Inception (FYE, USA & Future Shop, Canada) Blu-ray SteelBook - 12/7/10

iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
United States

:br: Inception (Best Buy Exclusive) (Scrolling Script) (2010) (Blu-ray Disc)

1570331.jpg

Price: $34.99
Sale Price: $29.99
Available for Store Pickup & Free Ground Shipping (USPS Media Mail)
BestBuy.com

:br: Inception (FYE Exclusive SteelBook) (2010) (Blu-ray)

Price: $39.99
Sale Price: $32.99
Member Price: $29.69
Free Budget Shipping (USPS Media Mail)
Mail-in Rebate: $7.00
SKU # 400302767869
FYE.com

2010-10-25171240.jpg

Credit to RyRyMcNizzy13 (Blu-ray.com Forum)

:br: Inception (Warner Bros. Exclusive) (BD/DVD Briefcase Gift Set) (2010) (Blu-ray)

Price: $499.95
Sale Price: $49.95
Free Ground Shipping (UPS Super Saver Shipping)
WBShop.com

inwbdvdbdbc_l.jpg

Canada

:br: Inception (Future Shop Exclusive SteelBook) (2010) (Blu-ray)

Price: $34.99 CAD
Sale Price: $29.99 CAD
Available for Store Pickup & Free Ground Shipping (CanadaPost Ground Shipping)
SKU #: m2185423
FutureShop.ca

large

[quote name='Brana'][FONT=Verdana, Arial]This one is confirmed and we have a graphic to share as well. Preorder should be going up fairly shortly as we just got the go-ahead to post this up. This will be a combo disc Bluray release. Thanks[/FONT][/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Hmm... does anyone have Bypass Membership?[/QUOTE]

Right here...

[quote name='shrike4242']No mention of the $7 rebate on the website link.[/QUOTE]

I don't think that the website allows for rebates anymore. I remember ordering movies from the website and to get the rebates you pretty much had to destroy the cases for the UPCs so they may have stopped.

Anyone have an opinion on whether it's worth importing the UK edition of the Briefcase special edition? It appears to be identical to the US version aside from the DVD/Digital Copies being a different region. Amazon.co.uk is still selling it ... would it be worth grabbing a copy to keep and a copy to sell or do you guys think the value is only in the US version since it's "sold out"? Any thoughts?

I just pre-ordered the briefcase from Amazon.co.uk. It should work here but if it doesn't, I'll just buy a R1 later.

It's listed as £29.99 but when I added it to the cart, it came to £25.52 which is around $40.

[quote name='BungleNoMore']I just pre-ordered the briefcase from Amazon.co.uk. It should work here but if it doesn't, I'll just buy a R1 later.

It's listed as £29.99 but when I added it to the cart, it came to £25.52 which is around $40.[/QUOTE]

I don't believe the briefcase ed. contains a Steelbook copy though, otherwise that would be a no brainer for me.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I don't believe the briefcase ed. contains a Steelbook copy though, otherwise that would be a no brainer for me.[/QUOTE]

The only trouble I had was the Best Buy oy FYE one.

[quote name='etcrane']Anyone have an opinion on whether it's worth importing the UK edition of the Briefcase special edition? It appears to be identical to the US version aside from the DVD/Digital Copies being a different region.[/QUOTE]

And the presence of the comic book in the US one.

My Inception Briefcase set shipped earlier today - scheduled for Monday delivery, which is the day before the actual release date. Pretty awesome.

By the way, my "order has shipped" email displays the full $49.95 as my order total, but when I checked my credit card activity, the discounted $44.95 was charged.

I preordered the steelbook from FYE the other day. They said they will probably be giving out inception posters as well. I wish I had the money to import the briefcase edition, but I do have a $70 FYE giftcard. :)

[quote name='SSJMies']My Inception Briefcase set shipped earlier today - scheduled for Monday delivery, which is the day before the actual release date. Pretty awesome.

By the way, my "order has shipped" email displays the full $49.95 as my order total, but when I checked my credit card activity, the discounted $44.95 was charged.[/QUOTE]

exact same scenario for me.

Pretty excited to get it a day before release :D

my inception uk briefcase edition shipped today from amazon.co.uk... of course to get to the middle of the US it's going to take a good week - 10 days...

Argh, I preordered fye steelbook online on Monday since all the fye stores around me are far from me but today I received an email stating that my steelbook is now in backorder.

[quote name='SSJMies']My Inception Briefcase set shipped earlier today - scheduled for Monday delivery, which is the day before the actual release date. Pretty awesome.

By the way, my "order has shipped" email displays the full $49.95 as my order total, but when I checked my credit card activity, the discounted $44.95 was charged.[/QUOTE]

Mine too. Can't wait. Pre-ordered the FYE steelbook as well to put into it and sell off the one it comes with.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']I'm late for the steelbook game! Does anyone have Backstage Pass Membership to share with me?[/QUOTE]

If you have an FYE why don't you just go for the $25 a year membership? I've gotten my money back and then some from it with the rebates.

I don't believe the Best Buy exclusive is a steelbook. It looks to contain a book of the shooting script with written plot points by Christopher Nolan.

So which stores has Steelbook and for how much.... sorry if this has been covered over and over already.... Fye? Not Best Buy... Is Briefcase one completely sold out. Help?

Got my briefcase set today from WB when I was home for lunch. Nice set! Not thrilled with the way it was packaged though (no padding or anything) but appears to be damage free.

[quote name='SuperJedi']So which stores has Steelbook and for how much.... sorry if this has been covered over and over already.... Fye? Not Best Buy... Is Briefcase one completely sold out. Help?[/QUOTE]

US - Steelbook at FYE
US - Briefcase at WB Shop sold out

Its $32.99 right now or $29.69 for membership, you also get $7 Mail-In Rebate, this brings down to $25.99 ($22.69 member). If you pm to Target for $17.99 with $7 MIR, then $10.99 is a steal! YMMV

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Its $32.99 right now or $29.69 for membership, you also get $7 Mail-In Rebate, this brings down to $25.99 ($22.69 member). If you pm to Target for $17.99 with $7 MIR, then $10.99 is a steal! YMMV[/QUOTE]

I'm gonna throw it out there when I go into FYE today but if they don't wanna match it (I'll even settle for them matching it after the rebate) then I'm just gonna cancel it. Since I still get an employee discount at Target I can't bring myself to spend almost an extra 10% on getting a steelbook, even if it is my favorite movie of the year.

Yeah for < $10 I can deal but for over $10 more Hell no. If after rebate(although I don't like mailin anymore) it's not worth it and while steelbook is cool but overrateeed. So, simply put NO more than $10 over.

I know it's a long shot and it's been said that the BB version is not a steelbook but can anyone confirm this if you've gone to BB already this morning. Thanks.

BB version is not a Steelbook. Its just a standard version with different artcover & a scrolling script. You can buy them separately at Amazon.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']BB version is not a Steelbook. Its just a standard version with different artcover & a scrolling script. You can buy them separately at Amazon.[/QUOTE]

I didn't want to have to line up right at opening to get one. If anyone knows about whether it's a steelbook or not, you'd be the one. Thanks!

[quote name='mrhappi79']I didn't want to have to line up right at opening to get one. If anyone knows about whether it's a steelbook or not, you'd be the one. Thanks![/QUOTE]
Didn't pinoy just answer this?

Can someone post the picture of the steelbook at Fye please. I want see what it looks like. The first OP didn`t help.

[quote name='Vader582']Didn't pinoy just answer this?[/QUOTE]

Yes, my grammar was a little off. If you read it again, you'll see that I was thanking him for the information.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Where do you find the mail in rebate from FYE? Do the email it to you, I can't seem to find it on the product page.[/QUOTE]
In-store only. It printed on the secondary receipt.

bread's done
Back