If you had a trillion dollars, ...

Healthcare!

Obviously, as a democrat I would rather help people than kill them (like republicans).

So yes, healthcare, for me and you!

Neither, I'd give the people back their money in a massive tax rebate proportional to what they put into the government...if not a slightly larger rebate for those on the lower end of the spectrum who need the money more.

[quote name='mykevermin']Can I use it to pay off 14% of our national debt?[/QUOTE]

You mean give it to a private Corporation?

Shit if I had to pick between those two choices I'd do a National Healthcare system that would focus on preventative methods and natural cures. This would include studies to validate or discredit previous findings. Pharmaceutical companies would be allowed VERY limited funds from this plan as well.
With the extra money I'd have left over easily I would spend it heavy on Rehabilition as well as giving kids a good education, teaching them to question, not just repeat what they learn ad nauseam.

[quote name='mykevermin']Can I use it to pay off 14% of our national debt?[/quote]

Hell no! Besides, wouldn't it only be 11% of the national debt?

Edit: Also, that would be too good of an use of the money.

[quote name='t0llenz']Neither, I'd give the people back their money in a massive tax rebate proportional to what they put into the government...if not a slightly larger rebate for those on the lower end of the spectrum who need the money more.[/quote]

Correct my math if i'm wrong, but isn't $1 Trillion = 100,000 million? If it is, then that would be something like $330 MILLION person (assuming 303 million people in the US)?* Talk about sudden inflation.

*This math may or may not be correct. It was done with ~20 minutes of sleep in the past 2 days and might be off by a few decimal points or even more
:whee:

[quote name='Sarang01']You mean give it to a private Corporation?[/QUOTE]

...in China, perhaps. We do need to pay that debt off at some point, I hope you realize.

[quote name='mykevermin']...in China, perhaps. We do need to pay that debt off at some point, I hope you realize.[/QUOTE]

I don't mind the debt itself being paid but I don't think the Federal Reserve should get that money.

[quote name='Sarang01']I don't mind the debt itself being paid but I don't think the Federal Reserve should get that money.[/QUOTE]

Whomever we are indebted to should get that money. Whomever we are indebted to will eventually get that money. The sooner they get it back, the fewer profit they'll make in interest payments.

Almost free healthcare (because as soon as something is free, people jump on it even if they don't need it), and I never supported war in Iraq/Afghanistan so yeah...

I'd also pay myself a personal dwarf. Money can buy everything.

War with Iran. Time to put my Command and Conquer RTS skills to good use. Also universal health care simply means everyone gets sucky health care.

[quote name='lilboo']I'd cure Asthma. Yes, Asthma. fuck everything else, Asthma gets no respect what so ever. We are suffering, TOO, people :cry:[/QUOTE]

Sucks to your ass-mar! :lol:

[quote name='thespamofpower']Correct my math if i'm wrong, but isn't $1 Trillion = 100,000 million? If it is, then that would be something like $330 MILLION person (assuming 303 million people in the US)?* Talk about sudden inflation.

*This math may or may not be correct. It was done with ~20 minutes of sleep in the past 2 days and might be off by a few decimal points or even more
:whee:
[/QUOTE]

A trillion is a 1,000 billion, and a billion is 1,000 million, so a trillion is a million millions.

(A million million dollars) / (303 million people)

= (A million dollars) / (303 people)

= ~ $10,000 / 3 people

= $3,333 / person

[quote name='Koggit']

= $3,333 / person[/QUOTE]

AND A NEW CAAAAAAARRRRR!!!!!!

And Dopa, you suck at RTS's.

[quote name='DragonClaw']What kind of question is this? Iran is hardly a threat to the US ,and I am tired of seeing our youth and innocent civilians butchered for no reason. Universal health care, although it has it's limitations is a great concept: No middle man, Everyone covered and even the poorest person can live comfortably knowing that they will not have to pay for a operation that can possibly save their life.[/quote]

It is a veiled question as to whether you'll vote for Candidate #1 or Candidate #2.

Candidate #1 will do his best to have the government take control of another segment of the economy (healthcare).

Candidate #2 will keep us mired in a war with no benefit to the US (Iraq) and start another war with no benefit to the US (Iran).

The question is to keep you from looking at the candidates and being biased by their past or party.

[quote name='mykevermin']...in China, perhaps. We do need to pay that debt off at some point, I hope you realize.[/quote]

No we don't. We will never pay it back. It's not in the best interests of the world economy.

[quote name='daminion']No we don't. We will never pay it back. It's not in the best interests of the world economy.[/quote]

I can't wait for World War III. The enemy will be a group of outsourced debt collectors.

You pay now! You leave the buffet!

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']would you piss it away on national healthcare or a war with Iran?[/quote]
Nationalized healthcare will make it worse, this has been proved over and over. At the same time, we're not at war with Iran. So what's a gal to chose?

[quote name='DragonClaw']What kind of question is this? Iran is hardly a threat to the US ,and I am tired of seeing our youth and innocent civilians butchered for no reason. Universal health care, although it has it's limitations is a great concept: No middle man, Everyone covered and even the poorest person can live comfortably knowing that they will not have to pay for a operation that can possibly save their life.[/quote]

We have this in Canada, it sucks. If it was only 50$ a visit, it would be great. Some people are just here to read the magazines. Oh and what about those who are on financial aid but could and should work? They use our tax money to keep their lazy asses on the couch, why should we give them more free stuff?

[quote name='DesertEagleXIX']I trillion in the US is a billion in Europe. Isn't that crazy?

http://www.jimloy.com/math/billion.htm[/quote]

All this crap messes with my brain...
education time!

In french, in canada:
1-one
1000-one thousand
1 000 000 - a million
1 000 000 - a milliard
1 000 000 000 - billion
1 000 000 000 000 - billiard
and so on...

A properly funded war is > nationalized healthcare.

None of this bullshit "ship oil to US, ship gas back to Iraq" to power our vehicles in Iraq. War would be nice if all the money spent on it was being recycled back into US industries (except for the select few things we'd have to buy while there). But alas it is not so I say screw em both and buy Canada and Baja.

[quote name='N1c0_ds']We have this in Canada, it sucks. If it was only 50$ a visit, it would be great. Some people are just here to read the magazines. Oh and what about those who are on financial aid but could and should work? They use our tax money to keep their lazy asses on the couch, why should we give them more free stuff?[/quote]

That is the downside about nationalized healthcare. Service and quality suck.

However, shitty healthcare for 40 million people is better than no healthcare for 40 million people.

The big trick with nationalized healthcare is how independent healthcare is handled. Will it be a criminal act to see a dentist that refuses to service welfare recipients like it is in Canada or Hillary's wet dream? The dentist has skills and I have money. There is no victim. Where is the crime?

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']
The big trick with nationalized healthcare is how independent healthcare is handled. Will it be a criminal act to see a dentist that refuses to service welfare recipients like it is in Canada or Hillary's wet dream? The dentist has skills and I have money. There is no victim. Where is the crime?[/quote]Wait.

What?

/me would have gone without a lot of shit without universal healthcare.

For the most part, we aren't. If it wasn't for immigration, our population would be dropping.

As would our number of doctors, I think.

Crotch, you're forgetting that Canadian health care is terrible and everyone hates it.

And that anyone who doesn't have money has too many kids, apparently.

[quote name='SpazX']Crotch, you're forgetting that Canadian health care is terrible and everyone hates it.

And that anyone who doesn't have money has too many kids, apparently.[/quote]

Somebody must like it or it would have been done away with.

I understand every Canuck with money goes to the United States for procedures that take years to approve, but somebody in Canada must think their lot is better off with government funded healthcare and the taxes associated with it than healthcare they could get on their own.

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']Somebody must like it or it would have been done away with.

I understand every Canuck with money goes to the United States for procedures that take years to approve, but somebody in Canada must think their lot is better off with government funded healthcare and the taxes associated with it than healthcare they could get on their own.[/quote]

Well I was being sarcastic, but anyway I think the problem that many (middle or lower class) people have in the US with a Canadian-style health care system is that they've been tricked into thinking that if their arm got ripped off there would be a 3-month waiting period to be admitted to the ER.

I doubt most people here would see much of a difference in their health care if a similar health care system was set up, it would just cost them less money.

[quote name='dopa345']War with Iran. Time to put my Command and Conquer RTS skills to good use. Also universal health care simply means everyone gets sucky health care.[/quote]

All you'd really have to do is send 1 Tanya...that's what, $2,000?

fuck that. Just outsource the war to South Korea. GG, ya hasu bitches.

Also, LOVE that avatar. Though I preferred aliens and skeletons, personally.

bread's done
Back