i'm nOTT Wayne Brady, but i'ma have to choke a bitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='6669']Whoa, I haven't seen you in a long time.
[/quote]
Well I'm teaching and taking classes to get my permenant certification.... so I barely have time to sit on my computer.
Luckily I get the next couple weeks off. ^_^

[quote name='AngellicLulu']Too bad I gave them their grades yesterday. But remember I have gifted children, they are usually A or B. I mainly gave A's with a few B's and one C (though he earned a N, bad family situation and just couldn't turn assignments in).[/QUOTE]I envy you a little. I enjoy teaching, only so long as the student wants to be there. It's just so rare I could never consider it a career path. Still, I have dreams of one day opening an alternative school for kids who want to learn.

[quote name='Purple Flames']I failed calculus, and now I have to take it again next semester. Fuck.[/QUOTE]HS or college? If the latter, which level?

[quote name='jmcc']I envy you a little. I enjoy teaching, only so long as the student wants to be there. It's just so rare I could never consider it a career path. Still, I have dreams of one day opening an alternative school for kids who want to learn.[/quote]
I enjoy teaching gifted. Most of the kids want to be there. Of course I still have the hellions that want to torture me. But me being still inexperienced just give them guff back. You wouldn't believe how many times I've heard another student go "Ooooo Teacher Burn." >< Hey, they deserve it.

[quote name='AngellicLulu']I enjoy teaching gifted. Most of the kids want to be there. Of course I still have the hellions that want to torture me. But me being still inexperienced just give them guff back. You wouldn't believe how many times I've heard another student go "Ooooo Teacher Burn." >< Hey, they deserve it.[/QUOTE]I'd totally teach if I could say on the first day "if you do not want to be in this class, go ahead and leave. I'll give you a D and you can have a study hall." and have parents and administrators be cool with that.

[quote name='AngellicLulu']Well I'm teaching and taking classes to get my permenant certification.... so I barely have time to sit on my computer.
Luckily I get the next couple weeks off. ^_^[/QUOTE]
Cool, good to see you back. You should have lots of extra time now ;)

[quote name='shrike4242']Scanned copy of the bonus check is necessary, of course. :D[/quote]
Don't have a scanner, but I do have this...

55% done..

96% done..

99& done..

Forgot to snap a picture of the box at DHL. Oh well. :D

OMG! The Don's MySpace picture now is of some other guy in his lap, pretending to give him head. That guy is a serious attention whore.

attention%20whore.jpg

Speaking of attention whores (and bikes :)) there's this guy that passes me every morning riding his bike to work and he doesnt use his hands. It's a 40 year old dude doing this. I feel like kicking the bike as he's passing me and yell, "USE THE FARKIN' HANDLEBARS DOUCHEBAG!!". I dont know why but it just aggravates me that he does that.

[quote name='Maklershed']Speaking of attention whores (and bikes :)) there's this guy that passes me every morning riding his bike to work and he doesnt use his hands. It's a 40 year old dude doing this. I feel like kicking the bike as he's passing me and yell, "USE THE FARKIN' HANDLEBARS DOUCHEBAG!!". I dont know why but it just aggravates me that he does that.[/QUOTE]
The sad part is, he even posted a bulletin to tell everyone about his gay picture. That will not get you a g/f.

[quote name='dcfox']I read about that today. Of the three, FHM, Maxim and Stuff, FHM was the best.[/QUOTE] Actually it was the worst, but they're all awful.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Actually it was the worst, but they're all awful.[/quote]
You're the worst. :bomb:

But yeah, they're all pretty bad. I usually read them for the jokes and the funny-but-true stories.

All 3 magazines are pretty much the same to me. I love the picture captions in Stuff the most, out of ALL the magazines I get.

Quick Ebay question.

It's been nine business days and eleven days total since one of my auctions ended. The winning bidder has zero feedback and joined on October 29th of '05. I sent him a message on the tenth asking him if he mailed a check. So far I've received zero communications from him.

Is this the type of thing where if I don't hear back from him on Saturday I can offer my item secoond chance to another bidder and leave negative feedback. Or do I have to go through the whole unpaid item thing on Ebay, which could take another few weeks?

I don't have mad ebay experience so I'm not sure what exact path to take. I'm thinking of sending him another meessage asking him to write me back by saturday or else if I haven't received payment I might take some action.

[quote name='6669']OMG! The Don's MySpace picture now is of some other guy in his lap, pretending to give him head. That guy is a serious attention whore.[/quote]Link. Now.

Edit: 40 posts/page GET!

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']Quick Ebay question.

It's been nine business days and eleven days total since one of my auctions ended. The winning bidder has zero feedback and joined on October 29th of '05. I sent him a message on the tenth asking him if he mailed a check. So far I've received zero communications from him.

Is this the type of thing where if I don't hear back from him on Saturday I can offer my item secoond chance to another bidder and leave negative feedback. Or do I have to go through the whole unpaid item thing on Ebay, which could take another few weeks?

I don't have mad ebay experience so I'm not sure what exact path to take. I'm thinking of sending him another meessage asking him to write me back by saturday or else if I haven't received payment I might take some action.[/QUOTE]

Ackbar, you should have second chanced it after 7 days, or given the second chance buyer a heads up that he might get a shot. Chances are, after 10 days, the second chance guy may no longer be interested.

I know it sounds shitty, but try to avoid leaving the guy negative feedback... I usually just go through the unpaid item dispute and give the guy a strike, and I don't have to worry about retailitory feedback, and also because negative feedback for the buyer is stupid, nobody cares about it. A strike is enough, and if he retailitates, it just makes you look bad (because chances are he will).

You can explain the negative but it's still on there at like 98.5% positive feedback or something.

The unpaid item process takes 8 days from start to finish if he dosen't answer, and you'll get your final value fees back at which time you can relist.

It's really up to you at this point, but I don't know shit about second chance offers since my stuff is always BIN.

If you don't hear from someone after 3 days on Ebay they aren't paying, which is a general rule of thumb. If I don't hear back from them in 3 days, I email them asking what's up, after 5 days I let them know I will be opening a NPB dispute on the 7th day.

11 days total is FAR too long to wait for someone.

I would either second chance the item now or start opening a dispute, I believe you can only do one or the other. Don't wait until Saturday, do it now.

In other news, had another successful K-Mart haul today, just need to find two more Nightmare's before I can take that and Ape Escape 3 to Rhino to get more games $50 games for $7.50 out of pocket.

The problem is, I've gotten EVERY 360 game I'm interested in at this point since I've used their deal so much, and DS games are excluded =/

Not sure if there are any $50 PS2 games I don't have that I want.

[quote name='Roufuss']In other news, had another successful K-Mart haul today, just need to find two more Nightmare's before I can take that and Ape Escape 3 to Rhino to get more games $50 games for $7.50 out of pocket.

The problem is, I've gotten EVERY 360 game I'm interested in at this point since I've used their deal so much, and DS games are excluded =/

Not sure if there are any $50 PS2 games I don't have that I want.[/quote]

I'm planning to go to K-Mart on Saturday to get the $36 XBL gold bundle.

[quote name='MorbidAngel4Life']I'm planning to go to K-Mart on Saturday to get the $36 XBL gold bundle.[/QUOTE]

That's one thing I haven't seen yet, and I've been to 5 or so K-Mart's already (and another 3 tommorrow).

Now that school is done for me I *finally* can get the drop on everyone else, and it feels so good

[quote name='Roufuss']That's one thing I haven't seen yet, and I've been to 5 or so K-Mart's already (and another 3 tommorrow).[/quote]You could just order it off of buy.com and use Google Checkout rather than go searching around for it.

Damn they didn't have any Soul Calibur 2's at the EB near me. I need to find a deal on that and Conker soon.

Also will probably get Buffy as well.

[quote name='s1eepinglionhart']Awww. The delusion that Maklershed was my new hero has been dispelled.

And here I was, ready to give him a sturdy huzzah...[/quote]

Why did I lose new hero status?

I hate random encounters in Earthbound Zero.Too many weak monsters that I just kill in one hit for little experience. Why can't it be like Earthbound for the Snes where everyone just runs away.

[quote name='Roufuss']That's one thing I haven't seen yet, and I've been to 5 or so K-Mart's already (and another 3 tommorrow).

Now that school is done for me I *finally* can get the drop on everyone else, and it feels so good[/quote]

Well, I live in K-Mart country, so :p

Also, I just found out, Dick Enberg was born in Armada, which I used to live in. That's cool as hell:

Enberg attended a small-town high school, Armada High School, and was responsible for the naming of the yearbook, the Regit (Tiger spelled backwards), a name it has to this day.

so i talked to another mechanic (lionhart's dad) about this shit that's going on with my car. he agrees that the brakes should've been looked at as part of the inspection/evaluation before work started since they're part of he car that was involved with the accident. he gave me to contact info for the state Dept of Motor Vehicle's Consumer Affairs Bureau and he said I can use him as a reference when dealing with that shit

[quote name='LiquidNight']You could just order it off of buy.com and use Google Checkout rather than go searching around for it.[/QUOTE]

Um... then it's not $3.50.

The point is I need it for $3.50, I don't want to play the piece of shit game, I want to flip it for huge amounts of credit ;)

Casey, if you have any pawn shops check there for Conker, many places here have it for $10 and under. I'm gonna pick up Shenmue 2 at EB tommorrow for like $5.50 after Edge and sell my Dreamcast import (goes for $50 or so on Ebay).

Tons of people sold a ton of Xbox that weren't BC... I see Conker alot at $6 - $10.

[quote name='MorbidAngel4Life']Well, I live in K-Mart country, so :p
[/QUOTE]

I've got 9 or 10 K-Marts within 30 minutes of me.

I win ;)

[quote name='CaseyRyback']Damn they didn't have any Soul Calibur 2's at the EB near me. I need to find a deal on that and Conker soon.

Also will probably get Buffy as well.[/quote]
That's an odd selection of games. Any reason why you're getting those in particular?

I ended up sending amessage telling the winner that if I don't hear from him by noon tomorrow or receive payment I'll assume he isn't bidding and offer it to another bidder.

I tried to message one of the other bidders butthere seems to be a quirk with ebay where if I try to send her a message it'll automatically try to send a second chance offer with it. So I'll just send it tomorrow. And if they aren't interested I'll do the upaid item dispute to remove the fees and relist it later.

In o0tyher news, I got my two knit caps from lids and the Macross collection from robotech.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back