Indie/Limited/Obscure Physical Release Deals and Discussion Thread

AugustAPC

CAGiversary!
Feedback
51 (100%)
The Indie/Limited/Obscure Physical Release Thread
 ​
Physical media may not be as popular as it was in years past, but that has not stopped it from finding success in more niche areas of the market. In fact, we're seeing so many physical releases, these days, that it has become difficult for even dedicated collectors to keep up with all of them. Many games, usually indie titles, are seeing releases with highly limited prints, regional exclusivity, retailer exclusivity or are simply appearing with little notification. The purpose of this thread is to identify, catalogue, discuss and post deals for these releases, in hopes of making information more accessible and supporting the medium.​
 ​

FAQ

Q: tl;dr

A: There are probably games that were released physically that you don't know about. Find them here.

Q: What is the "master list"?

A: The master list is a catalogue of all the games that have been identified here that meet certain criteria that differentiates them from standard, mainstream releases. It offers information regarding regional exclusivity, retailer exclusivity, print quantities and more.

Q: What are the criteria? How do you decide which games make the list?

A: For the most part, these will be "smaller" titles that were originally released as digital-only but have been given a physical release. Some exceptions may apply, like if an indie game launches with a physical release, it will likely be listed. Another exception would see a larger title that was only released digitally, for whatever reason, get a limited physical release (example: if Limited Run Games did a print of Fatal Frame V.)

Generally if a game is, as the title says, indie, limited or obscure and has a physical release, you'll see in on the "master list."

Also, the game must be region-free or NTSC-U and in English (subtitles are valid).

Q: Region free or NTSC-U? Doesn't that mean the list is only valid for North American users?

A: This means that every game on the list will be playable on North American consoles, though a few games may have versions that are region-locked on a certain console (this will be noted). Most games are now region free, so if you aren't from the NTSC-U region, it's very likely that the game will work for you. Knowledge of which systems do and don't have region-locking should allow anyone to make use of this list.

Q: What about games for collectors who aren't in the NTSC-U (North American) region or own consoles that can play region-locked games?

A: There may be a separate tab for you guys down the line. One step at a time.

Pre-Orders/Upcoming Releases

Notable Publishers/Distributors

iam8bit

A retailer, located in California, that sells all sorts of limited edition video game merchandise. They occasionally publish physical, indie titles for the PS4.

Limited Run Games

Based in California, Limited Run Games is generally accepted as the company that started the modern trend of releasing physical games in limited quantities. Currently, they publish several games a month but have stated they intend to ramp down. Their games come with collectible, trading cards and are sometimes offered alongside soundtracks, collector's editions and other related merchandise. The two heads of the company are very active on different forums and regularly engage with the community. They currently publish games for the PS4, PS Vita, Nintendo Switch and occasionally the PC.

Play-Asia

Play-Asia is an established retailer located in Hong Kong. They are well known for offering a large variety of imported merchandise, including many games that have not seen western releases but have English subtitles. They've recently partnered with eastasiasoft to distribute exclusive and limited, physical releases. These games are often offered with collector's editions which are highly praised for their presentation, content and low prices.

Special Reserve Games

A company based in Texas, Special Reserve Games currently publishes games in limited quantities with no discernible schedule. Their games are frequently offered alongside collector's editions. They also collaborate with Limited Run Games to create variant covers for some of their titles, which are then sold via Limited Run Games' website. They currently publish for the PS4, PS Vita and PC.

Strictly Limited Games

Based in Germany, Strictly Limited Games seems to publish one title a month with varied but highly limited quantities. Collector's editions and soundtracks are sometimes offered alongside game releases. They've published games for the PS4 and PS Vita.

Super Rare Games

Located in London, these guys are relatively new to the limited game market. Similar to Limited Run Games, they include trading cards and stickers with their games. They publish only for the Nintendo Switch and intend to release one game a month.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a bit concerning for a company that is "by collectors for collectors" to not display even the slightest remorse that they have screwed their fellow collectors out of any hope of ever having a complete US PS4 or Vita set, libraries which most had started before LRG even existed.
LRG doesn't owe you or the handful of other mentally ill, self-centered hoarders anything. A collector is someone who builds a collection of things because they have some personal meaning or value to that individual. People that are blindly trying to build complete sets of things and spending even a second harboring ill-will towards a company actually making things available that would never come out physically otherwise are not collectors. They are self-haters who lack any sense of balance or direction in their lives. You seriously need counseling and other supportive therapy as things will only get worse over time as you sink deeper and deeper into mental illness.

i wanted to chime in on the Nicalis VS Limited Run Games debate. I'm sure Limited Run Games is more friendly towards developers, and they have created an awesome market in which competitors are following suit. So I'm happy Limited Run Games exists !

However, I don't feel Limited Run Games is as consumer friendly as Nicalis. It is NOT fun to fight over releases that last a couple of minutes. It is not fun to STRESS over getting a copy of a game. It is NOT fun to pay double the money to scalpers who routinely buy multiple copies to flip. It is not FUN to fight scalpers with BOTS who buy everything up instantly. 

You know how nice it is to just see a game is announced by Nicalis, be able to get excited about the release knowing you CAN actually buy it, and how relaxing and SIMPLE it is to just go over to Amazon's/Best Buy's web site and pre-order it. 

Limited Run Games has grown in popularity, and rightfully so.... however they need to make sure their games are easier to purchase. I still don't know why they can't just open a release for sale for 24 hours, and then ship whatever that amount is pre-ordered. Their "limited" approach of releasing games in such small numbers is simply taking the fun out of buying/collecting games. Yes, they like to preserve the games for consumers, but that doesn't mean anything if the consumers can't even buy the game to begin with. 

I'm here for the deals. Not the walls of text.

Buy your games or don't buy them, no need to complain for 3 pages in a thread on a topic that's been beaten to death.

They've single handedly and permanently broken US/R1 PS4 and Vita collecting for a lot of people and have not once acknowledged it, instead replying with more cover variants, showing complete disregard or empathy for the damage they've inflicted on those people's collections. That's a bit concerning for a company that is "by collectors for collectors" to not display even the slightest remorse that they have screwed their fellow collectors out of any hope of ever having a complete US PS4 or Vita set, libraries which most had started before LRG even existed.
A lot of people who follow us still manage to maintain complete Vita and PS4 sets. We have many customers who have bought everything we've ever released with no problem. In fact, the vast majority of what we sell doesn't even gain value on the secondary market so it's not even really hard to snag some of our earlier releases if you choose to pursue a complete collection now. Even the games that are expensive now, were reasonably priced on the secondary market for months - Breach & Clear was $40 for a very long time.

As someone with a complete collection on Dreamcast, I'd be excited as hell if someone was doing what we're doing for the platform. I'm desperately searching for new games to add to my collection and feel kind of empty knowing there's really nothing left for me. If we weren't doing this, Vita releases would slow to a trickle and die out by 2019 - months would go by with nothing to add to the collection. I like adding new things to my collection - most collectors do. We didn't "break" collecting for the platform - we may have made it a little harder, but it's not like we released one copy of a game and told everyone to get bent.

I'm here for the deals. Not the walls of text.
Buy your games or don't buy them, no need to complain for 3 pages in a thread on a topic that's been beaten to death.
Sorry; didn't know this thread was catered specificly for your needs.

Perhaps you missed the discussion part of the thread title.

Limited Run Games has grown in popularity, and rightfully so.... however they need to make sure their games are easier to purchase. I still don't know why they can't just open a release for sale for 24 hours, and then ship whatever that amount is pre-ordered. Their "limited" approach of releasing games in such small numbers is simply taking the fun out of buying/collecting games. Yes, they like to preserve the games for consumers, but that doesn't mean anything if the consumers can't even buy the game to begin with.
We just did that for Ys Origin and only sold 50 more copies than planned on Vita, and ~300 more copies than planned on PS4. Because we had to wait for the games to be manufactured, shipping was delayed and spiraled into other releases. Shipping took way longer than planned because of the overlap with other shipping; not only that, but we had more chargebacks, disputes, and complaints than we've ever had with any other release. People did not read that they were buying a preorder. Any benefit from the additional units sold was killed by the strain on shipping, the cost for customer support, and the chargebacks/disputes/returns. It was not a pleasant experience. We tried it - it didn't work.

For smaller games, we can't do preorders because we don't even know if we'll sell enough to hit the minimum order quantity with Sony. This whole situation isn't as simple as just flipping a switch to doing preorders, unfortunately.

We just did that for Ys Origin and only sold 50 more copies than planned on Vita, and ~300 more copies than planned on PS4. Because we had to wait for the games to be manufactured, shipping was delayed and spiraled into other releases. Shipping took way longer than planned because of the overlap with other shipping; not only that, but we had more chargebacks, disputes, and complaints than we've ever had with any other release. People did not read that they were buying a preorder. Any benefit from the additional units sold was killed by the strain on shipping, the cost for customer support, and the chargebacks/disputes/returns. It was not a pleasant experience. We tried it - it didn't work.

For smaller games, we can't do preorders because we don't even know if we'll sell enough to hit the minimum order quantity with Sony. This whole situation isn't as simple as just flipping a switch to doing preorders, unfortunately.
I hope everyone doing disputes and charge backs was banned. It was clearly communicated via multiple channels and anyone buying these types of releases should know better. Been waiting how many years now for Summon Night 6? Just how it goes with these types of releases.

LRG doesn't owe you or the handful of other mentally ill, self-centered hoarders anything. A collector is someone who builds a collection of things because they have some personal meaning or value to that individual. People that are blindly trying to build complete sets of things and spending even a second harboring ill-will towards a company actually making things available that would never come out physically otherwise are not collectors. They are self-haters who lack any sense of balance or direction in their lives. You seriously need counseling and other supportive therapy as things will only get worse over time as you sink deeper and deeper into mental illness.
You continue to be a douche singly targeting me like I'm the only one talking about "complete sets".

Observe for example:

A lot of people who follow us still manage to maintain complete Vita and PS4 sets. We have many customers who have bought everything we've ever released with no problem.

As someone with a complete collection on Dreamcast, ...

Sorry; didn't know this thread was catered specificly for your needs.
Perhaps you missed the discussion part of the thread title.
I didn't miss anything.

There's nothing to be gained from the same 4 people cluttering up multiple threads complaining about their feelings being hurt because either they missed a release or because some other company is releasing a game that's already been released.

You continue to be a douche singly targeting me like I'm the only one talking about "complete sets".

Observe for example:
Yep, and not a single one of those people have posted here complaining that LRG owes them an apology or is ruining their lives by continuing to release games for the Vita or has announced that they will be releasing on the Switch. You seem to be the only one with the deeply rooted mental issues that can't understand that the world doesn't revolve around you and your insanity.

As someone with a complete collection on Dreamcast, I'd be excited as hell if someone was doing what we're doing for the platform.
That has a "I got mine, screw everyone else" vibe to it.

Great for you, sucks for anyone else who is still trying to catch up or just starting.

Ah okay, thank you for explaining the situation, and for being pro-active in trying different methods :) Is it logical to assume the "fewer and bigger" release strategy going forward would mean more units? Bigger game = bigger sales = bigger runs of games?

Great for you, sucks for anyone else who is still trying to catch up or just starting.
I have literally never seen a more hypocritical statement from anyone on this forum. Your whole rap is that you don't want anyone else to have anything because then you'd feel obligated to buy it too for the sake of maintaining your precious complete set. You're literally saying "screw everyone else, I don't want any more".

I have literally never seen a more hypocritical statement from anyone on this forum. Your whole rap is that you don't want anyone else to have anything because then you'd feel obligated to buy it too for the sake of maintaining your precious complete set. You're literally saying "screw everyone else, I don't want any more".
You should learn to understand the difference between personal wants, opinions, and frustrations aired out on a public discussion board versus actually having and acting on the power to "screw everyone else".

not only that, but we had more chargebacks, disputes, and complaints than we've ever had with any other release. People did not read that they were buying a preorder. Any benefit from the additional units sold was killed by the strain on shipping, the cost for customer support, and the chargebacks/disputes/returns. It was not a pleasant experience. We tried it - it didn't work.
I want to whack those people over the nose with a rolled up newspaper, because the pre-order process was great for the people who bothered to read.

I want to whack those people over the nose with a rolled up newspaper, because the pre-order process was great for the people who bothered to read.
A lot of people read, and just don't care. While others, didn't read, but also don't care, as I'm sure when they contacted LRG they made it known what was in the listing details. This is why the pre-order really doesn't work, and while not bad, comes with issues like this.

It sucks that even though that info was clearly posted, Paypal allows for such things to happen. The standard way of offering games isn't great, but you can see here the pitfalls of trying other avenues.

What? I bought my Dreamcast collection gradually at no advantage versus anyone else. I would be happy if someone came by and released official software on Dreamcast under the same model we use. You're complaining that we "broke" Vita collecting because people can't keep up. I paid $100+ for some of my Dreamcast games and I'm not complaining. Capcom didn't "break" Dreamcast collecting by making too few copies of Mars Matrix, Cannon Spike, Project Justice, and Giga Wing 2. I just had to pay a premium because I missed them at release. I don't feel entitled to Capcom's remorse here.

Ah okay, thank you for explaining the situation, and for being pro-active in trying different methods :) Is it logical to assume the "fewer and bigger" release strategy going forward would mean more units? Bigger game = bigger sales = bigger runs of games?
Yes, that's absolutely the goal. :)

I just found a bunch of copies in a bin of games that came on one of our trucks and snapped a pic after checking the release date. No idea why they wouldn't list it early so they could take some preorders.
You are the man Tyrok. I will be driving out to Best Buy on Tuesday after picking up my Xbox One X preorder at GS. Do you know exactly where they are supposed to be put out at BB? Just under "C" in the xbox one section or somewhere special? My BB is always late to update their bluray planograms (or whatever they're called) on time. I'm hoping they stay up to date with the games.

What? I bought my Dreamcast collection gradually at no advantage versus anyone else. I would be happy if someone came by and released official software on Dreamcast under the same model we use. You're complaining that we "broke" Vita collecting because people can't keep up. I paid $100+ for some of my Dreamcast games and I'm not complaining. Capcom didn't "break" Dreamcast collecting by making too few copies of Mars Matrix, Cannon Spike, Project Justice, and Giga Wing 2. I just had to pay a premium because I missed them at release. I don't feel entitled to Capcom's remorse here.
Preaching to the choir right here. I’ve paid hundreds of dollars for some of the SNES/NES carts on my list. Do I regret it? Hell no. I was just a kid when the NES/SNES were active. My family wasn’t exactly well off either. I got maybe 2-3 games a year back then. I still remember pulling the ticket for TMNT 3: Manhattan Project at TRU for my birthday (which is tomorrow incidentally). I was so stoked. My brother and I played the game non stop for weeks and weeks.

Collectors don’t complain when they miss something they want, they just circle back and get it later when they can and for what they can. Speaking of, Doomstick do you count the Play-Asia and other modern basically home brew games as part of your complete collection?

You are the man Tyrok. I will be driving out to Best Buy on Tuesday after picking up my Xbox One X preorder at GS. Do you know exactly where they are supposed to be put out at BB? Just under "C" in the xbox one section or somewhere special? My BB is always late to update their bluray planograms (or whatever they're called) on time. I'm hoping they stay up to date with the games.
It's gonna vary by store. A lot of them will have it up front to offer to people buying the X but it should be under C unless they just left em in the back. ;)

If you pre-ordered Absolver for PS4 from Special Reserve Games, and care about the Uring Preist DLC, you can message them on twitter to get your DLC code now. There was some confusion where they thought the content was on the disc, but turned out it was a code that should have been added to your SRG account.

I just want to convey that I'm not at all trying to talk bad about LRG, not even trying to make you guys out to be bad guys, I just thoroughly enjoy what Nicalis puts out.

I don't even mean to convey that I "hate" that you are doing Switch releases, I just mean to convey that it adds to the stress... especially on my wallet.
I think your LRG comments were spot on. LRG caters to scalpers, they could make more copies or second runs but they won't due to complaints and threats.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

If you pre-ordered Absolver for PS4 from Special Reserve Games, and care about the Uring Preist DLC, you can message them on twitter to get your DLC code now. There was some confusion where they thought the content was on the disc, but turned out it was a code that should have been added to your SRG account.
Is Absolver strictly online?

Sounds like Cuphead is still planning a REAL physical release.  The code in a box thing is a strictly in store promotion between Microsoft and Best Buy for the release of the X1X

I think your LRG comments were spot on. LRG caters to scalpers, they could make more copies or second runs but they won't due to complaints and threats.

Not exactly. It's a marketing angle that exists to ensure fast sell-through/sellouts, and it works well. Developers make their money in a timely fashion and LRG isn't stuck holding dead inventory. It's smart business.

Their contracts are structured so that they can’t do second runs (not that they would anyway). However, developers are free to do additional prints through other publishers after LRGs contract is complete

Not exactly. It's a marketing angle that exists to ensure fast sell-through/sellouts, and it works well. Developers make their money in a timely fashion and LRG isn't stuck holding dead inventory. It's smart business.
yeah. The Devs get most of the money anyway.

It's smart business for now. They tend to have extra copies for shows, and other events. I think they're current business model limits them. They could sell more copies on most games and make more money. As other options to pick up these SOL type games come available, it will hurt LRG. Nicalis is doing their own release, other developers may follow, plus you have other companies doing these type of games as well. They could utilized a kickstarter approach; open a limited set of pre orders for certain titles months in advance, then open up their basic orders on release day.

If they made more copies and it didnt sell out, LRG would be in trouble. Like big trouble.

They did preorders two times already. They werent too satisfied with it. Theyll still try it again though

I wish the Ys model had turned out better for LRG, but it seems that even a 6-8 week wait for a preorder is too long for too many people. Even when it was clearly labeled as a preorder, and even though they largely hit their shipping estimate, people still complained daily. Unfortunately, I don't think we'll be seeing many preorders from here on out.

It's smart business for now. They tend to have extra copies for shows, and other events. I think they're current business model limits them. They could sell more copies on most games and make more money. As other options to pick up these SOL type games come available, it will hurt LRG. Nicalis is doing their own release, other developers may follow, plus you have other companies doing these type of games as well. They could utilized a kickstarter approach; open a limited set of pre orders for certain titles months in advance, then open up their basic orders on release day.
I'm sorry, but this has been discussed to death here and on many other forums. Your overly simplistic approach to a business you literally know nothing about isn't adding anything new here.

It's smart business for now.
It's smart now, it was smart when they started, and it will continue to be smart. Any ideas or thoughts you think will improve their business, has already been discussed here and at great lengths. You aren't the first one to make the comments you have, and they have been proven wrong, time and time again.

I wish the Ys model had turned out better for LRG, but it seems that even a 6-8 week wait for a preorder is too long for too many people. Even when it was clearly labeled as a preorder, and even though they largely hit their shipping estimate, people still complained daily. Unfortunately, I don't think we'll be seeing many preorders from here on out.
The length of time wasn't so much an issue, as was the lost "desire" when the game wasn't "limited" by having pre-orders. This was always going to be an issue, as the only reason so many turn out on Friday's, is because they are buying a "limited" game. Ys wasn't limited, and that is why some buyers opted to do charge backs and whatever else(buyers remorse).

A few releases have had decent wait times before being shipped, but nobody cancelled those, as the games where sold out, and was now a "limited" game it was advertised to be. I personally don't care either way, as I just want a physical game, but we all know logic & reason don't go hand in hand with the gaming crowd. So when a game is limited, and not available, everybody wants it. When it's not limited, and desired, you sell to a smaller group of consumers as what's the rush? Many of us wait for titles to drop, as we only buy when the game may no longer be offered, or is OOP.

Pre-orders take away what makes these games move each week, and with it, we all see what happens. Nicalis like NISA, or Xseed all offer bigger runs, and that's great, as that is how their business function, and keep funds coming in for new offerings. LRG works on a different way of thinking, and that also works, but what is good for one, is not always good for all.

BTW, just got my shipping notice from VBlank for RCR CE for the NS. So shipping has begun.

I'm sorry, but this has been discussed to death here and on many other forums. Your overly simplistic approach to a business you literally know nothing about isn't adding anything new here.
Your assumption that I know nothing about the business didn't add anything new here. I guess you're "that guy" on the discussion board who decides to waste our time criticizing the discussion rather than engaging in it. If you don't like the topic scroll past it; you don't need to comment on everything... but then again, you're "that guy."

It's smart now, it was smart when they started, and it will continue to be smart. Any ideas or thoughts you think will improve their business, has already been discussed here and at great lengths. You aren't the first one to make the comments you have, and they have been proven wrong, time and time again.

The length of time wasn't so much an issue, as was the lost "desire" when the game wasn't "limited" by having pre-orders. This was always going to be an issue, as the only reason so many turn out on Friday's, is because they are buying a "limited" game. Ys wasn't limited, and that is why some buyers opted to do charge backs and whatever else(buyers remorse).

A few releases have had decent wait times before being shipped, but nobody cancelled those, as the games where sold out, and was now a "limited" game it was advertised to be. I personally don't care either way, as I just want a physical game, but we all know logic & reason don't go hand in hand with the gaming crowd. So when a game is limited, and not available, everybody wants it. When it's not limited, and desired, you sell to a smaller group of consumers as what's the rush? Many of us wait for titles to drop, as we only buy when the game may no longer be offered, or is OOP.

Pre-orders take away what makes these games move each week, and with it, we all see what happens. Nicalis like NISA, or Xseed all offer bigger runs, and that's great, as that is how their business function, and keep funds coming in for new offerings. LRG works on a different way of thinking, and that also works, but what is good for one, is not always good for all.
If there are games released on LRG, and then later released via other venders who also makes some sales, then that's proof that LRG could have made more sales if they released more copies. I think that's more than obvious. Dariusburst was on LRG and Play Asia, and both sold. The trick is not to grossly over estimate the amount of units. I guess there's point in continuing the conversation as you and I guess most others are satisfied with LRG's services.

If they made more copies and it didnt sell out, LRG would be in trouble. Like big trouble.

They did preorders two times already. They werent too satisfied with it. Theyll still try it again though
If they increased the stock on certain titles by 20 percent (max), you don't think they'd sell out? Also... they never truly sell out, as they hold extra stock just in case shipments go missing, for other mishaps, and they also have extra for sells at shows. Last year they had extra stock on Black Friday, which wasn't due to the product not selling, but LRG holding onto stock so that they would have something for Black Friday.

If there are games released on LRG, and then later released via other venders who also makes some sales, then that's proof that LRG could have made more sales if they released more copies. I think that's more than obvious. Dariusburst was on LRG and Play Asia, and both sold. The trick is not to grossly over estimate the amount of units. I guess there's point in continuing the conversation as you and I guess most others are satisfied with LRG's services.
Here's a perfect example of your theory, Soldner-X 2 from Play-Asia. https://www.play-asia.com/sldner-x-2-final-prototype-play-asiacom-exclusive-multi-langua/13/70am7p

This was a HUGE title for LRG, and many people complained about not getting it. So shortly after that, the developers offered a 3000 print run at PA for those who may have missed out. That just finally sold out a few days ago. So after a very long time, and many discount codes later, that high demand dried up, once it was no longer "limited".

So while great for Play-Asia, who has warehouses and whatever else to sit on inventory for as long as it takes, LRG does not. It is also a part of LRG business model that since their offerings are limited, they can't and won't do reprints. There are now a few that have happened on the devolopers side and everyone is happy. But for LRG to offer more of a title, or take away the "limited" aspect, they wouldn't sell what they do.

It's a chicken and egg argument, but there is proof that "more", isn't of any benefit to them. Where less has shown to work again and again. Yes, maybe they could make a few thousand more on a particular releases, but why? Their games sell out, they get paid, the developer gets paid, and the train keeps rolling. Their not in business to sell the greatest qty to the greatest amount of people. If a title last more than a few hours, or even days, the "sky is falling" mentality is then an issue. Buyers no longer want it, and charge backs happen.

That is fact, and having more is also a fact of not having worked out. You neither see the truth in the facts, or you don't. I've gotten every game I wanted, and if I missed out, I would buy it elsewhere, or let it go, it's not life threatening either way. It's just a hobby.

The Asia release doesn't do anything for people who wanted a legit US release for the purpose of having the US release. Of course it's not going to sell.  There isn't a valid comparison because there isn't any R1/US/ESRB competition for LRG save for SRG which also sells out and which LRG partnered with.

For those of you waiting on the Shantae "physical rewards" from last years KS, this is their latest update:

Final Thoughts!

For those curious about the status of our physical rewards - we need to delay just a bit more on the art book and music CD so that we can include the extra artwork and music from "Friends to the End” and “Costume Mode”. We won’t be able to give a solid delivery date until everything is in hand, since it all will ship together. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Thank you, and get excited for Friends to the End

Your assumption that I know nothing about the business didn't add anything new here. I guess you're "that guy" on the discussion board who decides to waste our time criticizing the discussion rather than engaging in it. If you don't like the topic scroll past it; you don't need to comment on everything... but then again, you're "that guy."
No, I'm the guy on the message board who has no patience for someone who takes no time and makes no effort to catch up on the months of conversations that have been done to death, only to pop up and make statements that have already been debated every way to Sunday in this very forum and then gets offended when people call him out for it. I mean you literally started your statements by quoting someone who doesn't even share your opinion at all. Nobody asked for your opinion on these subjects and yet here you are spewing garbage that nobody wants to debate further.

If they increased the stock on certain titles by 20 percent (max), you don't think they'd sell out? Also... they never truly sell out, as they hold extra stock just in case shipments go missing, for other mishaps, and they also have extra for sells at shows. Last year they had extra stock on Black Friday, which wasn't due to the product not selling, but LRG holding onto stock so that they would have something for Black Friday.
People seriously need to move on from this. The resale argument doesn't hold weight anymore. That bubble has burst. e.g., Look at the resale value of Ys. No profit there. From a business perspective, LRG has played this well. They've been conservative on their print volume from the get-go to ensure success. For such a small business, over production = death.

The never selling out argument also holds no weight. If they chose to sell through all stock and couldn't replace damaged copies, there would be tons more shit posting on this and other LRG forums. It is very generous for LRG to hold back stock. In the same situation, BB and Amazon would have just refunded your money and peaced out.

Doomstink, if you're reading, the majority of us are very happy with all the physical copies you all have produced. Don't get distracted by the noise. Any chance of getting a physical release of Chronicles of Teddy? Maybe Akysys holds all publishing rights, but I would be all over a special physical release with a retro instruction manual print.

bread's done
Back