IndieGameStand Pay-What-You-Want Game Thread

seamoss

CAGiversary!
Feedback
166 (100%)
Current game on sale at the Indie Game Stand:

Steel Storm: Complete Edition

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sduihwqilPc

BTA: Steel Storm: Forgotten Prison DLC (?)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVtdbzZwB2U

Available for Windows & Linux.

Minimum is $0.25, while $1.00 or more will get you a Desura key, plus a Steam key if it gets greenlit.

Beat the current average for bonus content.

10% of the proceeds will be donated to charity.

Find out if this game has been previously bundled.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='KillingMachine']For me, Indie Game Stand has come in handy several times for picking up individual games from otherwise undesireable Indie Royale bundles I've passed on. Since there's a new game featured so often you're bound to see repeats from other bundles popping up, but sometimes that can work to your advantage.[/QUOTE]

I agree. I didn't want the Indie Royale Alpha Bundle, but I wanted Wyv and Keep, so I was glad it was featured on Indie Game Stand. However, they have far too many repeats.. the Hacker games have been free a couple times (GMG and Indie Gala), so it's kind of disappointing to see them on IGS.

But it is nice that you can count on IGS to have repeats for games you missed.

[quote name='walkonshadows']New games are FlatSpace I & II, was going to update OP, but not wiki'd, and only OP can change title.[/QUOTE]

Updated OP with new deal.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Picked this up. Looked stupid silly enough to entertain me for $1.40[/QUOTE]

I'm playing the Groupees version and it's not bad - though I really hate it that the character seems to slide a bit when you turn in a different direction. Starts off easy but don't be fooled - it gets quite a bit harder later on.

Updated OP for new deal: Alien Hallway

If anyone gets this, please post if Steam keys are provided for the bonus games as well.

Ah, I just bought Alien Hallway at the Galastore for 99 cents. Would've picked this up for the extra games had I known. Although I do agree, the game isn't very good; I tried playing it the other day and was unimpressed by the user interface, among other things. Needed more polish before being released on Steam.

wow. I was really close to purchasing Theseus somewhere, so probably in for this.

Edit:
Hmmm, I see Theseus isn't on Steam. Only reason I would buy since I have the rest. I guess I'll pass.

I liked Alien Shooter 2 a lot, and the first game to a lesser extent, but Alien Hallway just looks kinda lousy (and yes I'm aware it's a different genre.) It's been 99 cents before, on Galastore, but maybe I'll grab it this time just to check it out for myself.

Also, if you like the Shooter series at all, be sure to vote yes for I Am Weapon on Greenlight.

My first glance when someone says Alien Hallway always is that it's a pejorative for some current gen game and then I realize there actually is a game with that name.

Updated OP with new deal: Cognition: Episode 1

I'm personally looking forward to playing this adventure game. Here's a review:

http://www.adventuregamers.com/articles/view/23196

Also, I'm surprised to see this thread has been voted two stars. I realize it's a bit niche, but I try to
be diligent and update it regularly (every four days in fact! ;)) but maybe it's not worth my time...

[quote name='seamoss']Updated OP with new deal: Cognition: Episode 1

I'm personally looking forward to playing this adventure game. Here's a review:

http://www.adventuregamers.com/articles/view/23196

Also, I'm surprised to see this thread has been voted two stars. I realize it's a bit niche, but I try to
be diligent and update it regularly (every four days in fact! ;)) but maybe it's not worth my time...[/QUOTE]

Don't mind that, I think sometimes only the trolls vote. I just upvoted so it's up to three!

Thanks OP, just tried to buy it through PayPal and got this message right after clicking confirm:

We are sorry, we are experiencing temporary difficulties. Please try again later. If this error occurred while making a payment, avoid duplicate payments by checking your Account Overview before resending a payment.
For some browsers, this problem can be resolved by clearing or deleting cookies.

Message 4001

Edit: Oh wow, they are having problems, all my account history is blank. Nothing I go to will show me any info. Well, no confirm email, to Amazon payments it is.

I had an issue as well, paid with paypal and got a confirmation email that the payment went through but the game was not listed in my games list. I sent a support ticket so hopefully they will get it resolved.

I also upvoted. This thread is the only way I remember to check that site!

Cognition was something I wanted to try for a while now so I beat the average using Paypal and it's not showing up yet on my game list like a few of the previous posts mention. Hopefully it will show up tomorrow otherwise I guess I will send them a message to see what is going on.

[quote name='walkonshadows']Thanks OP, just tried to buy it through PayPal and got this message right after clicking confirm:

We are sorry, we are experiencing temporary difficulties. Please try again later. If this error occurred while making a payment, avoid duplicate payments by checking your Account Overview before resending a payment.
For some browsers, this problem can be resolved by clearing or deleting cookies.

Message 4001

Edit: Oh wow, they are having problems, all my account history is blank. Nothing I go to will show me any info. Well, no confirm email, to Amazon payments it is.[/QUOTE]

I think that it's Paypal that is having problems. I tried to order something from Steam with Paypal and it didn't go through either.

Well, I got my paypal receipt. But the confirmation never bounce back to IGS and the game is not in my account. Not sure who to blame for that. Likely Paypal is not giving IGS the confirmation of payment I think.

Apparently the issue with some people not getting the game showing up in their account is specific to Paypal. If you haven't bought yet and can pay with another source that is probably best for the time being. If you did already buy it with Paypal then put a request into support but keep checking back because some people are having it show up after several hours.

https://indiegamestand.com/forum/vi...sid=2ecf9cc3bb4b232538d4772156feb9bf&start=20
[quote name='mgnade']
Quick update on the problems - THEY ARE ALL PAYPAL related - Apparently their IPN isn't reporting transactions back to us in a timely fashion. Keep opening tickets if you have problems, but there have been some folks that got their games after a few hours of waiting so be sure to check your account/wallet before opening a ticket. Worst thing about this problem is that our stats are severely under-reporting the sale.

Why is this happening when Paypal has been working for months and we didn't change any code? Who knows!
[/quote]

Support was very quick and helpful, but thankfully my game and email finally came like 4 minutes after support emailed me. I know this happened to me once when I was hosting an IG group buy and it was a total pain. Paypal was not sending me any emails or confirming any payments.

Bought two copies on Amazon because one didn't go through and I took a nap and forgot what I was doing. Had to go to support to solve the issue and they gave me two keys so whatever. Normally I'd go dump elsewhere but you guys are the only ones who would appreciate this.

So, quiz time. Let's make this one simple.

Replace the ? in the link below with the first letter of Alma's last name to claim your bounty.

https://indiegamestand.com/activateKey.php?key=IGS-XCQSO-94ZXI-?ZVYP

[quote name='RollingSkull']Bought two copies on Amazon because one didn't go through and I took a nap and forgot what I was doing. Had to go to support to solve the issue and they gave me two keys so whatever. Normally I'd go dump elsewhere but you guys are the only ones who would appreciate this.

So, quiz time. Let's make this one simple.

Replace the ? in the link below with the first letter of Alma's last name to claim your bounty.

https://indiegamestand.com/activateKey.php?key=IGS-XCQSO-94ZXI-?ZVYP[/QUOTE]

I managed to grab that. Thanks.

I had no idea what the answer was, so I just decided to guess. It was the first letter that I tried. lol

Thanks again.

[quote name='The End']I managed to grab that. Thanks.

I had no idea what the answer was, so I just decided to guess. It was the first letter that I tried. lol

Thanks again.[/QUOTE]

I had no idea either, so went with Google. It was obviously the slower choice.

[quote name='The End']I managed to grab that. Thanks.

Thanks again.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='gilby']I had no idea either, so went with Google. It was obviously the slower choice.[/QUOTE]

Philistines. http://fear.wikia.com/wiki/Alma_Wade

bread's done
Back