Ibotta: Get $5 back on $100 in Best Buy purchase(s) (online and/or in store) - $10 back on $100 for Microsoftstore.com too!

BudzMcGee

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Since Ibotta has been regularly having Best Buy and Microsoftstore.com offers I've restructured this thread a bit. I have also added an FAQ below.

Current "CAG Friendly" offers:

- Best Buy (in store and/or online):

$5 for spending $100 (can be multiple purchases)* - Expires "02/10/15 at 12:59 am",

*On occasion some users get different offers so it may vary - you won't know until you open the app.

- MicrosoftStore.com (online only):

$10 for spending $100 (can be multiple purchases) - Expires but has been ongoing regularly

- New users can also get a $2 bonus (read below).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ibotta is basically an instant rebate app for smart phones that allows you to get money back for certain items (typically grocery). The money can be deposited into your paypal or used for some gift cards.  It is an app actually worth checking out anyway but these deals are certainly bound to speak to some CAG folk.

You can download the app through their site (or read below if you'd like to thank me for sharing this offer with you): https://ibotta.com/. There is no bonus to using my referral link in my signature but if you'd like to as a thank you for posting this I certainly won't argue - your rebate will go through all the same but yes, I get a bonus too.  To do so correctly make sure to register at the below link and then sign in with those same credentials once you install the app.

New Ibotta user you can earn an additional $2 bonus for redeeming your first offer. Simply redeem your first offer (this offer or any other) within 10 days of signing up. Once you redeem your first offer (again, you must do so within 10 days of signing up not just installing the app) you will get a bonus $2 welcome reward. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

General Ibotta FAQ

Q: How do I unlock a rebate?

A: Each rebate has a couple of task that must be completed before it is "unlocked" and you can redeem it. Most of these task consist of a poll or "learning a fact" but on occasion they include posting to Twitter or Facebook. 

Q: How long can I submit a receipt?

A: Receipts can be submitted for up to one week from the purchase date. I.e. a receipt from the 1st can be submitted up through the 7th. Offers do expire though, and an offer may expire before a week's time preventing you from submitting it. 

Q: How do I complete an online offer such as BestBuy.com?

A: Once you've competed the "task" to unlock the offer there will be an option to click a button to "shop." You will then have the option to send yourself a referral link to use later or to shop directly from within an in-app browser. Online purchases tend to show up in your account in 2-3 days.

Q: I bought something three days ago and a new rebate has been added for that same item! Can I still submit my receipt?
A: Yes, you can submit any receipt less than a week old, even if the offer didn't exist when you originally purchased the item. For example, if you spent $100 at Best Buy on the 1st and an offer for $10 back when you spend $100 was added on the 3rd, you could submit the receipt from the 1st. 

Q: How long do rebates take?

A: They can vary a bit, and receipt photos that are hard to read seem to take longer (most likely are manually reviewed) but often times rebates post to your account within an hour. 

Q: How can I get the money I've earned?

A: Once you've reached a minimum of $10 you can "cash out" a number of ways including sending the cash directly to your Paypal or even gift cards such as Best Buy and Starbucks (among others). 

Q: How come some people have a $10 for spending $100 and others have $5 for $100 or $20 for $100? Why don't I have the same offer as someone else?

A: Ibotta does seem to periodically offer different offers to different users. This appears to be from a combination of different reasons, everything from geographical location, how long you'e been a user or even if you redeemed a previous offer for the same store. 

Q: If I pay with a gift card will it still count? Can I use other coupons and still qualify for an Ibotta rebate?

A: Ibotta really doesn't care about the form of payment or other coupons used (with one exception). So long as you bought the item and it is on your receipt it will qualify. It is possible to buy a grocery item that is on sale for $2, use a $1 off coupon and get $1.50 back in Ibotta rebate. The exception to this is the "Spend $$$ to get $$$" offers. Since the final total paid is what matters. If you lower the total with coupons/sales/reward certificates (for Best Buy) will result in less money being counted as "spent."  

Q: How do "Team Bonuses" work?

A: Teams are fairly new and still a little unclear but the primary way they work is that everyone you invite to Ibotta and joins through your link winds up on your "team." Once your team has received a certain dollar amount in rebates and you've also redeemed a certain amount you qualify for a bonus. For example, a hypothetical Team Bonus might require that your team redeems $20 in rebates total and you redeem $10 in rebates personally. Once both conditions are met you'll receive the bonus for that month. This will typically unlock a "level 2" where you can gain another bonus when the next levels are met. So far there have not been more than 3 "levels" of Team Bonuses.  It may be possible to add others to your team through Facebook. 

Q: Can multiple accounts on different devices send to the same Paypal account?

A: Short answer, yes. Ibotta does appear to have realized that some households may have multiple phones but maybe only one Paypal account so you could, for example, have yourself and your spouse both cash out to the same Paypal. Having more than one account per person is almost certainly against the terms however so do so at your own risk.

Previous deal info
Best Buy and Ibotta deal for Black Friday

Find gifts for everyone on your list at Best Buy!

Earn $5 when you Spend $100 in-store at Best Buy or online at BestBuy.com on Thanksgiving or Black Friday.
Once you earn your first $5, you’ll unlock a special bonus offer where you can earn an additional $10 when you spend $10 in-store (on your next trip) to Best Buy. Be sure to hurry, this special unlocked bonus offer will only last until the weekend of 12/6/14.
Check your special unlocked offer for more details.
Best Buy In-Store Details
To qualify you must:

• Spend a total of $100 at Best Buy between 12:01 AM (PST) on 11/27/14 and 11:59 PM (PST) on 11/28/14
  • The $100 minimum may include receipts submitted from one or multiple shopping trips across in-store and online Best Buy purchases.
  • Spend at least $100 prior to adding any taxes or shipping and handling costs
  • If your in-store purchase is cancelled or returned, your earnings will be reversed and your Ibotta account balance will be adjusted accordingly
  • No partial credit will be awarded if the $100 minimum is not met
  • Offer excludes gift card purchases
  • Subject to Best Buy’s Return and Exchange Policy
  • Terms subject to change.
Best Buy Online Details
To qualify you must:

• Spend a total of $100 at BestBuy.com between 12:01 AM (PST) on 11/27/14 and 11:59 PM (PST) on 11/28/14
  • The $100 minimum may include receipts submitted from one or multiple shopping trips across online and in-store purchases.
  • Spend at least $100 prior to adding any taxes or shipping and handling costs
  • If your online purchase is cancelled or returned, your earnings will be reversed and your Ibotta account balance will be adjusted accordingly
  • No partial credit will be awarded if the $100 minimum is not met
  • Offer excludes gift card purchases
  • Subject to Best Buy’s Return and Exchange Policy
  • Terms subject to change.
Check your app on 11/27/14 or 11/28/14 for additional details.

The money can be deposited into your paypal or used for some gift cards (Starbucks for example).  It is an app actually worth checking out anyway but this new deal certainly bound to speak to some CAG folk.

You can download the app through their site (or read below if you'd like to thank me for sharing this offer with you): https://ibotta.com/. There is no bonus to using my referral link below but if you'd like to as a thank you for posting this I certainly won't argue - your rebate will go through all the same but I get a bonus too so it's pretty awesome.   :) To do so correctly make sure to register at the below link and then sign in with those same credentials once you install the app.

New Ibotta user you can earn an additional $2 bonus for redeeming your first offer. Simply redeem your first offer (this offer or any other) within 10 days of signing up. Once you redeem your first offer (again, you must do so within 10 days of signing up not just installing the app) you will get a bonus $2 welcome reward. So $7 total back for a $50 purchase (or $12 for $100).

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay. I currently do not own a smart phone (iPhone or Android), but it seems like this is a pretty fantastic app and deal. What would be the cheapest way for me to start doing this? I just recently bought a 2 Year Gamer's Club Unlocked subscription from Best Buy during the Titanfall sale, and being able to earn anywhere from $5 - $10 for doing something I would do anyways is highly enticing. Thank you in advance. :)
It should be made clear, this specific offer ($5 back for $50, $10 back for $100 at Best Buy) has only been available a total of 3 times over the last couple of months. It isn't "constantly" available. Though there are other non Best Buy offers all the time. For example, pretty much every week they have a "Get $0.50 back with purchase of a gallon of milk" that is good at Walmart/Target. I typically use Cartwheel to save an extra 5% off the milk too.

How exactly is Ibotta going to stop people from buying stuff, scanning in the receipt and then returning the item?
I am pulling this entirely out of my ass but my guess is that they verify the receipt in some form using the UPC at the top. From an IT perspective it wouldn't be difficult for it to ping them if a return is processed on that receipt. They may not be able to pull the money back out but I learned last time they had a Best Buy offer that they can and sometimes do freeze accounts pretty quickly (I had so many referrals they investigated me). When the account is frozen you can't redeem an offer or cash out.

Damn, not being able to upload your store pick up receipts screwed me. Still would have been a penny short though.
Yeah, I wish you could but I think this is double whammy; there is no UPC on the receipt and it doesn't actually list a purchase date on in store pick ups which you need (I tried to submit one last time at that was the specific error I received).

I did the receipt for my $5 last night, took about 45 minutes to go through which is pretty typical. All told, between the three times they've done this I've gotten $20 in cash from Ibotta just for Best Buy offers ($10, $5, $5)

Also, again, just to remind everyone you can redeem multiple receipts on your way to $50 or $100. If you have a $80 receipt from last Wednesday add it as you'll have until the 23rd to spend $20 more.

Also, again, just to remind everyone you can redeem multiple receipts on your way to $50 or $100. If you have a $80 receipt from last Wednesday add it as you'll have until the 23rd to spend $20 more.
The way I read it we can't buy anymore since they want receipts from 3/11/14 - 3/18/14. Could we still submit if we bought on the 22nd?

I have $10 off $100. But I may not reach it now as I was planning to use my B2G1 coupon on preowned PS4 games...unfortunately i don't think any of the BB's in driving distance of my work have them in stock :(

The way I read it we can't buy anymore since they want receipts from 3/11/14 - 3/18/14. Could we still submit if we bought on the 22nd?
You have a week to submit a receipt, meaning that you can't submit a receipt any older than a week (last Wednesday currently) but any receipts between now and the 22nd would work. So on the 22nd the oldest receipt you could submit would be from the 15th.

I have $10 off $100. But I may not reach it now as I was planning to use my B2G1 coupon on preowned PS4 games...unfortunately i don't think any of the BB's in driving distance of my work have them in stock :(
If you're just looking to flip did you also check X1 stock? It was hit pretty hard last week by flipping opportunities but worth asking.

Really weird, Ibotta said my receipt went through last night but the offer was still there today. Clicked on the activity and it said that my offer didn't go through so I just resubmitted. Never had that happen before. Definitely didn't get the $5 either. Odd.

Really weird, Ibotta said my receipt went through last night but the offer was still there today. Clicked on the activity and it said that my offer didn't go through so I just resubmitted. Never had that happen before. Definitely didn't get the $5 either. Odd.
Just check mine right now and Iost the $10 from BBY, should've cashed it out yesterday.

Just check mine right now and Iost the $10 from BBY, should've cashed it out yesterday.
I resubmitted my receipt and it went fine. $5 is def there now. Just weird. Maybe they were having issues last night.

My receipt was 100% legit (it was for $86 worth of games). Was yours for gift cards or anything? I do recommend trying to resubmit.

I resubmitted my receipt and it went fine. $5 is def there now. Just weird. Maybe they were having issues last night.

My receipt was 100% legit (it was for $86 worth of games). Was yours for gift cards or anything? I do recommend trying to resubmit.
Mine was all legit purchases but used GC to pay.

Edit: just resubmitted the receipt and it worked. I went ahead and withdrew the money right away thru paypal to be safe.

Bought some ink for my printer and another game to flip and I was able to reach the goal and get $10 back. Thanks for giving me the heads up on this app.

Bought some ink for my printer and another game to flip and I was able to reach the goal and get $10 back. Thanks for giving me the heads up on this app.
Absolutely.

Anyone redeemed a receipt that was for some combined gift cards for this? Worked in the past, wondering if it is still working.

There seems to be some confusion regarding this in other threads. It does not matter what form of payment you use, they just state that it doesn't work when you purchase a gift card or price match something.

Bumping on the other hand as this is a nice bonus on top of the Buy Two X1 or PS4 games get a $15 gift card deal.

Thanks OP. Already completed my $10 off $100 and got the $2 bonus on top of that. Free $12 in my paypal account. As others mentioned, I wish I got the $20 off $200.

Just a reminder, even though the app says this offer expires 3/23, it also says at 12:59 am on 3/23. Might be best to make sure you submit your receipts today if you plan on taking advantage of the offer.

Ok, so i just installed the app and signed up, i noticed that i only have the $10 off $100.  I don't see anything for $5 off $50. My other question is am i able to send them instore pickup receipts? I picked up GZ on Wednesday and it would be enough to get me to my $100.

Is it just me, but I don't have an option to submit Best Buy receipts, what am I missing? Once you do the polls is there something else that must be done? All I have is an option that has an x & says "not interested in this rebate."

There seems to be some confusion regarding this in other threads. It does not matter what form of payment you use, they just state that it doesn't work when you purchase a gift card or price match something.

Bumping on the other hand as this is a nice bonus on top of the Buy Two X1 or PS4 games get a $15 gift card deal.
I wonder how many referrals you've got from this thread haha :whistle2:$

Ok, so i just installed the app and signed up, i noticed that i only have the $10 off $100. I don't see anything for $5 off $50. My other question is am i able to send them instore pickup receipts? I picked up GZ on Wednesday and it would be enough to get me to my $100.
Not trying to be a dick but literally everything you just asked is covered in the OP. Half of it is in the thread title.

I wonder how many referrals you've got from this thread haha :whistle2:$
Not as many as you might think.

I dont see where to put in my receipt. How do I do it? Also looks like it expires on the 26th now?

I dont see where to put in my receipt. How do I do it? Also looks like it expires on the 26th now?
:0

He's right!

PS
Would purchases from bestbuy.com and an online receipt work for this?

I found where to take a picture of the receipt but when i hold it up to my online reciept it says i need to lay it flat. Dont think you can.

I found where to take a picture of the receipt but when i hold it up to my online reciept it says i need to lay it flat. Dont think you can.
Instore receipts only.

Thanks again for the heads up on this app

EDIT: Just got the confirmation and transfered the 10 to my Paypal. Uploaded the receipt about 2 hours ago. Awesome. Rep to BudzMcgee.

Instore receipts only.

Thanks again for the heads up on this app

EDIT: Just got the confirmation and transfered the 10 to my Paypal. Uploaded the receipt about 2 hours ago. Awesome. Rep to BudzMcgee.
Thanks. And before someone asks again, in store pick up receipts do not work.

Anyone else able to confirm? It says goes till the 26th now?

Thanks for the update, I update the OP.

Oh, and for anyone who decides to cash out to the Starbucks giftcard I recommend the starbucks rewards app. You can add the e-gift card to that and get stars or points or whatever.

Did anyone ever try cashing out to Venmo for the additional $5?

Nice that they send you the PayPal instantly, expected it to be a delayed thing.  Cashed out after seeing that other people were having trouble after the fact and they just pulled it from my mothers account.

Nice that they send you the PayPal instantly, expected it to be a delayed thing. Cashed out after seeing that other people were having trouble after the fact and they just pulled it from my mothers account.
Yeah, and this offer is awesome because you hit the minimum cash out point with one offer ($5.00). The grocery rebates are nice but sometimes you go weeks before you can cash out. I was really hoping Divergent would show up under their movie rebates since I have free passes so that would of been a free $1. lol

Reminder once more that even though the offer says good till "12:59 am on 3/26" in the past that has meant that the offer ended on 3/25 for some people so today might be the last chance to submit your receipts. 

Mine says 4/1 but it excludes gift card receipts and price match so it's not good.
Those have been the exclusions the entire time.

A friend just sent me a screen shot. Looks like they extended this yet again! Goes till 4/1- 4/2 now. Weird that they keep extending it but gives everyone more time to submit multiple receipts I guess.

i got credit for an online order that i did store pickup with...  i submitted a picture of the screen with the online receipt, and appended the store pickup receipt (showed same order number, etc) as a second page of the receipt.  

i got credit for an online order that i did store pickup with... i submitted a picture of the screen with the online receipt, and appended the store pickup receipt (showed same order number, etc) as a second page of the receipt.
Guess it's worth a shot. I SHOULD get something considering I submitted one for ~$82 (in store purchase), and just the other night made another ~$75 purchase only this time through the website for store-pickup >_>

Guess it's worth a shot. I SHOULD get something considering I submitted one for ~$82 (in store purchase), and just the other night made another ~$75 purchase only this time through the website for store-pickup >_>
yeah, i had to submit it a few times before it took. the first time i didnt include the paper receipt from the store pickup (the online receipt showed that i picked it up).

it was defo worth it for me. $10 rebate + $2 bonus (first time use bonus) + $5 bonus for signing up for a Venmo account. got $17 bucks back! ;)

bread's done
Back