Ice Silver PSP Slim Daxter Bundle $169.99 Target B&M or PM-Available NOW!

Nephilim

CAGiversary!
Feedback
91 (100%)
Edit 5: Courtesy of Birakon, here is a screen grab.
Screen Grab

Edit 4: Thanks to jnirvana292, here is a Yahoo cache version.

Edit 3: Target.com has changed the price, and my Google Cache page is gone.
If someone has a screenshot, post it and I will ad it.

Edit 2: Target has removed the item or changed the price. You can now use the Google Cached version for your printout and price match.

Edit 1:

Some Target, Walmart and Best Buy stores are reported to have these in stock and available for sale right now. There is a Sony Press Release stating that.

CAG's are also reporting that Target, Walmart and Best Buy stores have been price matching the webpage printout from the Target.com site.

Also, here is the google cached version in case Target.com changes the price.

End Edit:

Target.com has this bundle listed for $169.99 In Store Only not available online.

PSP Slim Daxter bundle

So I guess you could print this out if they raise the price in store and see if they or another retailer would match it. Strange that they would discount this new bundle by $30.

This bundle is being released on Sept 10th and should be in stores after that.
It includes:
• Gaming System includes 1Gb Memory Stick, AC Adapter, PlayStation Portable System, Power Cord, Battery Pack
• Games included are Game: Daxter™ Video:Family Guy™ The Freakin 'Sweet Collection
• Features Slim, Lightweight Design

new_psp_daxter.jpg

[quote name='briandadude']This is your conscience speaking...now that the price has been fixed on the website, is it ethical to still try to get it at the cheaper price?[/QUOTE]

yes, but only for 72 hours after the price change. This is listed in the CAG Moral Code for Deals.

I went to Best Buy this morning with a printout of the Target price and got it matched! This was the Best Buy north of the river in Kansas City near Metro North Mall. They had about 30 of the bundles left. The cashier looked at it, questioned it for a moment (she asked another employee if they could still price match. She was told yes as long as that was the in store price. She also said something about not price matching Amazon.com) and then did it.

Thanks OP!

[quote name='Rincewind']Please LMK Zakk.[/QUOTE]
Circuit City: No Deal.

But then I remembered there is a sony style store in valley fair:
2855 Stevens Creek Boulevard
Santa Clara, CA 95050
Phone (408)246-9151

Whom I called and is selling it!
Heading out there now :>

Edit: Score!

[quote name='neonglow']Do the UMDs in the package come in normal PSP plastic cases or in cardboard sleeves?[/QUOTE]

Cardboard sleeves.

Got it pricematched at the Best Buy by the 405 near Santa Monica no problem. The cashier just glanced at the print out and okayed it. They still had 3-4 in the cages when I left.

edit: Grrr, there seems to be a fleck of dirt/lint under my screen. I thought it was a dead pixel at first, but I can see it when the PSP is off too. Does anyone know how to fix it, or should I just go tomorrow and exchange it?

Just get it exchanged, if you can. I have to do that tomorrow with mine. It has a really obvious stuck pixel in the middle of the screen.

Clearly the new PSPs still have issues with screens but... it seems less than the old ones.

Still, I think I've been more than generous with Sony. I want my PSP right this time around.

[quote name='takotchi']Just get it exchanged, if you can. I have to do that tomorrow with mine. It has a really obvious stuck pixel in the middle of the screen.

Clearly the new PSPs still have issues with screens but... it seems less than the old ones.

Still, I think I've been more than generous with Sony. I want my PSP right this time around.[/quote]

I had to have my PSP phat unit replaced 3 times. The first time was due to a stuck shoulder button, the second was due to the system just crapping out (would not boot), and the analog stick broke on my last one. I haven't opened my new slim unit yet. I hope I don't have the same problems with it.

BTW have they released any accessories for the slim besides the Component cables? I guess I'll need to get a new carrying case and new screen protector.

Do the old AC adapters work with the slims? I doubt it but ask because I got an extra one for $5 at a YMMV Wal-Mart clearance...

Circuit city didn't have any in stock and bestbuy shot me down. They actually made me goto the customer service counter and wait while they confirmed my price and stock at target. Oh well! The light blue import is looking tempting now

[quote name='nakedsushi']Got it pricematched at the Best Buy by the 405 near Santa Monica no problem. The cashier just glanced at the print out and okayed it. They still had 3-4 in the cages when I left.

edit: Grrr, there seems to be a fleck of dirt/lint under my screen. I thought it was a dead pixel at first, but I can see it when the PSP is off too. Does anyone know how to fix it, or should I just go tomorrow and exchange it?[/QUOTE]
Have the exact same thing except I think its a dead pixel-going back tonight for exchange. What a pain in the ass-my first one ever :(

BTW have they released any accessories for the slim besides the Component cables? I guess I'll need to get a new carrying case and new screen protector.

Do the old AC adapters work with the slims? I doubt it but ask because I got an extra one for $5 at a YMMV Wal-Mart clearance...

I didn't see any accessories at all when I picked it up. Might check for component cables when I go back to exchange tomorrow.

The AC adapter included is the same model. I think the number was PSP-100... whatever it is, it's the same.

did a CC PM from a 4 day old print out i had made

the new psp is WAY lighter than the old one, im very impressed...

My Target had about 4 of these today. I think they've been moving fast off the shelves because the remaining ones were unorganized/facing every which way instead of the standard dress right dress.

On a related note when I bought my bundle tonight at Walmart in Lawrence KS, they also had Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror for 10 bucks, which is at least 10 bucks cheaper than anywhere else ive seen and I hear its a good game.

Was up in the case, not a grab bin or something.

Probably ymmv since it shows as 20 bones on the walmart website, but hell prob worth the try to look for it if anyone is interested.

I had a dead pixel or particle stuck under the screen too -- swapped mine out tonight, wanted to avoid a sellout on Sunday.

I can confirm that the original PSP AC adapter/cable works with the Slim. I'm charging my Slim with my old AC adapter and it works fine.

The PSP Slim is great, at first I thought it was a waste of money but once I got it in my hands my regrets went out the window. It's LIGHT. It weighs nothing compared to the original, it feels like it's a marketing mock-up with nothing in it. I love it.

Bear in mind that the Daxter bundle doesn't include a carrying pouch though. Right now I'm using the black pouch from my original, but I'm hoping that Sony releases a matching silver pouch.

For the Texans out there, the Target in Humble has a few. Priced at 199.99 though of course. Also Wal-mart down the street from Deerbrook Mall in Humble has quite a few instock.

I Went to Toys R US In Covina CAlifornia and they said they had them but there was a street date. They also said they didn't price match. Walmart Did not have any. I got mine at CC for 170. The guy there went to get mine in the back and took it to the counter for me. They price matched for me and I just showed them the target print out.

[quote name='skygunnerblue']Successful PM at BB in Waterfront, PA. I kinda wanted the black one, but for the same price and some extra stuff, I'll take the silver. :cool:[/quote]

Same here. I was going to wait for the black one but I couldn't pass up getting the bundle for $30 off!

[quote name='Chitown021']Same here. I was going to wait for the black one but I couldn't pass up getting the bundle for $30 off![/QUOTE]
That was my logic, unfortunately I have had a stuck pixel on each of my two that I have gotten so far-going to try one last exchange tomorrow.

[quote name='Rincewind']That was my logic, unfortunately I have had a stuck pixel on each of my two that I have gotten so far-going to try one last exchange tomorrow.[/quote]

That's what I'm afraid of. I haven't opened mine yet but I hope the screen on it is in good shape.

[quote name='Chitown021']That's what I'm afraid of. I haven't opened mine yet but I hope the screen on it is in good shape.[/quote]

I lucked out it seems - my screen is dead pixel and dust free.

They let me exchange without issue, but this one is even worse... instead of a stuck pixel, it has a dead pixel, and in an even MORE obvious place.

Jeez, Sony, get some QC. :roll:

[quote name='takotchi']They let me exchange without issue, but this one is even worse... instead of a stuck pixel, it has a dead pixel, and in an even MORE obvious place.

Jeez, Sony, get some QC. :roll:[/quote]

Dead pixels are an unavoidable flaw in the LCD manufacturing process. Its not Sony's fault. If by QC you mean having someone turn on every PSP that comes off the line and anaylze all the pixels, then....that'd be quite a consumer convenience.

Just an FYI: PM worked at the Circuit City in Peekskill, NY.

Also: the PSP-2000 is fantastic--it's everything that the original model should've been, especially in terms of how responsive the new d-pad is!

[quote name='VWarrior']Dead pixels are an unavoidable flaw in the LCD manufacturing process. Its not Sony's fault. If by QC you mean having someone turn on every PSP that comes off the line and anaylze all the pixels, then....that'd be quite a consumer convenience.[/quote]

Bologna. It's not unavoidable. I have plenty of things with perfect LCD screens.

The way I see it, if we don't send these kind of flawed products back, they'll just walk all over us. Either that or instruct stores not to take them back... yeah, that's probably more likely. :bomb:

For those who saved the printout on your PC. You can rename the Footer with real URL by using the Google or Yahoo URL or direct URL from any internet browser that you have and print this out to make it look legit! So try not to show your personal directory under your footer. I even show my real account name instead of Guest. Thats will help Target to hornored your pricematch. I don't want to show the Google or Yahoo cache banner, cuz what if they know before backing up the price.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']For those who saved the printout on your PC. You can rename the Footer with real URL by using the Google or Yahoo URL or direct URL from any internet browser that you have and print this out to make it look legit! So try not to show your personal directory under your footer. I even show my real account name instead of Guest. Thats will help Target to hornored your pricematch. I don't want to show the Google or Yahoo cache banner, cuz what if they know before backing up the price.[/quote]

You can also use a program like SnagIt (which has a free 30-day trial version) to crop out the Yahoo cache banner.

BTW -- I was able to PM without any problems at the new Best Buy in Baldwin, NY.

[quote name='FrankTheFrowner']You can also use a program like SnagIt (which has a free 30-day trial version) to crop out the Yahoo cache banner.

BTW -- I was able to PM without any problems at the new Best Buy in Baldwin, NY.[/quote]
I am a cheapo.

However, it is sad to see you guys sacrifice your ethics for what...$16 (including tax). Prices are dynamic and change with the wind. This is like taking a price tag from an item, slapping it on another, and taking it to the register.

Do what you will.

Third time was the charm. Perfect screen, finally. Let's hope it stays that way.

While I was there, I tried Target, CC, and Toys-R-Us. None of them had the cables everybody seems to be looking for. Ohhh well... Amazon is cheaper anyway.

[quote name='briandadude']I am a cheapo.

However, it is sad to see you guys sacrifice your ethics for what...$16 (including tax). Prices are dynamic and change with the wind. This is like taking a price tag from an item, slapping it on another, and taking it to the register.

Do what you will.[/quote]

I used a printout that wasn't a cached version -- it's the one I printed when the Target.com price was live at $169.

That being said, if a multi-billion dollar corporation hires help that is too lazy to actually follow the correct corporate procedure (checking the competitor's price) -- they deserve whatever financial losses they have to take.

And your analogy is flawed too.

Tried Circuit City yesterday...no go on the pricematch, the lady called the nearest Target to see if they had it in stock and they did not.

Round 2...tried the same Circuit City today, had much more helpful employees. I took my PSP bundle, J'eanne D'arc, Parappa, and a 1 year Gamers Savings Club membership up to the front. They adjusted the price of the PSP bundle, took my $40 off $200 coupon, gave me the membership for free, and took $15 off of one of the PSP games. My total was $174.97...about $185 after tax. Very nice score for the bundle, 2 games, and a 1 year membership to the Circuit Shitty game club. :)

[quote name='FrankTheFrowner']I used a printout that wasn't a cached version -- it's the one I printed when the Target.com price was live at $169.

That being said, if a multi-billion dollar corporation hires help that is too lazy to actually follow the correct corporate procedure (checking the competitor's price) -- they deserve whatever financial losses they have to take.

And your analogy is flawed too.[/quote]
I find no fault with those who purchased when the $169 price was live.

How much a company makes is irrevelant.

Basically you are saying it's OK as long as you get away with it.

[quote name='briandadude']I find no fault with those who purchased when the $169 price was live.

How much a company makes is irrevelant.

Basically you are saying it's OK as long as you get away with it.[/quote]

Save your ethics lecture for yourself; I'm sure you didn't do anything unethic in your entire life. If you want to open the can of worm called "corporate ethics", we can go on and on about it for years. You wanna find out what's in your foods for a starter?

bread's done
Back