Ice Silver PSP Slim Daxter Bundle $169.99 Target B&M or PM-Available NOW!

Nephilim

CAGiversary!
Feedback
91 (100%)
Edit 5: Courtesy of Birakon, here is a screen grab.
Screen Grab

Edit 4: Thanks to jnirvana292, here is a Yahoo cache version.

Edit 3: Target.com has changed the price, and my Google Cache page is gone.
If someone has a screenshot, post it and I will ad it.

Edit 2: Target has removed the item or changed the price. You can now use the Google Cached version for your printout and price match.

Edit 1:

Some Target, Walmart and Best Buy stores are reported to have these in stock and available for sale right now. There is a Sony Press Release stating that.

CAG's are also reporting that Target, Walmart and Best Buy stores have been price matching the webpage printout from the Target.com site.

Also, here is the google cached version in case Target.com changes the price.

End Edit:

Target.com has this bundle listed for $169.99 In Store Only not available online.

PSP Slim Daxter bundle

So I guess you could print this out if they raise the price in store and see if they or another retailer would match it. Strange that they would discount this new bundle by $30.

This bundle is being released on Sept 10th and should be in stores after that.
It includes:
• Gaming System includes 1Gb Memory Stick, AC Adapter, PlayStation Portable System, Power Cord, Battery Pack
• Games included are Game: Daxter™ Video:Family Guy™ The Freakin 'Sweet Collection
• Features Slim, Lightweight Design

new_psp_daxter.jpg

[quote name='Rincewind']It says game consoles, but people have been reporting for at least 6 months that they have been able to get it to work on handhelds by arguing they do not fall under the console umbrella.[/quote]

Definitely YMMV then. I bet as soon as the clerk asks the manager you'll most likely get shot down. =/

For anybody in the Bristol CT area if you take the print out of the web page to Wal-Mart they will price match it for you (I convinced my friend who didn't have one to pick it up, so we know first hand.)

just got back from my walmart at burke, nova, and they have bunch of new psp slim bundle on display. I asked the guy and he said they're readily available for sale. Would bite if I didn't have one, forgot to ask and see if they pm target!

Just called my Target (fyi it says not in stock there but the stock check lies...), and they said they have it and aren't allowed to sell it until September 16. W...T...F.

Tried to PM it, they would not do it. I tried hard, but I think this is a no-go. I just bought it for $200.

Darn, you guys can it so early.. I doubt my Target has it... mightest well check, need supplies anyways...

Sounds like the best shot is to take the webpage to Wal-Mart and PM it there.

Edit: Take a PRINTOUT of the webpage and PM it... Man it would be hard to fit all those interweb tubes in your pocket ...

I just took a printout of the Target deal to the Best Buy in Rockville, MD. They honored the pricematch on the website on the Daxter deal, and they had 10-12 systems left.

Don't ask if you can pricematch it. Just give them the printout when you checkout and say "I'd like to pricematch this to Target." That's what worked for me.

[quote name='greenfox']I just took a printout of the Target deal to the Best Buy in Rockville, MD. They honored the pricematch on the website on the Daxter deal, and they had 10-12 systems left.

Don't ask if you can pricematch it. Just give them the printout when you checkout and say "I'd like to pricematch this to Target." That's what worked for me.[/quote]

Did they call Target to check stock?

[quote name='Ctl-Alt-l33t']Did they call Target to check stock?[/QUOTE]

No, which was fortunate, because the Target down the street does not have them.

I've price matched Target's web site at Best buy before. They were fairly easy about it compared to Target, who would not honor their own price.

[quote name='elwood731']I've price matched Target's web site at Best buy before. They were fairly easy about it compared to Target, who would not honor their own price.[/QUOTE]
It was fairly painless for me, but probably a bit YMMV. Honestly I never seem to get in on these deals, so I'm fairly pleased.

[quote name='Ctl-Alt-l33t']I'm gonna go for it after work. Hopefully Daxter is a decent game. I'm not a huge fan of 3d platformers but it might be fun for a bit.[/QUOTE]
So far it is fun, although if you don't like 3d platformers I'm not sure how much it will do for you. I doesn't seem to have all the racing challenges that Jak 3 had (which is good in my book, since I didn't think the racing was that well done), but I'm only ~1 hour into it, so we'll see.

[quote name='greenfox']It was fairly painless for me, but probably a bit YMMV. Honestly I never seem to get in on these deals, so I'm fairly pleased.

So far it is fun, although if you don't like 3d platformers I'm not sure how much it will do for you. I doesn't seem to have all the racing challenges that Jak 3 had (which is good in my book, since I didn't think the racing was that well done), but I'm only ~1 hour into it, so we'll see.[/QUOTE]

Man I used to live in Rockville and they never had anything early when I was there for 10 years! Now I am in California, and not a single store near here has it or will sell it. Bastards.

I wish they posted a picture of the bundle on the site, probably would make price matching easier on my part (though pricematching may be a hassle at Target, I still remember the DS price typo from the last holiday catalog). Hopefully I'll get my PSP before my Monster Hunter Freedom 2 arrives from buy.com.

[quote name='FallinAce']so..does anybody actually gotten the psp slim for $170 yet?
if so, where and how?[/QUOTE]

Ahh...
Read the first post?

Have any CAGs seen these puppies available in the Kansas City Metro area and/or been able to pull off a price match? I can't get out to check tonight but I will probably take a copy of the Target.com ad to either Wally World or Best Buy tomorrow evening.

Just wanted to point out that i saw this bundle readily available at an fye in queens, ny... in case anyone really needs one now badly

On my way home from work there is a Meijer, Best Buy, and Target. I stopped by all three on the way home with no luck. They seemed willing to PM, but none have these in stock. If you live within 30mi of Pontiac, MI don't bother looking at Target. I had them check them all.

I'm going to keep this printout on hand. When I do find one, I'm going to try hard to get the PM. Just because they didn't have them today doesn't mean they won't open boxes tonight or tomorrow.

...I'll keep you all posted when/if I get one.

Kind of a strange question, but those of you that managed to find one of these, do Daxter and Family Guy come in cases, or just sleeves? And is the silver finish like the original DS, or more like the DS Lite's glossy finish?

I've been thinking of getting a Slim, but this $169 has sealed the deal for me. I might PM it at Best Buy or Walmart and pick up Tales of the World while I'm at it.

woohoo...upon seeing the update in this thread i printed the target page out and headed over to the local Target in the fremont hub and was able to get the system for $169.99 with no problems. Just say "hey it says in stores right here" and hand them the printout. $184.xx out the door. Stupid tax :(
I don't want anymore credit cards than I already do so I skipped on the Target card with 10% off.

All I really did was check out Target, didn't go to the other stores, and the reps repeated that it wasn't out until next week.... so better luck tomorrow when I check everything out and try for the pricematch.

[quote name='majorscud']they come in little cardboard sleeves, no case[/quote]

That sucks!!! I was hoping to sell Daxter if I hated it... (But GS still accepts the games without cases, right??).

I really wish they sold a non-bundle PSP for like $140.:pray: I'd be all over that, since I really don't like the idea of a SILVER PSP... :fridge: just... not.... sexy... enough....

[quote name='iceblast21']That sucks!!! I was hoping to sell Daxter if I hated it... (But GS still accepts the games without cases, right??).

I really wish they sold a non-bundle PSP for like $140.:pray: I'd be all over that, since I really don't like the idea of a SILVER PSP... :fridge: just... not.... sexy... enough....[/quote]

Damn. I was originally going to wait until the $169.99 "piano black" unit came out because I didn't want the extras (would use the mem card and I like Family Guy but I could do w/o Daxter). This price error pretty much sealed the deal for me (if I can get it matched here). I was also hoping the Daxter was sealed so I could sell it and recoup a few bucks.

You guys are lucky to have Targets to do this price match business. Considering the Daxter pack is the same price as the standalone PSP, there's no reason to worry about Daxter being the pack-in game, whether it comes in it's own case or not, and whether Family Guy is a good show or not. At $169.99, you're basically getting all that at no extra charge--damn good deal if you ask me.

San Antonio here. I went to two Gamestops, a Walmart, Bestbuy and Target. None of them had the bundle or knew when they would get it.

[quote name='gunm']You guys are lucky to have Targets to do this price match business. Considering the Daxter pack is the same price as the standalone PSP, there's no reason to worry about Daxter being the pack-in game, whether it comes in it's own case or not, and whether Family Guy is a good show or not. At $169.99, you're basically getting all that at no extra charge--damn good deal if you ask me.[/quote]

Exactly why I'm going for it... I was going to wait but if I can get the bundle for the console only price why not? Only thing is I don't know yet if my stores have them.

I was able to get one of the new psp's also for 169.99 at target. Had the print-out with me. Although it rang up at 199.99 the guy did some checking and finally said "I'll deal with it later" modded the price, and was extremely nice and even said he was considering one at that price. Great deal for those of you who can get it I wasn't initially bowled over by the silver, but the mem card, and the other stuff make up for the value, and the silver does look really cool. I also hear that Gamestop is going to have these possible tomorrow or Friday "(likely tomorrow) but they will be 199

Have Fun
It 's a lot better re-do than I thought it would be

Now to find the video out cables (the main reason I bought it)

Johnny B

[quote name='Chitown021']Have any CAGs seen these puppies available in the Kansas City Metro area and/or been able to pull off a price match? I can't get out to check tonight but I will probably take a copy of the Target.com ad to either Wally World or Best Buy tomorrow evening.[/QUOTE]

Havent searched metro area but I scoured (walmart, bb and target)'s in olathe and OP and Gardner and found no love :(

Maybe tomorrow . . . .

[quote name='imascrub']woohoo...upon seeing the update in this thread i printed the target page out and headed over to the local Target in the fremont hub and was able to get the system for $169.99 with no problems. Just say "hey it says in stores right here" and hand them the printout. $184.xx out the door. Stupid tax :(
I don't want anymore credit cards than I already do so I skipped on the Target card with 10% off.[/QUOTE]
Fremont ehh? Thats 20 minutes away. Tempted. They have a lot?

[quote name='Rincewind']Fremont ehh? Thats 20 minutes away. Tempted. They have a lot?[/quote]

yea they had a number of them...I'd say about 10 or so. This is the one in the Fremont hub. I didn't go over to the one by Newpark Mall but I'm sure if one Target in the area got 'em, then the other one did too. The guy I got to ring mine up adjusted the price without a second thought after seeing the printout.

Confirmed via telephone call to the Fremont Hub, CA one. I just called them and they said they have 2+ things of them ( cases, I assume ). I am tempted to get up early and make the trip over there if no one has it in the morning. Very much worth it, in my eyes. The bundle is a great deal and the little lady will love having a new PSP.

[quote name='imascrub']yea they had a number of them...I'd say about 10 or so. This is the one in the Fremont hub. I didn't go over to the one by Newpark Mall but I'm sure if one Target in the area got 'em, then the other one did too. The guy I got to ring mine up adjusted the price without a second thought after seeing the printout.[/QUOTE]
I wonder if they are there if they will make it near San Jose sooner? The one in Sunnyvale said sunday morning-if anyone in SC/SJ knows of an area let me know, Fremont is a bit of a drive (21 miles) if I am not even sure I can get them to match the web price-but I am pretty sold on getting one now-my first handheld ever!

I went by my local Target and they had quite a few in stock, however they were priced at $219.99!!! WTF???!!!

[quote name='iceblast21']I'd be all over that, since I really don't like the idea of a SILVER PSP... :fridge: just... not.... sexy... enough....[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't the silver show smudges less? The black PSP looks like it's been in a dumpster for a decade after 5 minutes of playing....

[quote name='Rincewind']I wonder if they are there if they will make it near San Jose sooner? The one in Sunnyvale said sunday morning-if anyone in SC/SJ knows of an area let me know, Fremont is a bit of a drive (21 miles) if I am not even sure I can get them to match the web price-but I am pretty sold on getting one now-my first handheld ever![/QUOTE]

Your not gonna be getting the web price but just to let you know i've called every Gamestop, Frys, Bestbuy, Circuit City, FYE, Target, Walmart, Costco in the whole south bay area (Palo alto to Fremont) today. The Target in Fremont is the only place that has it in stock as of today.

Now tomorrow might be different. Bestbuy gets shipments in tomorrow but they dont know if they will be getting them in stock. Frys says Friday, and Circuit City says Sunday. Most Targets should have them by Friday cause thats when they get more shipments in.

Hope this helps

[quote name='bzchanboy']Your not gonna be getting the web price but just to let you know i've called every Gamestop, Frys, Bestbuy, Circuit City, FYE, Target, Walmart, Costco in the whole south bay area (Palo alto to Fremont) today. The Target in Fremont is the only place that has it in stock as of today.

Now tomorrow might be different. Bestbuy gets shipments in tomorrow but they dont know if they will be getting them in stock. Frys says Friday, and Circuit City says Sunday. Most Targets should have them by Friday cause thats when they get more shipments in.

Hope this helps[/QUOTE]
That helps me a lot bzchan, however, I dont understand why you think we won't get the price-imascrub got it in Fremont at that price (169.99), so I think we might have luck if we do it asap.

I never seem to be able to get in on deals so thats why i dont think we'll get it. But if we go early maybe just maybe we will. If no not big woop its still worth the money.

Oh sure agreed-I am going to try my 40 off 200 at the SC/SJ Circuit City's as well either way, I just want a PSP Slim NOW, lol :) Set my mind on it.

bread's done
Back