Indiana Deals Thread

I got mine at the Lafayette Road TRU. The RZone employee there was actually the one to point out that Geist was $10 before I rang it up as it wasn't yet marked and the other employee wasn't aware.

He looks like Craig from Malcolm in the Middle, too.

[quote name='Spiritseed']Try half price books, they are normally around the malls. Also Mcvans has used guides for $8.00 I got a few kinda rare ones a while back from there.[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah, that was exactly the place I was thinking of. I think there's one near the Castleton mall. Thanks.

I went back to the Castleton TRU and they had Geist marked down finally.

Making my haul a couple copies of Geist, RE4, and single copies of GTAxb, Polarium, Baiten Kaitos, and Doom3 LE.

Anyone interested in a local trade? I'm interested in Zelda Four Swords, KOFxb, and Boomerman DS.

The Toys R Us on 38th St is on the list of stores closing. 10% off games, 30% off video game accessories right now.

That's not enough to get me to go down there, though. ;)

I just saw the list and I'm surprised the one in Lafayette, IN isn't closing. The reason is, that's the only TRU I've seen that never remodeled, where you buy games by taking a ticket up to the cashier, then picking the game up at the front of the store.

I'm not sure if the one on 38th Street in Indy is like that, since I never went there before. I might stop by there, as time goes by. I'd have to look on a map for it, since I never been around that area.

All the TRUs in the Indy area don't go by the ticket system anymore (except for preorders). Unfortunately, that makes them really badly organized, with the worst offender being the Lafayette Road TRU. I think the last TRU here that did the ticket sytem w/ games was the Washington Street one.

The 38th and Lafayette Rd. TRU is pretty difficult to spot since it's not right next to the road. It's behind a McDonald's on 38th street. You can spot the sign from the road though.

[quote name='Samurai T']I just saw the list and I'm surprised the one in Lafayette, IN isn't closing. The reason is, that's the only TRU I've seen that never remodeled, where you buy games by taking a ticket up to the cashier, then picking the game up at the front of the store. [/quote]

Michigan City TRU is still like that too...no wonder that store's closing, whenever i went there there were maybe 5 other customers in the place.

Although not technically Indiana, the store across the border on Torrence Ave in Lansing, IL was always a great spot to find stuff for me. That one will be missed.:cry:

For any Fort Wayne CAGs, the goodwill on Dupont has a ton of comic books for $0.50 each. It looks like someone dropped off an entire collection. There was easily a hundred there. Atleast 90% of them protective bags. I only picked up two called Gen 13. I had heard something about that one. There was a ton of X-Men comics. I would have picked up one of those, but there are several different X-Men series and I don't know where to start with those. I saw in there x-men, x force, sandman, Iron Man, JLA, and even a handful of star trek comics.

[quote name='erehwon']For any Fort Wayne CAGs, the goodwill on Dupont has a ton of comic books for $0.50 each. It looks like someone dropped off an entire collection. There was easily a hundred there. Atleast 90% of them protective bags. I only picked up two called Gen 13. I had heard something about that one. There was a ton of X-Men comics. I would have picked up one of those, but there are several different X-Men series and I don't know where to start with those. I saw in there x-men, x force, sandman, Iron Man, JLA, and even a handful of star trek comics.[/QUOTE]

probally only place they they could dump them and take a tax loss on them,...i went over to the comic book store over on jeffereson few weeks ago to find out there was a Major comic book crash around 2001 making 90% of books not worth keeping anymore

i had a few gems witchblade issue 1 what fetched like 50 now was only grabbing i was told 5 bucks...

all the batman books around issue 500 (where he got his back broke) goes for less then buck an issue used to be around 50 for some of them

even all the SPAWN comics are worth nothing anymore

Yea, I doubt there was any valuable stuff in there. I was just posting for anyone interested in picking them up. I just want to read them. I'll likely be going back when I have some more money.

[quote name='erehwon']Yea, I doubt there was any valuable stuff in there. I was just posting for anyone interested in picking them up. I just want to read them. I'll likely be going back when I have some more money.[/QUOTE]

careful getting older books that havent been touch for awhile as well... around 5 years ago i was picking up books down at the libary and picked up this older comic book and there had to be around 100 book worms crawing around in the book (i think they was bookworms --- little white worms )

[quote name='iufoltzie']I went back to the Castleton TRU and they had Geist marked down finally.

Making my haul a couple copies of Geist, RE4, and single copies of GTAxb, Polarium, Baiten Kaitos, and Doom3 LE.

Anyone interested in a local trade? I'm interested in Zelda Four Swords, KOFxb, and Boomerman DS.[/QUOTE]

Any takers? A good chance to save on some shipping costs.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']I got mine at the Lafayette Road TRU. The RZone employee there was actually the one to point out that Geist was $10 before I rang it up as it wasn't yet marked and the other employee wasn't aware.

He looks like Craig from Malcolm in the Middle, too.[/QUOTE]

LOL. He looks EXACTLY like Craig. That's a riot. Better than the scary toothless woman over on East Washington. Yikes!

RD

Has anyone been able to find an Xbox 360 in stock anywhere around Indy? I'm almost convinced that I should finally get one, but calling every store and driving around is pretty much a waste of time, considering you have to be in the right place at the right time to get one. Anyone have any luck (where and when)?

Even 360 accessories and games are cleared out huh? I'll check it out tomorrow and see what's there to scavenge.

I picked my 360 up unexpectedly at the Best Buy in Greenwood. This was the Thursday after Christmas and I stopped in to buy Midnight Club 3. The guy working there was walking/parading around with the stock that just came in (this was around 630-7pm) so I went ahead and bought it.

He told me they usually get their stock in during that timeframe, but as for other stores, I haven't had one single sighting of it on shelves.

Edit: As the other poster stated, the TRU at 38th street is pretty barren as far as 360 accessories go. No more wireless controllers. They only have a handful of wired controllers (max of 10 as of 3 pm Thursday afternoon), S-Video Cables, and Component Cables. They've also got a few faceplates and three 3-month live kits left.

There's lots of GCN, PS2 and Xbox games left though.

As for 360 games, all out of DOA4 now. Only ones left were Ridge Racer 6, PDZ (reg and LE) King Kong, Gun, and THAW as far as I can remember.

Talked to the worker there (the Craig Malcolm-look-alike) and he said store is looking to be closed between April and May...quite a ways off.

[quote name='AlanSaysYo']Those places probably were trashed because some clown who posted in the main deal thread said he went to all four TRUs the morning of the 22nd and got $800-$900 worth of $10 games.

Looks like we now have an early-bird hoarder in the Indy area. Deals in general are going to get harder to find with that guy around. :/[/QUOTE]

Bah, that was me and I didn't trash any stores. I got most of my games at the 38th St. store and had the manager walking around with me helping me pick out stuff because the store was empty. The shelves were a mess because of Christmas and he apologized for it. Between the two of us, we found most of the 70 or so $10 games on my list that I wanted, and yah, I grabbed extras of some of the better games and traded most of them on GTZ. I actually went back several days later and found some more games I wanted hidden behind other stuff, like The Sims games my wife wanted. A week or so later they finally had the shelves all organized but it wasn't that hard because they had pretty much been gutted by Christmas shoppers.

I stopped by the store last week to grab some discounted accessories and picked up Chess Master as well. There's some stuff there I'll pick up if it hits 50% off, like the DDR bundle and Kinetix for my wife, but most of the good PSP and DS games will probably be long gone by that time as the video game department was almost emptied already. They still had Xbox 360 controllers at 40% off if some one wants those. And the PS2 remote for under $2 wasn't a bad deal. Also, I grabbed a set of portable speakers for around $10 that work very well with my PSP and run on AA batteries. They really help to amplify the PSP's low sound volume. Now I just need to find some amplified headphones.

[quote name='Samurai T']Sorry, I haven't checked this thread in a while.

Well, on Thursday, the day the TRU sale started, I did go past the TRU on Washington Square, but did not go in. I did however, stop by the one in Caslteton. I didn't have a list with me either, but I was able to find many of the things on the list, at the store. There was a big bin of $9.98 games, but they were games that have already been discounted a while ago. It had some decent games in there, such as Metroid Fusion. All the games that were on the list as marked down, that TRU didn't put a new price tag saying the games were $9.98. I asked the cashier to scan Mr. Driller: Drill Spirits and Metal Slug 4/5 for me, and it rang up at $9.98. Too bad I didn't have a list, since I saw a ton of other things there I would have bought. They did have a ton of games at the Castleton location, but things might have change, since then.

I was back in the Caslteton area 5 days ago, but I didn't stop by TRU.[/QUOTE]

Castleton got restocked on games a couple weeks ago. They had 0 copies of the Grand Theft Auto double pack on the first day of the sale and like 30 copies of it when I stopped in. I guess they could have come from the back. Unfortunately, I paid $20+ for a used copy of that game at Game Rush and couldn't return it.

I also found a copy of King of Fighters for Xbox there that wasn't there during the first day as I'd been looking all over for it.

Just as an aside, on the first day of the sale, I bumped into another CAGer in Castleton buying up games to trade into Blockbuster...he was looking for different games than me because at that point I'd never traded in a game in my life. He asked me if I was going to buy some game in the display case that trades in high because I was in front of him in line and I said no, I wasn't interested. Was that a lurker or one of you guys?

[quote name='iufoltzie']Alas the castleton TRU wasnt including Geist in their sale.[/QUOTE]

I got 2 $10 copies of Geist in Castleton and they still had about 20 copies in the case at that point.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']I got mine at the Lafayette Road TRU. The RZone employee there was actually the one to point out that Geist was $10 before I rang it up as it wasn't yet marked and the other employee wasn't aware.

He looks like Craig from Malcolm in the Middle, too.[/QUOTE]

Heh, that's the manager of the Rzone at that store...I've talked to him several times. He's pretty cool and likes me because I let him look at my list of $10 games so he could pick up a bunch for himself. He's mostly into PSP stuff, so he grabbed one copy of Dead 2 Rights and I got the other copy that first morning of the sale.

[quote name='slidecage']probally only place they they could dump them and take a tax loss on them,...i went over to the comic book store over on jeffereson few weeks ago to find out there was a Major comic book crash around 2001 making 90% of books not worth keeping anymore

i had a few gems witchblade issue 1 what fetched like 50 now was only grabbing i was told 5 bucks...

all the batman books around issue 500 (where he got his back broke) goes for less then buck an issue used to be around 50 for some of them

even all the SPAWN comics are worth nothing anymore[/QUOTE]

The problem with comics from the 90s is that people were buying them up in multiple quantities, putting them in plastic, not reading them, and thinking they would go up in value if they hung onto them long enough. The reason old comics are valuable is because they're rare, especially in mint condition. People used to throw them away. The same thing is true in the video game world...there are more collectors saving stuff back now, so while a sealed NES Zelda is worth $400, a sealed Zelda Four Swords will probably never be worth that because it will never be that rare of a sealed game with all the collectors these days.

[quote name='AlanSaysYo']Has anyone been able to find an Xbox 360 in stock anywhere around Indy? I'm almost convinced that I should finally get one, but calling every store and driving around is pretty much a waste of time, considering you have to be in the right place at the right time to get one. Anyone have any luck (where and when)?[/QUOTE]

Yah, I've seen them in stock at Game Rush in Avon, Best Buy, Target, Meijer, and Wal-Mart. I was in the 38th St. TRU one day and they had 8 in stock. If I'd noticed this thread, I would have mentioned it here. They didn't last long when they were going for a bunch of money on Ebay buy I imagine they will sit around longer now. Best bet would probably be to find out what day Target gets video game shipmens in (probably Tuesdays) and start calling around on Tuesday mornings. I'm not buying one anytime soon, I'm waiting for the Nintendo Revolution.

For any Fort Wayne CAGs, the temporary book store across the parking lot from TRU is closing. The guy there said they might be open till the end of the month and maybe into February. They have paperbacks for $2, audio books for $2, and hardbacks for $4.

I also noticed that the Sam Goody in the mall closed. I hadn't been in the mall for several weeks so I missed it. I wonder if they had a good clearance sale?

[quote name='erehwon']For any Fort Wayne CAGs, the temporary book store across the parking lot from TRU is closing. The guy there said they might be open till the end of the month and maybe into February. They have paperbacks for $2, audio books for $2, and hardbacks for $4.

I also noticed that the Sam Goody in the mall closed. I hadn't been in the mall for several weeks so I missed it. I wonder if they had a good clearance sale?[/QUOTE]

gamestop is closing on JAN 31 along with a lot of those other stores around it w ill be cloing very soon i heard... Barnes and NOble wants that entire wing of the mall so i dont know if that is why that book store is closing down or what...

i used to know someone who worked there years ago.... chic with these big eyes :) i might swing over there and see if they are still there.... might see if they got some stephen king books

o and the sam goody just closed i dont think anyone knew it was closing cause they were talking about it on the radio the other wweek and they didnt even know it was closing

Yeah, Sam Goody closed like the end of December. I was at the mall and they had a sign on the closed gate and there were tons of employees packing everything up.

Damn, that was a lot of posts.

Anyway, that wasn't me that you ran into at the Castleton TRU. I only ended up picking up about four games for myself out of the whole deal.

There were still 360 controllers at the 38th Street TRU? I'm guessing those are the wired ones, right? Still a few of the 3 month starter kits for anyone looking.

Wired, probably, I didn't really pay much attention since I don't own a 360 and don't plan on getting one anytime soon.

Oh, that reminds me, I have a local Indianapolis deal...the Gamestop over on Raceway (same strip mall as a Game Rush) has used anime for 80% off and 50% off on certain New Gameboy, DS, and PSP games (however all the DS and PSP games were gone last time I went there, so either some one bought them all or they put them back to normal price and took them out of the bin (unlikely). I grabbed Yoshi DS, Pokemon Rush, Death Jr., and Frantix for $15 a pop. Also got Boktai for $7.50...their USED copies were more expensive...anyway, last time I checked they still had Wario Ware Twisted for $17.50 and a few other new Gameboy games in the half off bin but nothing that great. This is the same bin that has the 2/$10 PS2 games in it, right in the middle of the store.

Yeah, they're wired since I picked up an extra one last weekend. Wanted to be sure in case you saw differently. The 80% anime is pretty damn good for those fans. Good looking out.

Thanks for the update on the 38th street TRU. I was wondering if they still had 360 controllers. I might go pick one up since I only have one right now. I think 40% off would make them around $24 each, right? Beats the heck out of $40.

$40 for a wired controller... that's a damn shame.

Yeah, it comes to $25.43 after taxes, but you might wanna check there pretty soon. Last time I checked was last Thursday I think and they only had about 10 of the wired controllers left.

[quote name='slidecage']gamestop is closing on JAN 31 along with a lot of those other stores around it w ill be cloing very soon i heard... Barnes and NOble wants that entire wing of the mall so i dont know if that is why that book store is closing down or what...

i used to know someone who worked there years ago.... chic with these big eyes :) i might swing over there and see if they are still there.... might see if they got some stephen king books

o and the sam goody just closed i dont think anyone knew it was closing cause they were talking about it on the radio the other wweek and they didnt even know it was closing[/QUOTE]
The GS at Glenbrook is closing? I didn't know that. Have they had any good sales? That would be interesting if we get a B&N on this side of town.

About the book place, the sci-fi and fantasy books are over on the left side of the store in a small unmarked section. I think I saw one or two Stephen King books. They also had a ton of Star Trek audio books.

[quote name='AfroPig']Yeah, Sam Goody closed like the end of December. I was at the mall and they had a sign on the closed gate and there were tons of employees packing everything up.[/QUOTE]Actually, I thought the store was open on New Years, because I was there on that date. However, when I went to the mall a few days later, they were closed.

From what I heard on the news, Glenbrook doubled their rates for leasing space, so many stores who leases were ended, didn't renew and left the mall, such as The Limited, Express, Sam Goody, and many other big stores. I hope Glenbrook doesn't start pissing off stores off because of this. They say there's more sapce wanted then needed, so that's why rates doubled, although I'm not sure if stores wanting space, wanted to pay that much anyway.

Well, if Glenbrook downfalls, I'm just going to make a 2 hour drive to the Castleton Square Mall (Close to Indy) or Westfield Shopping Centre (In NW Indiana).

[quote name='Samurai T']Actually, I thought the store was open on New Years, because I was there on that date. However, when I went to the mall a few days later, they were closed.

From what I heard on the news, Glenbrook doubled their rates for leasing space, so many stores who leases were ended, didn't renew and left the mall, such as The Limited, Express, Sam Goody, and many other big stores. I hope Glenbrook doesn't start pissing off stores off because of this. They say there's more sapce wanted then needed, so that's why rates doubled, although I'm not sure if stores wanting space, wanted to pay that much anyway.

Well, if Glenbrook downfalls, I'm just going to make a 2 hour drive to the Castleton Square Mall (Close to Indy) or Westfield Shopping Centre (In NW Indiana).[/QUOTE]

New Years eve was the day I went. I went shopping with my mom, girlfriend, and cousin, and that's when I noticed it.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Yeah, it comes to $25.43 after taxes, but you might wanna check there pretty soon. Last time I checked was last Thursday I think and they only had about 10 of the wired controllers left.[/QUOTE]

Just call and ask for the video game department...they'll tell you if something is in stock or not and save you a trip across town.

[quote name='Samurai T']Actually, I thought the store was open on New Years, because I was there on that date. However, when I went to the mall a few days later, they were closed.

Well, if Glenbrook downfalls, I'm just going to make a 2 hour drive to the Castleton Square Mall (Close to Indy) or Westfield Shopping Centre (In NW Indiana).[/QUOTE]

Sounds like Glenbrook is pulling a Southtown. Next year all they'll have left is a MasterCuts and an Orange Julius :lol:

If you're coming from West Lafayette, you should try Clay Terrace in Carmel also. Not as many stores, but a very nice place.

Another vote for Clay Terrace. Probably the best CC in town (though there's only 3 off the top of my head), but they always seem to be well stocked.

I heard from a Sam Goody employee in Anderson this morning that all of the Simon Malls have doubled their lease rates and that every Sam Goody in their district is closing in the next few months because of it. Apparently they have stopped receiving new releases and special orders and will be having a clearance soon.

Being that Glenbrook and Castleton Square are both Simon malls, I imagine the same thing will be happening to both malls.

[quote name='AlanSaysYo']Sounds like Glenbrook is pulling a Southtown. Next year all they'll have left is a MasterCuts and an Orange Julius :lol:

[/QUOTE]

When I moved up to Fort Wayne about seven years ago, I got an apartment near Southtown. I remember the first time I went there I thought I had stepped into the old Dawn of the Dead movie with the cheesy 70's look it had to it. All that was in there was a Foot Locker, Orange Julius, and a Chinese take out.

That was the only time I visited that mall...

[quote name='niceguyshawne']I heard from a Sam Goody employee in Anderson this morning that all of the Simon Malls have doubled their lease rates and that every Sam Goody in their district is closing in the next few months because of it. Apparently they have stopped receiving new releases and special orders and will be having a clearance soon.

Being that Glenbrook and Castleton Square are both Simon malls, I imagine the same thing will be happening to both malls.[/QUOTE]Well, the reason I mentioned Castleton Mall, because many of the stores that closed at Glenbrook, are staying open in Castleton, except for ones closing nationwide (like Dry Ice, Casual Corner, etc.).

[quote name='niceguyshawne']When I moved up to Fort Wayne about seven years ago, I got an apartment near Southtown. I remember the first time I went there I thought I had stepped into the old Dawn of the Dead movie with the cheesy 70's look it had to it. All that was in there was a Foot Locker, Orange Julius, and a Chinese take out.

That was the only time I visited that mall...[/QUOTE]Well, back in the 80’s, and early 90’s, Southtown Mall was booming, with around 40% of the mall business in Fort Wayne. There use to be a Kohl’s, Sears, JC Penney, L.S. Ayres, Service Merchandise, and many of the same stores as Glenbrook. I use to rarely go to that mall, mostly because I use to live on the Northside of Ft. Wayne on Mapplecrest Rd.

[quote name='AfroPig']New Years eve was the day I went. I went shopping with my mom, girlfriend, and cousin, and that's when I noticed it.[/QUOTE]I might not have walked by it then. Well, I definitely do remember it being open, just before New Years.
[quote name='AlanSaysYo']Sounds like Glenbrook is pulling a Southtown. Next year all they'll have left is a MasterCuts and an Orange Julius :lol:

If you're coming from West Lafayette, you should try Clay Terrace in Carmel also. Not as many stores, but a very nice place.[/QUOTE]Lol, I agree

I never went there before. I’m usually not too far from it, if I choose to go through Indy (to make a stop at Fry’s), when I go home.

yea i used to like southtowm more then glenbrook back in the late 80s.. used to play a lot of video games in the arcades

Glenbrook

pro

they had 2 arcade rooms and had better prizes..

Con
we used to go with our grandmother who wouldnt take the elvator and couldnt walk down steps , so we was mostly just had to shop on the top level of the mall
mostly shopped around 10am to 1pm when our grandfather picked us up..

Southtown

Con
Only one arcade place and their prizes really sucked :)

Pro
every time we went to southtown we would mostly spend the entire day out there till my mother picked us up... would would go shopping from 10am to around 2pm and then watch a movie (this is what made southtown sort of neat that it had tha Theather built right into the mall)

And DUFFS they had the best food out there in the late 80s

one of the most funny things i remember at southtown is after DUFF went belly up another Food place move in there and was shut down a week later by the board of heath.

sadly last time i stepped foot into southtown was a few months before my grand mother died so it probally was around mothers day 1994

i still remember that Big foutain in the middle of southtown mall and that Chucky Cheese type pizza place they had in there...

personally if you took the arcades out, i like southtown a lot more then glenbrook

one last little note.. the people who Ruined the Southtown mall movie place. makes me sick and im glad that we never got the place.... We was around a few weeks into looking at the contract before that other dude took it over.... I mean what kind of pigs shit all over the walls

Anyone have any luck getting penny guides in Indianapolis? I got a Destroy All Humans from Best Buy in Avon but that's about it. How are the local EB Games and Game Stops about actually selling these at a penny? I've been buying them on this board for 3/$10 because it seems easier than searching all over for them, but there's a few that people don't want to sell cheap.

I've not had any luck on cheap guides. Guides people get at eb for a penny like WWE Day of Reckoning are full price when I check.

The cashier must be typing in the price then, because the penny price is in the system...the prices usually aren't YMMV...whether or not they'll actually sell them to you is very YMMV. Most stores won't sell the penny guides to you as they aren't supposed to.

[quote name='niceguyshawne']
Being that Glenbrook and Castleton Square are both Simon malls, I imagine the same thing will be happening to both malls.[/QUOTE]

Glenbook isn't a Simon Mall...I know because I tried to spend a Simon gift cert there once. I'd bet they're raising the rates to try to become more upscale to compete with Jefferson Pointe.
It also looks like they've taken a strategy of chopping up the big stores when they leave into more smaller spaces. They got rid of the "orchard" area, and made several smaller stores near the food court area in the last remodel.

Glenbrook jacked up their rates so high that Babbage's will close tomorrow!! I was walking around earlier this morning and the employees were boxing up product.

[quote name='arbiter']Glenbook isn't a Simon Mall...I know because I tried to spend a Simon gift cert there once. I'd bet they're raising the rates to try to become more upscale to compete with Jefferson Pointe.
It also looks like they've taken a strategy of chopping up the big stores when they leave into more smaller spaces. They got rid of the "orchard" area, and made several smaller stores near the food court area in the last remodel.[/QUOTE]

You can use Simon Mall gift cards anywhere, they're like visa cards with a price put on it. I've used them plenty of times anywhere I wanted to.

bread's done
Back