>IndieFort Countdown Bundle< 27 games, 6 OSTs and an add on for $10 (96% discount)

echoMateria

CAG Veteran
Hello, I am one of the developers behind War of the Human Tanks. Since we are involved with the IndieFort Countdown Bundle I would like to tell you about what this bundle is and how it works. But first, have a look at its trailer on YouTube.

Countdown Bundle is made of five separate bundles, a new bundle every week for five weeks. Each bundle is made of four games and priced at $4. For each bundle you buy, the next one will be $1 cheaper. So if you buy the first one, the second bundle is only $3; buy that and the next one is $2, going that way next one is $1 and the final bundle (that is to say, the one War of the Human Tanks is in) will be completely free.

That's $10 for a total of 20 games at the end of five weeks. We also have bonuses that will unlock upon reaching set sales goals that include 7 more games, 6 OSTs and an add-on. Making the full price of everything you are getting for just $10 into a grand total of $250. A 96% discount is a deal you should not to miss.

We have also teamed up with the kind folks at the charity organization Help-Daniel. We are dedicating part of the proceeds from the full five weeks of sales to him, and want to reach out to the community for help in the hopes he makes a full recovery soon.

Since this bundle is hosted by GamersGate, you will get a key for everything there. Also the games on this bundle that have Steam versions already present will give Steam keys to add to your account. (Marked those with (STEAM) below) The rest are all on Greenlight (except 2, here is a link to the Greenlight Collection) and you will get a Steam key for those when they are greenlit with your votes. So don't forget to vote YES for them. (Marked those with (Greenlight) below)

IndieFort Countdown Bundle:

Week 1:
Aeon Command (Greenlight)
Genetrive 2
Space Pirates and Zombies (STEAM)
Waveform (STEAM)

Week 2:
Caster (STEAM)
Hegemony Gold: Wars of Ancient Greece (STEAM)
Strategic War in Europe (Greenlight)
Zombies (Greenlight)

Week 3:
Alien Hallway (STEAM)
Bridge It (Greenlight)
Eryi's Action (Greenlight)
Terrorhedron (Greenlight)

Week 4:
Achron (STEAM)
Alien Shooter 2 Conscription (STEAM)
Orczz (Greenlight)
Syder Arcade (Greenlight)

Week 5
War of the Human Tanks (Greenlight)
Will Fight for Food (Greenlight)
Zafehouse: Diaries (Greenlight)
Zombie Shooter 2 (STEAM)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SqueeMK2']Just bumping this back up for some disappointing news. Kinda sounding like yet another game in this bundle won't be providing Steam keys if it's Greenlit. This time it's Zafehouse Diaries, which was the main selling point of the bundle for me.

http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/discussion/97230840/828923952095115976/#p2

Welp.[/QUOTE]

If the developer has chosen to back out of their previous commitments it sounds like the best thing to do is to pull out all the stops to encourage people to vote this game down on Greenlight.

Well that does suck. I bought a copy on Desura before I got my GG copy so I just asked if I might be able to get a Steam key.

That said, this whole Indiefort thing was a clusterfuck due to GG and their lack of communication/organization. I'm not sure if the Zafehouse devs ever made the statement or committed to providing steam keys if it got greenlit, I think that was info we got from another dev who had their game in the bundle. So IMO downvoting out of spite is kind of wack, but to each their own.

I do think that providing Steam keys to previous purchases is a great model for greenlight and a nice incentive, but I always wondered how the devs got any money or even were motivated to get on Steam if all their sales were already accounted for prior to being greenlit and they basically are just distributing massive amount of keys at that point.

Gilby - I wasn't aware of that. We are happy to honour it, but because we don't have the details of IndieFort customers, we can't verify purchases or distribute the keys. I suspect GamersGate will be the one to fulfill it.

It sounds like they're willing to provide steam keys to the bundle owners.

[quote name='elessar123']It sounds like they're willing to provide steam keys to the bundle owners.[/QUOTE]

Sounds more like they're shuffling the onus of key distribution to Gamersgate, while Gamersgate probably won't do it without developer pressure. Still, I'd be glad to be wrong.

[quote name='SqueeMK2']Sounds more like they're shuffling the onus of key distribution to Gamersgate, while Gamersgate probably won't do it without developer pressure. Still, I'd be glad to be wrong.[/QUOTE]

If Gamersgate gets the keys, they will distribute them. Eventually. When they figure out that they do have them and that they do need to be distributed. That could take a few reminders.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']
That said, this whole Indiefort thing was a clusterfuck due to GG and their lack of communication/organization. I'm not sure if the Zafehouse devs ever made the statement or committed to providing steam keys if it got greenlit, I think that was info we got from another dev who had their game in the bundle.[/QUOTE]

From him, I think from at least one other developer, and from the bundle manager. All seemed pretty clear that they were in agreement on the greenlight thing. Not that they couldn't all be mistaken, I suppose.

[quote name='gilby']If Gamersgate gets the keys, they will distribute them. Eventually. When they figure out that they do have them and that they do need to be distributed. That could take a few reminders.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='gilby']From him, I think from at least one other developer, and from the bundle manager. All seemed pretty clear that they were in agreement on the greenlight thing. Not that they couldn't all be mistaken, I suppose.[/QUOTE]

The dev sounds pretty clueless on Steam TBH. Keeps blaming their system not being capable of delivering, but I think they are just hiding behind excuses. If Steam does give them unlimited keys it's just a matter of asking for them, sending them to GG and Desura and then be done with it. They get detailed reports from each about how many copies of the game they sold and both services have retroactively delivered Steam keys.

From their comment on Steam sounds like they were trying to put the responsibility on GG and not them.

OK, maybe the dev is just new to this, seems like they thought since there was nothing built into their Desura or GG interface to add the Steam keys themselves, then it couldn't be done. Hopefully once they talk to GG and Desura, delivering Steam keys will be back on the table:

We're not withholding keys for any reason, we're just not sure how to distribute batches of Steam keys to customers on Desura or GamersGate. If there is a way, then there's nothing in the back-ends of either service that allow it, so it must be something that Desura or GG handle directly.

Let me check with them and see how it works. We'll update the policy accordingly.

Update:

Good news. GamersGate and Desura have both confirmed they can distribute Zafehouse Diaries Steam keys for anyone who buys it on those services. With regards to GamersGate, this also means the IndieFort Countdown bundle.

Thanks for bearing with us. The Greenlight page has been updated with the information.

bread's done
Back