IndieGameStand Pay-What-You-Want Game Thread

seamoss

CAGiversary!
Feedback
166 (100%)
Current game on sale at the Indie Game Stand:

Steel Storm: Complete Edition

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sduihwqilPc

BTA: Steel Storm: Forgotten Prison DLC (?)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVtdbzZwB2U

Available for Windows & Linux.

Minimum is $0.25, while $1.00 or more will get you a Desura key, plus a Steam key if it gets greenlit.

Beat the current average for bonus content.

10% of the proceeds will be donated to charity.

Find out if this game has been previously bundled.

Last edited by a moderator:
FWIW The developer of Bridge-It recently told me when I asked for a Desura key for having been a purchaser of that Facekick bundle that he never got a cent of his promised revenue from that Facekick bundle and as far as he knew neither did any of the other developers in it. I felt bad for him and kind of dirty for having bought that bundle but I didn't know what a complete and utter douchebag that guy putting Facekick on was at the time.

[quote name='Motoki']FWIW The developer of Bridge-It recently told me when I asked for a Desura key for having been a purchaser of that Facekick bundle that he never got a cent of his promised revenue from that Facekick bundle and as far as he knew neither did any of the other developers in it. I felt bad for him.[/QUOTE]

Yikes. Glad I never actually supported Facekick then.

[quote name='Motoki']FWIW The developer of Bridge-It recently told me when I asked for a Desura key for having been a purchaser of that Facekick bundle that he never got a cent of his promised revenue from that Facekick bundle and as far as he knew neither did any of the other developers in it. I felt bad for him and kind of dirty for having bought that bundle but I didn't know what a complete and utter douchebag that guy putting Facekick on was at the time.[/QUOTE]
Oh, wow.... :hot:

[quote name='Motoki']FWIW The developer of Bridge-It recently told me when I asked for a Desura key for having been a purchaser of that Facekick bundle that he never got a cent of his promised revenue from that Facekick bundle and as far as he knew neither did any of the other developers in it. I felt bad for him and kind of dirty for having bought that bundle but I didn't know what a complete and utter douchebag that guy putting Facekick on was at the time.[/QUOTE]

I tried to warn you ;)

[quote name='Drabelincoln']I tried to warn you ;)[/QUOTE]

I know. You were right, I was wrong. :oops: I mean I already knew the guy was kind of an ass but I honestly didn't think he would resort to swindling indie developers.

Oh and I just noticed they don't give Desura keys on this offer. :( That kind of stinks.

[quote name='The End']It was in one of the GamersGate bundles from December. Week 3 I think.

EDIT: Yup, week 3 from the indiefort countdown bundles. http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=332695[/QUOTE]

Yes, I was sure I had this one from somewhere, but it might be worth a BTA to pick up the add-on. I just hope it doesn't get as ball-bustingly difficult as Bridge Constructor, which made me abandon a virtually lucrative career in virtual engineering . . . .

[quote name='Motoki']I know. You were right, I was wrong. :oops: I mean I already knew the guy was kind of an ass but I honestly didn't think he would resort to swindling indie developers.

Oh and I just noticed they don't give Desura keys on this offer. :( That kind of stinks.[/QUOTE]

I was wondering why there were no desura keys either. I'd have bought it if there were.

[quote name='Drabelincoln']I was wondering why there were no desura keys either. I'd have bought it if there were.[/QUOTE]

I asked at the IGS forum but I have a feeling the answer is no. You could always try asking the developer. That worked for me and who knows maybe if they know there's enough interest a Desura key might get added after the fact. IGS added Cognition Desura keys later, although in that case the game wasn't on Desura at the time of the IGS promo.

[quote name='warreni']Yes, I was sure I had this one from somewhere, but it might be worth a BTA to pick up the add-on. I just hope it doesn't get as ball-bustingly difficult as Bridge Constructor, which made me abandon a virtually lucrative career in virtual engineering . . . .[/QUOTE]

The add-on was a bonus in the Indiefort bundle. Check your game list for "Indiefort Countdown Bundle Bonus Content."

[quote name='gilby']The add-on was a bonus in the Indiefort bundle. Check your game list for "Indiefort Countdown Bundle Bonus Content."[/QUOTE]

Dang, that never occurred to me. I wish I'd seen your post before I ponied up my $2.08. Oh well.

Anybody want a cheap Bridge It and add-on activation key? ;)

Desura keys are live now. It is showing in my account.

https://indiegamestand.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=560#p2652
Hi

Developer of Bridge It here, I am working on uploading some Desura keys and if Bridge It gets Greenlit on Steam then Steam keys will be provided as well! Please help us Greenlight Bridge It:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=109414835

Llet me know if there are any other questions.

Also the Bridge It registration is not a online activation, it is just a keycode and no internet connection is required.

Thanks for your support everyone!

Josiah

https://indiegamestand.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=560#p2656
Hi,

I just added Desura keys! If anyone has any problems please let me know.

Thanks!

Josiah

[quote name='gilby']The add-on was a bonus in the Indiefort bundle. Check your game list for "Indiefort Countdown Bundle Bonus Content."[/QUOTE]

Thanks for pointing that out. I would have missed that because I did a ctrl+f for "bridge it", and all that showed up was the main game. Would have never thought to check the bonus content bundle.

I think I'm gonna go in for a buck for the Desura key (and potential steam key, because I don't trust GamersGate to get me one). But obviously there's little incentive for me to BTA on this.

EDIT: Oh and thanks to Motoki for inquiring about the desura keys for us.

[quote name='The End']
EDIT: Oh and thanks to Motoki for inquiring about the desura keys for us.[/QUOTE]

:lol: You know me. Everyone has their own thing and one of mine here is apparently 'Hey where's the Desura keys?'

[quote name='The End']Thanks for pointing that out. I would have missed that because I did a ctrl+f for "bridge it", and all that showed up was the main game. Would have never thought to check the bonus content bundle.[/quote]

Yeah. Except for Steam keys for Achron, everything promised for that bundle did get delivered. Some of it took a number of reminders, as confusion seemed to rule the day, but it all arrived. It's also about as haphazardly organized as anything I've seen. Some extras are under the base games. Some are under the base section of bundle, some are in the game list under a bundle bonuses heading, and some are linked in a game list item under that last heading. I couldn't possibly have made it any more confusing if I had set out to do so deliberately.

I think I'm gonna go in for a buck for the Desura key (and potential steam key, because I don't trust GamersGate to get me one). But obviously there's little incentive for me to BTA on this.

If the devs provide them Gamersgate will get them to us. Eventually. It may take an email or two for them to get it successfully into our game lists as they stumble about, but it will happen.

I'm out because of the donation to Equality Now. And I am not looking for a debate and am grateful that we live in a pluralistic society, I just prefer the humble bundles that let you choose how much, if any, of your money goes to a charity.

A quick read on Equality Now will show that while much of the work they do is considered universally good, they have also done much to make abortion more accessible, which many believe destroys the very lives they claim to be advocating for and is not universally considered good. Just an FYI for you if you view this issue as morally questionable.

[quote name='fusguy']I'm out because of the donation to Equality Now. And I am not looking for a debate and am grateful that we live in a pluralistic society, I just prefer the humble bundles that let you choose how much, if any, of your money goes to a charity.

A quick read on Equality Now will show that while much of the work they do is considered universally good, they have also done much to make abortion more accessible, which many believe destroys the very lives they claim to be advocating for and is not universally considered good. Just an FYI for you if you view this issue as morally questionable.[/QUOTE]

Or stop worrying what other people do with their bodies/lives and play a stupid build bridging game.

[quote name='fusguy']I'm out because of the donation to Equality Now. And I am not looking for a debate and am grateful that we live in a pluralistic society, I just prefer the humble bundles that let you choose how much, if any, of your money goes to a charity.

A quick read on Equality Now will show that while much of the work they do is considered universally good, they have also done much to make abortion more accessible, which many believe destroys the very lives they claim to be advocating for and is not universally considered good. Just an FYI for you if you view this issue as morally questionable.[/QUOTE]

I wasn't going to buy this game since I have no interest in it and will never play it, but after finding out about Equality Now from your post, I bought it anyway in order to support this charity - thanks!

Oh well for religious types then I suggest Bundlestars which includes the Adam's Venture games where you can learn about Christian Values and are approved by Christiangaming.com.

[quote name='fusguy']

Equality?

Yeah, I guess I can see why a bigoted fuckhat might see that as questionable.

[quote name='seamoss']I wasn't going to buy this game since I have no interest in it and will never play it, but after finding out about Equality Now from your post, I bought it anyway in order to support this charity - thanks![/QUOTE]

I did the exact same. :D

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Or stop worrying what other people do with their bodies/lives and play a stupid build bridging game.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='seamoss']I wasn't going to buy this game since I have no interest in it and will never play it, but after finding out about Equality Now from your post, I bought it anyway in order to support this charity - thanks![/QUOTE]

[quote name='Honeybaked Ham']I did the exact same. :D[/QUOTE]

And now I'm glad I ended up with two by mistake! :D

Thanks for letting me know about Bundle Stars. I had no idea that a game like Adam's Venture even existed. Glad to support the developers.

Also, it is good to know about Equality Now. I was not even paying attention to the charity that IndieGameStand was promoting/supporting.

And Edit:

Good thing I checked Desura - Already have it! Probably by some bundle!

Groupees Build a Greenlight it was so if you missed it, now is your chance to get it.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']And Edit:

Good thing I checked Desura - Already have it! Probably by some bundle!

Groupees Build a Greenlight it was so if you missed it, now is your chance to get it.[/QUOTE]

Yup, it got me... Luckily (according to their FAQ), they don't mind issuing refunds.

[quote name='Severose']Yup, it got me... Luckily (according to their FAQ), they don't mind issuing refunds.[/QUOTE]

It's almost gotten me multiple times. Usually spoderman is around to post what bundle it's in though I should make checking myself a habit.

That said, I have still somehow ended up with three copies of Zombies

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Or stop worrying what other people do with their bodies/lives and play a stupid build bridging game.[/QUOTE]

I think he/she is worried less about what other people do with their bodies as what they do with his/her money.

Letting purchasers decide how much of their purchase becomes a non-tax-exempt donation or goes straight to the dev (a la Humble Bundle) is just a good business decision, whatever a prospective buyer's reasoning may be (ideological differences, poor charitable efficiency, pure misanthropy).

Choice is good.

(also...snagged the bundle for Recruits & Super Tower Crate Jump Pew)

Last edited by a moderator:
For what it's worth, I contacted support for a refund on Soldiers since I already had it and they just asked me to confirm that I didn't look at the key as well as to provide my payment method and transaction ID.

Their support is seriously the fastest I've ever seen (might be because they don't have many tickets), but the turnaround (that is, total ticket resolution time) on tickets is measured in a matter of hours.

About 5 messages were sent back and forth (I was commending them on their response times). They took 5 hours to get to the ticket, the longest response time was ~4 hours (and this was because their support starts emailing at ~5:00am PST), and the shortest being 24 minutes. Pretty damn good in my book.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Yeah, good deal if you missed it on IR.[/QUOTE]

You mean Humble Bundle, not IR ;)

The only difference is you get a GOG key from IGS, in addition to the Steam/Desura keys. The only benefit to having it on GOG vs. Humble Bundle is the artwork/avatars/wallpapers.. which don't seem to be worth repurchasing it for.

Hmmm, this was in the Little Big Games Bundle on GGG, but I didn't buy it.

Card game it says, but it looks sort of neat so I will think about it.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Hmmm, this was in the Little Big Games Bundle on GGG, but I didn't buy it.[/QUOTE]
The "Little Big Bunch" bundle? I don't remember this being part of that bundle.

bread's done
Back