Inception (FYE, USA & Future Shop, Canada) Blu-ray SteelBook - 12/7/10

iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
United States

:br: Inception (Best Buy Exclusive) (Scrolling Script) (2010) (Blu-ray Disc)

1570331.jpg

Price: $34.99
Sale Price: $29.99
Available for Store Pickup & Free Ground Shipping (USPS Media Mail)
BestBuy.com

:br: Inception (FYE Exclusive SteelBook) (2010) (Blu-ray)

Price: $39.99
Sale Price: $32.99
Member Price: $29.69
Free Budget Shipping (USPS Media Mail)
Mail-in Rebate: $7.00
SKU # 400302767869
FYE.com

2010-10-25171240.jpg

Credit to RyRyMcNizzy13 (Blu-ray.com Forum)

:br: Inception (Warner Bros. Exclusive) (BD/DVD Briefcase Gift Set) (2010) (Blu-ray)

Price: $499.95
Sale Price: $49.95
Free Ground Shipping (UPS Super Saver Shipping)
WBShop.com

inwbdvdbdbc_l.jpg

Canada

:br: Inception (Future Shop Exclusive SteelBook) (2010) (Blu-ray)

Price: $34.99 CAD
Sale Price: $29.99 CAD
Available for Store Pickup & Free Ground Shipping (CanadaPost Ground Shipping)
SKU #: m2185423
FutureShop.ca

large

[quote name='Brana'][FONT=Verdana, Arial]This one is confirmed and we have a graphic to share as well. Preorder should be going up fairly shortly as we just got the go-ahead to post this up. This will be a combo disc Bluray release. Thanks[/FONT][/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
All of the extras seem like something I'll look at once and then never again, especially since the Blu is supposed to have a motion comic version of the Cobol job anyway. Cool case, but I'll stick with a good release week price.

SMODCAST doesn't seem to work on it anymore.

Anyways, I missed Inception in theaters, so blind buy for me because I am a sucker for limited packaging.

[quote name='Penguin1084']stupid question time... for those of you that ordered, is it showing in your order history?

I ordered it and got the order confirmation email, but its not showing in my order history..[/QUOTE]

Took me a few minutes to an hour (wasn't exactly keeping track), but mine now shows in the order history.

[quote name='blueweltall']How do you cancel your order from the wbshop? I am having seconds thought about it now.[/QUOTE]

Order History -> View which order you want to cancel.
Scroll to the bottom and click Contact Customer Service.
Select Cancel Order in the drop down and fill out the other fields.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Whoa, I had a coupon in my cart that's supposed to take $5 off WB archive dvd's and it's working on this set! I also have free shipping without adding anything else. my total with tax is $49.39

Try these codes and see if they work for you:

SMODCAST
FREESHIP[/QUOTE]

Thanks a lot. Went ahead and ordered. Haven't been charged yet, but we'll see.

[quote name='Penguin1084']shot CS an email... very odd that it happened.[/QUOTE]

They are not very quick on returning e-mail inquiries. I contacted them 2 days ago and have not heard anything back!

[quote name='ssjmichael']Whoa, I had a coupon in my cart that's supposed to take $5 off WB archive dvd's and it's working on this set! I also have free shipping without adding anything else. my total with tax is $49.39

Try these codes and see if they work for you:

SMODCAST
FREESHIP[/QUOTE]

Just put in my order and the 2nd code worked for me. So glad I held out and didn't have to order from the UK. Every bit of saving helps! Thanks.

[quote name='shiveringmelody']Just put in my order and the 2nd code worked for me. So glad I held out and didn't have to order from the UK. Every bit of saving helps! Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Ditto. I'd cancelled my UK order figuring I didn't need the extras and was gonna save the $$$. But then with $5 off, and the free shipping, I broke down and re-ordered from WB.

NOTE TO ALL: CAUTION with WB ONLINE!!! I loved the site when it first opened. Got SEVERAL good deals and was happy with their service. But the service seemed to change after a time, and service went downhill. My pre-order of the Ocean's Eleven - Thirteen Box Set on blu hadn't shipped two weeks after release date, and they were in-stores EVERYWHERE. I called them (no online cancellation at that point), and a gentleman took my cancellation. A month passed, and FORTUNATELY I still hadn't bought the box set, because what shows up one day? The box set I'd cancelled. Might be isolated, but these guys worry me a little. :(

That said, for a 2000 item, our site or bust for the best price I've seen... I'll give them another go. After all, I'm not planning to cancel THIS order. ;)

Oh, and BOTH codes worked for me!!! Thanks guys!!!

The briefcase edition is gone from the WB site now:

WE'RE SORRY, BUT THE INCEPTION BRIEFCASE BLU-RAY / DVD GIFT SET IS SOLD OUT, AND NO MORE ARE AVAILABLE. TO PURCHASE THE STANDARD BLU-RAY / DVD / DIGITAL COPY COMBO, CLICK HERE. TO PURCHASE THE STANDARD EDITION INCEPTION DVD, CLICK HERE.

[quote name='Taco5']WOW, that was fast. Glad I ordered 2.[/QUOTE]
damnit!

any chance you're willing to part with the second one to a person who wants it as an actual fan and not a flipper ;p

[quote name='Mr. Spinnington']damnit!

any chance you're willing to part with the second one to a person who wants it as an actual fan and not a flipper ;p[/QUOTE]

Sorry but the second one is a Christmas gift for my Bro-in-Law.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='david12795']preordered the steelbook at my local FYE today and i got a free popcorn. wtf?[/QUOTE]

LOL! Free is free...

I haven't gotten to my FYE yet. Did they have a final price? Any rebate?

For those that have already been charged, my situation was such that they took the amount of my order and put it on hold for about 24 hours after placing my order, then released the hold. Perhaps that might be the situation here?

[quote name='shrike4242']BB steelbook has dropped in price to $29.99.[/QUOTE]

Where did you see this was a steelbook???

[quote name='Taco5']Where did you see this was a steelbook???[/QUOTE]I'm assuming it is, like the last "exclusive" they did with V Season 1.

I won't know until someone picks it up in-store and snaps pictures of it.

So with the UK Briefcase edition, I'm reading that the Blu-ray will definitely be Region Free because it's a Warner release, however the DVD will most likely be Region 2 encoded? Is this correct and also, will this have any impact on the Digital Copy (I don't think it would, but I could be wrong)?

[quote name='shrike4242']I'm assuming it is, like the last "exclusive" they did with V Season 1.

I won't know until someone picks it up in-store and snaps pictures of it.[/QUOTE]

i heard its not a steelbook but will come with a bonus disk at BB

According to @twelpforce (Best Buy's Twitter Customer Service App), the Best Buy exclusive that is currently on the BBY website is not a Steelbook

My tweet: @twelpforce Is the Best Buy exclusive version of Inception a Bluray Steelbook? SKU: 1570331 - Link: http://$$$$$$$/dVt0vx

Twelpforce: @blazsox http://$$$$$$$/e90oMz I haven't come across anything stating that it is a steelbook Blu-ray. via @Agent3012

Now whether or not that means anything is all on how you take it. The twelpforce doesn't always necessarily give the best answers, but from my experience they have normally been right.

Fye version is now online for preorder @$34.99... picture shows its the same as the fs Canada one

http://www.fye.com/Inception--f-y-e--Exclusive-Steelbook--Front-Page_stcVVproductId121433551VVcatId455366VVviewprod.htm

damn i do like that steelbok, but do you think BB will come out with a steelbook even though the one up for pre-order might not be a steel?

bread's done
Back