IndieGameStand Pay-What-You-Want Game Thread

seamoss

CAGiversary!
Feedback
166 (100%)
Current game on sale at the Indie Game Stand:

Steel Storm: Complete Edition

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sduihwqilPc

BTA: Steel Storm: Forgotten Prison DLC (?)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVtdbzZwB2U

Available for Windows & Linux.

Minimum is $0.25, while $1.00 or more will get you a Desura key, plus a Steam key if it gets greenlit.

Beat the current average for bonus content.

10% of the proceeds will be donated to charity.

Find out if this game has been previously bundled.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Umair56']Really Big Sky is the new one which I own somehow. I think it was in one of the early Royale bundles?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it was called "The Really Big Bundle".

[quote name='Umair56']Really Big Sky is the new one which I own somehow. I think it was in one of the early Royale bundles?[/QUOTE]

Yes, it was. The Really Big Bundle.

Yeah, that's where I got it. I think it was even called "The Really Big Bundle"

Also in Indie Gala 4.

I was unimpressed by Really Big Sky when I played it last year and I actually thought it was one of the most abysmal indie games ever. I should give it another chance though.

I didn't think RBS was THAT bad but it's certainly not an impressive shooter by any stretch of the imagination. I didn't mind getting it in whatever bundle I got.

[quote name='RollingSkull']I didn't think RBS was THAT bad but it's certainly not an impressive shooter by any stretch of the imagination. I didn't mind getting it in whatever bundle I got.[/QUOTE]

LOL. I think many gamers are forgetting they own games from past bundle purchases. There have really been that many bundles!

[quote name='inm8num2']LOL. I think many gamers are forgetting they own games from past bundle purchases. There have really been that many bundles![/QUOTE]

Heh, that happened to me so I created a text file with bundle name + game names just to keep track. It's good for keeping track of gift links too. :oops:

[quote name='sunghost']A lot of future potential deals on IndieGameStand may have been leaked.

https://indiegamestand.com/media/game_covers/XXX

For "XXX" enter 1-3 digits (they're not in order). Some of them don't work, but you'll randomly come across images for games (for past and possibly future deals).

For example, https://indiegamestand.com/media/game_covers/1 directs you to pics for The Banner Saga.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I hacked into the site the same way earlier and looked at all the pictures. Patent pending on my hack to so best to give credit sun.

[quote name='sunghost']A lot of future potential deals on IndieGameStand may have been leaked.

https://indiegamestand.com/media/game_covers/XXX

For "XXX" enter 1-3 digits (they're not in order). Some of them don't work, but you'll randomly come across images for games (for past and possibly future deals).

For example, https://indiegamestand.com/media/game_covers/1 directs you to pics for The Banner Saga.[/QUOTE]

You can do the same with:

https://indiegamestand.com/media/screenshots/XXX/

I started looking at these but then decided to stop - I rather like the anticipation.
Still, from what I saw, some nice indie games coming up (assuming these are
indeed all "signed up" games).

[quote name='sunghost']Hint for the next game from their Twitter page:

My guess? Avadon The Black Fortress. I remember seeing it in their index.[/QUOTE]
Is Avadon a roguelike? I thought I had all the roguelikes and I've never heard of this game

[quote name='crabbit']Is Avadon a roguelike? I thought I had all the roguelikes and I've never heard of this game[/QUOTE]

Apparently it is. I just killed some wolves and met a mage. It was very roguelike.

[quote name='crabbit']Is Avadon a roguelike? I thought I had all the roguelikes and I've never heard of this game[/QUOTE]

I haven't played it, so I can't say for sure. Cardinal Quest also seems very likely. It's probably one of those.

Avadon isn't a roguelike -- it's a fairly traditionally (albeit bland, imo) turn based RPG. Pretty much the same as the rest of Jeff Vogel's games.

[quote name='Mooby']I have a bad feeling it's going to be Hack Slash Loot since it was previously in an Indie Royale.[/QUOTE]

I don't think it'll be Hack Slash Loot. It wasn't ported to Android AFAIK, and I'm not sure if it's on Mac/Linux. It's probably Cardinal Quest.. which was in 3 bundles lol. It was in the gamedev bundle (which was nearly free), IndieFort, and Indie Gala Mobile bundle.

It looks like they've got a lot of fresh potential deals planned.. I wish they'd stop giving us bundle repeats.

[quote name='sunghost']I don't think it'll be Hack Slash Loot. It wasn't ported to Android AFAIK, and I'm not sure if it's on Mac/Linux. It's probably Cardinal Quest.. which was in 3 bundles lol. It was in the gamedev bundle (which was nearly free), IndieFort, and Indie Gala Mobile bundle.

It looks like they've got a lot of fresh potential deals planned.. I wish they'd stop giving us bundle repeats.[/QUOTE]

And you won, its Cardinal Quest :p

This reminds me how I never really sat down and played Cardinal's Quest on my phone. And I like me some roguelikes sometimes.

I really wish Indie Gala had an Android app to make it easy for me to download my games again and again like the HIB one. I flash CM10 nightlies and wipe my data pretty often.

I have at least a few hours on Cardinal Quest for the Android. It's a pretty decent very simple rogue. You get skills off the floor as well as equipment and it automatically equips if it's better. It seems all characters can use all skills probably but they start with different stats and skills. Overall it's a good introduction though not amazing.

[quote name='nitrosmob']I have at least a few hours on Cardinal Quest for the Android. It's a pretty decent very simple rogue. You get skills off the floor as well as equipment and it automatically equips if it's better. It seems all characters can use all skills probably but they start with different stats and skills. Overall it's a good introduction though not amazing.[/QUOTE]

When I read up on it during the Indiefort bundle that had it, I quickly realized it was a rather simplified version of a Roguelike. Dungeons of Dredmore is a bit more complex, but still simplified, and I find it a bit boring.

I rather like complex Roguelikes with ASCII graphics. As such, I seem to be outside the target market for these simplified examples of the style.

New deal is the Megabyte Punch alpha, with a Desura key. Soundtrack's included if you BTA. Gameplay videos remind me of Super Smash Bros.

My key's somehow recognized but not currently working with Desura, according to the client pop-up. Might be an isolated incident. Sure it'll be fixed soon, regardless.

[quote name='Eri Catocala']New deal is the Megabyte Punch alpha, with a Desura key. Soundtrack's included if you BTA. Gameplay videos remind me of Super Smash Bros.

My key's somehow recognized but not currently working with Desura, according to the client pop-up. Might be an isolated incident. Sure it'll be fixed soon, regardless.[/QUOTE]

I think that looks rather cool. Thanks, Eri!

Edit: Same key error here.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Sandrock7383']anyone play Megabyte Punch? i know it wont cost much but is it even worth the effort of downloading and the dollar?[/QUOTE]

Looks a lot like super smash bros. I'm in for a dollar why not.

[quote name='Sandrock7383']anyone play Megabyte Punch? i know it wont cost much but is it even worth the effort of downloading and the dollar?[/QUOTE]

Why don't you try the demos? See OP.

Last day to get Megabyte Punch. I've actually been having a lot of fun with it. Well worth a dollar. I recommend it!

Twitter hints for the next deal:

#1 - Just in Time for Halloween
#2 - Pc, Mac, Linux game - never been in a bundle before

[quote name='Eri Catocala']IGS was wrong about the second hint, Deadly 30 was a late addition to Groupee's Build a Bundle 2.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I noticed that too. IndieGameStand fail at checking bundle history, which makes me wonder if that contributes to why there are so many repeat bundle deals on their site. I was really hoping it wouldn't be Deadly 30.. oh well.

[quote name='sunghost']Yeah, I noticed that too. IndieGameStand fail at checking bundle history, which makes me wonder if that contributes to why there are so many repeat bundle deals on their site. I was really hoping it wouldn't be Deadly 30.. oh well.[/QUOTE]

I guess Sunghost doesn't like it; any other opinions on Deadly 30?

[quote name='warreni']I guess Sunghost doesn't like it; any other opinions on Deadly 30?[/QUOTE]

It's not that I don't like it (I haven't even played it), it's just been in a bundle before which is how I got it. I was disappointed because of that. BTW, it was 49 cents in the Indie Gala store yesterday if you had gala points, however that offer's now expired.

I just bought deadly 30 and created an account. The profile pic they gave me is the same one i use for origin. The problem with that is its for BF3 and it was one I uploaded to my profile. What is the deal with that?

It's about time that somebody made a game featuring Zombies. And making that the title of the game was an inspired touch.

bread's done
Back