue with PS4 games is 9 times out of 10 due to the cases used.

i received my new covers in the mail a week or two ago. that was a nice free add on for physical purchasing this game. the game is timeless. I own on dreamcast, ps2, x360 digital and x360 disc collection; and now ps4 digital & disc. = ) the new level they added to this game; its surreal in PS VR!!
Man if you read my prior comments on this game I'd totally agree this game was timeless…but after a few hrs I have to say it's showing it's age. It's one trip down memory lane that let down a bit. I thought it was too easy or maybe I'm just too good from back in the day. I was also surprised by the simplicity, I feel like I thought it was way more complex back in HS. Or maybe I'm just way better at gaming idk.

The music however is masterful maybe even beating streets of rage 2 as my all time fav. The game is worth buy just to experience the tracks. It's fantasia on steroids! This game is the grand daddy to all music games (bust a move and pappa the rapper excluded) and worth owning as a piece of history (esp dreamcast)

Physical for $39 shipped worth it?
I hate swapping discs but I recognize the rarity of a physical release.
Although being $30 regular price on PSN makes it really hard to justify since I can probably get it for half this discounted physical price any time it goes on sale.

Has anyone tried plugging in the Japanese PS2 Trance Vibrator with PS4 release?

Physical for $39 shipped worth it?
I hate swapping discs but I recognize the rarity of a physical release.
Although being $30 regular price on PSN makes it really hard to justify since I can probably get it for half this discounted physical price any time it goes on sale.

Has anyone tried plugging in the Japanese PS2 Trance Vibrator with PS4 release?
Iam8bit couldn't even print the covers for their replacement covers correctly (artwork is upside down). I refuse to ever give another penny to that stupid company after the disaster this release was

Iam8bit couldn't even print the covers for their replacement covers correctly (artwork is upside down). I refuse to ever give another penny to that stupid company after the disaster this release was
thanks, I think that will seal the deal. I can live with digital.

Rez Infinite $39.99 - $7 off = $32.99 + $4.99 Shipping = $37.98. Should i go for it or should i waits?
Is this $7 off available to all? Where can I find it?

Looks like there's a promo code: 8bitwknd

Looks like that's super old never mind

I saw the Promo code REZ20 but didnt end up biting simply cuz of that shipping fee killing the discount.  I have never played rez so im sort of iffy anyway

bread's done
Back