Indiana Deals Thread

[quote name='erehwon']The target over by glenbrook is closing tomorrow. I went there today and picked up some clearance stuff. Anything with a clearance tag gets an extra 75% off. I passed on a 3 month live box for the 360. I think there were four or five left this morning. I picked up

geist
ps2 logitech usb headset
ps2 slim vertical stand

for $12.90

There wasn't too much left.[/QUOTE]

crap forgot all about target closing. would loved to grab 75% off clearance. my couins buys all those doggie outfits. would of rocked for around 3 buck each

[quote name='slidecage']crap forgot all about target closing. would loved to grab 75% off clearance. my couins buys all those doggie outfits. would of rocked for around 3 buck each[/QUOTE]Lol, I know what you're talking about.

Well it seems all the blockbuster in fort wayne will stop carrying PSP games very soon. they have started to pull down 50% of all the games and are selling them (at insane prices)

one person i talked to say they will pull all PSP game games as soon as the WII and PS 3 come out. Seems going to be forced to go back to gamefly for psp games

[quote name='slidecage']Well it seems all the blockbuster in fort wayne will stop carrying PSP games very soon. they have started to pull down 50% of all the games and are selling them (at insane prices)

one person i talked to say they will pull all PSP game games as soon as the WII and PS 3 come out. Seems going to be forced to go back to gamefly for psp games[/QUOTE]That sucks to hear, because I wanted to rent PSP games for a while. :( Yeah, I believe you about those insane prices, because that's what I see Blockbuster charge on games.

Oh well, life sucks. :(

I had a great day today. I went to Fry's Electronics in Fishers, IN, and bought Metal Gear Acid 2 for $19.99. I went to Toy's R Us in Castleton, IN, and bought Eyetoy Anti-Grav for $9.98 (There were 4 copies, I bought one). I also got Tekken DR for PSP, for $33.99, due to 15% off General Merchandise at Meijer.

I was at Sears today, and they did a few more markdowns

Namco Museum Battle Collection is $9.97, for PSP. They had two copies left, and I bought one of them.

I saw SSX On Tour, PSP, for $6.97.

I was at the Target on Mapplecrest today, and I found Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max, PSP, for $19.99, so I bought it.

I was just looking through a trader paper for this week and noticed an Arcade warehouse sale listing.

Here's what it says:

Arcade warehouse sale. Pinballs & jukeboxes, arcade video games, cash & carry discounts, Wagner gameworks 317-326-3533.

I just thought some of you might be interested. I'd like to look, but I don't have the room for an arcade cabinet. It also looks like it is near Indy, too far for me to go. I

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I was at Sears today, and they did a few more markdowns

Namco Museum Battle Collection is $9.97, for PSP. They had two copies left, and I bought one of them.

I saw SSX On Tour, PSP, for $6.97.

I was at the Target on Mapplecrest today, and I found Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max, PSP, for $19.99, so I bought it.[/QUOTE]

plan on hitting target tomorrow (must put car in PARK LOL)

i report back if anything left.

love to grab those 2 psp games

[quote name='slidecage']plan on hitting target tomorrow (must put car in PARK LOL)

i report back if anything left.

love to grab those 2 psp games[/QUOTE]I was there again today at Sears, and Namco Museum Battle was still there. Target has two copies of SFA3 Max left.

I'm tempted to buy SSX. Although I know it's not as good as the console versions, that price is tempting and I kind of feel like playing a snowboarding game right now. I still need to pick up Ultimate Block Party one day, at Sears.

I might travel this weekend of next, to stores in other cities in Indiana or Illinois. If I do, I'll report anything I see.

Anyone have an xbox they want to sell?
I may be heading to McVans to buy one tomorrow. They seem to have the best deal in town. $99 + a yellow dot game and a 90 day warranty.
Atomic Hobbies & Games has one but no guarantuee. Eb wants $110 and only promises 7 days.

I noticed there was no more SSX left, at Sears. There wasn't much there, when I went today.

As for arbiter's comment about the Xbox, I've considered not keeping mine; however, I have kind of a big collection to take on. Also, I may just keep my Xbox, although it doesn't always work (another reason I probably won't sell it), since 20% or less of my games are BC with X360, which I plan to eventually get.

[quote name='arbiter']Anyone have an xbox they want to sell?
I may be heading to McVans to buy one tomorrow. They seem to have the best deal in town. $99 + a yellow dot game and a 90 day warranty.
Atomic Hobbies & Games has one but no guarantuee. Eb wants $110 and only promises 7 days.[/QUOTE]

if you got a Credit card i buy a new one to get double the warrenty. Why anyone would buy a used system is beyond me. system goes out in 94 days your SOL and out 100 bucks. ALSO they can say you abused the system and VOID the 90 day warrenty. I will never deal with mcvans again.

100 bucks for a used system what they paid around 20 to 25 for lol

Back to the topic of a Fort Wayne CAG meetup.
My son & I went and checked out XScape today. The owner said he'd be happy to host a CAG meetup/swap meet. We just need to set a weekend and check with him to make sure there isn't a Halo tournament that weekend.

It's a cool place. He has a dozen or so booths with a mid-sized TV with an Xbox attached. They're all networked. (2 stations have Live) It's $5 an hour per person. The owner told us that if you tell him it's your first visit, he'll give you 2 hours for the price of one. They also have two HD tv rigs...today one was running Halo2, the other was DDR.

They have a coffee shop area out front...snacks, pies, coffee, and soft drinks. There's a TV & air hockey for the non-gamers.

I've been in there and it's not that bad a place for a meetup. I do think that we would have to do a swap outside. I don't think there is enough room in there for that.

Your best deal is still EB Games for an XBOX system. $110 for a USED system, which actually has a 30-day warranty included. You can also add an NO-questions asked 1-year warranty for an additional $19.99! Also if you looking for a GREEN Halo Limited Edition one, EB Games on Maysville road said that they had one in back for $109.99 just in case anyone ever asks for that color. I would buy the green Halo one, get a warranty. Plus you could always sell the GREEN one on Ebay for more than you paid, if you change your mind.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I'm not too sure where that place is (don't recall hearing about it before). :([/QUOTE]
It's at 6722 E State Blvd, over in Georgetown. It is where Computer Corner used to be, across from the library. It's a few stores down from a Cap-N-Cork.

[quote name='erehwon']I've been in there and it's not that bad a place for a meetup. I do think that we would have to do a swap outside. I don't think there is enough room in there for that.[/quote]

Well, there is the coffeehouse area, and he says there is a party room.
He just recommended we schedule early on a Saturday to avoid crowds, and schedule on a weekend where there is no Halo tournament running.

[quote name='amos_82'], EB Games on Maysville road said that they had one in back for $109.99 just in case anyone ever asks for that color[/quote]

I thought about getting one from EB. Turns out I know someone at work who has barely used their xbox, hasn't abused it, and they were willing to match the EB price and thrown in their extra controllers and games. So I think I'm going with that.

Has anyone found any of the old Xbox live 3-month starters on clearance anywhere? I heard they're getting rid of them at some chains. I'd like to pick one up somewhere.

I was in EB a couple times this week, they're running a buy 2 get one free on old sports titles. It appears to be mostly Xbox and PS2. Not a bad opportunity to pick up snowboarding and racing titles...I saw several in the bin at the JP store. (along with all the out of date football and basketball games)

I saw it at Sears before, but I don't think it's there anymore.

Sorry, I haven't been around much in a while (I'll probably rarely be around anymore), due to work and college (extremely busy).

TRU has some ok deals right now. I'm sure there is a list on the main deals forum.

I saw a couple of Xbox arcade sticks for $15. Wireless controllers w/ live headsets for $24. Looked like there were better deals in the PS2 section.

[quote name='arbiter']Well, there is the coffeehouse area, and he says there is a party room.
He just recommended we schedule early on a Saturday to avoid crowds, and schedule on a weekend where there is no Halo tournament running.[/QUOTE]

mostly only day i can show is sunday. unless its like 7am saturday (go to work at 11am) and after a full 18 hours of classes im too lazy to get up at 7am LOL

Sears has some discount bin games. All $5 to $20. Looked like there were some PSP titles. I think I caught a pool game and some kind of racer.
I don't have a PSP, so I don't really follow the titles.

[quote name='arbiter']Sears has some discount bin games. All $5 to $20. Looked like there were some PSP titles. I think I caught a pool game and some kind of racer.
I don't have a PSP, so I don't really follow the titles.[/QUOTE]I'm thinking it's the same bin I saw before, with games like Ultimate Block Party, Gripshift, etc. I'm going there on Saturday, since I come home to Fort Wayne. However, I cannot purchase anything due to buying a few new PS2 RPGs soon, along with getting an Xbox 360 in a few weeks (If everything goes well).

I was at the target on Maplecrest a few days ago. I saw Halo 2 CE on clearance for $20. They had atleast 10 to 15 copies. I can't wait for this to drop to around $10.

[quote name='erehwon']I was at the target on Maplecrest a few days ago. I saw Halo 2 CE on clearance for $20. They had atleast 10 to 15 copies. I can't wait for this to drop to around $10.[/QUOTE]I caught that too. I can't buy it, since a friend of mine is sending his copy (along with his Xbox 360).

I was at Sears on Saturday and Sunday, and they had a huge clearance. I was able to get Killzone (PS2) for $4.97 and Amped 2 (Xbox), for $2.97. Unfortunately, Sears didn't deactivate the security sensor, so every store I went into it, the alarm went off, but luckily the guy who would at Suncoast was nice enough to de-activate them for me.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I caught that too. I can't buy it, since a friend of mine is sending his copy (along with his Xbox 360).

I was at Sears on Saturday and Sunday, and they had a huge clearance. I was able to get Killzone (PS2) for $4.97 and Amped 2 (Xbox), for $2.97. Unfortunately, Sears didn't deactivate the security sensor, so every store I went into it, the alarm went off, but luckily the guy who would at Suncoast was nice enough to de-activate them for me.[/QUOTE]

they must tossed more stuff out at sears or someone grabbed it all. only sale games i seen was

F ZERO for 2 bucks grabbed 2
Amped 2 xbox for 4 bucks grabbed 1

didnt see any other major cheap games *5 or under*

i went at noon sunday

I was at the Sears at the Castleton Mall today...saw Trace Memory for $10, Pac & Roll for $10 (in the glass case, not on the clearance table), Sea World DS for $10, Hustle Detroit (Billiards game for PSP) for $10 and a bunch of blah PS and Xbox games in the $10-15 range...nothing exciting. They may be rining up cheaper than they were marked...I didn't bother scanning any as I didn't see anything that interested me.

I also went to the Sears at the scary mall on 38th St. about a week or two ago. It was hard to see what clearance games they had as all the games are in glass cases and stacked on top of each other. Looked like the same DS clearance titles you see everywhere though and a few GBA titles.

I was also at the Target on 38th St. today. They have some new clearance games, some in the cases with the other games and few on the endcaps a few aisles down from the games. All the copies of Drilldozer I saw a few weeks ago were gone, as were the copies of Geist I saw. In the case, I remember seeing Yoshi Topsy Turvy for $15, Yoshi DS for $20, and several other mediocre titles I can't recall.

[quote name='slidecage']Amped 2 xbox for 4 bucks grabbed 1

didnt see any other major cheap games *5 or under*

i went at noon sunday[/QUOTE]Amped 2 was $4?? My copy was just $2.97, like I said. When I was at Sears, they had two copies and I bought one.

I guess I just missed you on Sunday, since I was there around an hour later.

It appears I waited to long to pick up Halo 2 LE from target. They apparently sold out. I was hoping it would drop in price atleast once. I feel kind of stupid since I traded in the $10 disc only copy of Halo 2 that I found at blockbuster. Well, atleast that credit went to my Xenosaga 3 preorder.

I did pick up a copy of Jade Empire LE for $10. I'm debating whether or not to keep it. I have the non-LE version that's still sealed, sitting on my shelf. I wonder if I could get anything for the non-LE version.

Anyone into board games? Meijer out by the SW auto mall has Heroscape master sets for $9.98. Some are still marked $24 or $39, but they're $9.98.
I picked one up today.

There were 3 left. They're in a clearance isle just past the summer outdoor section.

[quote name='arbiter']Anyone into board games? Meijer out by the SW auto mall has Heroscape master sets for $9.98. Some are still marked $24 or $39, but they're $9.98.
I picked one up today.

There were 3 left. They're in a clearance isle just past the summer outdoor section.[/quote]

I demoed that game at Gencon, wouldn't call it a board game exactly, more of a collectible miniature game. It was okay but a little too simple for my tastes. I spent a lot of time playing Heroclix when it first came out though, so I'm used to characters having lots of different abilities and more depth.

My buddy that was with me at Gencon liked it a lot and but a ton when get got home to Kokomo. The guy that taught us the game at Gencon even told us that it was probably on clearance everywhere by now, which is never a good sign for a game's future.

Well, I'd call it a board came, or an expandable miniatures game. There is really no collectability since there are no blind boosters, and the only rare minis are show giveaways.

Heh, anything with super heroes on it is collectible.

I went to the Target in Plainfield today and saw a bunch of clearance games. Some in the case, some out of the cases on the racks of budget titles, and a few on the clearance endcap. Only game worth reporting here is about 10 copies of Tales of Phantasia GBA for $15 each. It seems weird to me that Circuit City clearanced this game almost immediately after it came out and now Target clearances it as well. Both clearanced out Drilldozer as well. But really crappy movie/TV tie-in games from 3 years ago are still full price and taking up shelf space at both stores.

Went to Target in Plainfield again today. A few copies of Tales of Phantasia left, now $7.50. I bought the only copy of Mario Tennis (open but complete) for $7.50, Tony Hawk's Underground 2 (they had a couple more) for GC for $5, and Shaman King GBA $5 (they had a bunch). They also have a few strategy guides like Tekken 5 on clearance but they aren't cheap enough for me to buy them ($4 each).

Went to the Target on 38th St. Nothing worth mentioning.

[quote name='erehwon']The Maplecrest Target here in FW has a a couple copies left of Tales of Phantasia for $7.48.[/QUOTE]

i went there tuesday and picked up a few games. will probally return them Tuesday (need the cash my freaking brakes on my car went BOOM )

anyone hit the new target up to see if they had games on clearance.

im going to run to sears and probally target tomorrow morning will report back

[quote name='slidecage']anyone hit the new target up to see if they had games on clearance.

im going to run to sears and probally target tomorrow morning will report back[/QUOTE]
I dropped by Sears sometime this week and I did see a few copies of Chibi Robo for $14. They had some marked down games in the case like normal and there was also a bin of games in the men's department, just before you enter the tools department.

Are any of you guys in the Fort Wayne area interested in doing some trading? I was doing some cleaning and I pulled out all the guides I don't want. I also got some other stuff.

Guides
Tron 2.0
The Sims Online
Mario & Luigi: Partners In Time
Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell
Turok 2: Seeds of Evil
The Unauthorized Halo 2 Battle Guide
Final Fantasy X ( 2 copies: one good and one beat up)
Star Fox: Assult
Shadow of the Colossus
PSI-OPS
Need for Speed Underground
Mortal Kombat: Deception
Manhunt
Grand Theft Auto 3
Goldeneye: Rouge Agent
Enter the Matrix
Doom 3 (xbox version)
Destroy All Humans
Def Jam Fight for NY
Dead or Alive 4
Counter Strike
Call of Duty Finest Hour

Games

PC
Command and Conquer General
Guild Wars Pre-Order bonus
Test Drive 5

Gamegear
NBA Jam
Super Monaco GP
NHL All-Star

Misc.
3 NES dust covers
Red Faction Manual
Gundam Ez8 Master Grade model (partially finished)
Cable box (powered up, don’t know anything else)

I would just like to get rid of some of the stuff, trade for some guides, if you guys have some you don't want. If I can't trade the guides, I just might take some to McVans and get a few dollars in credit. I'm not going to bother with ebay since I doubt they'd sell. Just thought I'd ask you guys to see if you're interested in any of it.

[quote name='slidecage']anyone hit the new target up to see if they had games on clearance.

im going to run to sears and probally target tomorrow morning will report back[/QUOTE]I went to Target and they had next to NO games in stock. I didn't see any clearance games around, unless I looked in the wrong area. It seems to be that they moved over before having many games delivered. They is a lot more room for games now, but much of the space is either empty or the same game placed in several slots (like Sonic Rush for DS). However, they did designate an area for PS3 and Wii games, that won't be used until either launch.

I was at Sears on Sat. and didn't see any games in a bin, like before. I might have to check around the mens department, next time I go there.

I don't really have any guides. I use to look for $0.01, but kind of stopped (not around Fort Wayne too often).

I decided today to go to the Castleton, IN TRU, for the B2G1 free sale.

I bought:
Okami
Loco Roco
Baten Kaitos Origns (free)

My Mom bought me for Christmas (part of what I'll get)
Bomberman (PSP)
King of Fighers 2006
Mega Man ZX (free)

While I was at Fry's, I saw Generation of Chaos (PSP) was marked to $25.22. Only two copies, so I bought one. They also had Virtua Quest for $9.90 (PS2), but I decided not to buy it. Also, they had several Xbox games really cheap, like Whacked for less than $2.

finally went over to the new target by the mall and BLEH. nothing on sale and really dont like the new lye out. Anyone else notice that the halloween department is like 50-75% smaller then last years.

last year they had like 4 or 5 shelfs up front then around 5 to 7 in the back. This year its just like 5 shelfs in the back. They got more xmas stuff out then halloween

and the biggest thing is few to no adult outfits this year. last year they had at least 2 isles of costumes this year nothing (maybe 6 items)

Question for Indiana CAGs-- anyone know about (or live in) a town called Moore's Hill? Please let me know, I may need your advice on something...

[quote name='slidecage']finally went over to the new target by the mall and BLEH. nothing on sale and really dont like the new lye out. Anyone else notice that the halloween department is like 50-75% smaller then last years.

last year they had like 4 or 5 shelfs up front then around 5 to 7 in the back. This year its just like 5 shelfs in the back. They got more xmas stuff out then halloween

and the biggest thing is few to no adult outfits this year. last year they had at least 2 isles of costumes this year nothing (maybe 6 items)[/QUOTE]You should have went to Target two weeks ago. The selection of games was even worse than last Saturday (when I was there again). It will get better eventually, I hope. Luckily there's room for games, unlike the original Target.

bread's done
Back