IndieGameStand Pay-What-You-Want Game Thread

seamoss

CAGiversary!
Feedback
166 (100%)
Current game on sale at the Indie Game Stand:

Steel Storm: Complete Edition

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sduihwqilPc

BTA: Steel Storm: Forgotten Prison DLC (?)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVtdbzZwB2U

Available for Windows & Linux.

Minimum is $0.25, while $1.00 or more will get you a Desura key, plus a Steam key if it gets greenlit.

Beat the current average for bonus content.

10% of the proceeds will be donated to charity.

Find out if this game has been previously bundled.

Last edited by a moderator:
It was all I could think of when I saw it. It's King Arthur's World, a strategy game for the SNES that had Dolby Surround and Super NES Mouse support and yes I still have it. :)

... I was actually hoping it had something to do with it but I don't think it does.
I was thinking the same thing when I first saw the game. Now I have an urge to play King Arthur's World again.

Ok so I bought it just because it reminds me so much of King Arthur's World and now I can't seem to get it to do anything. I click play, then offline, then challenge or sandbox and then it says a few things and nothing ... just a cursor and three blinking dots ... and I can scroll around.

Ok so I bought it just because it reminds me so much of King Arthur's World and now I can't seem to get it to do anything. I click play, then offline, then challenge or sandbox and then it says a few things and nothing ... just a cursor and three blinking dots ... and I can scroll around.

GOTY right here ;)

Honestly I think I will wait and see how that bundle pans out. When a game has been in alpha for this long (2011 at least) I'm always a bit worried if the full release will ever come around *cough* Voxotron *cough*

That bundle looks good as far as games. I was looking at Odd Planet on Shinyloot. Seems like a neat platformer. Might wait for that, but not sure since the no keys aspect means DL only and who knows how long that site will be up.
Musicrage has been running for a while now. I checked one of my download pages from 10 months ago, and it's still live. I suppose they could change their policy for games, though. We'll see when it launches.

I'm happy to see them branch out into games. They only average about 100-200 bundles sold. This should give them added exposure.

New game is Soulcaster 2 has been in 2 Indie Royale bundles('The Valentine's Bundle' and 'The Replay Bundle Vol. 1')

BTA: soulcaster 1, escape goat + some music(soundtrack, remix...)

Updated OP for new deal: Soulcaster II, with Soulcaster & Escape Goat as BTA bonuses.

I loved Escape Goat, and the Soulcaster games are very good. Good deal if you don't have them, especially if the BTA goes down a bit.

Soulcaster II is up.

I tried the demo on xbox live and was instantly sold.  The gameplay is very cool and unique (feels like an old-school RPG adventure tower defense) and the graphics and sound are incredibly charming.

BTA is Escape Goat, which I've heard good things about.  Looking forward to checking it out.

I keep trying the demo for Escape Goat every so often, and honestly I have no idea what people like so much about that game. This isn't a slight against it, I'm honestly really curious why people like it.

Care to share?

I keep trying the demo for Escape Goat every so often, and honestly I have no idea what people like so much about that game. This isn't a slight against it, I'm honestly really curious why people like it.

Care to share?
It's got great music, a truly original playable character, and well, it's tough but not impossibly tough.

If you haven't watched the first Soulcaster II video on the IGS game page you should.  It's pretty funny and I did not know that this was originally an xbox game.  Unless they were kidding.

I don't know what the goat game is, but Soulcaster I & II I have on the 360, and they are great fun. Really, if you're on the fence, just shell out a couple bucks and have several hours of fun.

Hmmm, finished game already on greenlight and sold through the humble store.  Good stuff.  Actually really interesting even if the gfx are a bit retro.  Only thing holding me back is it doesn't seem you can use your own music to play.  That would be great. 

Although it's not stated on the IGS page, I'm pretty sure that if you buy the game now, you'll get a Steam key if/when it is greenlit. However, I also assume you'll need to pay $1 or more at IGS (you can pay less and get the game DRM-free).

Although it's not stated on the IGS page, I'm pretty sure that if you buy the game now, you'll get a Steam key if/when it is greenlit. However, I also assume you'll need to pay $1 or more at IGS (you can pay less and get the game DRM-free).
It's on the "Buy Now!" page (right under the Heart "button") and is standard for IGS.

Pay at least $1 to be eligible to receive keys for this game (Steam, Desura, GOG) as they become available!

Ugh, I hate having to debate whether to drop $1 or $0.25 on a game when all I'm paying for is the possibility of a key. It looks like another fun tower defense game, but I don't know how much hope it has getting through greenlight (most people seem rather averse to voting for anything "2 mainstream"). Decisions decisions :whistle2:k

I don't even care about keys any more - I have so many unplayed games that I'm backlogged for years as it is. At this point, I just buy games to support developers & causes I like. I bought the previous IGS deal at the BTA level (the Soulcaster games & Escape Goat) even though I already owned them and finished half of them just to support the developer's effort of porting the games to Linux. In the case of Sentinel, it's indie, the concept looks interesting, and it supports Linux so I'll probably get it as well (and likely never play it).

Judging from the half-assed infinity symbol and racial undertones I'd say it's hopeless to even ask. Looks like you've already got it all figured out. ;)

Always as in s8nce you were born or since you read about a mexican version of dig dug?

Pushcat always seemed more like a Mexican version of Boulder Dash to me.

It's worth at least $0.25 for the DRM free copy if you don't have it. Or the full $1 for the Desura key if that matters to you.

Scorgasm is up.

I've had it for a while (got it in a previous bundle).  It's a fantastic twin stick shooter.  I really like the branching paths approach to the level progression.

Scorgasm is up.

I've had it for a while (got it in a previous bundle). It's a fantastic twin stick shooter. I really like the branching paths approach to the level progression.
I dig it too. It's very cut around the hedges though.

This is the most recent twin-stick from this dev, right?

Yes it is.

CAG mods are breeding. Or maybe this is some body-snatcher shit.
That's not fair...

CAG mods don't usually let people know via PM why their messages were deleted. :lol:

At least that's what it seems like from reading people's complaints.

I love a good Indie game, but every time I've bought one of these bundles I never play them. I don't play games on my computer much. So I'm going to try to resist the urge to buy it anyway, which is definitely present. LOL!

Any thought on Survivor Squad. Didn't get that Indie Gala bundle....don't get those very often....and this game looks kind of low quality.

Updated OP for new deal: DROD RPG: Tendry's Tale

I don't believe this game has been bundled before - no keys though.

Were they not in an Indie Gala bundle (Summer Time Dream maybe)?

A few of the other DROD games were in Summer Dream, but not the RPG: Tendry's Tales version.

Ah, ok. I can't tell them apart at all, but I knew I'd seen the name somewhere recent.

New deal is QuestRun

BTA bonus is Skies and QuestRun's OST. Both QuestRun & Skies come with a Desura key if you pay at least a buck.

It should be noted that QuestRun is still in Alpha. So you may want to take that into consideration when buying.

Hmm, this one looks interesting, but I'm gonna wait to check it out until after it leaves alpha. IGS is also generally my last resort with indie games, so I'm probably still safe waiting for a bundle ;)

bread's done
Back