ICO and the Shadow of Colossus Collection PS3 $20 Amazon.com

E-Z-B

CAGiversary!
Just dropped in price:

http://www.amazon.com/The-Shadow-Colossus-Collection-Playstation-3/dp/B002I0J5FG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1339596480&sr=8-1&keywords=Ico+ps3

[quote name='rvdrock']It will soon be a universal price drop, saw it today on my distributor website.[/QUOTE]

Truth.

All doubters of what I said in my posts #81 and #104 can lean forward and kiss my screen name's ass on your computer screen.

[quote name='rvdrock']It will soon be a universal price drop, saw it today on my distributor website.[/QUOTE]

Really?!?!!? I hope so. I have a ton in credit at Gamestop and would prefer to use that over cash/credit card.

I ordered this and Rage and I don't even have a PS3. :roll: Eagerly awaiting my next paycheck so I can order one and really freaking out that I might miss out on those specific 12 games and Virtua Fighter.

[quote name='blinknot4']Truth.

All doubters of what I said in my posts #81 and #104 can lean forward and kiss my screen name's ass on your computer screen.[/QUOTE]

As I said in post 9 :) the fact that GameFly also had this for $20 increased the odds that this was some sort of external price drop or promo and not simply a sale at Amazon's initiative.

Still, other major retailers I checked still have it at $40. I don't think anybody needs to be kissing anything, certainly not until a drop is confirmed.

[quote name='Monkeydrummer']I ordered this and Rage and I don't even have a PS3. :roll: Eagerly awaiting my next paycheck so I can order one and really freaking out that I might miss out on those specific 12 games and Virtua Fighter.[/QUOTE]

If you have a friend with a PS3 create an account, login with your info n "purchase" all the games so when you get the ps3 you are good to go.

Mine hasn't shipped yet but I did get an e-mail today saying my "expected delivery date" is June 25th. Now I just need to work down my backlog of games so I can actually play these ;)

Newegg also just adjusted their price to $19.99 (though currently out of stock, they are getting more...like Amazon). I wonder if I should just cancel my Amazon order and wait...for a couple of reasons. 1. I believe the new shipment will be the Greatest Hits line. 2. If it's going to be the Greatest Hits line...I could just wait for a sale and get it cheaper (around BF or so).

[quote name='technicalstylez']19.99 is the new msrp so it wouldnt hurt to wait.[/QUOTE]

That's what I'm debating. Then again, after doing some research...the game has yet to sell 1 million units globally, based on VGChartz. So I may stick with the order to avoid the red GH look (I know, it's trivial, but I can't help it).

Then again, if I risk keeping the order and receive a GH red cased version...I can't nor would I return the game just for that reason. So it's either I cancel or keep it and move on. Which is why I'm leaning towards canceling. ;)

I am thinking of cancelling as well, but the 1 month of PS+ is still a bonus, and this is still a good price for this game. The trouble is, my ridiculous backlog. I won't get to this game for months, and I don't mind buying used, so I'm sure I will get a better deal.

Anyone get any info about their free month of PS+ yet? I also have a ship date, but still no mention of it.

Placed an order on the 13th and just got a conformation yesterday that it is to be delivered on the 25th. Few hrs ago they just updated shipping to be delivered this Friday. Will let you know if its GH case or not.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='technicalstylez']u could just switch the red case with a vanilla one the next time u do a game trade in.[/QUOTE]

I have some spare PS3 clear cases...so that's not really a problem. For some games the red cases don't bother me. Like I have Mafia II GH w/ red case. I can stomach it due to the GH version having all the DLC...and the game art doesn't really clash with the art cover (mainly black and white with red for the "II" in the title).

Or for my Batman: AA GOTY, Red Dead Redemption GOTY, and Uncharted 2 GOTY...due to the fact I also have their original releases with the black label. I'm weird...and it's borderline OCD, I know... :lol:

But for this, it''ll be my only copy of the game...so I prefer the black label. Which is why I'm thinking of canceling. If I'm going to have no choice but to have a GH copy...I'd rather wait and get it way cheaper. If it is a black label copy...I'll gladly pay the full new MSRP of $20.

The order is set to arrive in 5 days, but it hasn't shipped yet...which leaves me little time to decide to cancel. Which I think I will and then wait to see of people here receive the black label version or a GH version.

Thanks for enduring my long babbling...

lol makes sense. i usually just swap the red cases with game covers which have red color schemes since it makes them look that way on purpose ie god of war 3, metal gear solid 4.

Got an order shipped e-mail yesterday. Everyone else whose order shipped recently still waiting on the e-mail with their PS+ code?

My order shipped as well. Nothing on the PS+ code yet, but it's supposed to take a couple of days. Failing that, I'll just contact customer service.

Order shipped yesterday & said it'd arrive Friday, despite getting the normal 5-10 day shipping. Now have to wait for the PS+ e-mail, which I assume will arrive either tomorrow or so after I get my game.

Grrrr, mine's been on the "Shipping Soon" status for 2 days now with estimated arrival date range of next Mon - Fri, though to Amazon's credit I usually get my items on the very early end of their date ranges if not sooner.

Mine shipped yesterday and I got my 30-day PS+ code at 8:30PM EST last night. Considering using it this weekend if the girlfriend doesn't come in town, so I can get some good Infamous 2 time in. I only have a 40GB HDD though so fitting everything may be interesting :X

[quote name='waldo21212']Got an order shipped e-mail yesterday. Everyone else whose order shipped recently still waiting on the e-mail with their PS+ code?[/QUOTE]

My order shipped 7 hrs ago and I just received my PS+ 30 day code. Should be getting yours soon.

[quote name='JanusDS']Grrrr, mine's been on the "Shipping Soon" status for 2 days now with estimated arrival date range of next Mon - Fri, though to Amazon's credit I usually get my items on the very early end of their date ranges if not sooner.[/QUOTE]

dude. 2 days is nothing. i place the order on the 13th and it just barely shipped today.

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']Debating whether or not to sell my ps2 versions for this... Hmmmm...[/QUOTE]

They have no value now (unless Its emotional value), trade em in i say

[quote name='strait edge follower']They have no value now (unless Its emotional value), trade em in i say[/QUOTE] Sell them on eBay. I'm sure you'll get more.

[quote name='strait edge follower']They have no value now (unless Its emotional value), trade em in i say[/QUOTE]

I usually like to have the originals, but seeing has how they have dropped in price dramatically, and this collection is so cheap I'll probably end up selling them. Ico still goes for $13-16, and SotC isn't much, but if I sold them as a pair I'd probably get $20.

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']Debating whether or not to sell my ps2 versions for this... Hmmmm...[/QUOTE]

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']I usually like to have the originals, but seeing has how they have dropped in price dramatically, and this collection is so cheap I'll probably end up selling them. Ico still goes for $13-16, and SotC isn't much, but if I sold them as a pair I'd probably get $20.[/QUOTE]

And you could put that 20$ towards the ico/sotc collection :)

[quote name='strait edge follower']And you could put that 20$ towards the ico/sotc collection :)[/QUOTE]

That's what I'm going to do :) Same for Zone of the Enders 1/2 unless the ps2 version of 2nd runner has dropped, gotta check.

Mine shipped out and is scheduled for Friday so I'll post with what version I get. (GH or original)

EDIT : I just got my code for the free month of PS+ as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sony needs to drop the red GH cases. Just put a sticker on the case if they must. I refuse to buy GH. I will just wait to get a used copy on eBay. I'm also guessing the GH version does not have the amazing reversible cover.

[quote name='Bmvc1']Sony needs to drop the red GH cases. Just put a sticker on the case if they must. I refuse to buy GH. I will just wait to get a used copy on eBay. I'm also guessing the GH version does not have the amazing reversible cover.[/QUOTE]

they do but the red cases are not clear so you can't see them

I don't like the red GH cases but there are a few GH titles that have added content and are worth to make an exception.

Heavy Rain (Director's Cut)
Mafia II
Midnight Club: Los Angeles Complete Edition
maybe more, not sure...

mine shipped earlier today, but still no ps+ code.

anyone know if ps+ code is valid for 30 days from when it's issued? or can i keep the code til like next month or 2-3 months from now before using it?

[quote name='hle078']mine shipped earlier today, but still no ps+ code.

anyone know if ps+ code is valid for 30 days from when it's issued? or can i keep the code til like next month or 2-3 months from now before using it?[/QUOTE]

On my email it said "Codes expire 8/30/2012".

Found a way to order it still even though it says "Temporarily out of Stock" with no estimated shipping date: under "More buying choices" on the right side of the page it has "Amazon.com 19.99 & eligible for free shipping with Amazon Prime." Just add it to the cart from there and check out.

Got my PS+ code last night. & pretty nice of Amazon to have the game arrive in a mere 2 days when I got the standard shipping. Guess it was to make up for the fact it was TOoS.

[quote name='mvpcrossxover']dude. 2 days is nothing. i place the order on the 13th and it just barely shipped today.[/QUOTE]

Umm yeah, since you apparently didn't see my post earlier in the thread, I also ordered it on the 13th - what I was saying is that while most everybody else who ordered it that day after it was oos seems to have already gotten their's shipped, mine had been showing the "Shipping Soon" status for 2 days and now 3 days as it is currently still showing that status, which is what's pissing me off. So hey, you ordered yours on the 13th and it shipped yesterday, I ordered mine on the 13th and it's been showing "Shipping Soon" for 3 days while most everybody else's has been shipped - so yeah, "2 days" is nothing. :whistle2:| Try not assuming in the future since I think we all know what that does. :booty:

I placed my order the 13th, it shipped on Tuesday and I got it yesterday. The PSN+ email came when it shipped. My case was black label, not sure if it has become a GH but I saw some discussion about it.

what is the PS+ deal? Is that a promotion only available for ICO HD col, which is why everyone is jumping on the deal?

[quote name='CaoPi']what is the PS+ deal? Is that a promotion only available for ICO HD col, which is why everyone is jumping on the deal?[/QUOTE]

Just the price drop, I think. That's why I ordered it. There are several games to choose from on Amazon that come with a free month of PS+.

bread's done
Back