Indie Gala Group Buy Thread

Dang, Happy Hour sure ended fast. I forget, do they do it a couple times a sale or did the just end it faster than I remember usually seeing? I remember it lasting at least a full day or two on the last couple.

[quote name='mink-e']Dang, Happy Hour sure ended fast. I forget, do they do it a couple times a sale or did the just end it faster than I remember usually seeing? I remember it lasting at least a full day or two on the last couple.[/QUOTE]

During the last one they had a short one in the morning and then a longer one the same day and then even more the next few days, but this time around they seem to be shortening them and tightening up on the happy hours.

There should be more in the coming days, but you never know.

[quote name='Peroxide']Of course, the week does technically end today, so there could be another Happy Hour next week or that may have been the only one.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm, I usually consider Saturday the end of the week and Sunday the new one. But they are Italians so you never know what calendar they use.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Hmmm, I usually consider Saturday the end of the week and Sunday the new one. But they are Italians so you never know what calendar they use.[/QUOTE]

A lot of people consider Saturday the end. As work starts Monday, I consider that the beginning and thus Sunday the end.

Guess we'll find out when and if another Happy Hour comes up!

[quote name='Valentiney']If anyone still has one bundle for me send me a pm ill pay the same day![/QUOTE]
Check the OP. There are (as of this reply) two people in there advertising that they have slots open.

If you want to get in on an IG9 bundle, check the OP. There are two people hosting currently. You just need to PM them.

Thanks to everyone who participated in my group buy. You are all awesome!

[quote name='mink-e']Happy Hour is on again! Is everyone taken care of on bundles? If not, I can host another group buy.[/QUOTE]

There probably isn't much interest left since I still have 10 bundles available and there's even another host listed in the wiki who probably has bundles left over as well.

Thought I'd post this here too:

Also, if anyone who got a gift bundle from me is missing any games on it please email Indiegala support. Tell them you received an IG9 gift bundle and it was missing certain games. Tell them what games were missing and include a copy of your gift URL so they can confirm.

They should then send you the missing keys.

If they don't sort you out then PM me and I will take care of it on my end.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Thought I'd post this here too:

Also, if anyone who got a gift bundle from me is missing any games on it please email Indiegala support. Tell them you received an IG9 gift bundle and it was missing certain games. Tell them what games were missing and include a copy of your gift URL so they can confirm.

They should then send you the missing keys.

If they don't sort you out then PM me and I will take care of it on my end.[/QUOTE]
Well, I did that and they asked me what account the bundles were linked to, even though I clearly told them that these were gift urls sent to me from someone else (and included the urls in the email). I really don't think they have any link to my account...

Haven't heard back from them a second time yet, so hopefully it's not an issue.

I poked Gala support again and they just told me "We don't see any gifts on your account". I have no idea how that works. I told them I got them from my friend, copy and pasted the Gala gift emails that Fox sent, and they got back to me saying:

"We remind you that gifts CAN't BE SOLD. They are meant to be sent to friends by the purchaser.

However since few days ago our system got some errors in around 50 gifts with missing games ( including yours )
here are 2 fresh gifts for you.

xxxxx
xxxxx

You can keep extra keys.

Best."

I didn't even say I bought the keys... Creepy? I wonder if they're getting wise to what people are doing with Happy Hour, but it's like, how does it even matter? Once you buy something, it's yours. Last I checked, there are no laws against something like that...

Thankfully they just gave me two new bundles though.

[quote name='Idiotekque']I poked Gala support again and they just told me "We don't see any gifts on your account". I have no idea how that works. I told them I got them from my friend, copy and pasted the Gala gift emails that Fox sent, and they got back to me saying:

"We remind you that gifts CAN't BE SOLD. They are meant to be sent to friends by the purchaser.

However since few days ago our system got some errors in around 50 gifts with missing games ( including yours )
here are 2 fresh gifts for you.

xxxxx
xxxxx

You can keep extra keys.

Best."

I didn't even say I bought the keys... Creepy? I wonder if they're getting wise to what people are doing with Happy Hour, but it's like, how does it even matter? Once you buy something, it's yours. Last I checked, there are no laws against something like that...

Thankfully they just gave me two new bundles though.[/QUOTE]

Glad they sorted you out that's what people had told me they had been doing. But most people only had one bundle, so maybe because you had two bundles is why they gave you a hard time/creepy message.

You can look at their front page and see some guy bought over 200 "gifts" so they know that people can't be just that generous.

Anyway, I emailed them about it because one of the 5 bundles I set aside for my own mini group of family was missing a key and I told them that other bundles from my gifts had been reported missing keys. They asked me for a list of what bundles were missing what. I told them I was just telling the gift receivers to email them if any bundles were missing anything, but they have still insisted I get them a list of missing games/bundles. So I finally got that back to them (a royal pain) and I will let you guys know what they say.

If anyone else gets trouble/the runaround from IG support PM me and I will try to work with them directly as the gift buyer and get you sorted out.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Glad they sorted you out that's what people had told me they had been doing. But most people only had one bundle, so maybe because you had two bundles is why they gave you a hard time/creepy message.

You can look at their front page and see some guy bought over 200 "gifts" so they know that people can't be just that generous.

Anyway, I emailed them about it because one of the 5 bundles I set aside for my own mini group of family was missing a key and I told them that other bundles from my gifts had been reported missing keys. They asked me for a list of what bundles were missing what. I told them I was just telling the gift receivers to email them if any bundles were missing anything, but they have still insisted I get them a list of missing games/bundles. So I finally got that back to them (a royal pain) and I will let you guys know what they say.

If anyone else gets trouble/the runaround from IG support PM me and I will try to work with them directly as the gift buyer and get you sorted out.[/QUOTE]
That's probably what it is. I wasn't going to totally lie to them, so I replied saying something along the lines of "I got them from a friend; I wasn't going to assume he'd give them to me for free, that's rude." and they replied saying:

"It's not a big deal, for this time no problem but we don't want it to become a general behavior."

Obviously they're getting wise to what people are doing and they don't really like it. Either way, I don't think they can do much about it. It may not even be legal for them to say otherwise...

[quote name='Idiotekque']That's probably what it is. I wasn't going to totally lie to them, so I replied saying something along the lines of "I got them from a friend; I wasn't going to assume he'd give them to me for free, that's rude." and they replied saying:

"It's not a big deal, for this time no problem but we don't want it to become a general behavior."

Obviously they're getting wise to what people are doing and they don't really like it. Either way, I don't think they can do much about it. It may not even be legal for them to say otherwise...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they are trying to discourage it by limiting happy hour. In the future, it might be wiser to have ton of different people host as opposed to one person hosting multiple bundles. It's really not that much of a hassle, CAGs here are great and pay quick, etc, but it seems some people are hesitant to host. After having to go through and list all the bundles with issues this time to get my ONE bundle fixed, I'm probably going to limit how many I host to 2 probably at the most from now on.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Yeah, they are trying to discourage it by limiting happy hour. In the future, it might be wiser to have ton of different people host as opposed to one person hosting multiple bundles. It's really not that much of a hassle, CAGs here are great and pay quick, etc, but it seems some people are hesitant to host. After having to go through and list all the bundles with issues this time to get my ONE bundle fixed, I'm probably going to limit how many I host to 2 probably at the most from now on.[/QUOTE]
Well regardless, your hosting has been much appreciated by everyone. Thanks Fox. ;)

Hosting a group buy. Already have the gifts ready. $2/slot via. PayPal - PM me!

1. Myself
2. sainrub
3. seamoss
4. windwakr
- Done

If these spots run out I can host more but this is the last Happy Hour I believe, the one above I already bought but if another one was hosted I'd have to have other people ready.

Last edited by a moderator:
One more spot left! I can still host another Group buy if anyone is interested.
[quote name='MC Kage']Hosting a group buy. Already have the gifts ready. $2/slot via. PayPal - PM me!

1. Myself
2. sainrub
3. seamoss

If these spots run out I can host more but this is the last Happy Hour I believe, the one above I already bought but if another one was hosted I'd have to have other people ready.[/QUOTE]

Trying to host another one since it still seems like people are interested I can help out. I forgot about PayPal fees however so $2.25 per slot to cover it.

1. Stoneage
2. CrazyChuy

[quote name='MC Kage']Trying to host another one since it still seems like people are interested I can help out. I forgot about PayPal fees however so $2.25 per slot to cover it.

1. Stoneage
2. CrazyChuy
4.[/QUOTE]

Put me down for one also.

[quote name='MC Kage']Trying to host another one since it still seems like people are interested I can help out. I forgot about PayPal fees however so $2.25 per slot to cover it.

1. Stoneage
2. CrazyChuy
3. NicaVic
4.[/QUOTE]

Updated.

One more spot left, help yourself and these folks if interested

ALSO: BTA now $5. Slot price back to $2!

[quote name='Idiotekque']That's probably what it is. I wasn't going to totally lie to them, so I replied saying something along the lines of "I got them from a friend; I wasn't going to assume he'd give them to me for free, that's rude." and they replied saying:

Obviously they're getting wise to what people are doing and they don't really like it. Either way, I don't think they can do much about it. It may not even be legal for them to say otherwise...[/QUOTE]
Look at it this way, Cheap sent you a gift. Later you sent him a monetary gift. Ummm, sounds like Christmas lol :bouncy: Sorry if none of my posts make sense, I don't sleep much.

[quote name='sunasun']Look at it this way, Cheap sent you a gift. Later you sent him a monetary gift. Ummm, sounds like Christmas lol :bouncy: Sorry if none of my posts make sense, I don't sleep much.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, they couldn't say much when I said that my friend sent it to me and I wanted to reimburse him. That's not their right to regulate. Obviously they are realizing what people are doing in group buys though. Not like they could really do anything about it anyways.

They can't prevent people from giving gifts, but they could eliminate the quadrupling if they feel it's discouraging more people from buying not-gifts.

1. Stoneage
2. CrazyChuy
3. NicaVic

Updated.

One more spot left, help yourself and these folks if interested

ALSO: BTA now $5. Slot price back to $2![/QUOTE]

Only an hour or so left. Need one more.

I'm down for 2x Happy Hour Packs for Indie Gala X.
If anyone is hosting then please add me to their group buy and PM me.

Also please note this from the Indie Gala site:
Only BTA people will be qualified 'early buyer' for the Happy Hour ( if an HappyHour will be )

[quote name='melen']I need 4 more people to join my IG 10 BTA happy hour group. Each person will need to pay $3 by paypal.[/QUOTE]

I'll take one of those.

bread's done
Back