>IndieFort Countdown Bundle< 27 games, 6 OSTs and an add on for $10 (96% discount)

echoMateria

CAG Veteran
Hello, I am one of the developers behind War of the Human Tanks. Since we are involved with the IndieFort Countdown Bundle I would like to tell you about what this bundle is and how it works. But first, have a look at its trailer on YouTube.

Countdown Bundle is made of five separate bundles, a new bundle every week for five weeks. Each bundle is made of four games and priced at $4. For each bundle you buy, the next one will be $1 cheaper. So if you buy the first one, the second bundle is only $3; buy that and the next one is $2, going that way next one is $1 and the final bundle (that is to say, the one War of the Human Tanks is in) will be completely free.

That's $10 for a total of 20 games at the end of five weeks. We also have bonuses that will unlock upon reaching set sales goals that include 7 more games, 6 OSTs and an add-on. Making the full price of everything you are getting for just $10 into a grand total of $250. A 96% discount is a deal you should not to miss.

We have also teamed up with the kind folks at the charity organization Help-Daniel. We are dedicating part of the proceeds from the full five weeks of sales to him, and want to reach out to the community for help in the hopes he makes a full recovery soon.

Since this bundle is hosted by GamersGate, you will get a key for everything there. Also the games on this bundle that have Steam versions already present will give Steam keys to add to your account. (Marked those with (STEAM) below) The rest are all on Greenlight (except 2, here is a link to the Greenlight Collection) and you will get a Steam key for those when they are greenlit with your votes. So don't forget to vote YES for them. (Marked those with (Greenlight) below)

IndieFort Countdown Bundle:

Week 1:
Aeon Command (Greenlight)
Genetrive 2
Space Pirates and Zombies (STEAM)
Waveform (STEAM)

Week 2:
Caster (STEAM)
Hegemony Gold: Wars of Ancient Greece (STEAM)
Strategic War in Europe (Greenlight)
Zombies (Greenlight)

Week 3:
Alien Hallway (STEAM)
Bridge It (Greenlight)
Eryi's Action (Greenlight)
Terrorhedron (Greenlight)

Week 4:
Achron (STEAM)
Alien Shooter 2 Conscription (STEAM)
Orczz (Greenlight)
Syder Arcade (Greenlight)

Week 5
War of the Human Tanks (Greenlight)
Will Fight for Food (Greenlight)
Zafehouse: Diaries (Greenlight)
Zombie Shooter 2 (STEAM)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Motoki']Not to start this whole thing back up again and lord knows I am drowning trying to work and keep up with the Steam thread at the same time right now, but I am just kind of curious, with this whole debacle did anyone actually ask the developer about their take and/or if they would be willing to just give the Steam keys themselves to people who request it?
[/QUOTE]

It may help to put a developer on the spot about this, so at least they have to publicly make it known that they were not willing to provide Steam keys.

I'm still going to keep on Alex Poysky about this, though.

I just got a message back from support.

My original message:

"I read that with this purchase i would receive steam keys for alien shooter 2 and Archon. I did not receive either.

I read it here : http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=119221.0

This stated that the games were coming with Steam keys. He has recently changed that post (5 days after i purchased) to reflect that steam keys wont be issued. This doesnt help me as i had already purchased on the 14th.

It would be greatly appreciated if you could iron this out and issue me the steam key as advertised.

Thank you."

Their response:

"Hi

These game have never and will never have Steam serials I'm afraid. That is not something GamersGate has advertised.

Andreas P
Customer Support Manager
GamersGate "

Looks like were getting keys for neither. I cant be too mad for the price i paid. I cant help feeling a little scammed here. Second time ive used GG, second time theres been some kind of issue.

[quote name='Reraise']
These game have never and will never have Steam serials I'm afraid. That is not something GamersGate has advertised.

Andreas P
Customer Support Manager
GamersGate "

Looks like were getting keys for neither. I cant be too mad for the price i paid. I cant help feeling a little scammed here. Second time ive used GG, second time theres been some kind of issue.[/QUOTE]

What the fuck? You surely can be mad. You can be fucking pissed. Sigma Team can be fucking pissed too, considering they provided Steam Keys to Gamersgate for Alien Shooter, indeed for all their games in this bundle. If we don't get the keys that would mean Gamersgate took them from the developer, supposedly for the bundle, and kept them for other uses.

So, let's recap as to Steam key situations:

Week 1:
Space Pirates and Zombies (STEAM)
Waveform (STEAM)

Both Steam keys have been provided, but supplies may be limited of the first.

Week 2:
Caster (STEAM)
Hegemony Gold: Wars of Ancient Greece (STEAM)

Caster took some time, but was provided. Hegemony was available from the start.

Week 3:
Alien Hallway (STEAM)

Provided? Sigma Team said they gave Steam keys to Gamersgate.

Week 4:
Achron (STEAM)
Alien Shooter 2 Conscription (STEAM)

Not provided. No idea on Achron's developer, but Sigma Team said they game Steam keys to Gamersgate.

Week 5
Zombie Shooter 2 (STEAM)

Don't know, but Sigma Team said they gave Steam keys to Gamersgate.

So we have a few Sigma Team games where we don't yet or may not have keys, but Gamersgate got keys specifically for this bundle. We also have Achron, with information unknown. Anyone have a phone number for Gamersgate corporate? Or a good idea for a gaming journalist that can go on the attack here?

[quote name='gilby']What the fuck? You surely can be mad. You can be fucking pissed. Sigma Team can be fucking pissed too, considering they provided Steam Keys to Gamersgate for Alien Shooter, indeed for all their games in this bundle. If we don't get the keys that would mean Gamersgate took them from the developer, supposedly for the bundle, and kept them for other uses.[/QUOTE]

Wait, what? The developer stated they gave the Steam keys to Gamersgate and Gamersgate is refusing to hand them over and out and out lying and ripping people off about it?

That's just BS.

Also, they need to take a lesson in customer service from other places like Amazon. I have had situations where Amazon issued me a credit and apologized even for something that wasn't their fault like the publisher failed to pack in an insert for a DLC in a sealed box that Amazon merely shipped.

The thing is, when a customer is upset, they don't want to hear excuses. They don't want to hear 'Not my fault. You're SOL. Tough. Deal with' which is basically what Gamersgate has been doing in these situations.

If you actually give a shit about your customers and you want them to return and not badmouth you then you try to act like you care and if at all possible try to find some way to make it up to them.

Gamersgate not only doesn't do that, they are now keeping Steam keys provided by a developer for themselves? Really? That's some douche move that Facekick would do.

Even if it's a mix up if they tried listening to the customer and got off their asses and tried looking into it instead of saying not my problem them maybe they could resolve it.

Christ, these people get an F for customer service. :bomb:

[quote name='Motoki']I think someone should contact that developer directly and the Achron one as well to get to the bottom of this. Who knows, maybe the Achron devs DID give Steam keys and Alex Poysky or Gamersgate are withholding them too.[/QUOTE]

I contacted the two developers in question and Alex Poysky after posting my summary of information here.

Poysky just got back to me. He said they did get Steam keys for the Sigma Team games, and that they will be provided for purchasers. If they aren't yet granted, they are working on it and the keys will be available. As to Archon, he said he was wrong. He believed Hazardous wanted to provide Steam keys when they actually didn't. He didn't say he'd be able to get them to provide keys. As is, his edited post is still misleading about the situation during and before the bundle launch. We'll see if he deals with that.

I'll see if I get a reply from Hazardous with their take.

(I did get a failure message from the mail I sent to [email protected]. It didn't bounce, but it appears an internal redirect bounced. I'm not sure if there were other redirects or if it actually got to anyone. I may try posting in their forum.)

Yeah the forum is probably a good way to get their attention I'd imagine.

Thanks for the updates. The whole thing is a mess. I still say Gamersgate should try harder to actually LOOK INTO THINGS AND MAKE A DAMNED EFFORT instead of constantly just stating everything is not their fault or their problem.

I mean if a customer says we were supposed to get Steam keys then they should research it and see what happened. It took you what a few minutes to send off emails to people and get clarification?

[quote name='Motoki']
I mean if a customer says we were supposed to get Steam keys then they should research it and see what happened. It took you what a few minutes to send off emails to people and get clarification?[/QUOTE]

I didn't contact Gamersgate support, as seeing their responses told me they didn't know what was going on with this bundle. I went with an email I found (on twitter) for Alex Poysky. It's his statements and the information he provided to developers that we're going on, here.

If the bundle is sort of a self-contained thing, and the Steam keys were a if-the-developer-agrees thing, then I can see Gamersgate support not having any information in front of them stating anything about Steam keys being provided for this bundle. That doesn't mean customer support shouldn't dig further if customers are telling them they are wrong.

So now i am a bit pissed. After some research around the net, it DOES look like sigma team provided the serials. So GG is just ripping us off.

I bought this bundle specifically for an archon steam key. I was mad enough to be told i wouldnt be getting that, but now to hear that keys a developer provided arent getting handed out is complete BS.

Never using GG again. I wanted that human tank game, but i will not purchase from a shady company. Hopefully the tank game will be included one day in a humble/gala/royale bundle.

[quote name='Reraise']So now i am a bit pissed. After some research around the net, it DOES look like sigma team provided the serials. So GG is just ripping us off.

I bought this bundle specifically for an archon steam key. I was mad enough to be told i wouldnt be getting that, but now to hear that keys a developer provided arent getting handed out is complete BS.

Never using GG again. I wanted that human tank game, but i will not purchase from a shady company. Hopefully the tank game will be included one day in a humble/gala/royale bundle.[/QUOTE]

War of Human Tanks is also in Bundle in a Box but you have less than a half hour left so HURRY.

http://bundle-in-a-box.com/

[quote name='Reraise']So now i am a bit pissed. After some research around the net, it DOES look like sigma team provided the serials. So GG is just ripping us off.

I bought this bundle specifically for an archon steam key. I was mad enough to be told i wouldnt be getting that, but now to hear that keys a developer provided arent getting handed out is complete BS. [/QUOTE]

Except keys for the Sigma Team games will show up. It's not BS; it's a messup on Gamersgate's end--Alex Poysky's words--and one that will be corrected.

Everyone seemed to think Achron keys would be provided--echoMateria and Poysky posted based on that info--but they were mistaken. Hazardous didn't and doesn't want to do Steam keys for this bundle. I'm hoping to get an answer from them explaining why, and explaining why there was a mistaken belief that they would.

Also, even if they were honestly mistaken in their information about Steam keys, you did make a purchase decision based upon the information of someone stating they represented Gamersgate and this bundle. That should be worth a refund if you decide you want one.

Well, I got a polite and clear reply from Chris Hazard of Hazardous. The short answer is that they aren't providing keys and that they never agreed to provide keys, they don't and won't provide Steam keys for any distributor outside of Steam itself, and that there was internal miscommunication at Gamersgate leading to the belief that Hazardous would provide keys.

I asked if I could share the text of the email here.

That's kind of crappy of him in my opinion but whatever it's their game I guess.

This is such a mess. Alex Poysky should have clarified Steam keys or no with all the developers before announcing that. If he wasn't sure or he knew certain games were on Steam but would not be getting Steam keys for Indiefort he should have been more clear and explicit in his wording.

Gamersgate for their part should have better customer service than to just constantly say it's not us. In the case of Alien Hallway they were wrong about no Steam keys which they could have easily corrected in a few minutes had they stopped dodging blame long enough to ask someone.

The whole thing is shameful and atrocious in my opinion. I will never be buying Indiefort.

"... and an add on" in the title reminded me of this:

psxfin2011111911254524.jpg

(was looking for a screenshot of the previous text: "I'll take an add-on." , which would have been slightly more relevant :p)

[quote name='gilby']Except keys for the Sigma Team games will show up. It's not BS; it's a messup on Gamersgate's end--Alex Poysky's words--and one that will be corrected.[/QUOTE]

This is not what GG support told me. Go back a page for my copy of their message to me.

Ah crap, missed bundle in a box...that was sweet too, never seen that site before.

[quote name='Reraise']This is not what GG support told me. Go back a page for my copy of their message to me.
[/quote]

They're wrong, which is unfortunate, but it looks like you are going to have to fight it out with Gamersgate support or maybe see if you can get Alex Poysky to intervene.

Ah crap, missed bundle in a box...that was sweet too, never seen that site before.

Check your PMs.

[quote name='Motoki']They're wrong, which is unfortunate, but it looks like you are going to have to fight it out with Gamersgate support or maybe see if you can get Alex Poysky to intervene.

Check your PMs.[/QUOTE]

You are awesome.

I hope they are wrong. The only part of this that is keeping me from making a fuss is it was for charity.

[quote name='Reraise']
I hope they are wrong. The only part of this that is keeping me from making a fuss is it was for charity.[/QUOTE]

Support was wrong. I skipped them and went to the manager of the bundle. He said they have the keys, the keys do come with the bundle, and they just need to fix the problem on their end. (This is in regards to the Team Sigma games.)

[quote name='Motoki']They're wrong, which is unfortunate, but it looks like you are going to have to fight it out with Gamersgate support or maybe see if you can get Alex Poysky to intervene.[/QUOTE]

This shouldn't be necessary. I wasn't told that they'd fix my bundles. I was told that they would fix all purchased bundles in regards to those keys. Of course, if they don't, yeah, he's the one to contact--Gamersgate support doesn't have information about these bundles outside of what the bundle pages state.

Here's the email I received from Chris Hazard:
We have never provided nor agreed to provide Steam keys to any distributor, distribution, or individual other than the following 3 exceptions: preorders on our site (made before August 2011), bonus copies included with direct Steam retail purchases, and for small freebie giveaway promotions.

We delivered achrongame.com keys to GamersGate for this promotion in mid-November, the same way that we do for retail purchases for GamersGate and other distributors.

From what I've heard in the last day via a couple emails and instant messages from GamersGate is that it was a miscommunication internally within GamersGate / Indiefort.

We were not even aware that Indiefort customers had any expectation of Steam keys until just yesterday -- we heard that a couple of the other developers in the bundle were including them and we thought that was just a bonus.

[quote name='gilby']Here's the email I received from Chris Hazard:
We have never provided nor agreed to provide Steam keys to any distributor, distribution, or individual other than the following 3 exceptions: preorders on our site (made before August 2011), bonus copies included with direct Steam retail purchases, and for small freebie giveaway promotions.

We delivered achrongame.com keys to GamersGate for this promotion in mid-November, the same way that we do for retail purchases for GamersGate and other distributors.

From what I've heard in the last day via a couple emails and instant messages from GamersGate is that it was a miscommunication internally within GamersGate / Indiefort.

We were not even aware that Indiefort customers had any expectation of Steam keys until just yesterday -- we heard that a couple of the other developers in the bundle were including them and we thought that was just a bonus.

[/QUOTE]

It's hard for me to blame Gamersgate for much of this beyond simply having some shoddy communication/PR. I don't really get the sense that there was an attempt to deceive on anyone's part. Having said that, it probably would get them some good karma to give refunds/BC credit/something to those who complained at the least (and I could say the same about Hazardous).

gilby, you are to be commended on your stellar detective work in this matter. You've gone beyond the call of duty in attempting to sort this out, so :applause: for your efforts.

OK, I'm just now getting around to getting my keys for the two bundles I bought. Weren't we supposed to get steam keys for Hegemony Gold: Wars of Ancient Greece from the week 2 bundle? Did anybody else buy that bundle? Did you get a steam key for that? All I see is an activation serial key.

[quote name='The End']OK, I'm just now getting around to getting my keys for the two bundles I bought. Weren't we supposed to get steam keys for Hegemony Gold: Wars of Ancient Greece from the week 2 bundle? Did anybody else buy that bundle? Did you get a steam key for that? All I see is an activation serial key.[/QUOTE]

same, no steam key.

[quote name='The End']OK, I'm just now getting around to getting my keys for the two bundles I bought. Weren't we supposed to get steam keys for Hegemony Gold: Wars of Ancient Greece from the week 2 bundle? Did anybody else buy that bundle? Did you get a steam key for that? All I see is an activation serial key.[/QUOTE]

I got an activation key and activated when I purchased it. I did purchase it the first day it was made available and activated it soon after.

[quote name='The End']Does the "activation key" work for steam? Because I assumed that it was used to activate the gamersgate version.[/QUOTE]

Yes, mine did. When I try to re-activate the key, it gives me the "product already owned" prompt.

[quote name='anarchyoblivion']Yes, mine did. When I try to re-activate the key, it gives me the "product already owned" prompt.[/QUOTE]

Thanks man. I was able to use the "Activation" key to redeem on steam. I was somewhat hesitate to click on the button just in case it wasn't a steam key an I would be unable to ask for a refund. Thankfully, I won't have to worry about that.

[quote name='warreni']gilby, you are to be commended on your stellar detective work in this matter. You've gone beyond the call of duty in attempting to sort this out, so :applause: for your efforts.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, but it was just a matter of skipping those who seem to not know anything about this bundle (support) and contacting those who do (the bundle manager and the developers.)

So did Poysky ever re-edit his post to make it clear that he had the wrong information and that he was wrong in his original statement? With an apology for an edit that seemed to shift the blame to being a misreading by customers? I recommended he do as much.

[quote name='gilby']Thanks, but it was just a matter of skipping those who seem to not know anything about this bundle (support) and contacting those who do (the bundle manager and the developers.)

So did Poysky ever re-edit his post to make it clear that he had the wrong information and that he was wrong in his original statement? With an apology for an edit that seemed to shift the blame to being a misreading by customers? I recommended he do as much.[/QUOTE]

He said this:

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=119221.0
[quote name='Alex Poysky']
*EDIT*
Yes actually, quite a few of the games are steam released!

We will be offering steam codes (for a select few devs who DO want to distribute steam keys as thanks. Let me explain, all of the games in the bundle have GamersGate keys, while SOME are also on Steam. Of those on Steam, we asked if they wanted to provide Steam Keys. Some said no, so to those who believed that ALL games had Steam keys, or that all games that HAD Steam keys were going to give free keys, or to those who thought they would get TWO keys (Steam and Gamersgate to give to a friend), On a side note, I have been informed that some of Sigma Team's keys are not registering on Steam, we are working to sort it because I know for a fact that we recieved them, it'll be sorted soon enough, sorry folks! Also, I can confirm achron didn't want his keys to be released via Steam, and while I can't go into details as to the WHY I can say I fully support his decision and Chris himself is a great guy. Sorry guys!

ALSO: Any donation made above the base price of the game goes untouched by gamersgate and myself, we give the money in full to both the charity and the devs.

Lemme know what you all think!
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 02:17:19 pm by alexpoysky » Logged
Indiefort Partner/Manager
[/quote]

I still could have lived with out the 'you just wanted Steam keys to have an extra copy to give to your friends' insinuation, but eh, it's something.

It's the final day of the GamersGate's IndieFort Countdown Bundle. If anyone still have ongoing issues, please let me know so I can notify the GamersGate staff one last time about them.

I would like to thank everyone for supporting the indie developers like us involved in this bundle. With all the issues it has been less than an ideal, but even with all that, we still got a chance to reach to a much bigger audience than some of us ever had. And personally I got the chance to directly meet and talk with various people here and all the other places, including the developers and players alike, so I'm thankful for the opportunity.

I'd like to think that things will only get better from this point on and wish everyone a happy new year.

I do have one question, I don't see any of the listed bonuses in my Gamersgate list despite buying every bundle. Like the OSTs and bonus games. Are those getting added when the bundles end?

Also I know we're not getting Achron Steam keys, but is Alien Shooter 2 Conscription a lost cause?

(i guess that was two questions)

[quote name='SqueeMK2']I do have one question, I don't see any of the listed bonuses in my Gamersgate list despite buying every bundle. Like the OSTs and bonus games. Are those getting added when the bundles end?[/QUOTE]

According to the Indiefort page, "All the Unlocks will be released 27th December." so they should be available soon.

Just got this from gamersgate what do you guys think ? I'm extremely aggrevated with this.

Hi,

This message is regarding issues with the Bethesda New Year Collection and the Borderlands 2 Four Pack deal.

We´re very sorry but due to technical difficulties we are not able to deliver the product you purchased and have provided a full refund of your purchase. We are currently looking into the possibility of additional compensation for this inconvenience.

GamersGate team
[email protected]

[quote name='jeff1304']Just got this from gamersgate what do you guys think ? I'm extremely aggrevated with this.

Hi,

This message is regarding issues with the Bethesda New Year Collection and the Borderlands 2 Four Pack deal.

We´re very sorry but due to technical difficulties we are not able to deliver the product you purchased and have provided a full refund of your purchase. We are currently looking into the possibility of additional compensation for this inconvenience.

GamersGate team
[email protected][/QUOTE]

If you got them at the miss marked price, im sure they wont honor it (GG seem like crooks right now). Id be pissed. I will never by using GG again.

Still dont have steam codes for alien shooter 2.

I've got some bonus content in my GG account, but I don't think I have all of it. Does someone have a list of the bonuses that we were supposed to get?

All bonuses are now in my account, including (I think) Steam keys for those games.

My Alien Shooter 2 Conscription key is still missing, and I've sent an email asking for an update.

I got a response saying that they'd get right on that--and yes, I'd heard that before.

However, the Alien Shooter Conscription key is there today.

I should check my account. Is it listed by itself or as part of one of the bonus packs?

Edit:

Looks like all my bonuses/games are there. Got steam keys for Conscription, Reloaded, and Revisited.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']I should check my account. Is it listed by itself or as part of one of the bonus packs?

Edit:

Looks like all my bonuses/games are there. Got steam keys for Conscription, Reloaded, and Revisited.[/QUOTE]

Listed here, there and everywhere, really. Some bonuses are listed under the base game, some are listed as part of a separate pack, and there's one inventory item that's just a bunch of links to soundtracks and an android version of a game.

A real mess, really. But it is all there.

[quote name='gilby']Listed here, there and everywhere, really. Some bonuses are listed under the base game, some are listed as part of a separate pack, and there's one inventory item that's just a bunch of links to soundtracks and an android version of a game.

A real mess, really. But it is all there.[/QUOTE]

I was so entertained by Gamersgate's other follies that I forgot about checking my bundles. It seems that everything is in there (in title, at least).
I would say that monkeys could do a better job organizing all the items, but that would be insulting to the monkeys. They could have just put all the bonuses under one heading, and all the games within their own bundle.

Zafehouse Diaries was in the final week bundle in case anyone here is too lazy to check the OP.

I passed on that week's bundle because it was just after the whole Bethesda pack hullabaloo and I wasn't 100% convinced that Gamers Gate was gonna be around in 6 months (I'm still not, frankly). So it doesn't really affect me. Though it kinda sucks for anybody who did buy that week and was hoping for a steam key.

Sorry man. :(

bread's done
Back