IndieGameStand Pay-What-You-Want Game Thread

seamoss

CAGiversary!
Feedback
166 (100%)
Current game on sale at the Indie Game Stand:

Steel Storm: Complete Edition

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sduihwqilPc

BTA: Steel Storm: Forgotten Prison DLC (?)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVtdbzZwB2U

Available for Windows & Linux.

Minimum is $0.25, while $1.00 or more will get you a Desura key, plus a Steam key if it gets greenlit.

Beat the current average for bonus content.

10% of the proceeds will be donated to charity.

Find out if this game has been previously bundled.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll try any game that looks halfway decent for $1;)

Hmm, got flagged as highly dangerous by mcafee. I'm guessing that's because it's unknown, and that I didn't just buy a virus:hot:

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Just remember you have to pay at least $1 to get any desura, steam, etc.keys.

Yeah, that's the one.[/QUOTE]

$1?!?!?! That's just asking for credit card debt!!! :hot:

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Just remember you have to pay at least $1 to get any desura, steam, etc.keys.
[/QUOTE]

If the game ends up on any of those clients. Right now, it is not.

[quote name='gilby']If the game ends up on any of those clients. Right now, it is not.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, if it gets released, but I figure it's good to know for anyone thinking about going cheap.

Anyone ever play this game? Is it any fun?

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Yeah, if it gets released, but I figure it's good to know for anyone thinking about going cheap.

Anyone ever play this game? Is it any fun?[/QUOTE]

I played the first three levels. It's a cool idea, but the dificullty is pretty annoying. Easy is to easy, and normal is to hard. The presentation isn't the best I've seen either. It's not bad, and probably worth $1, but I'd have to play more to give a whole review

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']I played the first three levels. It's a cool idea, but the dificullty is pretty annoying. Easy is to easy, and normal is to hard. The presentation isn't the best I've seen either. It's not bad, and probably worth $1, but I'd have to play more to give a whole review[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the mini-review. I usually suck at these sort of things so maybe easy will be just right for me.

I bought the Trouble with Robots myself....I enjoy collecting cards in games....I mean that somehow made me play through Etherlords 2.....not a really great game...but yeah. Hope it's fun! Also have to say I did play CCGs in the past (Magic the Gathering in particular) so I like collecting cards....in games mainly....in real life too much of a money sink for me now.

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']I played the first three levels. It's a cool idea, but the dificullty is pretty annoying. Easy is to easy, and normal is to hard. The presentation isn't the best I've seen either. It's not bad, and probably worth $1, but I'd have to play more to give a whole review[/QUOTE]

I just played the demo on normal and I found it to be just the right difficulty. The key is to build your deck so that you end up with the right combo of enemy destruction (fireballs, lightning), units (I found the card that gave you three peasants and an archer elf to be very useful), and healing (centaurs cards give you a unit AND heal some of your guys). Use the fireballs and lightning early, get a lot of guys out there, and let them go at it.

The demo is 6 of the 32 total levels, and I went through it in about half an hour. Later levels might be longer, but at that rate, I'd go through the entire game in roughly three hours. Of course, for the price, that's not necessarily a bad thing. It was fun and seems to be a solid little casual game with a bit of deckbuilding and strategy involved. It's not very deep, but I enjoyed it.

Next deal might be Retro City Rampage. Seems to fit the most with all of the hints they've given out.

Hint 1: "I don't believe this game has ever been in a bundle before (def not HIB or IR)"

Hint 2: Someone on Twitter asked if the game is on this list, and IGS confirmed that it is: https://www.facebook.com/questions/553659004656480/

Hint 3: Retro flavored

Hint 4: GOG + Steam keys

List of games that are on GOG + Steam from the facebook page (next deal has to be one of these according to the hints):

Hotline Miami
Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams
FTL
Retro City Rampage
Capsized
Pid
Symphony

Updated OP for new deal: Pid

Looks good, I've been wanting it - although I'm sure it'll be bundled now that I bought it...

How long does it usually take for them to email you the download link?

[quote name='Blackout']How long does it usually take for them to email you the download link?[/QUOTE]

I got mine for TTWR immediately (or within 5 minutes at least)

Spoder got me all pumped up for RCR but Pids worth a buck for me. Will I ever play it? Probably not! :). One day my son will ask me about what happened to his college savings and I'll show him my Steam Library.

[quote name='Blackout']How long does it usually take for them to email you the download link?[/QUOTE]

You mean the IndieGameStand? They send you an email when you purchase something but there's no download link per se - you donwload the games from your IGS account under "My Games" (your "Game Wallet").

Been picking up most of Indie Game Stand's offerings, and it's nice to see a slightly larger profile game this time around.

If you payed Paypal, just click the 'go back to Indie Game Stand' button after paying, or just goto the site and click on your game wallet and download your game. It's near instant.

[quote name='seamoss']You mean the IndieGameStand? They send you an email when you purchase something but there's no download link per se - you donwload the games from your IGS account under "My Games" (your "Game Wallet").[/QUOTE]

Weird, Never made an account or used this site before, paid with Paypal, went back to the website and...nothing. I received the Paypal confirmation so I'm confused. Clicking on Game Wallet tells me to log in.

I got really excited when it was going to be RCR, but then Spoder reminded me RCR is free on PSN so Pid is not a bad replacement. Passing because the trailers make it seem like just another platformer and it might be in another bundle down the line, but not a bad deal especially for dual Steam/GOG keys.

Less than 24 hours in, and this is already the best selling game in IndieGameStand's history. Previous record was held by Gnomoria.

[quote name='Detruire']And they're out of GOG keys.[/QUOTE]

In the reddit thread their rep said they just uploaded more GOG keys - I think they were a little overwhelmed by sales

I suppose the lack of GOG keys is a promising sign; I'm glad Might & Delight's game is getting such a big reception. I always admired the GRiN crew for Bionic Commando: Rearmed, which is an excellent action game, and it's amazing to know that the development team is still making similar titles.

I'd love to see the team create a new action game, but Pid is certainly nothing to scoff at; I encourage CAG's to pick the game up.

Great deal on Pid. This is definitely Indie Game Stand's highest profile game yet. Hopefully this is a sign of things to come (especially since the game is selling pretty well on the site).

They've gotten more GoG keys. I got the message that they were out when I first bought it, but I have a code in my account now.

Bought! A word of warning, make sure you activate your GOG code. While activating mine, It warned me that the code expires April 6, 2014. Just a heads up for CAGs like me who sometimes forget to activate codes right away. (found a code from last year's indie royale that I had forgot to activate, so it does happen)

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Hmmm, no hints for the deal, that can only mean Magicka.[/QUOTE]

I hope it has something to do with the "I will survive" scam thats going on.

[quote name='Drabelincoln']I hope it has something to do with the "I will survive" scam thats going on.[/QUOTE]

ugghhh, yeah that awful scam. I heard a rumor Groupees might be extending the retro bundle for that scam. If the money goes to that I might just pass on it no matter what the game is. Unless it's a zombie game. Then I would buy it even if supported something awful.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']ugghhh, yeah that awful scam. I heard a rumor Groupees might be extending the retro bundle for that scam. If the money goes to that I might just pass on it no matter what the game is. Unless it's a zombie game. Then I would buy it even if supported something awful.[/QUOTE]

Well if its a zombie game I'd be in too....I hope my dollar, (barring steam or desura keys) buys him some D cups

[quote name='Drabelincoln']Well if its a zombie game I'd be in too....I hope my dollar, (barring steam or desura keys) buys him some D cups[/QUOTE]

Just tell him to make sure they run the implants through a metal detector before they shove them in, I don't want to have to pay for another surgery down the line when they find out the implants were full of lead and not silicone.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Just tell him to make sure they run the implants through a metal detector before they shove them in, I don't want to have to pay for another surgery down the line when they find out the implants were full of lead and not silicone.[/QUOTE]

Oh im sure they will, they only miss metal in your body during an x-ray the first 3 times.

bread's done
Back