IndieGameStand Pay-What-You-Want Game Thread

seamoss

CAGiversary!
Feedback
166 (100%)
Current game on sale at the Indie Game Stand:

Steel Storm: Complete Edition

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sduihwqilPc

BTA: Steel Storm: Forgotten Prison DLC (?)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVtdbzZwB2U

Available for Windows & Linux.

Minimum is $0.25, while $1.00 or more will get you a Desura key, plus a Steam key if it gets greenlit.

Beat the current average for bonus content.

10% of the proceeds will be donated to charity.

Find out if this game has been previously bundled.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm loving the soundtrack of Zombies. I would get Zombies if the whole soundtrack was included in BTA. Else I guess I might just have to dish out the $4 for it. That said, can anyone list the 10 selected soundtracks included for BTA?

Songs are:

bignic - bladerunner
bignic - bookofdays
bignic - laluna (djmix)
bignic -purpose
bignic - scent
bignic - scream
bignic - sorry
bignic - tetrapod
Plosive - SlowSlide (bignic remix)
Sufista - innerBattles (bignic remix)

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Songs are:

bignic - bladerunner
bignic - bookofdays
bignic - laluna (djmix)
bignic -purpose
bignic - scent
bignic - scream
bignic - sorry
bignic - tetrapod
Plosive - SlowSlide (bignic remix)
Sufista - innerBattles (bignic remix)[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the song list!

I would have been sold if the Modern and Sweet soundtracks were included in there with Tetrapod. I will hold off for now in hopes the entire soundtrack will be included with the game sometime in the future.

Bought the game right away (the cheaper the better). It sounded interesting enough. I have a feeling that indiegamestand will continue to cut up bonuses like they did with the soundtrack. I suppose they haven't proven themselves enough at making money. Maybe they could start a tier structure? I may have paid extra for the full soundtrack.

[quote name='ocean almighty']Bought the game right away (the cheaper the better). It sounded interesting enough. I have a feeling that indiegamestand will continue to cut up bonuses like they did with the soundtrack. I suppose they haven't proven themselves enough at making money. Maybe they could start a tier structure? I may have paid extra for the full soundtrack.[/QUOTE]

I doubt it's the Indie Game Stand's decision given that they've had full soundtracks before.
It's much more likely to be the developer's since he's selling his full albums on Bandcamp
and he seems pretty serious about his music (although there's quite a few free tracks on
there).

[quote name='seamoss']I doubt it's the Indie Game Stand's decision given that they've had full soundtracks before.
It's much more likely to be the developer's since he's selling his full albums on Bandcamp
and he seems pretty serious about his music (although there's quite a few free tracks on
there).[/QUOTE]

I agree about the developer/artist being in control. That's why I said that IGS possibly hasn't proven themselves as moneymakers yet. I'm sure that developers are protective of their content. They don't want to give too much away for too little.

Hints from Twitter account for next game:

Hint 1: Space the final frontier
Hint 2: it is not on GOG
Hint 3: Customization is key

I'm guessing it will be Gratuitous Space Battles.

Edit: Oh, well. I tried.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know. I thought it was sort of fun.

I guess.

It's like an hour long, and kind of frustrating.

Wait.

I'm talking myself out of endorsing this.

Yeah.

I wanted it to be good.

It wasn't.

[quote name='inm8num2']Lol, I didn't realize this game had a bad rep. Almost pulled the trigger.[/QUOTE]

It's probably worth a dollar.

It is a really fun idea. Just not executed quite as well as it could have been.

[quote name='inm8num2']Lol, I didn't realize this game had a bad rep. Almost pulled the trigger.[/QUOTE]

You can check out what RPS thinks of it...

It was worth a dollar for me when I got it in the Serious Sam Indie Royale bundle (still haven't played first or second encounter from that). I had fun with it but didn't finish it. I will admit, part of the appeal for me was being finally able to give money to the Vlambeer, as I spent way too much time playing Radical Fishing.

[quote name='Necrotron']Somehow, I already have this game.[/QUOTE]

If it's featured on Indie Game Stand, there's like an 80% chance you already have it.

Looks like the new deal is Aztaka

Here is the steam store page: http://store.steampowered.com/app/37100/

This is actually the first game that I've been tempted to buy from Indie Game Stand.

EDIT: Well I thought I'd post this because it it hadn't been posted yet. But it looks like seamoss is on the case. I'll let him handle any further updates.

Actually, I have a question for anybody who might be able to answer. It concerns how the gifting thing works. If I gift it to myself at an email address other than the one tied to my IGS account, would I then be able to redeem the gift on my account if I wanted? Or even give the bundle (or sell it) to somebody else?

You might wonder why I'd want to do this. Well frankly, given IGS's track record thus far, most of the games featured have either been in a bundle previously, or they appear in one soon after being featured on IGS. If Aztaka appears in another bundle down the line, having my purchase in a giftable form would increase my flexibility to re-sell the game.

[quote name='The End']Actually, I have a question for anybody who might be able to answer. It concerns how the gifting thing works. If I gift it to myself at an email address other than the one tied to my IGS account, would I then be able to redeem the gift on my account if I wanted? Or even give the bundle (or sell it) to somebody else?[/QUOTE]

See here, esp. the 2nd link:

http://indiegamestand.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/117202-can-i-gift-a-game-to-a-friend-

http://indiegamestand.uservoice.com...-us-to-purchase-as-a-gift-without-having-the-

Thanks for that.

So basically, I only get a gift link if I buy the bundle twice for at least $1 each time? It sounds like if I went the route of buying for a different email address, only somebody at that address would be able to redeem the bundle (but only after creating an account at IGS).

Screw it. I'll just buy the bundle for myself and sell the steam/desura keys off if I want/need to later on.

Pay what you want sale with $1 minimum for a Steam key and it's selling for 99 cents on Steam, eh. Are you trying to cheat me out of a penny Seamoss?

[quote name='SqueeMK2']Pay what you want sale with $1 minimum for a Steam key and it's selling for 99 cents on Steam, eh. Are you trying to cheat me out of a penny Seamoss?[/QUOTE]

Don't forget the "bonus" from IGS - makes all the difference...

I skipped this one during the Because We May promo (for $1). Don't remember why. Picked it up this time (with another OST for my collection!).

I really enjoyed this. Its the kind of game that you want to sit really close to your monitor with big headphones. I just wish there were more to it.

[quote name='ocean almighty']I skipped this one during the Because We May promo (for $1). Don't remember why. Picked it up this time (with another OST for my collection!).[/QUOTE]
same here.

Twas in the Indie Royale "May Hurray Bundle".

Incidentally, the IndieGameStand page lists this game as being redeemable on Desura & Steam. I'm pretty sure that's a mistake because it's not yet available on steam.

Good heavens, Weird Worlds is coming to Steam? That's nice. I've actually got it from the "May Hurray" Indie Royale, but I'm tempted to snag it here for a dollar too just in case Indie Royale doesn't include a Steam key for it since I like the game and would prefer to have it on Steam.

From the Digital Eel site:

"We are in the process of making the full PC game available on Steam and other portals. Watch this space!"

As I said in the OP, it's a work in progress.

[quote name='seamoss']From the Digital Eel site:

"We are in the process of making the full PC game available on Steam and other portals. Watch this space!"

As I said in the OP, it's a work in progress.[/QUOTE]

My apologies. I didn't read the OP and I only skimmed the IGS site.

That's good news. I wonder if I'll end up with a key through Indie Royale?

[quote name='SqueeMK2']Good heavens, Weird Worlds is coming to Steam? That's nice. I've actually got it from the "May Hurray" Indie Royale, but I'm tempted to snag it here for a dollar too just in case Indie Royale doesn't include a Steam key for it since I like the game and would prefer to have it on Steam.[/QUOTE]
I'm just going to hope that Steam keys will be added for those of us who bought the IR bundle.

bread's done
Back