Indiana Deals Thread

If you are in Indy, the Blockbuster at 56th and Georgetown is selling some consoles on clearance. DS Lite for $50, DSI for $75 and a PS3 160gb for $189.

[quote name='HeSaveDave']We should start an Indiana Band of Gaming Brotherhood Clan!!!!!!

Hail to my Hoosier brothers!!!!
[/QUOTE]

Wow that is ridiculously large font!

Silly story, tho not near Greenwood. I went looking for one that used to be up by Oaklandon and 79th. I couldn't find it and ended up accidentally parking across from a daycare center and some sort of school in what used to be a little shopping center. So there I am, looking at my phone, parked for a few minutes in front of a school by myself in a car, looking intently at my phone and I look up and notice I have a couple of people looking at me like I'm going to get a visit from Chris Hansen. I quickly get out of there and head across the street, only to find an abandoned shell of what used to be a Blockbuster. So, no DVD/BluRay sale for me.

SI

Hey guys it's been awhile. Money got tight the past few months but I had money this week so I just got back from hitting the Greenwood area. Here's what I found.

I first hit up Best Buy (31 and Fry). The only thing that stood out to me was Rockband: Greenday was $11. They had 1 left each for :360: :ps3. They also had Gig for $9 :360: . Most everything else was $15 and up same old stuff.

I next hit up Target (Meridian/135 and Smith Valley). Was actually suppressed there were clearance games. They had about 7 Bioshock 2 regular edition for $7.98 :ps3: I checked the one for :360: in the aisle and it was still $15. They also had 1 Adrenaline Misfits :360:, 3 The Last Guardian :360:, and 2 other :360: games I can't remember. But all of those titles were $19.98 each. Outside of Bioshock 2, there was nothing amazing.

I next hit up Disc Replay (31 and Stop 10 I guess??, in with Walmart) Didn't see anything too spectacular. The only 2 games that stood out to me was a decent condition Starcraft 64 (64) and it looked like 2 good condition Goemon's Great Adventure (64) for $20 each.

I hit the GameStop next door but didn't see anything eye catching. Also another semi gaming note, the Comic Carnival right next to the Disc Replay and GameStop had a note on the door saying the store was closing. Don't quote me on this but I believe everything in the store is 40% off.

@ragtop70 As far as I'm aware of there is a Blockbuster on 31 and Fairview.

I visited the Walmart on 96Th street in Fishers, Indiana. They had one copy left of The Sly Cooper Collection for $24.00 for PS3.

Was looking for Zelda: OOT at KMart today in Indy

* Went to the one on W Washington St by the airport and they didn't have it out but the guy in electronics said they got in some new stuff today and were sorting it out in the back so it should be there tomorrow

* Then I went to the one on Pendleton near where I live. There was a spot for it in the case but no copies. I asked the person working there and she had to open up a couple of boxes of "ad stuff" behind the desk but found me a copy, got the $15 coupon, and viola :D

SI

Anybody ever get to the Disc Replay in Lafayette? If so, how's their Super Nintendo & N64 collections. I'm thinking about driving down there but don't want to waste the time (2 hr drive for me) if they don't have much.

Yeah, I was wondering about that maybe a week or two ago when I drove by. Their ebay store is still up. Btw, anyone looking for 3DSs at WalMart on the east side is out of luck. The one on Washington still had them ringing up at $249 as of about 5pm and the one on Pendleton was completely out and with a sign that said $249 up. SI

[quote name='Captain Wrong']Did McVann's go tits up? Was in broad Ripple today and The Exchange is supposed to be opening soon where it was.[/QUOTE]

i remember hearing a rumor years ago that dave ( i think that was the owners name) sold the store for a few million years back they no longer run the stores in indy or fort wayne,.

it wouldnt shock me cause their price range has changed in the last few years....

i remember back in 97 i was banned for a year for flipping games to them LOL

I know it's not a "new" deal but if anyone's looking for a copy of Dragon Warrior 3 for the NES, the Disc Replay at Castleton had 2 for $25 each. It was the only NES one that I was missing (had it, loaned to a cousin, never saw again) but I have no use for 2 so one was still there as of Friday night.

SI

(My post in the KMart thread for Zelda seekers)

I went to Pendleton Pike (Indianapolis) KMart first around 8:30. There was a guy working electronics but he didn't know a new Zelda game came out today. There was no spot in the case marked for Zelda and we had the "Games come out on Tuesdays" discussion. To his credit, he went and checked but could not find it, so I'm going with a stocking fail there.

Then I went down the road a couple of miles to Washington Street and Zelda success. When I walked up, the woman working the register was going through the ad with another customer, talking about various ads and deals and when they had a moment's pause, she said "You're looking for Zelda, aren't you?" and she was on top of it: "Controller one, or non-controller one".

She then was talking to the other customer (I got the impression they knew each other) about how I'm probably a gamer who probably had a coupon from the last game and I'll be getting another one from this game to use on another game, so she was trying to sell the other customer on getting on the coupon train. I tried to help her out with "yeah, I'll be back in 2 weeks for Mario Kart for the 3DS with the new coupon", since the other customer was getting 3DS games for her kids. When I was getting checked out, she asked if I knew about the ".com" and how there's an entire site for KMart gaming so word is getting out even if the details are a bit sketchy.

I feel bad for not getting her name because she was extremely helpful and knowledgeable and, for one day, going to KMart seemed just like going to any other retailer rather than some of the "horror" stories you hear on the board. All it takes is having one solid game in your area and now I know where I can go to make sure I can get the KMart deals.

So, for everyone in Indy without the game, Washington Street had 5 copies of the Collector's Edition left as of about 30 minutes ago when I left. Pendleton Pike probably won't be putting them out until Tuesday so that's another possibility if you miss out today.

SI

[quote name='slidecage']i remember hearing a rumor years ago that dave ( i think that was the owners name) sold the store for a few million years back they no longer run the stores in indy or fort wayne,.

it wouldnt shock me cause their price range has changed in the last few years....

i remember back in 97 i was banned for a year for flipping games to them LOL[/QUOTE]

The first time I ever came across McVanns was while driving around Fishers, then they moved into Broad Ripple and I hit them up every time I went to BR. But yeah, they left that location a few months back and it is now a place called "The Exchange". It's a used media store, but they surprisingly have a lot of old and new games, in nice ABC order, along with peripheral's to boot.

So check em out, after looking everywhere under the sun for A Boy and His Blob for wii for my mother, I found it there (Castleton location) for 18$ in great condition. It's a nice little replacement to McVanns.

There's another Exchange up at Castleton and they're pretty good. Prices aren't as good as Disc Replay, but they're cheaper than McVann's. McVann's was a boutique game store and there's a market for that and it was good to go in and chat video games with the guys there, typically, but you also pay more for it.

SI

The Exchange is a chain based out of Ohio (Cleveland, I believe). In effect they are just like McVans, except their setup in terms of shelving is much nicer, more dense, and easier to browse.

Has anyone been to the "Junk Drawer" at 1 Cecil Ave? I think it's at the corner of Franklin and Washington (Indianapolis), I might try to head out there today and see what kind of oldies they have.

I've went there a few months ago. Seems like the guy who runs it is pretty nice. It's a tiny little shop with tons of stuff crammed into it- a shop that looks more like a hoarder's house. I picked up some old school Atari games and I seem to remember some standard old school games but I don't really remember and I'm sure things have changed.

SI

Checked out the Junk Drawer. It's mostly unlocked used phones and a few action figures. The games section is pretty small with mostly old atari games, genesis, and NES with a few Gamecube thrown in.

It's worth checking out if you're looking for something specific that they might have, but otherwise it's a pass.

I'm not in the market for GC games so I don't know the titles he had, but I would say about 10-15 games for GC.

Also, there is a very small place on the Southwest side, in Decatur Township called Game Replay, or Games Replay. It sits on south High School Road, just south of Decatur Central High School. He has a variety of games and some consoles, with some import stuff thrown in. He also repairs and mods systems if your into that or in need of a repair. I don't have the addy or number at the moment, but it's really close to my house, so I can post it this weekend. His hours vary though, I think he just opens when he is bored.

I have one of those video game moral quandaries. I've been looking for :ds: Radiant Historia for probably a year now and it's just become rarer and rarer. It's to the point where, despite being a collector who pretty much has to have every modern game complete, I'd probably buy the cart at GS for $28 if there were one in a 50 mile radius (the one that shows at GS.com on Pendleton Pike- not there).

So, tonight, I'm leaving Castleton and decide to stop in at The Exchange at the last minute. I look around and pick up some other stuff but then I see: They have a copy! It's $35 but who cares, a complete copy would run me $50-$60 on ebay so I would gladly pay that. The girl working there takes it out of the case and it's still sealed! Now that runs $80-$100 on ebay. But I badly want to play the game. However, I feel almost guilty that I found a mint copy and the act of taking off the shrink wrap will cost me $40. What's a gamer to do?!?

SI

[quote name='sterlingice']I have one of those video game moral quandaries. I've been looking for :ds: Radiant Historia for probably a year now and it's just become rarer and rarer. It's to the point where, despite being a collector who pretty much has to have every modern game complete, I'd probably buy the cart at GS for $28 if there were one in a 50 mile radius (the one that shows at GS.com on Pendleton Pike- not there).

So, tonight, I'm leaving Castleton and decide to stop in at The Exchange at the last minute. I look around and pick up some other stuff but then I see: They have a copy! It's $35 but who cares, a complete copy would run me $50-$60 on ebay so I would gladly pay that. The girl working there takes it out of the case and it's still sealed! Now that runs $80-$100 on ebay. But I badly want to play the game. However, I feel almost guilty that I found a mint copy and the act of taking off the shrink wrap will cost me $40. What's a gamer to do?!?

SI[/QUOTE]

Flip that baby!

Yah, just sell it and then use part of the money to buy a used, open copy.

I was at the Half Price Books in Avon today and they got a huge shipment of PS2 games in. They have a ton at $5 each, including sealed games. Then they have the stuff like Shadow Hearts and a bunch of rare RPGs at fairly normal market prices, except most of those are sealed as well.

They don't look resealed, as they still have the Playstation sticker on top of the cases intact. However, all the UPCs on the sealed games have a holepunch through the UPC (but not the case). I'm not sure how you do that to a sealed game.

Anyway, I saw just about every title under the sun. Probably around 200 games. The expensive stuff is in the case and the $5 stuff is on a clearance cart by the register. I probably would have grabbed some of the rarer $5 sealed games if not for the holepunch in the UPC. Stuff like Magic Pengel.

Edit: Actually, I looked this up and I think the UPC holepunch is how they flag games as "Not for Resale" so these were probably free review copies that someone dumped at Half Price Books. It depends on the collector if this hurts the value or not.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aw nuts. I was just over there yesterday at the airport and went to Disc Replay. HPB isn't that much further. Dang it- you even mentioned Shadow Hearts which is the only PS2 game currently on my list that I'm missing as I haven't wanted to pay crazy full price for it.

SI

Just hit up the Half Price books in Avon. They have a lot of crap games for PS2, but there are some RPGs like Rictor said, in there if some of you are into that. I picked up Hitman:Blood Money for $5. I didn't even know that HPB was there until I saw this thread the other day, so thanks for the heads up, I love driving my g/f nuts looking at used games...or anything for that matter.

Also, I posted a few weeks ago about Game Replay on High School Rd. That store is now closed. I tried to drop in there a few times over the past few weeks and he was always out to lunch, but when I went by Monday, the sign and everything was gone.

I was checking craigslist while bored here at work, and saw an ad for a video game store on Declaration Dr. next to a Kroger, in Greenwood, IN, on US 31. I usually don't go past greenwood mall, except when I go to Toxcity (which is rare), so I don't know what type of store this is.

Has anybody been there before? I plan on hitting it up sometime today if the weather doesn't get stupid.

Went into disc replay in Castleton across from best buy today and scored a secret of mana cart for $10, Xenogears for $15 and a Dreamcast agetec fightstick (which I've been looking for forever and not paying $60 for one on eBay) for $15. Amazing, gonna try the one near Michigan road tomorrow and maybe The Exchange as well.

[quote name='McCHitman']I was checking craigslist while bored here at work, and saw an ad for a video game store on Declaration Dr. next to a Kroger, in Greenwood, IN, on US 31. I usually don't go past greenwood mall, except when I go to Toxcity (which is rare), so I don't know what type of store this is.

Has anybody been there before? I plan on hitting it up sometime today if the weather doesn't get stupid.[/QUOTE]

...how did I miss this? I live less than a mile away. I'll probably head over today too.

To add more info, for those in the area, you may wish to know (or know already) that Columbus Pawn of Columbus has expanded and now has a store at Whiteland Road and US 31, next to a Cash 4 Gold type place and a tattoo parlor. They have decent stacks of DS and PSP games, and swaths of 360, Wii, and PS3 stuff. I've found things like Disgaea DS, Heavy Rain, Star Ocean 4 International, etc. there for $15 a pop.

[quote name='DigitalMP']Went into disc replay in Castleton across from best buy today and scored a secret of mana cart for $10, Xenogears for $15 and a Dreamcast agetec fightstick (which I've been looking for forever and not paying $60 for one on eBay) for $15. Amazing, gonna try the one near Michigan road tomorrow and maybe The Exchange as well.[/QUOTE]

I'm a big fan of the Disc Replays in town, tho a couple are better than others (Washington Street, Greenwood, Castleton are larger than Avon and Michigan Rd)

SI

[quote name='sterlingice']I'm a big fan of the Disc Replays in town, tho a couple are better than others (Washington Street, Greenwood, Castleton are larger than Avon and Michigan Rd)

SI[/QUOTE]

Yeah I have found a few gems at the michigan road store in the past but I live out in Fishers now so getting to that one or the ones on the south side are sort of a drive anymore. But you are right those are good ones to look out for if you're in the area.

[quote name='falcon815']...how did I miss this? I live less than a mile away. I'll probably head over today too.

[/QUOTE]
It's not there. There isn't a store in the Kroger strip, but there is a Flea Market across the street, so I'm assuming it's a booth in there. We stopped in the Flea Market and I only saw a few booths that had very minimal amount of games. The one with the most had an 360 for $50 (no hard drive), a couple slim PS2s for $5 (for parts), a big ps2, a wii, a few 360 games for $16.50, and some original xbox games and ps2 games.

It's worth checking out I guess, but it was a worthless trip to me, except for finding TMNT: Coming out of our Shells on VHS, along with the making of for $1 each.

[quote name='McCHitman']It's not there. There isn't a store in the Kroger strip, but there is a Flea Market across the street, so I'm assuming it's a booth in there. We stopped in the Flea Market and I only saw a few booths that had very minimal amount of games. The one with the most had an 360 for $50 (no hard drive), a couple slim PS2s for $5 (for parts), a big ps2, a wii, a few 360 games for $16.50, and some original xbox games and ps2 games.

It's worth checking out I guess, but it was a worthless trip to me, except for finding TMNT: Coming out of our Shells on VHS, along with the making of for $1 each.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I went over around noon yesterday and saw much the same lack of stuff. Didn't see the 360, but saw the slim PS2s, the Wii ($20 with no cables, that doesn't seem like a bad deal for someone), and the assortment of games. There were a handful of PS1, Genesis, and SNES games there, but the only one that seemed notable to me was Killer Instinct. That same booth also had a couple PSPs for parts and a 'slim PSP' - couldn't tell if it was a 2000 or 3000 - for $75.

There were a couple other booths that had several Gamecube games each slid in with their DVDs, but nothing particularly notable.

I also drove down to Columbus Pawn in Whiteland - if anyone in the area is looking for Professor Layton and the Unwound Future, they had it for $15. That was their most notable title, though they did have a few 'Atlus/Aksys/XSEED' type games; Nostalgia, Spectral Force Genesis, and Pangya were the most notable things I saw.

On a side note, I wore the hell out of a tape of 'Coming Out of Our Shells' when I was a kid and now have 'Sing About It' stuck in my head.

Haha. You love it! If you guys see a Dead Space for Xbox 360, please post it here. I'm really trying to find it right now.

anyone in fort wayne ever hit the pawn shops up anymore by target on coldwater.. i used to go in their daily but probally havent went in over 5 years

wonder what they charge for ds games

[quote name='sterlingice']I have one of those video game moral quandaries. I've been looking for :ds: Radiant Historia for probably a year now and it's just become rarer and rarer. It's to the point where, despite being a collector who pretty much has to have every modern game complete, I'd probably buy the cart at GS for $28 if there were one in a 50 mile radius (the one that shows at GS.com on Pendleton Pike- not there).

SI[/QUOTE]

I don't know if you've sold or opened it yet, but Atlus is hinting at a reprint.

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/02/01/anyone-want-to-buy-radiant-historia-for-under-100/

[quote name='slidecage']anyone in fort wayne ever hit the pawn shops up anymore by target on coldwater.. i used to go in their daily but probally havent went in over 5 years

wonder what they charge for ds games[/QUOTE]

I checked them out afew weeks ago for the first time in abotu 3 years... nothing worth my time, when I was in college I could get all kind of goodies in there, but they were all full of common crap when I looked.

bread's done
Back