If (and only if) you received an online $10 promo code for Xbox Live from Amazon..

[quote name='waltercartman']Why would it be frowned upon? If it was some sort of a scam they wouldnt give me 10.00 in credit.....

No matter what people think about it this is what i email them to get the 10.00 credit[/QUOTE]

Just because Amazon is giving you the credit, doesn't necessarily mean its completely ok. Walmart lets you return things you bought from another stores without a receipt, but that’s not ok. Gamestop lets you return used games after seven days, even if you used that time to play through and beat the game, but thats not ok. Lots of companies allow you to do things that aren’t necessarily ok. Not making a moral judgment, it just bugs me that people reason that because they can do something, then its ok.

as my ethics professor in college would say, "just because you have the right to do something doesn't mean that it is right to do"

Success on my end. They apologized for the item not being in stock and converted the credit. Amazon is king!

[quote name='scottman']Would you do this to your grandma? Force her to take her fruitcake back and take $10 from her purse instead? Amazon is your grandma.[/QUOTE]

Piss poor analogy. No one is forcing Amazon to do anything and no one is stealing anything from Amazon.

[quote name='scottman']Would you do this to your grandma? Force her to take her fruitcake back and take $10 from her purse instead? Amazon is your grandma.[/QUOTE]

Piss poor analogy. No one is forcing Amazon to do anything and no one is stealing anything from Amazon.

I sent an e-mail in 3 hours ago and just got a reply that they converted my $10 XBL sub credit to an $10 Amazon promotional credit! SUCCESS! I wasn't going to even use the $10 XBL credit. Thanks OP!!

Talking to a CSR right now, via chat. This makes #2. Hes checking. Maybe I can use the other credits I got too.

I'm a Prime member, so I get two day shipping. My shipment was not in on time, so I called them and told them as a Prime member, I expect Prime service. They gave me a $10 promotional credit. This was around Black Friday. Just a heads up to you guys with late shipments. Call me dirty if you want, but two day shipping is part of the service.

S Kumar:Unfortunately, we are temporarily out of stock on the Xbox 360 Live 12 Month Subscription Code and will be back in stock by December 17th.7:03:09 PM
S Kumar:You will be able to redeem the $10 credit toward the subscription code through December 31st, 2011. 7:03:24 PM

Me:My Live expires on the 10th though.
S Kumar:That is not a problem. You will be able to redeem the $10 credit toward the subscription code through December 31st, 2011.7:04:29 PMMe:I think I'm going to shop around a bit and see what I can do.

[\quote]

No lies, and nothing but truth from me. Usually when you say you're going to shop around, they'll try to grab your business. Kumar did not bite though. It appears they're set on the 17th, the first CSR said the same thing. Maybe they won't be back in stock on the 17th and we can call back. Looks like the refund is over, for now.

4 emails later I got the credit. Just keep at it as its apparent that if you reach the right person they will take care of you. As for this being looked down upon, get over it. They gave me a ten dollar credit, of which I turned around and used on a hundred dollar purchase, so I don't feel bad for Amazon. It's not like they are a mom and pop store struggling to make it.

[quote name='Ash Burton']4 emails later I got the credit. Just keep at it as its apparent that if you reach the right person they will take care of you. As for this being looked down upon, get over it. They gave me a ten dollar credit, of which I turned around and used on a hundred dollar purchase, so I don't feel bad for Amazon. It's not like they are a mom and pop store struggling to make it.[/QUOTE]

After I study for this final some more, I'm going to send out an email.

I should have called over the phone. Its easier to reject over email and chat.

Denied. They said check back after Dec 17 and it "might" be in stock, and the code is good through next year.
Firstly, if I were to buy Xbox live gold, it wouldn't be the code, it would be a card on sale. Secondly, the family pack is actually pretty attractive.

And Amazon just sent me four books, for free, shipped to my door in less than 48 hours, for free. They're not hurting. [Note: I do not condone theft or fraud in any way, but I don't consider shifting a ten buck code good on only one specific item for a ten buck general merchandise code either of those. If I didn't buy something and earn the code, then yes, it would be.]

I got it after an email. I used another poster's email, and modified it a bit. I'm going to try this some more. I have three more credits on my account towards an xbox live code. My account expires tomorrow, so technically, I am going to use this on a card, well, maybe..

Hi, I recently placed an order for an Xbox 360 game that qualified me for a $10 promotional code for an Xbox Live code sold by Amazon. However the Xbox Live code is not available. I'm wondering if I can get a $10 credit to my account in it's place, as I would rather give my business to Amazon, than another place.

That last line, I think got them. Very loyal. :)

bread's done
Back