Inception (FYE, USA & Future Shop, Canada) Blu-ray SteelBook - 12/7/10

iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
United States

:br: Inception (Best Buy Exclusive) (Scrolling Script) (2010) (Blu-ray Disc)

1570331.jpg

Price: $34.99
Sale Price: $29.99
Available for Store Pickup & Free Ground Shipping (USPS Media Mail)
BestBuy.com

:br: Inception (FYE Exclusive SteelBook) (2010) (Blu-ray)

Price: $39.99
Sale Price: $32.99
Member Price: $29.69
Free Budget Shipping (USPS Media Mail)
Mail-in Rebate: $7.00
SKU # 400302767869
FYE.com

2010-10-25171240.jpg

Credit to RyRyMcNizzy13 (Blu-ray.com Forum)

:br: Inception (Warner Bros. Exclusive) (BD/DVD Briefcase Gift Set) (2010) (Blu-ray)

Price: $499.95
Sale Price: $49.95
Free Ground Shipping (UPS Super Saver Shipping)
WBShop.com

inwbdvdbdbc_l.jpg

Canada

:br: Inception (Future Shop Exclusive SteelBook) (2010) (Blu-ray)

Price: $34.99 CAD
Sale Price: $29.99 CAD
Available for Store Pickup & Free Ground Shipping (CanadaPost Ground Shipping)
SKU #: m2185423
FutureShop.ca

large

[quote name='Brana'][FONT=Verdana, Arial]This one is confirmed and we have a graphic to share as well. Preorder should be going up fairly shortly as we just got the go-ahead to post this up. This will be a combo disc Bluray release. Thanks[/FONT][/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
Went to Fye... very disappointed... The cover is Ugly so I am either trying to score the Briefcase or get it at Target or Best Buy

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Its $32.99 right now or $29.69 for membership, you also get $7 Mail-In Rebate, this brings down to $25.99 ($22.69 member). If you pm to Target for $17.99 with $7 MIR, then $10.99 is a steal! YMMV[/QUOTE]

Holy cow, $32.99? They told me the steelbook was $27.99.

I'll try to price match tho. Does FYE even do price matches?

I cant pay nearly double for a metal blu ray case.

[quote name='SuperJedi']Went to Fye... very disappointed... The cover is Ugly so I am either trying to score the Briefcase or get it at Target or Best Buy[/QUOTE]

What do you mean by ugly? You didn't like the style of the cover, or was the cover resolution somehow less than standard?

I don't like the picture. It may work for one style of poster, but without any actors on the cover just no good to me.

Look at the $17.99 ones at Target, it's got a pretty cool 3D effect. Why the hell pay $14 or so more? Just cuz it's steelbook is not enough of a reason. It has to also look as good.

Hey linkinprime, I received an email from fye letting me know that my online order is in backorder. So you might want to double check with fye.com status order.

[quote name='david12795']did anyone buy theirs at the wellington mall? i called them and they said they only got the regular version.[/QUOTE]

Dayum that sucks. IDK, I'll let u know if I find one at the Boynton or Boca malls.

Did u preorder?

Also, does the wellington mall have an FYE or is it a Sam Goody? I haven't been there in a while.

[quote name='ecwfan']I preordered the steelbook at FYE, but didn't get a rebate form. Any ideas of how I can get one?[/QUOTE]

Did you buy on-line or in-store?

If you bought in-store, you don't get the rebate information until you make you finalize your purchase.

I don't think the rebates are available anymore for on-line orders. If you buy in-store you get a seperate receipt with the rebate info on it. As I have said before in this thread that when FYE.com was doing the rebates you pretty much had to tear up the case(s) for the UPC to submit with the rebate form. When the rebates are available when you buy in-store, you just have to submit the label that has the price and UPC # on the case with the rebate receipt (you get 2 receipts). When you place an order on-line and there is a rebate, you would be able to print out the rebate form for the particular item you purchased and submit it once you receive your order. I have not seen this for quite some time now which makes me think they stopped it for on-line purchases.

My local FYE had a total of 2 copies. I bought one and then the employee was waiting till the end of the day and was going to buy it if no one else came in. Didn't get the offer for the $7 rebate but not too worried about it.

And all the combo packs come with the lenticular (3d effect) slipcover.

The BB exclusive comes with a slipbox with the slipcover inside same with the WB briefcase.

Argh!!! I canceled my online order since it was backordered and I was able to get the steelbook at the store (no rebate form can I call and request one?) and now it seems my order still went through so I will be having two copies. If anyone is interested in one pm me.

[quote name='ryosnk']Argh!!! I canceled my online order since it was backordered and I was able to get the steelbook at the store (no rebate form can I call and request one?) and now it seems my order still went through so I will be having two copies. If anyone is interested in one pm me.[/QUOTE]

Why don't you keep the one you bought and return the one your getting to the store?

[quote name='ryosnk']Argh!!! I canceled my online order since it was backordered and I was able to get the steelbook at the store (no rebate form can I call and request one?) and now it seems my order still went through so I will be having two copies. If anyone is interested in one pm me.[/QUOTE]

I tried but your box is full...

Does anyone know these Digital Copies will eventually come to PSP format in the future?

I don't have any compatible portable devices except PSP, and also DS, plus Disney player... :(

[quote name='Taco5']Did you buy on-line or in-store?

If you bought in-store, you don't get the rebate information until you make you finalize your purchase.

I don't think the rebates are available anymore for on-line orders. If you buy in-store you get a seperate receipt with the rebate info on it. As I have said before in this thread that when FYE.com was doing the rebates you pretty much had to tear up the case(s) for the UPC to submit with the rebate form. When the rebates are available when you buy in-store, you just have to submit the label that has the price and UPC # on the case with the rebate receipt (you get 2 receipts). When you place an order on-line and there is a rebate, you would be able to print out the rebate form for the particular item you purchased and submit it once you receive your order. I have not seen this for quite some time now which makes me think they stopped it for on-line purchases.[/QUOTE]

I bought it in store. It looks like some others here didn't get the rebate form either. Perhaps it's a regional thing?

I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but there was some confusion with my preorder. My store got 6 copies in and I wasn't one of the 6. However, the store manager allowed me to purchase one one of the 6 since my preorder was earlier than the others. He had difficulty in ringing up the transaction, so I'm wondering if this is why the rebate didn't print out at the end of the transaction.

[quote name='ecwfan']I bought it in store. It looks like some others here didn't get the rebate form either. Perhaps it's a regional thing?

I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but there was some confusion with my preorder. My store got 6 copies in and I wasn't one of the 6. However, the store manager allowed me to purchase one one of the 6 since my preorder was earlier than the others. He had difficulty in ringing up the transaction, so I'm wondering if this is why the rebate didn't print out at the end of the transaction.[/QUOTE]

Just go back have have them give you a reprint of your receipt. There are always 3 copies of the receipt when a rebate is involved. One will say "customer receipt", one will say "rebate receipt" and one will be the receipt that has the info on it for submitting the rebate.

[quote name='kyrhon']Do the FYE and Best Buy editions come with that totem?[/QUOTE]
No, its a sticker you take a picture of and text the picture to a number. You then get a code to enter for hidden features on the disk.

thank you xage!

I've been hoping someone would take pictures of the steelbook because I wanted to see how it looked.

the briefcase is really nice, I just don't know how to display it :p

Thanks xage, that FYE steelbook looks super :drool:...glad I picked two up. Also, I couldn't resist and ordered the briefcase from Amazon.co.uk, I'll probably eBay the UK Blu-Ray and keep the goodies.

I have not picked up my steelbook yet but is it DVD or Blu-ray sized?Curious to see if I need to modify my briefcase for it.

[quote name='Taco5']I have not picked up my steelbook yet but is it DVD or Blu-ray sized?Curious to see if I need to modify my briefcase for it.[/QUOTE]

It's bluray sized.

I ordered the briefcase version from amazon.co.uk. I couldn't help myself. It looks really freaking cool. I just have a quick question it might have been answered already but does the uk version play on american players?

I picked up my 2 copies of the FYE steebook tonight. Apparently there is no rebate for this as I posted earlier in this thread. I questioned this when the receipts were printed out and mentioned that one of the managers showed me the book where it showed $34.99/$27.99 after MIR. When I told this to the manager on duty tonight he said that they never should have showed me the price guide. It seems that FYE may be phasing out the rebates. Management really did not give a reason. Getting the 10% off is sweet but the rebates made it sweeter. With all the confusion over this and being a regular/loyal customer he gave me one steelbook for $20.13 after taxes. The other steelbook I got for $18.31. I had a 15% off coupon plus my usual 10% off.

232323232%7Ffp633%3A7%3Enu%3D334%3B%3E269%3E2%3C5%3E243%3C2693%3B6258ot1lsi

[quote name='Taco5']I picked up my 2 copies of the FYE steebook tonight. Apparently there is no rebate for this as I posted earlier in this thread. I questioned this when the receipts were printed out and mentioned that one of the managers showed me the book where it showed $34.99/$27.99 after MIR. When I told this to the manager on duty tonight he said that they never should have showed me the price guide. It seems that FYE may be phasing out the rebates. Management really did not give a reason. Getting the 10% off is sweet but the rebates made it sweeter. With all the confusion over this and being a regular/loyal customer he gave me one steelbook for $20.13 after taxes. The other steelbook I got for $18.31. I had a 15% off coupon plus my usual 10% off.

232323232%7Ffp633%3A7%3Enu%3D334%3B%3E269%3E2%3C5%3E243%3C2693%3B6258ot1lsi
[/QUOTE]

I recieved a rebate form that clearly listed Inception (Steelbook) as well as Shrek. It's a $5 MIR and was stickered on the SB as 27.99 after MIR

[quote name='laserdogg']I recieved a rebate form that clearly listed Inception (Steelbook) as well as Shrek. It's a $5 MIR and was stickered on the SB as 27.99 after MIR[/QUOTE]

Hmmm... Maybe a regional thing. I made out better the way it turned out so I'm happy. :bouncy:

I was looking through ebay this morning (my usual routine) and came across why all the briefcases from WB sold out so quickly! All in the name of greed. I'm all for making a couple extra bucks on things but I don't look to finance my holiday shopping either! Just my .02

Someone actually has the nutsack to have a "Buy It Now" or "Best Offer" for $1,000.00! But with the free shipping it's a steal! :lol:
http://cgi.ebay.com/INCEPTION-BLU-R...?pt=US_DVD_HD_DVD_Blu_ray&hash=item27b7264a49

On-going:
http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_tr...inception+briefcase&_sacat=See-All-Categories

Completed:
http://completed.shop.ebay.com/i.html?rt=nc&LH_PrefLoc=2&LH_Complete=1&_nkw=inception%20briefcase&_dmpt=US_DVD_HD_DVD_Blu_ray&_fln=1&_trksid=p3286.c0.m283&_rdc=1

Sometimes the Gods do smile down on me. While I was out shopping tonight I was at Target and saw the flyer for this past week (I did not get one last weekend) and saw that they had the "Inception" combo pack for $17.99. Since I still had the "Inception" Best Buy exclusive receipt in my wallet I figured I'd have a go at PMing the Target price. Long story short I had originally got the 10% off with code (this morning) plus the PM from Target (this evening). To make things even better I had listed the Blu-ray combo pack from the BB exclusive on Half.com this morning and that sold tonight for $19.99.

$28.61 (Final price after 10% discount and tax)
then
$19.19 (Final price after Target PM and tax)
then
$19.99 (Sold on Half.com)

So pretty much got the shooting script for nothing. Been a pretty good week for me "Inception" wise between Best Buy, Target and FYE. :bouncy:

bread's done
Back