Indie Gala Group Buy Thread

I'm sure it will come soon, I guess by the end of the week. Maybe this time, because of the sale, they won't do any or they will only multiply the gifts by 2 #-o

[quote name='watcauthon']2 games added but still no happy hour. has there ever benn an indie gala without happy hour before?[/QUOTE]

Just the first one. Happy hour was introduced with the second bundle and they've done it with every one since.

[quote name='eggwolio']I'd like to be added to the list please! Gonna be out of town and out of touch for the weekend, but can send payment Tuesday.[/QUOTE]

Go to the First Post (OP) and add yourself in the list. The OP is wiki so anyone can edit it. The list is in RED

Since the Gala Store was revealed, I haven't felt the need to not buy in to someone else's Happy Hour purchase. If many others have done the same, I hope that doesn't affect IG's decision to continue doing HHs.

Are people who would like to host supposed to PM those on the list in the OP, starting with #1? Or are they supposed to add themselves as a host in the OP wiki and let people PM them?

[quote name='inm8num2']Are people who would like to host supposed to PM those on the list in the OP, starting with #1? Or are they supposed to add themselves as a host in the OP wiki and let people PM them?[/QUOTE]

the host should PM you assuming you are on the list.

[quote name='inm8num2']Are people who would like to host supposed to PM those on the list in the OP, starting with #1? Or are they supposed to add themselves as a host in the OP wiki and let people PM them?[/QUOTE]

As long as you bought a bundle during the first week to qualify for quadruple gifts, yeah. Start PM'ing people on the OP, but please remove them from the OP after getting contact with them so we don't risk people getting contacted by multiple hosts. If you still have spots, by all means post in the OP that you have spots and create a separate post for those who aren't watching it to PM you.

It depends on the situation:

1. If a host has listed themselves in the OP with open slots you are supposed to add yourself to his/her list in the OP and PM the host to let them know.

2. If no host has open slots, just add your name to the list of people interested in the OP. If a host comes a long it would probably be easiest to PM everyone on the list to let them know or when they purchase the happy hour.

im only marginally interested in this bundle, so a happy hour price is my limit. I added my name to OP, sorry I dont know how to do that profile link thing though. sorry.
Not much there anyway, but I did get gala 8 from jester55.

[quote name='smackattack']im only marginally interested in this bundle, so a happy hour price is my limit. I added my name to OP, sorry I dont know how to do that profile link thing though. sorry.[/QUOTE]

I added a link to your profile in the OP and for future reference when you want to add a link in your post just hit "Insert link" button (its just below the smiley face) and just copy the URL into the box that pops up and hit OK

So another 20 has filled up, but I am holding off on taking it since the first happy hour hasn't happened yet. The last bundle took about a week before happy hour so I am expecting the same now. Once it hits and if no one else is hosting it I will buy an extra bundle and cover you guys.

I added myself to the list on wiki to get a copy of the bundle -- I don't know when the Happy Hour will be this time??? Seems very late!

Alright, so I took the first 20 on the waiting list and hosted another. Looks like there are enough right now to make it worth while for someone else to host even another!

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Alright, so I took the first 20 on the waiting list and hosted another. Looks like there are enough right now to make it worth while for someone else to host even another![/QUOTE]

Thanks for picking up a second group!

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Alright, so I took the first 20 on the waiting list and hosted another. Looks like there are enough right now to make it worth while for someone else to host even another![/QUOTE]

Cool, PM me so I can send you Paypal for the bundle

[quote name='Flowerpot Jason']I tried to add myself to the list but it doesn't seem to have worked. If a kind soul could do so, I would appreciate![/QUOTE]
I added you. :)

OK. I am sending these out as I get them while I am logged on to CAG. If I'm not around then I'll get to them when I get home (got a comedy show and a few other things to go to today).

I should be caught up to everything sent (not within the last 5 minutes). If you sent payment before then and have not received anything, check your email and if nothing is there PM as I sent them all out but the IG site is buggy today.

Edit:

Picked up the second group buy and sending PMs out soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have 3 bundles left to sell, I paid more than the average both times because I feel bad just doing $1 during the first week so it would be $2.20 per bundle via paypal if you buy through me. I know this is higher so please buy through another hoster if you are looking for the cheaper price. Thanks!

Okay, sent PMs out. All Gone.

Also:

jazyje

You signed up as interested but your PM box is FULL. PM ME WITHIN 3 DAYS OR ELSE YOUR SLOT GOES TO SOMEONE ELSE.

I've purchased my first 20-pack. As soon as I get the confirmation email with the codes, I'll start reaching out to people via a mass PM.

[quote name='inm8num2']I don't see the rules anywhere on the Indie Gala website. Is it still 4 gifts for the price of one if you beat the "average"?[/QUOTE]

Happy Hour is On (Look for the green sign at the top of the page)

If you bought in during the first week you will get 4 gifts for the price of one as long as you buy from your Indie Gala URL page and beat the average for the gift packs (please see the bottom of the home page for rules on how much you have to pay/donate to give/get multiple gift packs. If you need more help hit me up on steam: cheaplikeafox

I did buy on the first day.

Just now I made a purchase but not from my URL page. I entered my same name and email - I really hope I still get the 4 gifts.

edit - yup, the four gifts are in my URL page. Whew!

FYI to those interested, I don't have time now but later this afternoon I will "host" the gifts.

Just wanted to give a quick thanks to Fox for doing another great hosting job.

For whatever reason my gift bundle didn't include Broken Sword 2. From what I hear IG support is pretty helpful, so I'm sure it will be fixed.

[quote name='Jokerkun890']Just wanted to give a quick thanks to Fox for doing another great hosting job.

For whatever reason my gift bundle didn't include Broken Sword 2. From what I hear IG support is pretty helpful, so I'm sure it will be fixed.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they are pretty good, but be sure to email them about it. Tell them a friend gifted you the BTA, but the Broken Sword 2 is not on your bundle page and they should add it. My bundle has it, so it seems it is only yours right now.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Yeah, they are pretty good, but be sure to email them about it. Tell them a friend gifted you the BTA, but the Broken Sword 2 is not on your bundle page and they should add it. My bundle has it, so it seems it is only yours right now.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I emailed just under an hour ago (obviously from the email I recieved the gift,) saying:

Hi there. I recieved a gift for IG9 and it includes all the keys EXCEPT the one for Broken Sword 2. Could you please help me out?

ps. I haven't used any of the keys just in case.

Thanks

They're probably a bit busy right now, and I'm in no particular rush. Maybe I should have included my gift link?

Edit @ Below:

I did what I should have done the first time and responded directly to the email I recieved with the gift. It was sent from the same support email, so now they should have everything they need.

[quote name='Jokerkun890']Yeah, I emailed just under an hour ago (obviously from the email I recieved the gift,) saying:

Hi there. I recieved a gift for IG9 and it includes all the keys EXCEPT the one for Broken Sword 2. Could you please help me out?

ps. I haven't used any of the keys just in case.

Thanks

They're probably a bit busy right now, and I'm in no particular rush. Maybe I should have included my gift link?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I think you need to. Otherwise they might now know? I don't know how well their system tracks gift bundles emailed out.

So I just logged on for the first time and I see that they've finally done a happy hour. I'm in Fox's 1st group buy, and in the PM that he sent me, he said that he accepts payments via Paypal and Amazon Gift cards. I usually just pay with Paypal, but I have $2.00 in my Amazon payments account which has just been sitting there for months. Does anybody know if I can convert that $2.00 in Amazon payments in to an Amazon Gift card? If so, I'd like to use that instead.

Sorry about asking here, but i wasn't sure where else to ask. I figure that somebody here would probably know.

Edit: Nevermind. Fox just sent me a PM.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Okay, sent PMs out. All Gone.

Also:

jazyje

You signed up as interested but your PM box is FULL. PM ME WITHIN 3 DAYS OR ELSE YOUR SLOT GOES TO SOMEONE ELSE.
[/QUOTE]

Aw, I thought I was in the group buy? No PMs after said reserved or info on payment

[quote name='Kazaganthi']Aw, I thought I was in the group buy? No PMs after said reserved or info on payment[/QUOTE]

Hey,
Just PMed you. Really sorry. Somehow you didn't make it from the PM inbox to my spreadsheet and all the other ones are spoken for I think. If no one else has room for you in their group buys just let me know and I will take care of it.

bread's done
Back