>IndieFort Countdown Bundle< 27 games, 6 OSTs and an add on for $10 (96% discount)

echoMateria

CAG Veteran
Hello, I am one of the developers behind War of the Human Tanks. Since we are involved with the IndieFort Countdown Bundle I would like to tell you about what this bundle is and how it works. But first, have a look at its trailer on YouTube.

Countdown Bundle is made of five separate bundles, a new bundle every week for five weeks. Each bundle is made of four games and priced at $4. For each bundle you buy, the next one will be $1 cheaper. So if you buy the first one, the second bundle is only $3; buy that and the next one is $2, going that way next one is $1 and the final bundle (that is to say, the one War of the Human Tanks is in) will be completely free.

That's $10 for a total of 20 games at the end of five weeks. We also have bonuses that will unlock upon reaching set sales goals that include 7 more games, 6 OSTs and an add-on. Making the full price of everything you are getting for just $10 into a grand total of $250. A 96% discount is a deal you should not to miss.

We have also teamed up with the kind folks at the charity organization Help-Daniel. We are dedicating part of the proceeds from the full five weeks of sales to him, and want to reach out to the community for help in the hopes he makes a full recovery soon.

Since this bundle is hosted by GamersGate, you will get a key for everything there. Also the games on this bundle that have Steam versions already present will give Steam keys to add to your account. (Marked those with (STEAM) below) The rest are all on Greenlight (except 2, here is a link to the Greenlight Collection) and you will get a Steam key for those when they are greenlit with your votes. So don't forget to vote YES for them. (Marked those with (Greenlight) below)

IndieFort Countdown Bundle:

Week 1:
Aeon Command (Greenlight)
Genetrive 2
Space Pirates and Zombies (STEAM)
Waveform (STEAM)

Week 2:
Caster (STEAM)
Hegemony Gold: Wars of Ancient Greece (STEAM)
Strategic War in Europe (Greenlight)
Zombies (Greenlight)

Week 3:
Alien Hallway (STEAM)
Bridge It (Greenlight)
Eryi's Action (Greenlight)
Terrorhedron (Greenlight)

Week 4:
Achron (STEAM)
Alien Shooter 2 Conscription (STEAM)
Orczz (Greenlight)
Syder Arcade (Greenlight)

Week 5
War of the Human Tanks (Greenlight)
Will Fight for Food (Greenlight)
Zafehouse: Diaries (Greenlight)
Zombie Shooter 2 (STEAM)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Blade']Is there a possibility that we'll be able to buy bundles that we missed?[/QUOTE]

Yes, there is a plan to allow you to buy the bundles you missed at the last week. I'll post the details when they are worked out.

[quote name='aronater']How do the bonuses work for this bundle? Are they automatically added to your account? If so, when?[/QUOTE]

You get all unlocked bonuses added to your account at the 27th if you buy at least one bundle.

[quote name='echoMateria']You get all unlocked bonuses added to your account at the 27th if you buy at least one bundle.[/QUOTE]

has the option to buy old bundles cropped up yet?

[quote name='wilflare']has the option to buy old bundles cropped up yet?[/QUOTE]

Three posts above yours:

[quote name='echoMateria']Yes, there is a plan to allow you to buy the bundles you missed at the last week. I'll post the details when they are worked out.[/QUOTE]

So you have to wait until the last week.

Thanks echoMateria for your quick responses!

[quote name='Blade']Three posts above yours:

So you have to wait until the last week.

Thanks echoMateria for your quick responses![/QUOTE]

my bad. hope we get the discounts still. though judging by the looks of the thread, it won't be very well-received if that happens

[quote name='echoMateria']You get all unlocked bonuses added to your account at the 27th if you buy at least one bundle.[/QUOTE]

Are any of the unlocks steam?

[quote name='starman9000']Are any of the unlocks steam?[/QUOTE]

All games in these five bundles, including the ones on the unlocks should also give Steam keys for those that already have copies on sale at Steam. If the keys don't appear at the right time, drop a message here, I'll bug the GG staff about it.

Week 4, the Ignition bundle is up at Indiefort Countdown Bundle, including:

Achron(STEAM)
Alien Shooter 2 Conscription(STEAM)
Orczz(Greenlight)
Syder Arcade(Greenlight)

Just a heads up, Achron and Alien Shooter 2 Conscription aren't giving Steam keys. Alien Shooter 2 isn't listing any keys at all, and Achron spits out a key that Steam says is invalid.

[quote name='SqueeMK2']Just a heads up, Achron and Alien Shooter 2 Conscription aren't giving Steam keys. Alien Shooter 2 isn't listing any keys at all, and Achron spits out a key that Steam says is invalid.[/QUOTE]

Seconded, no steam keys. Very disappointed ATM. Hopefully its an oversight and ill still get one.

Thanks for the head's up about the steam keys guys. I have no doubt that it will get straitened out. But I'm gonna hold off on buying until it does.

Aww, no Steam keys for me, either. I should have waited, maybe.

Oh well. As The End has said, they'll almost certainly work it all out--and maybe more to the point, it'd be a moderately great deal even without the Steam keys.

Yea, they messed up again. I dropped them a message about it. I'll post an update when they fix it, though the weekend would delay it a couple of days.

[quote name='Motoki']Meh, is there any indication that Bridge It might be close to getting into Greenlight?[/QUOTE]

One of the Bridge It developers here, sorry for the late reply, it took me days to get approved to post on the forum! Bridge It is currently #37 on Greenlight and still climbing so it is a real possibility! If you voted thanks for the vote, if not help us make sure Bridge It gets on Steam! The link is on the Chronic Logic front page, I can't post it here because I am a new user.

[quote name='Ravean']One of the Bridge It developers here, sorry for the late reply, it took me days to get approved to post on the forum! Bridge It is currently #37 on Greenlight and still climbing so it is a real possibility! If you voted thanks for the vote, if not help us make sure Bridge It gets on Steam! The link is on the Chronic Logic front page, I can't post it here because I am a new user.[/QUOTE]

Here it is:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=109414835

I pretty much can already guess the answer to this but it never hurts to ask. Is it at all possible to go back and purchase any of these missed bundles or are they gone forever now?

I just now found out about the deal and would love to participate but it appears the whole thing is just about over with.

[quote name='avwjase']I pretty much can already guess the answer to this but it never hurts to ask. Is it at all possible to go back and purchase any of these missed bundles or are they gone forever now?

I just now found out about the deal and would love to participate but it appears the whole thing is just about over with.[/QUOTE]

At the moment, no. But echoMateria said on the last page that there would be a recap period at the end of the sale where you'd be able to buy bundles that you missed.

[quote name='nwaugh']Any luck with Achron Steam keys?[/QUOTE]

We are still waiting to hear from the GamersGate staff, it may take until Monday. I'll update when I hear more.

Darn it, I really wanted Achron but not without a Steam key. :bomb:

[quote name='Ravean']One of the Bridge It developers here, sorry for the late reply, it took me days to get approved to post on the forum! Bridge It is currently #37 on Greenlight and still climbing so it is a real possibility! If you voted thanks for the vote, if not help us make sure Bridge It gets on Steam! The link is on the Chronic Logic front page, I can't post it here because I am a new user.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for answering. I voted for Bridge-It on Greenlight some time ago so I already took care of that part.

It's just that I don't want to grab it on Indie Fort unless I'm pretty sure I can get a client based key for it. I would be perfectly happy to get a Desura key for it but it's been somewhat of a struggle to even get Steam keys out of Indie Fort so not holding my breath. I guess I will just pass and maybe hope that like EchoMateria did that you can also get your game into another bundle with a Desura key.

37 is pretty good though. I hope you guys make it into Steam but it may be a little while.

So has the problem with the Steam keys for Achron & Alien Shooter 2 been fixed yet? There's only a few days left for this week's bundle.

Regarding the GamersGate's IndieFort Bundle:

I talked with Natalia from Sigma Team, and she said:
Hi guys, Sigma Team has delivered the steam keys for ALL our games in promotion - prior even the first week started (and we just appeared in week 3) - so my apologies, but I hope we are clear with the conditions of the bundle and responsible. Please, let me know if there is still an issue with our keys. Sincerely, Natalia, Sigma Team
GamersGate staff present said that "They are on it!", so expect the Steam keys for Alien Shooter 2 Conscription to appear soon.

News regarding the Achron keys aren't so good though, on top of no comments regarding double keys promise, GamersGate is saying that there aren't any Steam keys for Achron in this bundle. This was a surprise to me as well since this doesn't match with my information earlier.

I can't get into details why and whose to blame for all the problems of the bundle. I can only apologize for my part in relying wrong information earlier. I am not a GamersGate employee, but a member of one of the 18 indie teams involved. I only did my part in promoting the bundle, based on the information I was given at the moment.

[quote name='echoMateria']Regarding the GamersGate's IndieFort Bundle:

I talked with Natalia from Sigma Team, and she said:
GamersGate staff present said that "They are on it!", so expect the Steam keys for Alien Shooter 2 Conscription to appear soon.

News regarding the Achron keys aren't so good though, on top of no comments regarding double keys promise, GamersGate is saying that there aren't any Steam keys for Achron in this bundle. This was a surprise to me as well since this doesn't match with my information earlier.

I can't get into details why and whose to blame for all the problems of the bundle. I can only apologize for my part in relying wrong information earlier. I am not a GamersGate employee, but a member of one of the 18 indie teams involved. I only did my part in promoting the bundle, based on the information I was given at the moment.[/QUOTE]

Not your fault that GamersGate falsely advertised their deal by saying Achron would come with Steam keys... That's pretty shady. I don't plan on asking for a refund, but I'm definitely complaining to support. The ENTIRE reason I bought this bundle was for the Achron steam key.

[quote name='Darknuke']Not your fault that GamersGate falsely advertised their deal by saying Achron would come with Steam keys... That's pretty shady. I don't plan on asking for a refund, but I'm definitely complaining to support. The ENTIRE reason I bought this bundle was for the Achron steam key.[/QUOTE]

Had I bought this week's bundle, I would be asking for a refund. As it is, I'm glad that I decided to wait to see if they got this straitened out. And now I'm just gonna pass.

Disappointing because of all the games in the bundles, Achron was the one I was most interested in. I guess I'll just have to wait for it to show up in another bundle.

For the .80 cents I paid I'm not upset, but that does make you as the dev look bad since you have been nice enough to promote the bundle so much I'm sure some people will misplace their rage against you.

The bundle page still promises two copies of Achron, lol, I guess if they count the Mac/PC version as two copies. I would just try to put some pressure on GG as a dev to get their act together when it comes to these bundles because there is too much competition for them to be messing up.

I like Gamersgate and the folks who run it, but they seem to have a lot of issues with putting on bundles. I hope they get this sorted out.

[quote name='warreni']I like Gamersgate and the folks who run it, but they seem to have a lot of issues with putting on bundles. I hope they get this sorted out.[/QUOTE]

I already posted my thoughts on this on the Steam general forum indie bundle thread, but super douchey move on the part of both Gamersgate and the Achron developers.

GG doesn't really need any more screw ups to add to their reputation and the decent thing for that developer to do would be to offer Steam keys at least to anyone who asks. Many other developers do this even when they weren't in bundles that promised Steam keys.

[quote name='gilby']Here we go: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=119221.0

That's a post from one Alexander Poysky, Content Manager at GamersGate confirming that Steam keys would be included for all games in the bundle already on Steam as well as those that end up being greenlit. I'd say it's time to get on Gamersgate support and demand Steam keys.[/QUOTE]

And permanent doesn't mean permanent. Whatever. It's Gamersgate. They don't give a shit. They will just keep making excuses to worm their way out of it.

Someone over at the Steam forum sent Gamersgate a message regarding this noting that the Steam keys for Achron were promised.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?p=33588363#post33588363
[quote name='tmwfte']I submitted a support ticket back on Friday, but haven't heard anything. I also e-mailed their PR guy [Alex Poysky], but, again, no response.

Likely the response will be something like "We're sorry you misunderstood, but all Steam keys available meant that you would get Steam keys if the developer made them available" in order to shift the "blame" solely on Hazardous Software.

As soon as my Blue Coins run out, aside from two outstanding pre-orders that activate on Origin, I'm done with GamersGate.[/QUOTE]

He got this response:
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?p=33591562#post33591562
[quote name='tmwfte']So, I got a response from GamersGate Support myself regarding the IndieFort Ignition Bundle:

Although the Caster game did get the Steam code added, these 2 games are not provided with these as I see

Also, you should get a second [non-Steam] copy of Achron.

Lovely.[/QUOTE]

Gamersgate is just full of so much suck. They never budge an inch. They don't apologize. They just keep insisting the current situation is the way it is and any other interpretation, even when we were blatantly obviously told the contrary by them or one of their representatives, is our mistake.

Emailed support about the Steam key for Achron (or lack thereof) and got this response.

[FONT=Candara, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]After reporting the request i have received an update that the Steam key for the game was not promised by us on our web-site. Yet still, seeing that some people requested it, we will check if we can get additional Steam keys for the game. But this will take some time due to the Christmas holidays. Hope that you can await and if the key is received, we will update the accounts with it. [/FONT]

[quote name='Motoki']
Gamersgate is just full of so much suck. They never budge an inch. They don't apologize. They just keep insisting the current situation is the way it is and any other interpretation, even when we were blatantly obviously told the contrary by them or one of their representatives, is our mistake.[/QUOTE]

The web page for the bundle doesn't mention the steam keys--support is correct if they look at the bundle page and see nothing on steam keys. Everything involving those was in the posts by the bundle manager and some of the developers involved. That said, the information posted by those people was quite clear on Steam keys and is more than enough to push them on the subject.

Thankfully, it looks like Gamersgate is going to try to lean on the developer of Archon over the steam keys. Let's hope React Games decides to provide what they seemingly agreed to in the first place.

[quote name='Motoki']Gamersgate is just full of so much suck. They never budge an inch. They don't apologize. They just keep insisting the current situation is the way it is and any other interpretation, even when we were blatantly obviously told the contrary by them or one of their representatives, is our mistake.[/QUOTE]
I'm not too keen to deal with them after that IGN fiasco. They should have known full well how IGN was advertising the discount, (and were certainly guilty of negligence if they did not,) yet didn't do anything about it. :roll:

[quote name='gilby']The web page for the bundle doesn't mention the steam keys--support is correct if they look at the bundle page and see nothing on steam keys. Everything involving those was in the posts by the bundle manager and some of the developers involved. That said, the information posted by those people was quite clear on Steam keys and is more than enough to push them on the subject.

Thankfully, it looks like Gamersgate is going to try to lean on the developer of Archon over the steam keys. Let's hope React Games decides to provide what they seemingly agreed to in the first place.[/QUOTE]

Yeah but the bundle manager is working with them. They are hosting the bundle on their site. Their name is on it. They bear some responsibility too.

If they are going to partner with other people and other sites they can't continue to throw their hands up and say 'It's not us, it's them'. Even if the other people are at fault then they need to go to those people and hold them accountable. When you put your name on something it's your reputation on the line.

I am glad they told mokmoof something apparently different than what they told tmwfte but I still think they could do with a little more 'I'm sorry' and a little less 'It wasn't us'.

If their partners are promising things they shouldn't be or can't deliver on then maybe they need to work more closely with those partners or find new ones.

Also, while I realize Steam is a competitor to them I also think they need to realize that people want Steam keys where available for game bundles. It generates more interest and more income for the bundle and every other bundle besides them does provide Steam keys for games in the bundle if it is a game that is on Steam.

To be fair, here is the statement from the Gamersgate guy:

"*EDIT*
Yes actually, quite a few of the games are steam released!

We will be offering steam codes (for a select few devs who DO want to distribute steam keys as thanks. Due to people misconstruing my words I am rectifying. Let me explain, all of the games in the bundle have GamersGate keys, while SOME are also on Steam. Of those on Steam, we asked if they wanted to provide Steam Keys. Some said no, so to those who believed that ALL games had Steam keys, or that all games that HAD Steam keys were going to give free keys, or to those who thought they would get TWO keys (Steam and Gamersgate to give to a friend), I ask you keep in mind what I just said to avoid further misconstruing."

And we never actually got confirmation from the Achron guy that they would have Steam keys. Echomateria was being helpful in trying to promote the bundle and either had the wrong information or got confused about it and Steam keys.

I do think they need to be a bit more clear with their bundle pages and whatnot, but all this huffing and puffing about it is overblown IMO.

If people really are so up in arms about it, just email support and ask for a refund. GG has a pretty generous refund policy and you'll rid yourself of the "problem."

Looks like Alex edited out the original text.

Did anyone actually save it? This is the reason why you have to save everything on the internet. Now it's people misconstruing what he said. Right.

I also love how it's implied now that people want Steam keys so they can have extra copies to give away to their friends, hence the customer is at fault.

Of course there's going to be jerkwads that do crap like that and it potentially can happen with any bundle that but that doesn't stop them from offering the keys.

"*EDIT*
Yes actually, quite a few of the games are steam released!

We will be offering steam codes for all the games that have them available, as well as the promise that ANY GAME ACCEPTED ONTO GREENLIGHT WILL GET YOU A STEAM CODE.

Oh, and I'm not mean about dev's using the bundle to promote their greenlight page, that's what this is for, proper exposure!

ALSO: Any donation made above the base price of the game goes untouched by gamersgate and myself, we give the money in full to both the charity and the devs.

Lemme know what you all think! « Last Edit: Today at 07:09:34 am by alexpoysky »
ip.gif
Indiefort Partner/Manager"

That's from Google's cache, which was taken on Dec. 9.

Right. So all games doesn't mean all games and permanent doesn't mean permanent.

It's fine and I'll let it go now but I guess I just have a higher standard for this sort of thing from having worked in service for a number of years.

On a personal note, I have a pretty low tolerance for passing the buck too.

'It wasn't Gamersgate it was Alex!'
'It wasn't me! You misconstrued what I said and by the way you just want Steam keys to give extra copies to your friends!'

How about someone just say they messed up and are sorry?
*shakes head*

[quote name='Motoki']On a personal note, I have a pretty low tolerance for passing the buck too.

'It wasn't Gamersgate it was Alex!'
'It wasn't me! You misconstrued what I said and by the way you just want Steam keys to give extra copies to your friends!'

How about someone just say they messed up and are sorry?
*shakes head*[/QUOTE]

See, I'm not blaming Gamersgate as a whole here--customer support is right to note that the web page for the bundle doesn't say anything about Steam. The statements promising Steam keyswere made by developers (working from info from a meeting) and Alex Poysky. Poysky is the person that put out bad information, both directly and from what was agreed in that meeting. Any mistake is on him. He is the one that needs to be stepping up with an apology and a concerted effort to make things right.

Now, having steam keys available may be the out here. I can't find anywhere selling Achron as a Steam key, including its own web page. There may not be any Steam keys for this game in existence at this time. Though I can't see why the publisher couldn't request some from Steam.

[quote name='gilby']Now, having steam keys available may be the out here. I can't find anywhere selling Archon as a Steam key, including its own web page. There may not be any Steam keys for this game in existence at this time. Though I can't see why the publisher couldn't request some from Steam.[/QUOTE]

I'd have to dig again, but I believe there was some reference on their forums to providing Steam keys to prior purchasers upon request when they game got posted on Steam.

Anyway, any developer or publisher can get Steam keys to distribute for their game at any time.

There are lots of games in bundles that give Steam keys where otherwise the only way to get it on Steam outside of that bundle is to buy it on Steam. That's because the bundle organizer worked something out with the developer to get the keys. If Alex hadn't had that all worked out in the first place then he shouldn't have mentioned it.

As far as I am concerned, any game that is on Steam counts as being able to get a Steam key "where available" because it is available. The developer just has to provide them.

I suppose if you want to split hairs you can count the developer refusing to do this (if this is in fact what they did; I haven't seen anything from them directly) as not being "where available" but I don't think that is the interpretation that most people would have and that's tricky wording for something where some people will be basing their purchasing decisions based on believing they will get the key.

[quote name='Motoki']I'd have to dig again, but I believe there was some reference on their forums to providing Steam keys to prior purchasers upon request when they game got posted on Steam.[/QUOTE]

I dug on their forums and saw someone answer that they would not be providing Steam keys for prior purchases.

It also appears they abandoned development before finishing all promised features.

I suppose if you want to split hairs you can count the developer refusing to do this (if this is in fact what they did; I haven't seen anything from them directly) as not being "where available" but I don't think that is the interpretation that most people would have and that's tricky wording for something where some people will be basing their purchasing decisions based on believing they will get the key.
If the developer won't provide keys then they really aren't available. It seems that the developer in this case has a history of not caring for its customers. I certainly did read the posts in question as meaning keys would be provided for everything that was on Steam, but I can recognize that Gamersgate said something less than a direct statement that they had Steam keys for all the games. That doesn't make it any better, though. That makes it worse. Clarity as to what they are offering shouldn't be an afterthought. I don't have a question as to what I am getting with Humble Bundle, IndieRoyale or Groupees.

I'd be peeved if this was a game I grabbed this bundle to get; as it is it's more of a principle-of-the-thing issue.

Okay I'm tired of arguing about this. I think it sucks and that people were misled and those who are responsible, even if their intentions were good, should take more responsibility and apologize.

If you don't that's great.

I personally have a hard time trusting both Gamersgate and Alex Poysky.

If you do that's great.

To each his own Kumbaya blah blah.

[quote name='gilby']Clarity as to what they are offering shouldn't be an afterthought. I don't have a question as to what I am getting with Humble Bundle, IndieRoyale or Groupees.[/QUOTE]
Clarity isn't exactly Groupees' strength either. "If we reach 200 unique caption submissions, the final bonus game for the Be Mine 6 Bundle will be automatically added to everyone's account" turned out to be that they'd add the second-to-last bonus game days after the 200 submission was made.

[quote name='Motoki']Okay I'm tired of arguing about this. I think it sucks and that people were misled and those who are responsible, even if their intentions were good, should take more responsibility and apologize.

If you don't that's great.[/QUOTE]

I'm not arguing, just clarifying that Alex Poysky is the person that needs to get heat here. He made the erroneous statements, in multiple forums, while identifying himself as the person in charge of this bundle. He is the one who needs to step up here, at least with a real apology. I'm going to concentrate on bothering him with my complaints.

As to trusting Gamersgate, I'm going to take what their sale page says for future bundles. No more and no less. They don't seem to be very good at this bundle thing.

My mistake on Achron, I was mistaking it for a different game and different developer. They did provide Steam keys for preorders. I just can't find any now.

[quote name='gilby']My mistake on Achron, I was mistaking it for a different game and different developer. They did provide Steam keys for preorders. I just can't find any now.[/QUOTE]

Not to start this whole thing back up again and lord knows I am drowning trying to work and keep up with the Steam thread at the same time right now, but I am just kind of curious, with this whole debacle did anyone actually ask the developer about their take and/or if they would be willing to just give the Steam keys themselves to people who request it?

Having to do that is kind of silly extra hoops to make people go through for a bundle game, but devs issuing out Steam keys to people who can prove they bought their game isn't exactly unheard of either.

bread's done
Back