If you could only buy 1 new game this fall what would it be?

[quote name='DarthPuma']You're just making a bundle of terrific threads now aren't you?

Gears 2, to answer your question.[/quote]
What's your problem? It's not like you're creating amazing threads yourself. I plan to only buy 1 new game this fall so I wantd to see what others would do in my situation, is there a problem with that? And what's wrong with my Chrono thread? A Chrono Spin-Off is quite possible and could turn out very well if done right. Hearing about how people would approach creating that differently is very interesting to me.

Gears 2. I played through the campaign in the first one five times, and I seldom replay games.

It's really the only game I'm excited for this fall. There some other games I'll pick up, but most will be gifts or wait for deals/price drops/goozex.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Gears 2. I played through the campaign in the first one five times, and I seldom replay games.

It's really the only game I'm excited for this fall. There some other games I'll pick up, but most will be gifts or wait for deals/price drops/goozex.[/quote]

I couldn't even finish it, it was boring and repetitive. I could barely play through RE4 twice too but that was leaps and volumes more intense/interesting to me.

gears felt like a multiplayer game with a story slapped together in the last moment. Can't wait to see what gears 2 is about though.

I finished Gears on casual after having it for 3 months and just generally getting pissed at stupid things like the fucking bats and shit. Then I started it on Hardcore, and couldn't even finish Act 1 before getting bored and shelving it.

Gears 2 does look....more, though.

Either Fable 2 or Dead Space. I had no hype for Dead Space whatsoever until that last preview video came out but that shit looks HOT. Those are the only two I'm willing to pay retail for anyways.

This is what I have been asking myself for a while now. There are so many great games coming out, it is easy to buy into the hype and get a game just because. I have really tried to figure out which one I will actually sit and play. I am def. getting Fable 2, and I am really debating between LBP and Fallout.

I'm hesitant to say Fallout 3, because I didn't enjoy Oblivion, partly because of the setting/story and boring combat which looks like it's been fixed, but who knows.

I'd have to say, Left 4 Dead for PC. Coop with my friends looks like the most fun I'll have this year.

just 1 game? No can do

Gears of War 2 (Lancer Permium Edition Via Amazon.com)
Fable 2 Premium edition (via Amazon $59.99 sale)
Fallout 3 Collectors Edition (via Amazon.com)
Rise of the Argonaughts (360_
The Last Remnant (360)

Everyone seems to be mentioning Winter titles...

The only Fall titles I'm interested in are Chrono Trigger, Fable 2 and LittleBigPlanet. I can definitely wait for Chrono Trigger to drop in price. Out of the other two, LittleBigPlanet reaches the highest point of excitement for me but I change my mind from thinking it will be great to thinking it'll just be alright.

Little Big Planet. I cant tell you how many games I've played where I wanted a lot more out of the creating and sharing features. A lot of ideas I've had for those games sort of went to waste due to limitations. Hopefully, with LBP, I'll be free to create exactly what I want.

Well, since I already have Fable 2 paid for, the only game I'd even bother with this fall is Metal Slug 7. Why? Because it's simply awesome and full worth the price.

Fallout 3, because I fucking love Fallout.

Though, I just bought Rock Band 2, so I already used my 1 game up. Dammit!

Gears 2.

And I already have bought Force Unleashed, RB2 and VP2, plus I have Fable II, Midnight Club and Saints Row 2 preordered. I'm not going through the same preorder crap I went through with Gears last time, so I'll be picking it up somewhere at midnight.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Umm, maybe Castlevania or Fallout 3? I'm not really feeling too many games this fall. If Project Origin wasn't delayed, I'd say that.[/QUOTE]

That's totally what I was thinking. Project Origin looks like FEAR + Shogo: Mobile Armor Division, so that's basically as good as a sequel can possibly be. We're inundated by shitty FPSes perhaps more than ever now, so getting one that damn good would automatically be my most wanted game of the year.

But at least it's early next year... could be worse.

With Over 200 ENDDINGS Fallout 3 will keep anyone busy for months. It's funny that no one said resistance but you know what if i could pick just one I would have to pick Gears of War 2 just because part one left a lasting impression on me and i think has forced shooters to step their game up. Gears 2 in the game of choice for me.

[quote name='crystalklear64']Probably GTA IV.[/quote]

wow i hope you mean DLC coming to the 360 because if you don't have the game by now thats pretty sad but your will power is amazing lol

[quote name='afilgueirasjr']With Over 200 ENDDINGS Fallout 3 will keep anyone busy for months. It's funny that no one said resistance but you know what if i could pick just one I would have to pick Gears of War 2 just because part one left a lasting impression on me and i think has forced shooters to step their game up. Gears 2 in the game of choice for me.[/QUOTE]

I was just about to post this so one person is going with Resistance 2 because the first one is really the only game I played on my PS3 and enjoyed online. I try to focus on games that have a decent multiplayer experience so I get more play time out of the game instead of focusing on the campaign.

[quote name='Casiotech']I couldn't even finish it, it was boring and repetitive. I could barely play through RE4 twice too but that was leaps and volumes more intense/interesting to me.
[/QUOTE]

I straight up loved it. Played through it in casual and then hardcore at a buddies when it came out as I didn't have a 360 back then.

Picked it up on Goozex this summer having gotten a 360 last fall and played through it on casual by myself and then played through it in hardcore and then insane in co-op with another friend.

Have only played it once or twice online, hard to jump into a community where everyone's been playing for a couple of years. Definitely plan on getting into the online for the second one.

[quote name='afilgueirasjr']wow i hope you mean DLC coming to the 360 because if you don't have the game by now thats pretty sad but your will power is amazing lol[/quote]

Ive lost interest in the DLC now...sick of waiting!

My interest probably will pick up once i know what its going to be :). Not going to download it the first day though, going to see what people say about it.

Chrono Trigger. I know I've played it too hell on the SNES and PS1 but that game is just so fucking good. I can't wait to try out the new dungeon, even if it sucks, as long as have some reason to play that game again.

bread's done
Back