Ice Silver PSP Slim Daxter Bundle $169.99 Target B&M or PM-Available NOW!

Nephilim

CAGiversary!
Feedback
91 (100%)
Edit 5: Courtesy of Birakon, here is a screen grab.
Screen Grab

Edit 4: Thanks to jnirvana292, here is a Yahoo cache version.

Edit 3: Target.com has changed the price, and my Google Cache page is gone.
If someone has a screenshot, post it and I will ad it.

Edit 2: Target has removed the item or changed the price. You can now use the Google Cached version for your printout and price match.

Edit 1:

Some Target, Walmart and Best Buy stores are reported to have these in stock and available for sale right now. There is a Sony Press Release stating that.

CAG's are also reporting that Target, Walmart and Best Buy stores have been price matching the webpage printout from the Target.com site.

Also, here is the google cached version in case Target.com changes the price.

End Edit:

Target.com has this bundle listed for $169.99 In Store Only not available online.

PSP Slim Daxter bundle

So I guess you could print this out if they raise the price in store and see if they or another retailer would match it. Strange that they would discount this new bundle by $30.

This bundle is being released on Sept 10th and should be in stores after that.
It includes:
• Gaming System includes 1Gb Memory Stick, AC Adapter, PlayStation Portable System, Power Cord, Battery Pack
• Games included are Game: Daxter™ Video:Family Guy™ The Freakin 'Sweet Collection
• Features Slim, Lightweight Design

new_psp_daxter.jpg

the thing with glitches is you gotta jump fast

They just started being spotted today (?) by chance and the people who saw them just so happened to frequent CAG and/or SD. The employees are probably clueless about this at this point. I know mine was. Give it a few more days till other retail outlets start getting them and you will see this back at full price for sure.

After driving away from target, I was thinking I should have tried to get this at BB (do they even pricematch vs online sites?) so I could accrue some reward zone points, but then I remembered last time I went to get a pricematch they called the store and asked for stock and price, so I figured it's probably just best to get it from the source.

im gonna head out there friday, if they have it for $169.99 it looks like im gonna be jumping on a psp, but if its 199.99, ill pass.

My Target won't price match their own website. That's pretty surprising... Does that count as false advertising, I wonder? (They're selling it for 199.99)

I was tempted to jump on this deal, but I'd rather wait for the Star Wars one.

Besides, God of War isn't due out until next year. There might be a price drop by then. Look at the iPhone!

[quote name='killjoy188']My Target won't price match their own website. That's pretty surprising... Does that count as false advertising, I wonder? (They're selling it for 199.99)[/quote]

Under normal circumstances, no. Since many sites consider their website a seperate thing.

However, when it says "In-Store Only" probably, but really who's going to do anything about it

I tried to call my Best Buy, no luck at the Waterford Lakes one in Orlando. Wal-mart on Colonial, either. If anyone finds any place that will price match to the website in Orlando, let me know please, thanks!

[quote name='MrDubbs']Under normal circumstances, no. Since many sites consider their website a seperate thing.

However, when it says "In-Store Only" probably, but really who's going to do anything about it[/quote]

I'd think advertising that price as an in-store deal counts as false advertising. Purely from a logical standpoint, it is false advertising. How the law sees it may be a different story. But like you said, who's gonna challenge them?

[quote name='VWarrior']I'd think advertising that price as an in-store deal counts as false advertising. Purely from a logical standpoint, it is false advertising. How the law sees it may be a different story. But like you said, who's gonna challenge them?[/quote]There's been plenty of times I've gotten something for cheap because it was on the wrong shelf or had the wrong price, and all I had to do was say nicely, "You know, if you don't honor your price it's false advertising..." I was hoping for something like that with this deal, but the employee hung up becfore I could try that line. Oh well. When Walmart gets it in, I bet they'll price match if the website doesn't get updated.

That's the tackiest color I've ever seen on anything costing more than $100.

"We're getting killed by the DS. What should we do to turn it around?"

"One word: glitter."

I'm back...

Best Buy in Auburn Hills has them. They aren't displayed...you need to ask for one. The associate walked it up for me and I gave the Target printout to the cashier. She price matched it for me, no problem.

If you really want one, I'd call around today...sooner or later they'll get tired of matching.

The most amusing part about this though is that with CA sales tax and CA traffic it's more worth it for me to order this from Amazon w/ amazon prime rather than waste the time/money driving and paying the large sales tax. At most I'd end up saving $15 only not counting the time wasted and the chance of the deal getting rejected.

[quote name='sithspawn']I'm back...

Best Buy in Auburn Hills has them. They aren't displayed...you need to ask for one. The associate walked it up for me and I gave the Target printout to the cashier. She price matched it for me, no problem.

If you really want one, I'd call around today...sooner or later they'll get tired of matching.[/QUOTE]

I've gotten Best Buy to pricematch a Target website print out too (Xbox Live Camera + 12 months live + headset $40). It's YMMV since the manager didn't even look at it and just approved it for the cashier.

The Black Slim is only available as stand-alone for $169. Silver and White (Star Wars - not available until Oct. by the way) are $199.

My local Target has the Silver bundle, but they are checking with management to see if they can sell it since their computers have a sell date for the 16th. I'm taking the Sony press release with me during my lunch break and I'mg gonna try to get one. Wish me luck!

I went by the local Target in Columbia, MD, and they had a stack of Daxter PSP bundles. I took one pack with a printout of the online ad, and after a few minutes of head scratching and phone calls, they sold it to me for $170 without much of a fight. :D

i am going to wait until they come out with a real fucking psp system sequel. None of this barely lighter and thiner shit. Sort of like these 6G ipods instead of the 5.5. This is like a 1.5 psp.

Also if you have one and are thinking about ugprading. don't bother. Waste of money. This has very few advantages over the old one.

[quote name='Ed_']I went by my local Target and they had quite a few in stock, however they were priced at $219.99!!! WTF???!!![/QUOTE]

Can I borrow some of those extra question marks and exclamation points? Thanks.

Anyways, I called Target last night and I was told something similar, then the employee said something along the lines of that 219 was the SKU or something.

Printed out the target.com ad and brought it in to the Glen Burnie, Maryland store. Took about 10 minutes of employees debating, but they did it.

No go in my area. I checked Target, BB, and CC none of them had it in stock. Isn't the bundle supposed to appear in the ads this weekend? If so I wonder if some of the stores are holding them back for it.

Thought about it all morning, but I just don't like the silver enough to warrant letting go of my black launch unit. Hmm. Second guessing once again, but still the silver is fugly.

[quote name='msuna']i am going to wait until they come out with a real fucking psp system sequel. None of this barely lighter and thiner shit. Sort of like these 6G ipods instead of the 5.5. This is like a 1.5 psp.

Also if you have one and are thinking about ugprading. don't bother. Waste of money. This has very few advantages over the old one.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, esp since custom firmware isn't available on this one for homebrew.

The main pull for this would be the TV-out so you can play your games on tv when yer home.

[quote name='Chitown021']Isn't the bundle supposed to appear in the ads this weekend? If so I wonder if some of the stores are holding them back for it.[/quote]

That's what my Target is doing. :bomb:

[quote name='msuna']i am going to wait until they come out with a real fucking psp system sequel. None of this barely lighter and thiner shit. Sort of like these 6G ipods instead of the 5.5. This is like a 1.5 psp.

Also if you have one and are thinking about ugprading. don't bother. Waste of money. This has very few advantages over the old one.[/QUOTE]

How this is a deal, I have no fucking clue. Way to not properly use CAG.

[quote name='lurknomore']Thought about it all morning, but I just don't like the silver enough to warrant letting go of my black launch unit. Hmm. Second guessing once again, but still the silver is fugly.[/quote]

Yeah, I've felt iffy about the Silver as well. As a matter of fact, I saw someone on a bus playing with a Silver one, and after seeing how it actually looks in real life....uhh...i'm beginning to rethink the $30 discount justification I was set on. And judging from the limited success people have been having actually getting one for that price, I think i'll just wait and get a Piano Black one. The Silver one really doesn't look all that good to me.

Wrong forum. Your personal opinion does not change the fact that getting the bundle for 169.99 rather than 199.99 is a good deal.

Those of you who saw it for $219.99 at Target, did you have it scanned? The shelf price at my Target was $219.99 but it rang up $199.99.

Gamestops here dont have it yet. One target and one bestbuy I went to did, but think they cannot sell it until the 9th...how are they so out of the loop?

Went to four Targets. First one would price match after a little hassle. The problem is I needed two and they would only sell me one since they only received four. The other three refused to PM no matter what I said or did. Definately YMMV.

[quote name='VWarrior']I think i'll just wait and get a Piano Black one. The Silver one really doesn't look all that good to me.[/QUOTE]

I'm with you on this.

Does anyone know when the black ones will be out?

[quote name='VWarrior']Yeah, I've felt iffy about the Silver as well. As a matter of fact, I saw someone on a bus playing with a Silver one, and after seeing how it actually looks in real life....uhh...i'm beginning to rethink the $30 discount justification I was set on. And judging from the limited success people have been having actually getting one for that price, I think i'll just wait and get a Piano Black one. The Silver one really doesn't look all that good to me.[/quote]

I hear you...I didn't want the silver one either. However, now that I have it...it's actually nice. I like the grayish buttons and unlike black, it shows no finger smudges. If you are dead-set against it I understand...but I'd at least go take a look.

I cant find component cables for this thing anywhere except pre-order import from japan. Anyone have any luck with tv-out cables?

Got mine at CC today. At first they said they couldn't sell it; that it wasn't in their system yet. Then a little later they tracked me down in the store and said they could, putting them out at the CS station as well. They PMed without a problem, making it $166. I got Socom Fire Team Bravo 2 for $13.99 since I was there anyway. I like the silver one and this way I can sell my previous copy of Daxter to recoup a few more bucks. An extra 1 GB card is always welcome as well.

shit rely temted tom buy one man o and does anyone kno mif u can hack the firmware yet if u can en i would defitnetly buy one

[quote name='bobthecat23']shit rely temted tom buy one man o and does anyone kno mif u can hack the firmware yet if u can en i would defitnetly buy one[/QUOTE]

...I hope you're either on drugs or retarded.

Got a price-match no problem at the South Coast Plaza Best Buy in Costa Mesa, CA. You'll have to ask them to retrieve a bundle from the warehouse, though, since they're not out on the floor yet.

Thanks for the heads-up!

[quote name='Decker']Got mine at CC today. At first they said they couldn't sell it; that it wasn't in their system yet. Then a little later they tracked me down in the store and said they could, putting them out at the CS station as well. They PMed without a problem, making it $166. I got Socom Fire Team Bravo 2 for $13.99 since I was there anyway. I like the silver one and this way I can sell my previous copy of Daxter to recoup a few more bucks. An extra 1 GB card is always welcome as well.[/QUOTE]

Did they had problems 'bout the printout? I tried my local CC, but they said they need an actual Sunday ad or some advertisement in print form of the deal. Personally, the people at my local CCs are jerks.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']...I hope you're either on drugs or retarded.[/QUOTE]

Quoted for absolute truth. It seems that some people actively *try* to be stupid and/or useless.

just bought one from walmart on 15 and crooks in troy, michigan. no price match. may be able to get a price adjustment if target prints that in their circular next week (yeah right). if not i'll probably return it and buy it somewhere else later. had 3 units left as of 6pm 09-06-07.

edit: i don't know if anyone else thought sony might actually do something completely right for once, but you're wrong just as i was. video out cable sold separately.

I just tried walmart in Greenwood In. and the casher in elec. was going to do it but there register system asks for a CSM when there is a price ajustment over a certian dollar value . The CSM said that they do not price match stuff online and I told her and showed her that the printout states that it was store only with no luck. I'm sure if I really try I can get one of the many walmarts in Indianapolis to do it, but starting to rethink rather having a black one instead.

Here's what I was thinking and might wind up having to try (assuming the Target PM fails)... (mods - Let me know if this is totally immoral and I'll gladly delete it. However, it seems less shady than many schemes I hear about)

Buy the Silver bundle at Walmart A for 199.99

Keep it sealed and take it to Walmart B the next day along with a printed copy of the Target.com page.

Ask Walmart B if they can refund you the $30 difference because you found a better price at Target. If they can't, you then have the option of returning the whole bundle (assuming you kept it sealed) or just keeping it for $199.

I'm hoping for no hassles with the PM but I'm not super-confident. If I can't get the silver bundle at 169.99, I'll probably just wait until the Star Wars one comes out.

Just got mine for about $180 after tax at Best Buy. Make sure to call your Target/Bestbuy stores first to see if they are in stock.

bread's done
Back