If (and only if) you received an online $10 promo code for Xbox Live from Amazon..

[quote name='kiribee']The promo is for the "Online Game Code" which is out of stock.
(the physical card is in stock)[/QUOTE]

ok, cool!! Thanks op!!

Just tried and I got some douche named ragesh who said he was "helpless" to offer me a code. He told me to wait a week or so to see if it comes back in stock. Now, I have to make a call to see if I can get it done.

Sent an email. Hopefully they'll get back to me as I'm working on a take home final and don't have time to deal with a rep via chat or phone.

Used email since i couldnt find chat now on the site. Worked the first time and got a response in less than 5 minutes from Ajey R.

Can anyone tell me where to check how many of these I have? I should have a couple on a couple different accounts, but i want to make sure I get all of it, not just 10$ ^_^

Weird. They told me in the second email that I already have 10$ credit for video games.
They also said that I should contact them if I'll buy something and won't get the 10$.
Hope it'll work. Thanks OP for posting all of this. :)

[quote name='Zaku77']Can anyone tell me where to check how many of these I have? I should have a couple on a couple different accounts, but i want to make sure I get all of it, not just 10$ ^_^[/QUOTE]
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1280975122&pf_rd_i=163856011#
On the right hand side where you click to buy it says
Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance​

EDIT- I just noticed I have $10 in MP3 credit, what to buy...

If this were Gamestop, I'd be all for abusing the system, but I can't do this to Amazon in good conscience, especially since they're surely getting inundated with requests now since the thread is 15 pages long on Slickdeals.

Got this to work. Is it just me or do they need to add a way for us to track 1-time credits and our Video Game credits, since as of now we can only look up Gift Card Balance

[quote name='BmBoWnZ']Got this to work. Is it just me or do they need to add a way for us to track 1-time credits and our Video Game credits, since as of now we can only look up Gift Card Balance[/QUOTE]

You can, but I don't think you can do it directly from the account page. If you go to the mp3 section, though, you can view all your balances, including credits.

Currently in progress to try to get it converted but the rep on Live Chat is just giving me excuses saying its the Marketing Team that is offering the promo code blah blah blah.

[quote name='sandman8288']Worked for me. E-mailed them, and got a response within 15 minutes.
Thanks OP.[/QUOTE]

Same here.
Just got an email after 15 minutes & worked.

AMAZON GIFT CARD
$0.00
AMAZON
MP3
$25.00
AMAZON VIDEO ON DEMAND
$25.01
KINDLE
EDITIONS
$25.00
SOFTWARE/VIDEO
GAMES DOWNLOADS
$25.00

This is what it says for my credit. Is this right? Do I have $25 each or combined?

Huh...this one is new for the thread. This is what I got in an email:

"Hello,

I'm sorry this promotion wasn't applied to your order.

To correct this error, I've requested a refund of $10.00 to reimburse you. This will be issued to your credit card within the next 2 to 3 business days. We'll send you another e-mail when the refund is complete."

That's not what I asked for, I asked for the credit to be applied to amazon credit, but they sent me a refund, oh well.

just did chat, and got shot down, they said they would be in stock soon. I asked if by Christmas, and they replyed, "yes, sure", what a crock!! im ganna hitting them up with an email!

After 4 reps I got one that said he made a "ticket" to convert my credit and he'd let me know by email in the next few days.

Can someone give specific directions on how to view promotional credit? I went to mp3 download section and can't figure it out. TIA

[quote name='nas6034']Can someone give specific directions on how to view promotional credit? I went to mp3 download section and can't figure it out. TIA[/QUOTE]

Go here (it'll work with any track/album you pick):

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1280975122&pf_rd_i=163856011

Under the 1-Click options, you'll see the link to view or add to your balances. Click that and it'll give you your breakdown.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just did chat also and got shot down. Said theyd follow up in 2-3 days. Ah well, cant win em all (besides, I was lucky to get one of those MVC3 half off coupons)

[quote name='mr_bungle']Asking again just because no one answered earlier. Why can't I do live chat anymore?[/QUOTE]

What browser are you on? I didnt see the chat option on Iron (Chromium browser), but on Firefox it showed up for me.

I got shot down via live chat. Said marketing team was aware of this and were working on trying to make them available again so I could use the credit. He also said he could not offer up any other type of credit. Didn't even mention that so they are catching on

[quote name='Envel']AMAZON GIFT CARD
$0.00
AMAZON
MP3
$25.00
AMAZON VIDEO ON DEMAND
$25.01
KINDLE
EDITIONS
$25.00
SOFTWARE/VIDEO
GAMES DOWNLOADS
$25.00

This is what it says for my credit. Is this right? Do I have $25 each or combined?[/QUOTE]
Anyone?

You know, this is garbage. I'm not surprised that people are taking advantage in this way, but it doesn't make it any less dishonest. Amazon provides kick ass service and prices, and this is how people respond--by trying to take advantage.

I'm glad the "deal" is dead.

I could have sworn I got one of these with the black wirless headeset I bought on black friday.... oh well I guess. I don't see it anywhere in my account. :(

[quote name='Envel']Anyone?[/QUOTE]

I read that as you have $25 in game credit, $25 in VoD credit, etc.

[quote name='Achilles00']You know, this is garbage. I'm not surprised that people are taking advantage in this way, but it doesn't make it any less dishonest. Amazon provides kick ass service and prices, and this is how people respond--by trying to take advantage.

I'm glad the "deal" is dead.[/QUOTE]

How's it dishonest? We're not asking for a free $10; we're simply asking to be able to use that $10 on something of our choosing. Either way you slice it, Amazon ends up with a purchase from us. I'd much rather use that $10 credit on my next game purchase or Christmas present than on a subscription to Xbox Live that I won't use (I don't own a 360).

[quote name='Achilles00']You know, this is garbage. I'm not surprised that people are taking advantage in this way, but it doesn't make it any less dishonest. Amazon provides kick ass service and prices, and this is how people respond--by trying to take advantage.

I'm glad the "deal" is dead.[/QUOTE]

How's it dishonest? We're not asking for a free $10; we're simply asking to be able to use that $10 on something of our choosing. Either way you slice it, Amazon ends up with a purchase from us. I'd much rather use that $10 credit on my next game purchase or Christmas present than on a subscription to Xbox Live that I won't use (I don't own a 360).

done and done - through live chat. They tried to shoot me down, but I told them that I heard other people were able to get it switched, so why not me? and I reminded them of how loyal a customer I've been for ages - that I even just placed an order today. Changed their tune pretty quick.

I just called and the rep was very cool about it and gave me the 10 dollar credit for the 3 games I bought with the promo. Thanks OP!!!

bread's done
Back