Ice Silver PSP Slim Daxter Bundle $169.99 Target B&M or PM-Available NOW!

Nephilim

CAGiversary!
Feedback
91 (100%)
Edit 5: Courtesy of Birakon, here is a screen grab.
Screen Grab

Edit 4: Thanks to jnirvana292, here is a Yahoo cache version.

Edit 3: Target.com has changed the price, and my Google Cache page is gone.
If someone has a screenshot, post it and I will ad it.

Edit 2: Target has removed the item or changed the price. You can now use the Google Cached version for your printout and price match.

Edit 1:

Some Target, Walmart and Best Buy stores are reported to have these in stock and available for sale right now. There is a Sony Press Release stating that.

CAG's are also reporting that Target, Walmart and Best Buy stores have been price matching the webpage printout from the Target.com site.

Also, here is the google cached version in case Target.com changes the price.

End Edit:

Target.com has this bundle listed for $169.99 In Store Only not available online.

PSP Slim Daxter bundle

So I guess you could print this out if they raise the price in store and see if they or another retailer would match it. Strange that they would discount this new bundle by $30.

This bundle is being released on Sept 10th and should be in stores after that.
It includes:
• Gaming System includes 1Gb Memory Stick, AC Adapter, PlayStation Portable System, Power Cord, Battery Pack
• Games included are Game: Daxter™ Video:Family Guy™ The Freakin 'Sweet Collection
• Features Slim, Lightweight Design

new_psp_daxter.jpg

[quote name='mywhitenoise']Whoa, what city was that found in? And when was it purchased? I just called up 3 Targets in Sacramento, CA, and none of them have it. I'm getting sick of all the delays.[/QUOTE]

Saw the piano blacks at Target in Glen Burnie MD. I wouldn't be surprised if some retailers were a bit slow to get these on the shelf in order to clear out the older style PSPs first...while the silver psps are new "style" due to the color (as well as being a short term bundle), the piano blacks are effectively the same type of item as the old style PSPs package, so retailers may look at the new piano blacks as something to put on the shelf when they sell out of the older style PSPs.

oh dammit! i waited too long :bomb:

i want a psp slim now...

does anyone still have the picture or print out of the page that says $169.99? the caches for the OP dont work anymore

and what are the chances of getting in on this deal, this late in the game?

[quote name='mywhitenoise']Whoa, what city was that found in? And when was it purchased? I just called up 3 Targets in Sacramento, CA, and none of them have it. I'm getting sick of all the delays.[/quote]
Yea, I called Best Buy, Target, Circuit City, and Walmart and so far all I got was "there are no black ones anymore, Sony remade the PSP and it only comes in silver, or, yea we got the new ones in, it comes with a game and a memory stick." :cry: This was after asking if they had the new Piano Black versions of the Slim PSP in stock. :bomb: Apparantly nobody here cares enough about the PSP to know anything about it.

[quote name='K_G']Saw the piano blacks at Target in Glen Burnie MD. I wouldn't be surprised if some retailers were a bit slow to get these on the shelf in order to clear out the older style PSPs first...while the silver psps are new "style" due to the color (as well as being a short term bundle), the piano blacks are effectively the same type of item as the old style PSPs package, so retailers may look at the new piano blacks as something to put on the shelf when they sell out of the older style PSPs.[/quote]
I was afraid something like that might happen, but yea, looks like tomorrow, when I take my far, far away trip (not too far, but pretty out in the city) to Costco, I'll be checking in on all of the stores I called earlier just in case I spot one. You see, I've gotten like 5 games (all acquired in the cheap ass tradition): Jeanne D'arc, The Warriors, Marvel Ultimate Alliance, Lumines II, and Metal Gear Acid 2, but no PSP. :cry:

[quote name='anarchyburger']oh dammit! i waited to long :bomb:

i want a psp slim now...

does anyone still have the picture or print out? the caches for the OP dont work anymore

and what are the chances of getting in on this deal, this late in the game?[/quote]just go to BB and look for the youngest CSR there ...that is how i did it

[quote name='zizo79']just go to BB and look for the youngest CSR there ...that is how i did it[/quote]but i still need a copy of the site where it said it was for $169.00 so i can take it to bestbuy and price match it

anyone still have it? the cache in OP doesnt work

[quote name='anarchyburger']but i still need a copy of the site where it said it was for $169.00 so i can take it to bestbuy and price match it

anyone still have it? the cache in OP doesnt work[/quote]wish i had it ..sorry

nice screen grab, but it is HUGE, you might want to just use a link.

how did you get the stock photo in there?

Screen Grab link has been added to the OP thanks to Birakon.

[quote name='Nephilim']nice screen grab, but it is HUGE, you might want to just use a link.

how did you get the stock photo in there?

Screen Grab link has been added to the OP thanks to Birakon.[/quote]

Looks like he took a picture of the current Target page and just photoshopped the discounted price onto it.

[quote name='Prolific']If I go into the Target store will I need the picture to buy it for $170?[/quote]

I PMed it at BB using a copy of the old ad w/ no picture with no problems. Judging by all of the earlier posts it's a huge YMMV depending on the intelligence (or lack thereof) of the employees in the store.

So what should I do? Should I just print out that website pic and go to Target? Or go to BB or something? Thanks in advance.

[quote name='Prolific']So what should I do? Should I just print out that website pic and go to Target? Or go to BB or something? Thanks in advance.[/quote]

All of the above. Give it a shot if you want one. The worst they can do is say no. They can't take away your birthday

I've read here some cashiers will just PM the thing, others will call a manager, and others will call Target to verify the price in store...

In my case I did it the Saturday after the error was discovered. I went into BB, grabbed a bundle, took it to the cashier, showed her the printout, and got my price match. She questioned it for a second and had to ask another employee if they were still price matching. The employee told her yes, as long as it was an in store price and said something about not being able to match amazon.

I see, because I'm just scared that they might go and check the website and see the recent $199 price and say "Is this photoshopped?" and then I might get fraud issues?

[quote name='Prolific']I see, because I'm just scared that they might go and check the website and see the recent $199 price and say "Is this photoshopped?" and then I might get fraud issues?[/quote]indeed, thats sorta what im afraid of too. i dont want cashiers and managers to make a big deal out of things...

Okay if the website now says $199.99 why are people trying to PM using a cached version of the page?

Or you can use $40 off $199 coupon from Circuit City! Cashier tried to scan it serveral times but ended up typing the promo code manually. It work like a charm! Right now I have extra $40 coupon in this picture. I'm planing to buy Xbox 360 Elite if M$ release the SKU with Falcon-65nm chip before that expires end.

[quote name='twen']Okay if the website now says $199.99 why are people trying to PM using a cached version of the page?[/quote]

Generally what is CAG etiquette on something like this (price error later corrected?)

fyi, if you still plan on price matching this error u gotta make sure its a dumb employee otherwise theyll jus check the target website and tell u its $199.99

i tried at bestbuy first but failed, but i got it rite at circuit city...

[quote name='Chitown021']Looks like he took a picture of the current Target page and just photoshopped the discounted price onto it.[/QUOTE]

that would be fraud my friend.

i used an archive.

[quote name='Birakon']that would be fraud my friend.

i used an archive.[/quote]

No, the archived photo of the page didn't have the bundle pictured it just said "NO PHOTO"

Target didn't add the picture until after the price error was corrected.

Unless you used an archived copy of someone else's photoshopped page.

i was refused by 2 employees today at target, and at best buy.

oh well. worth a shot.

guess i'll just wait for the piano black.

[quote name='anarchyburger']i got it to work 2day. i just price matched it at circuit city and got the daxter bundle for $169.99. thanks guys and OP.[/quote]
Did you request a free Gamer Saver Club Membership?

[quote name='Birakon']that would be fraud my friend.

i used an archive.[/quote]

lol, and using a non-current offer is not fraud?? :roll:

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Did you request a free Gamer Saver Club Membership?[/quote]yes i requested it but he said he couldnt do both so it was either the price match or the circuit city game saver membership. so i jus chose the price match obviously.

[quote name='Chitown021']No, the archived photo of the page didn't have the bundle pictured it just said "NO PHOTO"

Target didn't add the picture until after the price error was corrected.

Unless you used an archived copy of someone else's photoshopped page.[/QUOTE]

it could have been, but as far as i know it was the origional. I never saw the origional though.

[quote name='Chitown021']Generally what is CAG etiquette on something like this (price error later corrected?)[/QUOTE]

That is up to the individual. At this point for me, it would be long past the ethical time to try for a price match.
Target fixed the error and that should be that.

I am keeping the OP updated for each person to make their own decision.

Went to Target today and they would not match the $169.99 price on the print-out... Went to the Best Buy next door and they priced matched it with no problem at all. CSR look at the printout and just made the price change with no comment or question. Kudos OP it still works.

hey guys, question. i just got a psp slim and was wondering, do i need a memory stick to play games? i thought it had minimal space for saving games on it at least.

I'm sorry for such a general question but i can't seem to confirm this. Is the Piano Black one the 169.99 and the ONLY one available in stores? I don't want to go buy a 169.99 PSP to find it's an old model. Thanks in advance.

Well, I didn't think it would work...but it did. The dude in the electronics section gave me some flack, but we went to guest services and the chick at the counter gave me the deal. Very cool.

Thanks CAG'ers

BTW - I got the 'Ice Silver' Pack and Jeanne D'arc. For just over 200 bux

Please excuse my extreme laziness, but has anyone been able to use the $40 off $200 coupon at Circuit City with this? My coupon expires on Sept 30th

[quote name='Ctl-Alt-l33t']Please excuse my extreme laziness, but has anyone been able to use the $40 off $200 coupon at Circuit City with this? My coupon expires on Sept 30th[/quote]
Yes I done that earlier! I have to printout with empty blank newspaper to look legit then show it to cashier but they have a hard time scanning and ended up by typing the promo code and viola! Take $40 off from $200 and paid $160+tax and I got a free Gamer Saver Club Membership!

Now that the pricing error related deal is definitely over with that leaves me with 4 options. Use that EB/GameStop coupon for a used old model for $99.99, try using the CC coupon for $40 off 200 and get that Game Savers Club thing too, wait until Black Friday to look for deals, or just avoid the PSP (which is not really an option anymore as a lot more games I have an interest in are being released for it soon) Choices choices...

[quote name='Fatbot3']I'm sorry for such a general question but i can't seem to confirm this. Is the Piano Black one the 169.99 and the ONLY one available in stores? I don't want to go buy a 169.99 PSP to find it's an old model. Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

New Piano Black PSP Model: PSP-2001PB
Available at most Fry's location
Got mine at Burbank, CA

PS: I suggest you request to open it and power on at the store, in case of dead pixels.
I had 2 dead pixels, went back and exchanged it. They opened a fresh one for me they let me boot it up and check, even gave me a game to test with.

[quote name='username']New Piano Black PSP Model: PSP-2001PB
Available at most Fry's location
Got mine at Burbank, CA

PS: I suggest you request to open it and power on at the store, in case of dead pixels.
I had 2 dead pixels, went back and exchanged it. They opened a fresh one for me they let me boot it up and check, even gave me a game to test with.[/quote]
Hey thats where I bought my Component Cable for the PSP Slim! You should use $40 off coupon at CC in V.N. beside Burbank.

I just rolled into my local Circuit City and picked up the Daxter pack for 159.99 after $40 off; plus the free gamer's club card which means 10% off games & accessories for the next year.

Not a bad deal.

[quote name='Birakon']hey guys, question. i just got a psp slim and was wondering, do i need a memory stick to play games? i thought it had minimal space for saving games on it at least.[/QUOTE]
You need a mem stick. You can get a 32MB card for stupid cheap, but you might want to spring for a bigger one so you can have a game system and MP3 player in one unit. I never got an iPod, I just got a 4GB card.

bread's done
Back