ICO for PS2 (OOS again) at GS.com for $34.99

[quote name='enufs8d']everything is in the title. if you don't like this one, then don't read it. easy solution.[/QUOTE]
agreed. this is actually very helpful. i've been looking for a copy for some time now and the first time i checked this thread the nearest gamestop that had it available was about 20 miles away. today when i checked this thread again i got lucky and one popped up at a gamestop close to me so i went there and got the only copy. it was in decent shape with complete case and manual.:applause:

Apparently Fumito Ueda is in talks with Sony to bring Ico and SOTC to the PS3. We will see how that goes within the next few weeks.

WTH!!!!!!! I ordered and got a f*ck*n DEMO disc. Are you kidding me? First time I order online from GS and this is what I get? I'm thinking I should send it back instead of exchanging in store because I doubt a GS employee will believe me.

[quote name='ohboy10451']WTH!!!!!!! I ordered and got a f*ck*n DEMO disc. Are you kidding me? First time I order online from GS and this is what I get? I'm thinking I should send it back instead of exchanging in store because I doubt a GS employee will believe me.[/QUOTE]

Wow, that sucks. You should definitely call them directly and complain rather than going into the store, because you're right, I could easily see a clerk thinking you were trying something.

[quote name='ohboy10451']WTH!!!!!!! I ordered and got a f*ck*n DEMO disc. Are you kidding me? First time I order online from GS and this is what I get? I'm thinking I should send it back instead of exchanging in store because I doubt a GS employee will believe me.[/QUOTE]
I ordered on a couple of days ago and it is supposed to arrive tomorrow. I better get the real disc! That being said, I have never had any issues ordering games online from GS.

I found a copy through GC. They did a local search on their system and found one 100 miles+ away in Bakersfield CA. the price?.....$7.xx! I do pay a $6 handling fee though. Still $13.xx is awesome and the guy in Bakesfield told the girl over the phone, who was helping me , that it was in pristine shape, just one fine scratch! I hope hes right. We'll see soon.

[quote name='arcane93']Well, or you can list it for sale online for that price, anyway -- whether anyone actually buys it for that or not is another question entirely. When I see incredibly high prices like that listed on games, CDs, etc. on Amazon or wherever, I often wonder how much of that is reality, and how much of it is wishful thinking on the part of the sellers. The going prices for completed auctions on eBay doesn't seem to be anywhere near as high as the Amazon seller prices for this title.[/QUOTE]

Right. I listed one for 3, five-day auctions in a row. Started at $130 and dropped by $10 each time. Eventually settled for an offer of $79. Wasn't too upset because I picked it up from one of the old K-Mart sales for like $7.

Wow I have this game. Bought it a long time ago before it became a cult classic. I wonder if I still have it, might make a killing in the near future.

I've gotten a demo disk from GameStop before on an item, just call and let them know of the error and they will refund your money or send you another copy of the game if they have it. The game will have a nice note attached to get you a good copy of the game and will be shipped one-day mail. At least that is how they treated my issue (they had the extra copy). I have never ordered online from GameStop and not had a problem but they are always helpful and very quick to come to a solution.

Just got mine from the GS website and it's just the disk in a sleeve. No manual, no artwork, not even a ps2 game case. Oh well. Still want to play it.

[quote name='enufs8d']everything is in the title. if you don't like this one, then don't read it. easy solution.[/QUOTE]The issue is the on again/off again availability factor. It isn't that the deal dies, and the mods can toss it into the Deal Graveyard, and call it a day. The price stays the same, but when it's a title that's sought after, as soon as GS receives additional copies through trade-ins, they're sold right away.

I'm surprised that a used copy of Ico at $30 is a deal. But looking at other sites, this is the case. Maybe GQD will consider reprinting this.

[quote name='Kaydee09']agreed. this is actually very helpful. i've been looking for a copy for some time now and the first time i checked this thread the nearest gamestop that had it available was about 20 miles away. today when i checked this thread again i got lucky and one popped up at a gamestop close to me so i went there and got the only copy. it was in decent shape with complete case and manual.:applause:[/QUOTE] Glad you found a nice copy. Ico is probably the only platformer I've truly enjoyed. It's beautiful and has some great puzzles.

I didn't know where to post this and this seemed like a good place. Another Rarer game that I have been looking for awhile is now instock online at GameStop.com now.

Tales of the Abyss is in stock and $27.99, use CAG16 to bring it down to about $23.50. Another usable coupon is SAVER for free basic shipping but you will have to pad your order to $25.00 or above.

Normally goes for at least $40.00 on eBay

Just ordered and hoping for a complete copy.

[quote name='Toss']I found a copy through GC. They did a local search on their system and found one 100 miles+ away in Bakersfield CA. the price?.....$7.xx! I do pay a $6 handling fee though. Still $13.xx is awesome and the guy in Bakesfield told the girl over the phone, who was helping me , that it was in pristine shape, just one fine scratch! I hope hes right. We'll see soon.[/QUOTE]

I got it, disc only but in very good shape, great for $13.82. They also found me a scratched to hell Futurama ps2..it plays though..$7.82.

I didn't want to be rude and hi-jack a potential seller's thread so I thought that I should post here instead. I just ordered a copy of ICO from hxxp://f1discount.com/product_info.php?products_id=478 for $19.99. It's in stock and they have free shipping. They also said their stuff is brand new so I'm wondering how "brand new" it is. I think it's a Canadian based retailer and it seems they have plenty in stock. I'll just have to wait and see the quality of my purchase when it comes in the mail. Wish me luck!

[quote name='anonymousG']I didn't want to be rude and hi-jack a potential seller's thread so I thought that I should post here instead. I just ordered a copy of ICO from hxxp://f1discount.com/product_info.php?products_id=478 for $19.99. It's in stock and they have free shipping. They also said their stuff is brand new so I'm wondering how "brand new" it is. I think it's a Canadian based retailer and it seems they have plenty in stock. I'll just have to wait and see the quality of my purchase when it comes in the mail. Wish me luck![/QUOTE]
I Googled F1 Discount and came up with no mention of this place. Ordering from this seems like a really bad idea.

[quote name='ackbar7']I Googled F1 Discount and came up with no mention of this place. Ordering from this seems like a really bad idea.[/QUOTE]

What, not into giving your credit card number to unknown sites with too-good-to-be-true offers posted by "anonymous" newbies who just joined today and have only one post on the site? Why ever not? :lol:

[quote name='ackbar7']I Googled F1 Discount and came up with no mention of this place. Ordering from this seems like a really bad idea.[/QUOTE]
Oh geez, you got me worried now...I noticed the site by looking through google's product search.

hxxp://img3.imageshack.us/img3/3866/45795254.png

Sure I understand how skeptic you veterans may be with "anonymous" newbies and blah blah blah. I assure you I am no con artist. I was merely excited and just wanted to share. =p
Anyway, I'll let you guys know how it turns out.

[quote name='b3mike']yeah they jacked up the price due to the hype around the last guardian. I picked it up for 20 bucks last year. mint disc, crappy case and no manual[/QUOTE]Man I guess I was lucky to pick it up for $39.99 like 3 months after it launched. My copy is still flawless with manual, inserts and case. It is sad that it is so in demand and I feel really bad for hoarding my copy but I beat it once again last year or 18 months ago and thinking of popping it in during Christmas break.

I think I'll go a different route around christmas. Maybe sacrifice a couple goats for an Ico/Shadow of the Colossus HD remake, like God of War got. Maybe around the time Last Guardian comes out...

Well, according to whois.domaintools.com:

Registrant:
Simon Paulson
895 fir street
Dallas, Texas 79652
United States

Domain Name: F1DISCOUNT.COM
Created on: 09-Oct-09
Expires on: 09-Oct-10
Last Updated on: 09-Oct-09

So when exactly did you place your order, anonymousG? Or should I call you Simon?

[quote name='anonymousG']Oh geez, you got me worried now...I noticed the site by looking through google's product search.

hxxp://img3.imageshack.us/img3/3866/45795254.png

Sure I understand how skeptic you veterans may be with "anonymous" newbies and blah blah blah. I assure you I am no con artist. I was merely excited and just wanted to share. =p
Anyway, I'll let you guys know how it turns out.[/QUOTE]

i too just saw this site this morning (f1 discount), looking for demon souls. They have most new games for 12-14 dollars less.... It's very suspicious, and i can't find anything on them through google, or any buisness rating site lik bizrate or bbb.

I sent an email to the owner with some questions, but even if he does respond poistively, i'll be very hesitant to tread ahead and order...

anticipating to hear how anonymousg makes out.

This is totally bizarre and a little frightening as I just bought the MP trilogy and Madworld from F1 this morning. The only other mention of this seller other than the few posts above me is a thread on the GameSpot forums asking if it's a scam. Both mentions are, I might add, from no earlier than yesterday.

I guess I'll know when my echeck clears whether I've been conned or not.

Well, seeing as the domain was only created 12 days ago, it's not really a surprise that there's no mention of them anywhere else on the web.

I feel genuinely sorry for them if they really are a legitimate small business trying to get started on the web, because I'm sure it's tough with all of the suspicion over unknown sites. But the simple fact is that the suspicion is merited because of all of the scam artists who are out there. I'd maybe feel more comfortable with them if I even knew a little more about them, but there's no real info about who they are and the site looks like it was just thrown up quickly with a generic shopping cart template. And their prices are, in too many cases, a little too good to be true -- even a big company like Amazon can't sell for these prices, so I don't know how they could.

Also, their selection of non-gaming items is . . . bizarre and random. I really don't get what they're going for.

I'm almost tempted to make a virtual account number through my credit card company limited to exactly the price of some inexpensive item on the site and give them a try, but honestly, I'm hesitant to even give them my name and address.

[quote name='arcane93']Well, seeing as the domain was only created 12 days ago, it's not really a surprise that there's no mention of them anywhere else on the web.

I feel genuinely sorry for them if they really are a legitimate small business trying to get started on the web, because I'm sure it's tough with all of the suspicion over unknown sites. But the simple fact is that the suspicion is merited because of all of the scam artists who are out there. I'd maybe feel more comfortable with them if I even knew a little more about them, but there's no real info about them and the site looks like it was just thrown up quickly with a generic shopping cart template. And there prices are, in too many cases, a little too good to be true -- even a big company like Amazon can't sell for these prices, so I don't know how they could.

Also, their selection of non-gaming items is . . . bizarre and random. I really don't get what they're going for.

I'm almost tempted to make a virtual account number through my credit card company limited to exactly the price of some inexpensive item on the site and give them a try, but honestly, I'm hesitant to even give them my name and address.[/QUOTE]

you can do it through paypal, virtual credit card or regular payment. At least that way, if you dont recieve it, you will get your money back. NOW, the only problem with paypal is that if you get something, but its not as described. Lets say a backup, wrong region, used. its tough to get paypal on your side. at least for the full refund. They will usually tell you to negoiate with the seller, but sometimes they side with you. Its really 50/50 at that point as i've lived through it.

I'm really tempted with some of these prices. They have a whole punch of ps3 rpgs i've been wanting for very cheap. I mean, come on, Demon souls new for $48 shipped? Cross edge new for $38 shipped? Lots of good deals, but now that 2 people ordered, i guess we can only wait to hear back from them.

I too also sent an email and awaiting a response to that.

Keep in mind also that their discounted prices only seem to be for the "holiday season" and they advertise that shipping is free only "for a limited time".

I too just discovered the F1discount website and I'm very skeptical about this website. I found it via google shopping while searching for the cheapest copy of ninja gaiden sigma. F1discount.com has this game for only $12.99 with free shipping, beating amazon and walmart. Even more suspicious is this link to where the owner and the location of F1disount.com is.

(Link deleted cause I'm a new user, but google maps the address)

Check it out, this guy lives in a trailer park! I don't know if I would trust sending any money to him, even via paypal. How is it possible this guy in a trailer park is starting this business and actually making profits with such low profits? It's too good to be true. He's keep all his inventory in his trailor, or dropshipping,or what??

ICO is now that expensive? Didn't realize it.
I still remember years ago Fry's had piles of it under $20 and no one wanted it.

f1discount does sound intriguing. The thing is, they don't just sell video games either. Hopefully someone posts his experience.

[quote name='stormjackson']I too just discovered the F1discount website and I'm very skeptical about this website. I found it via google shopping while searching for the cheapest copy of ninja gaiden sigma. F1discount.com has this game for only $12.99 with free shipping, beating amazon and walmart. Even more suspicious is this link to where the owner and the location of F1disount.com is.

(Link deleted cause I'm a new user, but google maps the address)

Check it out, this guy lives in a trailer park! I don't know if I would trust sending any money to him, even via paypal. How is it possible this guy in a trailer park is starting this business and actually making profits with such low profits? It's too good to be true. He's keep all his inventory in his trailor, or dropshipping,or what??[/QUOTE]

I'm not going to be getting those games I ordered, am I? :(

[quote name='stormjackson']Check it out, this guy lives in a trailer park! I don't know if I would trust sending any money to him, even via paypal. How is it possible this guy in a trailer park is starting this business and actually making profits with such low profits? It's too good to be true. He's keep all his inventory in his trailor, or dropshipping,or what??[/QUOTE]

I would be almost inclined to say that he's probably drop shipping, but where would he find new copies of Ico to have drop shipped?

All this F1 discounters talk should be moved to it's own thread in the Shopping Discussion area. This is an ICO at Gamestop thread after all ;)

[quote name='Josef']All this F1 discounters talk should be moved to it's own thread in the Shopping Discussion area. This is an ICO at Gamestop thread after all ;)[/QUOTE]

What a waste of effort. Let's just start a new thread there to talk about the site.

EDIT: tada.

I landed a preowned copy (sans manual) from a Gamestop a few months ago for $17.99. I guess it was only a matter of time before GS upped the used cost...

I remember when I saw Ico a few years back at K-Mart going for $4.99. That was when you first started hearing hype about the game. That's one gaming purchase I'll always regret that I didn't make.

[quote name='Hyjinxs06']I remember when I saw Ico a few years back at K-Mart going for $4.99. That was when you first started hearing hype about the game. That's one gaming purchase I'll always regret that I didn't make.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I picked up during Circuit City's $5 sale and I swear I only got it because I thought it was the ugliest cover box of all time, and I thought I'd just keep it to show people how terrible that box art looked.

Little did I know it would now become a gaming gem. Personally, I don't find the game all that fun -- thought I haven't really given it much time or effort.

I also hate games on CD-ROM b/c they cause my PS2 to make odd noises. This is the ONLY CD-ROM game I have among my 178 titles.

[quote name='Kaiser499']Is it worth buying the GH version of SOTC?[/QUOTE]

it depends on if you're a collector or not. I don't think there's any added features or features taken off on the gh version

bread's done
Back