Ice Silver PSP Slim Daxter Bundle $169.99 Target B&M or PM-Available NOW!

Nephilim

CAGiversary!
Feedback
91 (100%)
Edit 5: Courtesy of Birakon, here is a screen grab.
Screen Grab

Edit 4: Thanks to jnirvana292, here is a Yahoo cache version.

Edit 3: Target.com has changed the price, and my Google Cache page is gone.
If someone has a screenshot, post it and I will ad it.

Edit 2: Target has removed the item or changed the price. You can now use the Google Cached version for your printout and price match.

Edit 1:

Some Target, Walmart and Best Buy stores are reported to have these in stock and available for sale right now. There is a Sony Press Release stating that.

CAG's are also reporting that Target, Walmart and Best Buy stores have been price matching the webpage printout from the Target.com site.

Also, here is the google cached version in case Target.com changes the price.

End Edit:

Target.com has this bundle listed for $169.99 In Store Only not available online.

PSP Slim Daxter bundle

So I guess you could print this out if they raise the price in store and see if they or another retailer would match it. Strange that they would discount this new bundle by $30.

This bundle is being released on Sept 10th and should be in stores after that.
It includes:
• Gaming System includes 1Gb Memory Stick, AC Adapter, PlayStation Portable System, Power Cord, Battery Pack
• Games included are Game: Daxter™ Video:Family Guy™ The Freakin 'Sweet Collection
• Features Slim, Lightweight Design

new_psp_daxter.jpg

[quote name='fullhavok']If anyone finds any in South FL...PLEASE let me know.

Thanks in advance !!!!![/quote]They were in stock in Cape Coral at Target, but you're in Miami, so that probably doesn't help.

[quote name='Rocko']They were in stock in Cape Coral at Target, but you're in Miami, so that probably doesn't help.[/QUOTE]

Thanks anyway.

i've called a few walmarts,Targets & even a Best Buy, the guy @ BB souned like they had them, but he said they wont be on the floor till the 10th. that blows!!!

I'm still on the look out!!

My local Best Buy checked their computer (I watched them do it) and they hadn't received the delivery yet. They claim it isn't supposed to be available until the 9th. Went to Target after that and they said their shipment wasn't in yet either.

They could have been lying but I was kind of glad I could save the cash.

Then I found my Circuit City $40 off $200 coupon and decided I'd give it a shot there. Going to grab Jeanne D'Arc and try to get the pricematch + game - $40.

Good luck to the rest of you looking...

[quote name='fullhavok']Thanks anyway.

i've called a few walmarts,Targets & even a Best Buy, the guy @ BB souned like they had them, but he said they wont be on the floor till the 10th. that blows!!!

I'm still on the look out!![/QUOTE]

Best Buy's clueless. They aren't street dated. Between stores hording Wiis for weekly ads and this, I'll be glad when more big stores are driven out of business by the internet.

just think of it this way, if you are at home, you play on your big tv, when going out, you are driving going to where ever you need to go/eat/do... etc.
so psp is really a was of money... as a CAG member, i only do what is best for a gamer, system is ok, game and movie not so ok, so just wait and the psp slim will sell on its own and cheaper later this year...

besides, my ds lite ends up gathering dust already...

[quote name='ogbaka']just think of it this way, if you are at home, you play on your big tv, when going out, you are driving going to where ever you need to go/eat/do... etc.
so psp is really a was of money... as a CAG member, i only do what is best for a gamer, system is ok, game and movie not so ok, so just wait and the psp slim will sell on its own and cheaper later this year...

besides, my ds lite ends up gathering dust already...[/quote]
Did you ever consider the fact that you just aren't the type of person handheld games are made for? Just because they don't suit you doesn't mean they're pointless.

[quote name='ptaaty']Thanks for that. Silver is now completely off my list.

I can't believe how bad that looks...I thought silver was more like the GBA or older DS silver.[/quote]

Picture of mine. It definitely isn't sparkly like that.

[quote name='ogbaka']just think of it this way, if you are at home, you play on your big tv, when going out, you are driving going to where ever you need to go/eat/do... etc.

besides, my ds lite ends up gathering dust already...[/quote]

C'mon man. At least TRY to keep the thread on track. People are contributing to this thread who want the PSP now and this is pretty much the best deal you can get. They don't want to wait until later otherwise they wouldn't be posting.

I saw 2 behind glass in the BB in Secaucus, NJ. Priced at the advertised $199. I did not buy or ask about PM, as I am very happy with my near-release 1001 unit.

Although I will admit that this is the ONLY bundle that interests me at all.

Got this price matched at circuit city without any problems, cept the manager didn't even know that they had it in stock until I showed it to him in the display case. Of course 2hrs into playing a dead pixel shows up, I swear that dead pixel wasn't there before... but exchange was hassle free(first time anyway, I've had up to 3 exchanges on a ds with another retailer, but they weren't willing to exchange it again after that)

[quote name='Rincewind']Does anyone know when the piano black by itself is slated for release? I am not sure I like this sparkly silver one.[/quote]

That would be September 16th, I believe

[quote name='pheezie']I just tried walmart in Greenwood In. and the casher in elec. was going to do it but there register system asks for a CSM when there is a price ajustment over a certian dollar value . The CSM said that they do not price match stuff online and I told her and showed her that the printout states that it was store only with no luck. I'm sure if I really try I can get one of the many walmarts in Indianapolis to do it, but starting to rethink rather having a black one instead.[/QUOTE]

i work at wal mart, i have price matched many things for customers, not only are we trained to take a customers word for it on a price match (meaning we don't even need to bring in an ad) we don't need approval for a price match, unless its......i think its a 50 dollar difference, never had that big of a difference during a price match but that's what i know.

anyway, im in marion IN, never been to the greenwood location but it sounds like they have no clue what they're doing.

[quote name='Birakon']i work at wal mart, i have price matched many things for customers, not only are we trained to take a customers word for it on a price match (meaning we don't even need to bring in an ad) we don't need approval for a price match, unless its......i think its a 50 dollar difference, never had that big of a difference during a price match but that's what i know.

anyway, im in marion IN, never been to the greenwood location but it sounds like they have no clue what they're doing.[/quote]

So if someone comes in and says "Hey, the DS is $30 cheaper at Best Buy" you just give it to them?

has anyone got theres in NYC?...if yes, where and how?

i check the target in the bronx, & some guy say they dont have it but he seems clueless

[quote name='Birakon']i work at wal mart, i have price matched many things for customers, not only are we trained to take a customers word for it on a price match (meaning we don't even need to bring in an ad) we don't need approval for a price match, unless its......i think its a 50 dollar difference, never had that big of a difference during a price match but that's what i know.

anyway, im in marion IN, never been to the greenwood location but it sounds like they have no clue what they're doing.[/quote]

I know the cashier didn't know how to do a price adjustment she yelled at another lady and that lady said something about code or function 4 on the register was how to price adjust the screen went to waiting for CSM. the CSM was some moody pregnent lady so I new I would not win a argument.

I tried 2 Targets today with no success.

I'm not sweatin' it too much though because that paint job really is pretty poor. The champage gold psp paint was much nicer.

Glad they put that window in the front of the Daxter Pack so I could see the actual unit in there.

Has Sony announced an actual date for the Piano Black PSP-2000 model yet? I imagine they will try to sell through as many black PSP-1000s as they can first.

My copy of Monster Hunter 2 is just beggin' to be played...

I was able to PM at Circuit City with a printout of the webpage, no problem. I got the last one.

This was in Vegas, at the Maryland Pkwy location.

Anyone buy one from SoCal area like O.C.? Can't seem to find a store that has them when I call in.. but possibly they could have it in the back..

Called the BB in Rogers (Mpls area) and they said they had 8 in stock. Drove all the way out there and was told they couldnt sell them unitl the 16th (?!). I argued with them, showed them that Amazon was shipping them, showed them several forums where people were buying them - no joy. Checked the Target next door, as well as the Gamestop. Same tune. Might just have to wait for the Star Wars bundle as I know I like that game, and the tacky silk screen looks like it can be removed by replacing the cover. Not a big deal if not anyhow, as I know I will buy the SW game, and it's retail is $40 - so a $10 savings.

i just got back from the Circuit City at Tustin Marketplace and was able to PM without any real problem. Although the cashier looked at the ad for a good minute or so. I could see 1 more in the display case.

[quote name='pheezie']I know the cashier didn't know how to do a price adjustment she yelled at another lady and that lady said something about code or function 4 on the register was how to price adjust the screen went to waiting for CSM. the CSM was some moody pregnent lady so I new I would not win a argument.[/QUOTE]

its action code 3 i beleive, i don't use it very often.

i've never had to have a CSM approve a price match though.

CSM's generally are bitches though.

couple more pics to show that the silver isn't really the demasculinizing gem some of you are making it out to be.

Things I like about it are that I can see that the dpad/buttons are see through (it was pretty hard to tell with the black in most pictures I found, leading me to wonder if the buttons were really clear at all...until I found side shots), and that the center strip around the system is a gunmetal color.

Things that bother me even though I don't think they should. The UMD hatch on the left side (the other side from the opening notch) doesn't quite sit flush with the rest of the system. It's very very very very slight, but it's definitely not as "closed" as the notch side is. Buttons are a little noisier than I thought they'd be. Still not very noisy, but it is *slightly* noisier than my DSLite. The battery cover was kinda hard to take off at first.

Things that are....different for me. The placement of the buttons and d-pad and stuff somehow feels a little cramped to me compared to my DS Lite. Probably cuz of the rounded edges at the bottom that makes the system more shallow to feel in the hands, unlike the DS Lite which goes straight down, and basically I can rest the corners of the system in my palms.

Things I think they should have done. Make it a brushed aluminum material! The silver, and in japan the three extra colors (purple, blue, pink) would just be crazy good looking if the casing had a brushed aluminum finish to it. It would also feel great holding it, though it would probably add to the weight.

Things that i never knew about the system. It's just about the exact same height and thickness as the DS Lite (when closed).

Oh yea...I went to look for some games at the Target in Newpark Mall, and didn't see any of the PSPs there. I don't know if the Fremont Hub Target still has any left. Just letting people know.

[quote name='FallinAce']has anyone got theres in NYC?...if yes, where and how?

i check the target in the bronx, & some guy say they dont have it but he seems clueless[/quote]
I got mine at the Best Buy in Elmhurst, Queens. The Target store which was right across from Best Buy in the mall did not have them. And the Best Buy by 23rd and 6th did not have them either.

Your best bet is to enter your zip code in the store locator for Best Buy and Target stores and call them up.

The Best Buy at Elmhurst price matched the Daxter PSP Bundle without any problems. There was only one more system on the shelf but they prolly have a lot more in stock in their inventory room.

Daxter just comes in some cardboard thing? Lame! I guess I should've expected that, though...

I'm really tempted to pick this up... But I dunno.

[quote name='imascrub']

couple more pics to show that the silver isn't really the demasculinizing gem some of you are making it out to be....[/QUOTE]

Gives us the lowdown on the TV out and how it looks on screen.

[quote name='valor19']Thanks for the pics, imascrub. I'm really thinking about waiting for the white Star Wars one. Hmmm...[/QUOTE]

Yea, I want to see the silver PSP in person first, otherwise I'll just get the white PSP. However, I'm not a Star Wars fan, and I hope that bundle comes with a generic white PSP battery cover instead of the one with Darth Vader's face on it.

[quote name='opportunity777']Gives us the lowdown on the TV out and how it looks on screen.[/quote]

sorry, no cables no tv out lol
I haven't seen the cables in any stores yet

[quote name='opportunity777']Gives us the lowdown on the TV out and how it looks on screen.[/QUOTE]

I don't think the AV Component Cables (or any other access. for that matter) have been released, yet. I forecast a later arrival, proably when the Piano Black Core version comes out in late Sept. None of the ads for next week has either product listed.

[quote name='EwaAzn']Anyone buy one from SoCal area like O.C.? Can't seem to find a store that has them when I call in.. but possibly they could have it in the back..[/quote]

Best Buy in Costa Mesa has 'em. (The South Coast Plaza one.) You'll have to ask them to grab one from the back, though.

[quote name='vulcan300']Did they had problems 'bout the printout? I tried my local CC, but they said they need an actual Sunday ad or some advertisement in print form of the deal. Personally, the people at my local CCs are jerks.[/QUOTE]
No, for me they didn't. But to be fair, the girl said "We really don't PM online deals," (which this really wasn't, BTW) "but it took me so long to find (the on-sale game Socom Fire Team Bravo 2), that I'll do this for you". I guess it would be YMMV.

I wound up picking one up at the Target in Fresno CA (River Park location). When getting the system out of the case, I broke out the ad & asked the associates to check what the price was. They confirmed a $199 price. I then brought up the fact that the website stated that the price was only good in the store & that I would have bought one online if I was able.

After around 15 minutes, I did get the call back for price match to the $169 price. I don't know how many more they will allow though as the price associate thinks it was probably a pricing mistake on the website (which I didn't argue...why place a new system on sale for $30 less than MSRP)

[quote name='imascrub']sorry, no cables no tv out lol
I haven't seen the cables in any stores yet[/QUOTE]

[quote name='FatBoyInside']I don't think the AV Component Cables (or any other access. for that matter) have been released, yet. I forecast a later arrival, proably when the Piano Black Core version comes out in late Sept. None of the ads for next week has either product listed.[/QUOTE]

WTF? No cables included? That sucks :)

What type of cable do you think would fit in there? Does it look standard or specialized? Does the manual read what type of outputs the PSP supports?

it's a special plug made for the PSP
I didn't read the manual so I don't know exactly what kinds of formats, but I think there are video/written previews/impressions of stuff like that on I think joystiq or kotaku or something and ign.

From what I remember though it can support both 4:3 and 16:9 display, as well as display 480i and p. Games are only supported through the component cables, whereas Movies and everything else can be output through composite/s-video along with component.

[quote name='imascrub']it's a special plug made for the PSP
I didn't read the manual so I don't know exactly what kinds of formats, but I think there are video/written previews/impressions of stuff like that on I think joystiq or kotaku or something and ign.

From what I remember though it can support both 4:3 and 16:9 display, as well as display 480i and p. Games are only supported through the component cables, whereas Movies and everything else can be output through composite/s-video along with component.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the insight! The TV output is important to me because I get too much eyestrain after playing for a couple of hours.

[quote name='Birakon']its action code 3 i beleive, i don't use it very often.

i've never had to have a CSM approve a price match though.

CSM's generally are bitches though.[/quote]

I tried the Franklin In. store and was able to price match there the lady in elec. there said that because it was over 10$ she would have to get approval the asst mgr. just happened to walk by and said it was ok she started to ring me out and was complaning about new registers that she wasn't used to she still had to call he asst mgr to override the PM and because he was new he didn't know how to and still had to call a CSM to train the asst mgr. Then my gift card would not go thru. Took about 25 mins but aleast I got one at a good price.

[quote name='opportunity777']WTF? No cables included? That sucks :)[/QUOTE]

Oh, and I suppose next you'll be wanting component cables included with your $500 PS3 as well. Some people. . .

[quote name='leungw']Looks like Target pulled the listing from their website.[/QUOTE]
I still have the page up on my laptop.

Maybe I should take a screenshot of it.

Has anyone tested the thick older battery or stamina battery on their opened PSP slim? Do you really need to buy a new backcover, or can you rubberband it or something? Kinda iffy, I know...

[quote name='FatBoyInside']Has anyone tested the thick older battery or stamina battery on their opened PSP slim? Do you really need to buy a new backcover, or can you rubberband it or something? Kinda iffy, I know...[/quote]

Judging by the video I saw, the PSP must be smacked pretty hard to get the old battery out of the new PSP. The man couldnt get it out by prying. He had to hit the unit against his palm pretty hard to get it out. I think I saw it on a pandora battery vid. Do a search for pandora and psp slim.

bread's done
Back