Indiana Deals Thread

I may swing past Family Video off on Goshen. It's just a few miles from my work...so I can make the rounds at lunch.

Hey, anyone on here have a Gamecube for sale? I'm looking for one cheap for my brother for Christmas. He sold his xbox and has no console...poor fella.

Zip- thanks for the info... may check it out.

(YES, I know my location, but my cheap ass goes to Evansville quite often.)

-Sailorneorune

P.S. Go to Book Broker. :)

Target near glenbrook has some games hidden on an endcap.
Face the electronics counter from the front, turn left, head to the wall, they're on the 2nd cap on the left. They have Half-Life 2, several PSP games, and a couple of misc GC games all for half off discount price.

I didn't have my pda so I didn't catch all the prices. I think the PSP stuff was marked 18.99 and would be half off that. I think HL2 was 26.

[quote name='arbiter']Target near glenbrook has some games hidden on an endcap.
Face the electronics counter from the front, turn left, head to the wall, they're on the 2nd cap on the left. They have Half-Life 2, several PSP games, and a couple of misc GC games all for half off discount price.

I didn't have my pda so I didn't catch all the prices. I think the PSP stuff was marked 18.99 and would be half off that. I think HL2 was 26.[/QUOTE]

i was going to check target today.. but didnt go , maybe tomorrow

[quote name='arbiter']Target near glenbrook has some games hidden on an endcap.

I didn't have my pda so I didn't catch all the prices. I think the PSP stuff was marked 18.99 and would be half off that. I think HL2 was 26.[/QUOTE]I've notced that endcap for years now. Too bad, I don't have a PSP yet to take advantage of these deals.:(

yea i found them BUT the prices are still the same as there been 2-3 weeks ago

darkstalkers 14.99

and the rest of the PSP 14.99 to 19.99 Im going to hit them back up monday or tueseday to see if the prices came down. all of the DS stuff is gone besides 2 feel the love for 14.99 and one FFTA for 15

ABOUT SEARS PRICE MATCH THE AD MISPRINT

I was able to pricematch it at Best buy Got 2 for 30
and
I was able to price match it at Sears got 2 for 30

Number left

Best buy at northcrest is sold out. There has 5 of them but as soon as the person behind me saw that i got 2 for 30 they went back and grabbed the other 3

Sears had 3 left at 11am est

I got one for myself 1 for my cousin xmas present and 2 up for trades

The Sam Goody in College Mall in Bloomington had a ton of $9 games there earlier this week. Ones I remember:

Street Fighter Anniversary Collection (PS2)
Astro Boy Omega Factor
Boktai
Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb (Xbox)
Counter-Strike
Brothers in Arms: Road to Hill 30 (Think I got the last one though)

There were many others though.

You Fort Wayne guys need to get up to Kendallville and check out the Kendallville Pawn Shop. It's right on main street, just north of the railroad tracks. They've got tons of games and lots of cheap systems too. Definitely worth the 30 min drive.

And you lafayette guys, don't forget the OTHER Gamerush in town (south of Purdue campus) I stop in there every now and then and always seem to find good stuff.

As far as game eXchange, they're a great store, don't forget that they have a Kokomo location too (also a game crazy and EB down there too).

[quote name='DrUnkAgAIn']The Sam Goody in College Mall in Bloomington had a ton of $9 games there earlier this week. Ones I remember:

Street Fighter Anniversary Collection (PS2)
Astro Boy Omega Factor
Boktai
Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb (Xbox)
Counter-Strike
Brothers in Arms: Road to Hill 30 (Think I got the last one though)

There were many others though.[/QUOTE]

Yes, they had a quality selection, they did! I grabbed a copy of Xenosaga 2 myself and Astro Boy. I'm heading back over there in a few hours to check the rest of the stock.

If anybody really, really wants I'll make a list of what they have. Just specify what titles you would like or what system and I'll list like there's no tomorrow.

[quote name='Kapwanil']Yes, they had a quality selection, they did! I grabbed a copy of Xenosaga 2 myself and Astro Boy. I'm heading back over there in a few hours to check the rest of the stock.

If anybody really, really wants I'll make a list of what they have. Just specify what titles you would like or what system and I'll list like there's no tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Hot! I'll go there now. I was waiting for xenosaga 2 to drop below 10 bucks. ^_^

[quote name='zola']Hot! I'll go there now. I was waiting for xenosaga 2 to drop below 10 bucks. ^_^[/QUOTE]

Same here. $10 is the perfect price point! Last time I was there (I think around Thursday) they had another three copies, I believe, but I don't know if there are any more over there. I'm planning on heading over in about...ugh...30 minutes when I'm done folding this laundry.

[quote name='peteloaf']Were are you planning to go? I haven't made up my mind yet but a very good friend of mine and my brother are both willing to camp at outher stores for me so I think I might have some luck.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking of Wal-Mart in Portage or East Chicago for the midnight launch or BB in Valpo in the morning.

Got back from Sam Goody in College Mall, Bloomington, IN a few hours ago. They started tossing new titles in the bin and doubled the bin's overall size! Here are some of the more memorable titles that they have left...

PS2
Get on Da Mike [Decent Trade-In Fodder, Comes With Microphone I Believe]
Astro Boy (Decent Game for $9)
Street Fighter: Anniversary Collection

XBox
Silent Hill 4: The Room
Counter Strike
OutRun
Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow (Located in XBox Section)

Xenosaga II seems to be out of stock, along with X-Men Legends (XBox) from the other day. Still some additional quality titles in the bins, though. I don't think there are any Karaoke Revolution games around the store, though. I'll be checking again tomorrow just for Karaoke Revolution so if you happen to see a few copies try and save one for me, if you would be so kind. :D

By the way, Target added more games to its Clearance section and tried hiding the games on the side. There are now around 14 copies of Sprung for $10, 2 copies of Samurai Legend Musashi for $14, 2 copies of OutRun (didn't look at price), 3 copies of Donkey Konga 2 (no bongos) for $17 (crap price), and a few others.

Why not try the super kmart in portage. I waited in line for ever for halo 2 @ launch, then I heard kmart had them with no line whatsover.

[quote name='scdoanintendo']I was thinking of Wal-Mart in Portage or East Chicago for the midnight launch or BB in Valpo in the morning.[/QUOTE]

Is the Wal-Mart in Portage doing a midnight release? The reason I ask is that the Portage Wal-Mart isn't a full fledged Super Wal-Mart yet, and it's not open 24 hours.

nothing in the fort wayne targets that has been reducded this week so far.. everything is still same price as last week... What is sort of weird cause my cousin picked up

Darkstalkers at Maplecrest sunday for 7.48

but

Darkstalkers at glenbrook is still 14.98 (i priced checked it and it still came up 15

[quote name='slidecage']nothing in the fort wayne targets that has been reducded this week so far.. everything is still same price as last week... What is sort of weird cause my cousin picked up

Darkstalkers at Maplecrest sunday for 7.48

but

Darkstalkers at glenbrook is still 14.98 (i priced checked it and it still came up 15[/QUOTE]That wouldn't surprise me one bit. I've seen the same thing happen, when going to different Target stores.

Wow I didn't know there were that many NW Indy CAGS. Welcome all the Newbies.

[quote name='John*smom']Why not the 24 hr WalMarts in Valpo or Merrillville - at least they are indoors so you won't have to FREEEEZE![/QUOTE]

I live in East Chicago so both are pretty far from me.

[quote name='dmes65']Why not try the super kmart in portage. I waited in line for ever for halo 2 @ launch, then I heard kmart had them with no line whatsover.[/Quote]
I know someone at the Super K in Portage and he told me they are getting in 12 systems and are doing a lottery at midnight.

[quote name='peteloaf']Is the Wal-Mart in Portage doing a midnight release? The reason I ask is that the Portage Wal-Mart isn't a full fledged Super Wal-Mart yet, and it's not open 24 hours.[/QUOTE]
I called and they are not.

[quote name='brainsraregames']Why don't you guys try the Meijer in Michigan City? That's where i got my PS2 at launch, only waited 20 min or so[/Quote]
MC is one of the options tomorrow since I always go to the TRU there for deals.

Just a little FYI I was going to go to the Schereville Wal-mart and they have a huge line. I'll probably just look around tomorrow. If I find any anywhere I'll post, please do the same.

those looking for a cheap

LUNAR DRAGON SONG DS

the pawn show (cash america) by glenbrook has it in the display case i think for either 15 or 20 Cart only maybe cheaper

going to call them or stop by tomorrow and find the real price (there was 6 people in a single line today checking out and wasnt going to stand in line that long just for a price check (i got mine at BB for 20 sealed)

lol at my Xbox 360 look

Went over to target by the mail at 759am noone in parking lot outside so i went WOW might have a chance. Walk in the doors to the back of the gaming part. 70+ people in the store all had tickets in hand (seems target changed their mind about giving out presell tickets this morning fucking liars last night on the phone said first come first serve ) They ran out of tickets around 6am

so for fun i drove over to best buy at northcrest... once again no line to find out they gave out tickets to people and they was all gone by 4am along with the coupons was gone by 5am

love how best buy kept saying they was getting 300 per store when in fact they only got 30 per store

would of though an xbox 360 would been eaiser to find then the ps2

funny part is i was ripping apart their war of the worlds display at target when someone asked what i was doing i said looking for the book... They do umm thats at Best buy .... DOH!!!!!!!!!!!

im going to hit TRU at 9am for the green tag sale and Best buy right after that to see if they put out any more game coupons (i just wanted the coupons)

Super K in Portage worked out for me! My friends and I got there at about 10:30 last night, they handed out tickets at 11. About ten minutes later they had to re-issue tickets, seems the original roll was defective and repeating numbers... Anyway we all got new numbers then at midnight the drawing started. They had 10 premiums and 7 core systems to hand out. Well my friend got called next to last so I came home with a core system. I know I'll end up paying a hole bunch more when I buy all the crap I need, but oh well, I got one!

man people were PISSED at TRU.... they said they would not do any preorders.. first come first serve. Well it seems the manager felt sorry for the people standing outside at 4-5am in the morning and handed out presale slips to those people... they had around 10-15 xbox system just sitting on the floor but they said they cant sell them cause only the person with the slip could buy them....

also Dont grab the Gamepro Xbox 360 mag in the back of the BB store. IT DOES NOT HAVE THE COUPONS (10 off 30 buck game) I Grabbed 3 thinking it was the mag... I think everyone else did as well cause they only had 4 left

What has to piss more people off , i hope many people didnt go to Best buy to get WAR OF THE WORLDS BEFORE 10am... The workers was telling people the 24.99 deluxe set had that free 200 page book well when i was checking out some manager came and tossed 10 books on each check out telling people these are the free books with the movie... I saw at least 5 -10 people standing in line around 910Am probally thinking that Free book was in the DVD case like the workers was telling people

it looked like a nice book but im not going to pay 15-25 bucks for amovie just for the freee book

I was at that pawn shop in FW near the Munchie/Mad Anthony's yesterday. They had a PSOne for $20, Plat Gamecube for $50. PS2 Broadband adapter for $10, slim PS2's for $100.

It's probably on the EB thread...but the GB Micro just dropped to $89. I got one last night at EB in Glenbrook. I must say I love that system. The screen is way better than my old SP, and I think the new buttons have a better feel.

Haven't been there in a long time, but back in the day there was a pawn shop across from Lake Central High School on 41 in St. John that used to have a lot of good deals and a pretty good selection of games.

[quote name='DrUnkAgAIn']Haven't been there in a long time, but back in the day there was a pawn shop across from Lake Central High School on 41 in St. John that used to have a lot of good deals and a pretty good selection of games.[/QUOTE]

That would be Loansum pawn. They never have anything good gamewise since there are 2 gamestops and and EB about 5 miles away. If anyone wants good pawnshop deals in NW IN, check out Pawn King in Portage and Merrillville, EZPawn in Hammond, and maybe Lair's in Portage, but stay away from the Ameripawns and Cash Indiana's, they seem to be the most on the ball regarding games. You can blame me for that Ameripawn part. ;)

also, in portage/hobart on the SE corner of Rt 51 & US 6, there's a little store called Video Palace that you can sometimes find great deals on newer games.

And one more, there's a guy selling games in the Market City flea market in Merrillvile (about 2 blocks south of ridge road on US 55/Cleveland) he's in the back right part of the building and usually has at least a few really good deals

I am going to be in Indianapolis for a couple days on business. When i go on business trips i like checking out the local game stores? Are there any good local ones you guys could tell me about (besides Gamestop's, EB Games and Game Rush's)?

And where to find them?

Mom and pop stores? I don't know too many nor have I heard of places that have good inventory. There's this one video game shop on the West Side near a Best Buy but I can't vouch for them.

If you don't have a Fry's where you normally are, I'd suggest checking that out.

Yeah to be honest there's not many local places around and the ones that are don't have anything more unusual than most EBs/Gamestops. Here's a couple though:

Fun Station on 82nd St
Game World on 82nd St
McVan's in Fishers
And there used to be someplace called House of Games or something over on Washington St.

I know McVan's is probably still there, but I haven't been to any of the others in at least a year so not too sure about them.

Picked up a couple of copies of Feel the Magic and Sprung at Summit City Target for a mere $5 a pop. All the PSP markdowns had already vanished with a deeper markdown, making them $7.50 or so. Snooze you loose it seems.

[quote name='Duo_Maxwell']Yeah to be honest there's not many local places around and the ones that are don't have anything more unusual than most EBs/Gamestops. Here's a couple though:

Fun Station on 82nd St
Game World on 82nd St
McVan's in Fishers
And there used to be someplace called House of Games or something over on Washington St.

I know McVan's is probably still there, but I haven't been to any of the others in at least a year so not too sure about them.[/QUOTE]
I have never been to any of those places. Then again, I've always had decent luck at Fry's, Best Buy, CC, or Target.

That pawn shop near the Munchie on Broadway in Ft. Wayne is selling all their GC, PS2, and Xbox games for $6. DVD Movies are $5.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']I have never been to any of those places. Then again, I've always had decent luck at Fry's, Best Buy, CC, or Target.[/QUOTE]

There's a new place opening in the Marsh plaza at 116th and Allisonville. Not sure if it's open yet, but last time I went by it looked pretty close to ready.

[quote name='AlanSaysYo']There's a new place opening in the Marsh plaza at 116th and Allisonville. Not sure if it's open yet, but last time I went by it looked pretty close to ready.[/QUOTE]
Thanks. I'll drive up when the snow melts a bit.

I just got a new lead in the Muncie area.

Ok, now I haven't been there in a few years, so it's hard for me to describe. On the north side of McGalliard, near what used to be the Target/Marsh location where Bethel meets McGalliard. There is an IHOP there now. Go in there and turn left at the first stop sign. Head down that little side street to near Bank One / Chase is. There is a little plaza full of shops. I guess this new gaming store is in there where Subway used to be on the East side.

My brother lives near there...says they're not getting much business, so everything is 30% off right now. He was looking at $51 Gamecubes. I'm not sure how long they'll be open, because apparently they're not enough traffic at that location.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Unreal Championship 2 (Xbox) is clearanced at the Southport Meijer for $9.99.[/QUOTE]

As it is at the Kokomo location as well.

[quote name='arbiter']I just got a new lead in the Muncie area.

Ok, now I haven't been there in a few years, so it's hard for me to describe. On the north side of McGalliard, near what used to be the Target/Marsh location where Bethel meets McGalliard. There is an IHOP there now. Go in there and turn left at the first stop sign. Head down that little side street to near Bank One / Chase is. There is a little plaza full of shops. I guess this new gaming store is in there where Subway used to be on the East side.

My brother lives near there...says they're not getting much business, so everything is 30% off right now. He was looking at $51 Gamecubes. I'm not sure how long they'll be open, because apparently they're not enough traffic at that location.[/QUOTE]

I stopped into that store a few months ago and, from what I saw, a 30% sale would bring prices down to where they should be. It is no wonder they are not getting any business.

Stopped by a couple of the TRUs in Indy tonight. Didn't have a list on hand, but a few games in mind so I could update with the stock, at least somewhat.

East Washington
The place was a mess. Games weren't in order from what I could make out. They did have plenty of MGS3s and about 4 RE4s (empty cases at least) still out. Transformers was also in stock, can't remember much else of note there, though.

Lafayette Road
I thought the first was a mess. The games weren't even in the holders. They were stacked behind haphazardly, so it looks like a mess of people ravaged the games area. All I could remember were Fable, Rise To Honor (in some cardboard standee), Cold Fear (over by the cashiers), but I really didn't look much. The place was a real mess.

If anyone else has updates on the Castleton and Greenwood one, that'd be great, so I don't have to run down there tomorrow. I'll be sure to look over the list and make note of what specifically is in and out of stock.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Stopped by a couple of the TRUs in Indy tonight. Didn't have a list on hand, but a few games in mind so I could update with the stock, at least somewhat.

East Washington
The place was a mess. Games weren't in order from what I could make out. They did have plenty of MGS3s and about 4 RE4s (empty cases at least) still out. Transformers was also in stock, can't remember much else of note there, though.

Lafayette Road
I thought the first was a mess. The games weren't even in the holders. They were stacked behind haphazardly, so it looks like a mess of people ravaged the games area. All I could remember were Fable, Rise To Honor (in some cardboard standee), Cold Fear (over by the cashiers), but I really didn't look much. The place was a real mess.

If anyone else has updates on the Castleton and Greenwood one, that'd be great, so I don't have to run down there tomorrow. I'll be sure to look over the list and make note of what specifically is in and out of stock.[/QUOTE]

Those places probably were trashed because some clown who posted in the main deal thread said he went to all four TRUs the morning of the 22nd and got $800-$900 worth of $10 games.

Looks like we now have an early-bird hoarder in the Indy area. Deals in general are going to get harder to find with that guy around. :/

[quote name='AlanSaysYo']Those places probably were trashed because some clown who posted in the main deal thread said he went to all four TRUs the morning of the 22nd and got $800-$900 worth of $10 games.

Looks like we now have an early-bird hoarder in the Indy area. Deals in general are going to get harder to find with that guy around. :/[/QUOTE]
Let's take that ass-clown out. There's this spot on 38th and Georgetown where they'll never find his body.;)

I was at Kohls at Apple Glen (near Jefferson Pointe) yesterday.

There is a big rack of games & DVDs near the north door that is all marked half off.
Lots of GBA stuff. They had a bunch of copies of Snood & Snood2, I think it was $12.50 after the discount. Lots of crap titles, but looked like some ok stuff.
There were a few GC titles and lots of PS2. I don't remember all the titles. Looked like a lot of racing and general movie tie-in's. I remember seeing Shark's Tale, Ford Racing, Spyro.

Hey Indianapolis CAG's. I had a business trip to Indianapolis and I stopped by McVan's. I bought 2 new games so i got 2 coupons for $2.00 off one used game trade fee. I have 2 of them. I won't be in Indianapolis for a long time so the first person who pm's me with their address can have them. Ill stick them in a envelope and mail them out.

Anyone know of any places around Indy to get cheap game guides. I remember hearing about a used bookstore that's in the area having them, but I can't remember what it was called...

Try half price books, they are normally around the malls. Also Mcvans has used guides for $8.00 I got a few kinda rare ones a while back from there.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Stopped by a couple of the TRUs in Indy tonight. Didn't have a list on hand, but a few games in mind so I could update with the stock, at least somewhat.

East Washington

Lafayette Road

If anyone else has updates on the Castleton and Greenwood one, that'd be great, so I don't have to run down there tomorrow. I'll be sure to look over the list and make note of what specifically is in and out of stock.[/QUOTE]
Sorry, I haven't checked this thread in a while.

Well, on Thursday, the day the TRU sale started, I did go past the TRU on Washington Square, but did not go in. I did however, stop by the one in Caslteton. I didn't have a list with me either, but I was able to find many of the things on the list, at the store. There was a big bin of $9.98 games, but they were games that have already been discounted a while ago. It had some decent games in there, such as Metroid Fusion. All the games that were on the list as marked down, that TRU didn't put a new price tag saying the games were $9.98. I asked the cashier to scan Mr. Driller: Drill Spirits and Metal Slug 4/5 for me, and it rang up at $9.98. Too bad I didn't have a list, since I saw a ton of other things there I would have bought. They did have a ton of games at the Castleton location, but things might have change, since then.

I was back in the Caslteton area 5 days ago, but I didn't stop by TRU.

No prob.

I did end up checking all four Indy TRU locations (not that it matters now), but you're right. The Castleton location had, by far, the best selection of the TRUs here and organized, too. Well, about as organized as TRUs tend to get. Some were marked, they did have the bins, as you said, but the bigger games, thankfully, were unmarked and still on the shelves.

bread's done
Back