If (and only if) you received an online $10 promo code for Xbox Live from Amazon..

Lol. I tried one more time, and this is what happened:

Me:Xbox Live Promo code issued 2:06:30 PM
Me:Hello. 2:06:45 PM
Vaibhav :Hello, my name is Vaibhav. I'll be happy to help you. 2:06:50 PM
Me:I have a question regarding a code I received for $10 off an Xbox Live 12 month code. 2:07:16 PM
Vaibhav :I'm sorry for this, however as an exception for you, I'll go ahead and issue you another promo for $10 which can be applied on any future amazon purchase, will that be alright?

Quick question do I reply back to the email they sent me or go back to amazons "contact us" page then do it?

The guy finally woke up and said,

"We've notified to our marketing team to make this item available in our website soon. Please wait for 3 to 4 days to take advantage of this promotion."

[quote name='Cysquatch']Quick question do I reply back to the email they sent me or go back to amazons "contact us" page then do it?[/QUOTE]

You have to go back to the "contact us" page.

Yup, they caught on fast:

Prakash :Hello, my name is Prakash. I'll be happy to help you. 5:12:00 PM
Me:Hello, I have a question about the xbox live promo related to an Xbox game I purchased recently.5:12:22 PM
Me:The deal was that I would get $10 off a 12 month code, but I see its out of stock.5:12:32 PM
Me:I was wondering if I could get credit so I could the $10 to a physical card sold from Amazon instead of the Online Game Code.5:12:54 PM
Prakash :I am very sorry that you were not able to place your order before our current supply ran out.5:13:13 PM
Prakash :We aware of this issue.5:13:19 PM
Prakash :We've notified to our marketing team to make this item available in our website soon. Please wait for 3 to 4 days to take advantage of this promotion.
Me:Alrighty.5:14:41 PM
Prakash :If isn't available soon, you can contact us anytime and we'll explore with different options.5:15:35 PM
Me:Okay...

Awesome, just got it finished over the phone after both the email and live chat didn't work.

[quote name='kiribee']The guy finally woke up and said,

"We've notified to our marketing team to make this item available in our website soon. Please wait for 3 to 4 days to take advantage of this promotion."[/QUOTE]

One of them said that to me, too.

I find it funny I tried twice to explain the situation, and then third time all I do is mention it and he says "no problem."

[quote name='Chemosh013']shot down. oh well, congrats to everyone that got it.[/QUOTE]

Keep trying. Third time was the charm for me.

WOO HOO! Worked on the second try. Thanks CAG!

Me:Xbox Game Promo Code
Raj :Hello, my name is Raj. I'll be happy to help you today.
Me:I have a question regarding a code I received for $10 off an Xbox Live 12 month code.
Raj :I'm sorry for the inconvenience.
I'll apply the credit of $10 to your account which you can use to purchase items from amazon.
Me:Oh that would be great
thank you so much
Raj :You're welcome.
Is there anything else I can do for you today?
Me:Nope. That's everything.
Thank you so much.
Raj :Thanks for visiting Amazon.com. We hope to see you again soon!

[quote name='MrNEWZ']Yup, they caught on fast:

Prakash :Hello, my name is Prakash. I'll be happy to help you. 5:12:00 PM
Me:Hello, I have a question about the xbox live promo related to an Xbox game I purchased recently.5:12:22 PM
Me:The deal was that I would get $10 off a 12 month code, but I see its out of stock.5:12:32 PM
Me:I was wondering if I could get credit so I could the $10 to a physical card sold from Amazon instead of the Online Game Code.5:12:54 PM
Prakash :I am very sorry that you were not able to place your order before our current supply ran out.5:13:13 PM
Prakash :We aware of this issue.5:13:19 PM
Prakash :We've notified to our marketing team to make this item available in our website soon. Please wait for 3 to 4 days to take advantage of this promotion.
Me:Alrighty.5:14:41 PM
Prakash :If isn't available soon, you can contact us anytime and we'll explore with different options.5:15:35 PM
Me:Okay...[/QUOTE]

hehe, thats the same guy I got!

Supposedly I got it to work for me too, but still haven't received the email the rep said he was going to send me or the credit in my account...it was ULTRA easy to do

[quote name='kiribee']rofl, anyone try live chat twice, only to get the same guy?
hahaha[/QUOTE]
lmao. yes it's happened to me before. I just closed the window and tried again and got someone different.

Edit: If you get shot down 1,2,3,4 or 5 times try again if you want it. Probably not worth it for 10 bucks but one time I had an issue that took a good 2 hours and 8 tries to resolve. Only stop if they tell you theyre not going to communicate with you any more on an issue. They mean business at that point lol..

[quote name='Chemosh013']WOO HOO! Worked on the second try. Thanks CAG!

Me:Xbox Game Promo Code
Raj :Hello, my name is Raj. I'll be happy to help you today.
Me:I have a question regarding a code I received for $10 off an Xbox Live 12 month code.
Raj :I'm sorry for the inconvenience.
I'll apply the credit of $10 to your account which you can use to purchase items from amazon.
Me:Oh that would be great
thank you so much
Raj :You're welcome.
Is there anything else I can do for you today?
Me:Nope. That's everything.
Thank you so much.
Raj :Thanks for visiting Amazon.com. We hope to see you again soon!

[/QUOTE]

Good Ol' Raj!
He got me $10 credit to!
Whoooo!

Hello,

I checked the promotion in your account and saw it's applied to your order. I also check the product if it's available and saw that right now the item is "In Stock." You can still avail the promotion for your next eligible purchase.

When you place a qualifying order, you should see the promotional funds listed in the order cost summary that appears just before you submit your order. As long as the order qualifies, you will not need to do anything to receive the promotional discount.

This promotional code is subject to certain restrictions which are posted on our website:

http://www.amazon.com/o/tg/browse/-/3145051/

We sent you this promotional certificate with the hope that it would encourage you to try our Xbox 360 store. However, I'm sorry, but we're unable to apply this certificate toward the purchase of other products from Amazon.com.

I hope you will be able to find something you like in order to use the promotional offer.
I got an original reply on email... And I can't use the live chat.
I'll try to send another email.

"I've issued you a $10 promotional certificate, which you can use the next time you order an item shipped and sold by Amazon.com.
You'll see your available promotional balance at checkout--this amount will be applied to your next order automatically without entering a claim code.
Your promotional balance doesn't appear in Your Account but will always display when you place an order."

Niccccccce, the cool thing is that it's not "video game credit", so you can use it on anything from Amazon.com!

Just an update: I was on hold for 5 min, but worked like a charm. Got a really nice rep, but the guy before him I couldn't understand - he had a thick Russian accent 0.o

do remember, read the terms and conditions and it's 1 per account and what not. if you do get the $10 amazon credit applied to your account, be glad and grateful and don't get greedy.

Jenn:I am very sorry that the 2 month subscription is sold out at the moment, we are currently awaiting more form the manufacturer.5:50:12 PM
Jenn:Unfortunately, the $10.00 promotion is not able to be transferred in any way.5:50:12 PM
Jenn:If you would like, I can keep an eye out for this item, and email you once we receive more information.

Shot down on the first try, I'm thinking that Amazon is getting wise to us =P

[quote name='intoxicated662']do remember, read the terms and conditions and it's 1 per account and what not. if you do get the $10 amazon credit applied to your account, be glad and grateful and don't get greedy.[/QUOTE]
I thought this also? Did people that ordered multiple games get multiple codes?

I have the stupidest rep. Doesn't understand that the previous promo code on my account is tied to only that one specific item despite explaining it to her 10 times. She keeps telling me it will show up when i place an order.

[quote name='ShockandAww']I thought this also? Did people that ordered multiple games get multiple codes?[/QUOTE]

I did but I don't know if I could use all of them or not.

It took me 4 tries but I finally got it. One is enough for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rep said it was fine, no need to lie or scheme anything up. Just told them other people called in saying it was OOS and got it converted, and she went ahead and did it.

Never mentioned if I intended to buy the code or not, really no need.

On the phone with them now because I acquired I think 3 of these $10 credits. Will tell you what they do

Update: My rep wouldn't do it. Said that I should "Be on the lookout, I'm sure it'll be in stock again soon"

DAMN!

[quote name='Lt Dan']On the phone with them now because I acquired I think 3 of these $10 credits. Will tell you what they do

Update: My rep wouldn't do it. Said that I should "Be on the lookout, I'm sure it'll be in stock again soon"

DAMN![/QUOTE]

Try again - the type of rep you get means the world lol.

[quote name='Azul_KoolAid']So has anyone had any luck getting more than one code transferred? I went a lil crazy during BF and ended up with 5 or 6 codes.[/QUOTE]

How do you see your codes?

[quote name='thegreek']they are in stock though??[/QUOTE]
The promo is for the "Online Game Code" which is out of stock.
(the physical card is in stock)

[quote name='jcmproch']How do you see your codes?[/QUOTE]

I'm sure you can't see it until you go to check out but it might one code per account. I just bought several games and got a notice that I qualified for a code in my email invoices.

Took me a couple tries, (2 Live Chats and 1 Phone) but my 4th guy Waseem helped without much trouble. Just keep trying CAGs!

[quote name='ShockandAww']I thought this also? Did people that ordered multiple games get multiple codes?[/QUOTE]

that doesn't matter, it states on there in the terms and conditiions and people need to read. it's 1 per customer and what not. you could have ordered 100 retail games and it's still, 1 per customer..etc. I ordered fable 3 & mass effect 2 and was told I could only get the promotional credit of $10 once since it's the same name, address, etc.

[quote name='Azul_KoolAid']I'm sure you can't see it until you go to check out but it might one code per account. I just bought several games and got a notice that I qualified for a code in my email invoices.[/QUOTE]

Ok thanks, same here... probably one per account.

bread's done
Back