Indiana Deals Thread

[quote name='iufoltzie']Fort Wayne based McVans (with location in Indy) has a buy 1 get 2nd game 50% off sale for May.

http://www.mcvans.com/

I've read on this thread that their quality has dropped since the first partner left, but I must admit they have one heck of a selection at the Indy/Fishers location, but getting CAG deals is unlikely.[/QUOTE]

most people in fort wayne has told that place they can stick their games up their #$#$#. they sell people bootleg games and then when you try to return them, they try to say your passing your bootlegs to mcvans.

im glad to see them sitting on 1,000s of ps1 and older games they cant sell .

funny thing is 90% of their selling prices of USED stuff is more then you can run out and buy the games new.

YEa give me that new super mario game for 35 even though i can get it for 30 at walmart LOL

they want 9 bucks per trade per DS game. They just suck. and it proves the suck. walk into a mcvans today and see how few of NEWER trades they have. 5 years back i would walk in and see at least 20 games on the top level in trading. I walked in last week and they only had 1 new ps2 game up for trades.

90% of their stock is blue dot or lower and they still cant trade the junk off.

o by the way did i say MCVANS SUCKS

[quote name='slidecage']most people in fort wayne has told that place they can stick their games up their #$#$#. they sell people bootleg games and then when you try to return them, they try to say your passing your bootlegs to mcvans.

im glad to see them sitting on 1,000s of ps1 and older games they cant sell .

funny thing is 90% of their selling prices of USED stuff is more then you can run out and buy the games new.

YEa give me that new super mario game for 35 even though i can get it for 30 at walmart LOL

they want 9 bucks per trade per DS game. They just suck. and it proves the suck. walk into a mcvans today and see how few of NEWER trades they have. 5 years back i would walk in and see at least 20 games on the top level in trading. I walked in last week and they only had 1 new ps2 game up for trades.

90% of their stock is blue dot or lower and they still cant trade the junk off.

o by the way did i say MCVANS SUCKS[/QUOTE]
I agree. Back in the PS1/N64, early Dreamcast days and before, I use to go to McVan's all the time. Previously, games couldn't be bought for less than $10 at EB or Gamestop, or it rarely occurred. Also, many games didn't drop price as often. So, spending $5-$9 on a trade use to seem like a great deal. Although I admit their price on new games was a joke, still is, but I just bought them else where. I use to almost always be able to find the games I want, at one of their locations. Although I haven't been there in around a year, the selection now SUCKS where you can't find any good game to trade to get, especially at the higher levels. Yeah, most of their games are blue dot, green dot, etc. The worst part is, they charge $7 to trade for it, when most of those games only cost that amount at EB/Gamestop, and I don't lose a game for it. I really hope they go out of business, because ever since Rob left, that place now SUCKS.

[quote name='Samurai T']I agree. Back in the PS1/N64, early Dreamcast days and before, I use to go to McVan's all the time. Previously, games couldn't be bought for less than $10 at EB or Gamestop, or it rarely occurred. Also, many games didn't drop price as often. So, spending $5-$9 on a trade use to seem like a great deal. Although I admit their price on new games was a joke, still is, but I just bought them else where. I use to almost always be able to find the games I want, at one of their locations. Although I haven't been there in around a year, the selection now SUCKS where you can't find any good game to trade to get, especially at the higher levels. Yeah, most of their games are blue dot, green dot, etc. The worst part is, they charge $7 to trade for it, when most of those games only cost that amount at EB/Gamestop, and I don't lose a game for it. I really hope they go out of business, because ever since Rob left, that place now SUCKS.[/QUOTE]

i knew one of the workers a few years back and they said "if they ever have a bad christmas season they would be #$#$#$#'

i guess 70% of all the money they make comes from Nov 1 to Jan 15

Not that I have an interest in overtly defending a seemingly bad company, but their prices on new games, while out of line for what you could get at big-box retail isnt uncommon for smaller venues that still try to sell new games. The smaller companies arent able to get the good deal on price that a place like Wal-Mart can. I dont understand why they try, when its clearly not their strength.

All complaints being fair, I still give them a look for older items since I can leave McVans with game in hand and not have to mess with eBay. I am not aware of anyplace else in Indianapolis with that scope.

In Lafayette, IN, there's a used game store called GameXchange. Some of their PS1 game prices might be high, but the majority of their games are really well priced. Most SNES games can be purchased for $6, while Turbo 16 Grafx games are just $1-$2. That store only sells used games, except maybe some new import games.

There's also Game Crazy for used games. They may not carry every console/handheld game there is, but they carry the more popular ones in the past, and have their games for good price, especially when compared to McVan's.

[quote name='iufoltzie']Not that I have an interest in overtly defending a seemingly bad company, but their prices on new games, while out of line for what you could get at big-box retail isnt uncommon for smaller venues that still try to sell new games. The smaller companies arent able to get the good deal on price that a place like Wal-Mart can. I dont understand why they try, when its clearly not their strength.

All complaints being fair, I still give them a look for older items since I can leave McVans with game in hand and not have to mess with eBay. I am not aware of anyplace else in Indianapolis with that scope.[/QUOTE]

you must have a good mcvans in your area then. here locally the workers look at the prices on ebay and that is how they price their rare games.

they had shadow hearts for 16 bucks for the longest time till a worker saw that they used to fetch 50 each. so they pulled every copy and sold them under a workers ebay account.. that is why you cant find shadow hearts anymore at mcvans

What's wrong with a store selling stock on Ebay that's collecting dust in the store, especially if they can get more money for it?

I know at our comic book shops we have statues collect dust that don't even sell during our big annual sales when they're 25-50% off. I'll pop them on Ebay and get 2-3 times retail for them if they're a few years old and rare. Kind of makes me wonder why none of our customers ever buy up some of our statues just to resell. We had $100 retail statue forever that was going for $500 on Ebay...but no one in Indianapolis wanted it for $100.

If I see a $50 video game at Blockbuster for $10, I'm gonna buy it and trade it here or Ebay it.

[quote name='Rictor']What's wrong with a store selling stock on Ebay that's collecting dust in the store, especially if they can get more money for it?

I know at our comic book shops we have statues collect dust that don't even sell during our big annual sales when they're 25-50% off. I'll pop them on Ebay and get 2-3 times retail for them if they're a few years old and rare. Kind of makes me wonder why none of our customers ever buy up some of our statues just to resell. We had $100 retail statue forever that was going for $500 on Ebay...but no one in Indianapolis wanted it for $100.

If I see a $50 video game at Blockbuster for $10, I'm gonna buy it and trade it here or Ebay it.[/QUOTE]

the deal is try take everything people trade in that is worth anything and sell it on ebay then put it in their stores and allow other people to trade it off.

personally i dont see why anyone sells games to them. Top level game they will sell it for 38 but only give you 10-12 bucks for it even if it came out yesterday

[quote name='WAJedi']Anyone having any luck trying to find a DS Lite?[/quote]

Nope. Checked the Wal-Marts in Brownsburg and Avon and the Targets in Avon and Carmel (421 North).

[quote name='slidecage']you must have a good mcvans in your area then. here locally the workers look at the prices on ebay and that is how they price their rare games.

they had shadow hearts for 16 bucks for the longest time till a worker saw that they used to fetch 50 each. so they pulled every copy and sold them under a workers ebay account.. that is why you cant find shadow hearts anymore at mcvans[/QUOTE]

u are just pissed cuz u cant flip it on ebay like you do with every cheap rare game u find...

A little off topic. Any of you local guys looking for a PocketPC?
I got a new one, and need to trade off my old one. I'd trade it for an old Xbox if it's in good shape, or other gaming stuff. Let me know.

It's an Axim X5, 300mhz 64mb onboard with CF and SD slots.

Have you guys ever considered having an Indiana CAG meetup/swap meet?
I wonder if we have enough people to merit it.

@arbiter - I wonder that as well... I think Evansville would be a great place to have a tri-state (KY, IN, IL) CAG meet-and-greet-and-hopefully-trade, hint hint.
Either that, or a well-coordinated raid on every used game store in E'ville.

/wants revenge on Book Broker for putting HALF of Shenmue II PAL up for sale

[quote name='Sailorneorune']@arbiter - I wonder that as well... I think Evansville would be a great place to have a tri-state (KY, IN, IL) CAG meet-and-greet-and-hopefully-trade, hint hint.
Either that, or a well-coordinated raid on every used game store in E'ville.

/wants revenge on Book Broker for putting HALF of Shenmue II PAL up for sale[/QUOTE]

Nahhh someplace in fort wayne would rock more. We could get people from Indiana, Michigain, Illi, and ohio since we are smack in the middle.

i know over at IPFW the libary is always open and would be a wonderful place to meet up since noone ever uses the 3rd floor : )

doubt it would work though. I think i have only seen 1 or 2 other cag people around the fort wayne area

I vote for the Fort as well. :)
I wonder if we could get a reservation or private room at a restraunt and start the pillaging from there.

Do you need a student to reserve space at IPFW?
We did a Meetup at BSU once and we just had to have a student group request the space for us.

A long time ago some friends and I pondered doing something local in Muncie where a group of gamers met every couple of months to swap used games.

Jefferson Point or Glenbrook would be good launch locations. Both have food, and an EB & Best Buy nearby.

[quote name='arbiter']I vote for the Fort as well. :)
I wonder if we could get a reservation or private room at a restraunt and start the pillaging from there.

Do you need a student to reserve space at IPFW?
We did a Meetup at BSU once and we just had to have a student group request the space for us.

A long time ago some friends and I pondered doing something local in Muncie where a group of gamers met every couple of months to swap used games.

Jefferson Point or Glenbrook would be good launch locations. Both have food, and an EB & Best Buy nearby.[/QUOTE]

if you use the libarary anyone can walk in (they really dont card you) to use a Room in walb you will need a student Id. Im not sure how hard it is to get the room... I doubt you will want the BALLROOM cause if that is the room you do want expect to meet people in 2008 (since that is how far in advance its booked)

I used to do room meetings for a drama club my cousin was in and its simple to book a smaller room. I dont know if you will be allow to do it at the mall cause it would be hurting Eb business and im not sure if your allow to do business inside the mall like that

I'm only in Fort Wayne for short periods of time, so I'd probably miss out. I back in school right now, in West Lafayette, IN.

I wouldn't be surprised if slidecage has seen me before, but didn't know it. ;)

Ft. Wayne sucks. Indianapolis is a Gamer mecca...we have 20 or 30 Gamerush/Blockbuster stores, about the same number of Gamestop/EB stores, 3 Game Crazy stores, 3 Circuit Cities, 5 Best Buys (I think), several K-Marts, tons of Targets, and quite a few mom and pop game stores. You could easily spend a whole weekend driving around the 465 loop and spending just 10-15 minutes at each store. I do it a couple times a year. This would be a great city for a video game convention/swap meet.

If the purpose is to buy, sell, & trade, I say with Fort Wayne. If you want to run around all day going into different store Indy is fine. I vote for Fort Wayne, I have a basement full of misc. games and Video Game swag. Going from Atari 2600 to Commodore 64 to Phillips CD-i to XBOX 360.

I do agree that for game shopping, FT. Wayne does suck. I do think it would be a good place for a swap meet. I would love for the chance to meet some other cag's and clean out some of my stuff.

BTW, do you guys know if there are any real arcades left in fort wayne?

[quote name='erehwon']I do agree that for game shopping, FT. Wayne does suck. I do think it would be a good place for a swap meet. I would love for the chance to meet some other cag's and clean out some of my stuff.

BTW, do you guys know if there are any real arcades left in fort wayne?[/QUOTE]
\

i guess putt putt would be the most closest thing to a real arcade place

There's Putt Putt and Tokens & Tickets. T&T is more of a kids place...but you can actually find nights when there are no scrawny hyperactive kids hogging the DDR machine. :) (no offense to the scrawny people in the crowd)
Seriously...I think some of those guys live on that machine...they never stop for air or food.

Um...I think Putt Putt & Ultrazone both have LAN party rooms.
There's also the Fort LAN place...I think Alpha Computer Systems owns it.

they got a nice little arcade place down in walb union at IPFW but

1. i think you got to be a student to get in
2. they are closed for the summer (i think)

The only other place I can think of with an arcade cab is the connie factory over by corncordia high school. They got a mvs cab with, I think, 4 games. I think one of them is a metal slug game. I got get back there again sometime.

Toys R Us in Indy (Castleton) has quite a few DS Lites and copies of Brain Age for those of you looking to cash in the printable coupon deal from the general deals section.

I was at the Lima Rd. EB yesterday, lots of games for less than $9 in the bins. I think they got more old stock dumped on them from corperate when they opened. They seem to have more low priced Gamecube stuff than the JP location.

I picked up Power Drome racing for my kid for $1.49.

Your stopping in at the wrong store Arbiter!! EB Games @ Maysville Road and US37, has the biggest selection of any EB store that I have been in. They have over 600 different PS2, over 400 Xbox, and over 200 Gamecube titles in stock at all times. Not to mention about 600+ DVDs

That the one over by Wal-Mart and Buffalo Wild Wings?
I don't get out that way much, but last time I was there they had a good bunch of PS1 and all kinds of discontinued accessories...

i've counted 5 at least or so fort wayners and I would make 6. Probably more that I can't think of and some lurkers or course. I saw a man and lady probably in the 35-45 age range durning the 5 dollar CC sale. I never happened to see them identified on here though. Anyways

That should be enough for a decent start, who knows maybe we'll pull some from Michigan, Ohio or even Indy. If its just Fort Wayners I'd say just meet in a park or parking lot somewhere in the middle of the fort that way there would be no one to bug or complain about where were meeting. Otherwise a larger known place easier to find for out of towners.

I would suggest that we plan for just fort wayners to start and adjust from there if it others plan on coming. Franke Park by the Zoo sounds good. Fairly easy to find and quite open. Whatcha all think ¿?

I'm not sure if you saw me during the $5 CC, floormat, because I was there just after it opened. I was a short black guy (short hair), and looked around the age in the 20's.

I still wonder who that person was, while I was at CC (who had glasses), who had a list from CAG, looking around CC. That same person showed the list to a lady who worked at CC at the time. I remember taking a look at the list myself.

nah it wasn't you then. I was there on that sunday about 1:30 pm. I seen what seemed to be a middle aged white couple with a CAG list. I met slidcage at a apple glen best buy once. He's the only self identified CAG I have met.

I wonder if it's LoganDX, because he use to post here at the time and he was married (I believe he is, since I remember him having a kid). However, I remember his old signature was saying death to all people who bought most every game during the CC sale (even if they don't care about it), so he might have been late. I'm going to continue thinking about it.

I really wouldn't be surprised if I've run into slidecage before, but we probably never knew it if we did.

Also, I went to a CC in Merrillville, IN, the day the sale was suppose to start (since I checked that CC too) and saw another person with a list, who I talked to for a bit, but I never found out if he posted here.

[quote name='floormat']i've counted 5 at least or so fort wayners and I would make 6. Probably more that I can't think of and some lurkers or course. I saw a man and lady probably in the 35-45 age range durning the 5 dollar CC sale. I never happened to see them identified on here though. Anyways

That should be enough for a decent start, who knows maybe we'll pull some from Michigan, Ohio or even Indy. If its just Fort Wayners I'd say just meet in a park or parking lot somewhere in the middle of the fort that way there would be no one to bug or complain about where were meeting. Otherwise a larger known place easier to find for out of towners.

I would suggest that we plan for just fort wayners to start and adjust from there if it others plan on coming. Franke Park by the Zoo sounds good. Fairly easy to find and quite open. Whatcha all think ¿?[/QUOTE]
That sounds good. Would we likely have this on a weekend?

Quote:
Originally Posted by floormat
i've counted 5 at least or so fort wayners and I would make 6. Probably more that I can't think of and some lurkers or course. I saw a man and lady probably in the 35-45 age range durning the 5 dollar CC sale. I never happened to see them identified on here though. Anyways

I would suggest that we plan for just fort wayners to start and adjust from there if it others plan on coming. Franke Park by the Zoo sounds good. Fairly easy to find and quite open. Whatcha all think ¿?

That sounds good. Would we likely have this on a weekend?

I think that would make the most sense as that would likely have the highest rate of turnout. anyone else concur/wanna be a part of this ¿?

Yeah, the park could work...we should pick one that has covered pavillions.
The library will sign out rooms to local non-profit groups on first come first served basis. I'm sure if we approach it as a video game / dvd / book swap group they'd be ok with it...as long as we don't sell anything. We might have to avoid using "cheapass" when signing out the facilities. I'm thinking this might be a good idea for the foul weather months.

I wonder if any local coffeeshop would be willing to host? You guys been to the Dragon Keep Cafe in Waynedale?

Wow, where are all the Indianapolis CAGers? Seems like everyone is from Ft. Wayne, which going by population, doesn't make sense.

Anyone in Indy hitting up the GR/BB stores around town? I've been to 3 here on the west side and found pretty much everything I wanted except for maybe 3 or 4 games which SHOULD be easy to find...like Punisher for $5. I'm probably going to hit up a few stores in Greenwood tomorrow since I'll be down that way. Probably hit up Castleton whenever I'm up there next (might be a month or so). Doubt if there will be anything left but I like driving around to the GR stores to see what used stuff they have anyway (especially when I have trade credit to burn).

I mentioned New SMB to the employee at the GR near me today and he pulled a copy out of the drawer along with a DS Lite. He was holding them for himself, the cheeky bastard. I already found a Lite at a Greenwood GR a couple weeks ago so it's all good...but I drove to like 10 stores looking for NSMB so I could buy it with credit instead of cash. Why the stores in Indy all got like 10 copies each of Super Princess Peach and 1 copy of NSMB, I have no idea.

I'm in Indy and if you're looking for a DS lite or NSMB Toys R Us has quite a few... Now of course you cant use credit on them, but they do have that nice buy 2g1 and Brain DS Lite bundle.

I've been looking for a DS Lite in FW...but I'm at the mercy of EB because I have a gift card for there. They've been out for 3 days at all the stores. Any locals looking for an original DS? I'll or trade mine once I have the Lite.

[quote name='iufoltzie']I'm in Indy and if you're looking for a DS lite or NSMB Toys R Us has quite a few... Now of course you cant use credit on them, but they do have that nice buy 2g1 and Brain DS Lite bundle.[/quote]

Nah, I found a DS Lite at GR a couple weeks ago and I have NSMB coming in trade now.

EB Games on Maysville Road said they will more in on Friday morning. Just call them @ 485-9829 on Friday and they will gladly hold you one. They are also give $60 in trades for original DS starting on Friday.

[quote name='amos_82']EB Games on Maysville Road said they will more in on Friday morning. Just call them @ 485-9829 on Friday and they will gladly hold you one. They are also give $60 in trades for original DS starting on Friday.[/quote]

I think Game Crazy is still giving $71 and Gamerush/Blockbuster will match that price.

[quote name='Rictor']I think Game Crazy is still giving $71 and Gamerush/Blockbuster will match that price.[/QUOTE]There is no Game Rush yet in Fort Wayne, I believe, unless one Blockbuster just added one not too long ago. I wish there was though.

[quote name='arbiter']Dang. Right now EB is only giving 40 for a original DS. Which is a huge ripoff![/QUOTE]

If you dont have access to one of the other places eBay is going to get you the best price... They are still moving at a decent price over there...

Of course if you have a sibling or someone else in your family its one heck of a regift. I'm getting a days hard labor out of my younger brother and it counts as his birthday present.

bread's done
Back