IndieGameStand Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
New thread here.

Minimum is $0.25 and $1.00 or more will unlock a Steam key (when applicable). Beat the current average for bonus content.

How it works:
  • New game every 96 hours. Check back every 4 days for a brand new featured indie game.
  • Pay what you want. Every sale allows you to pick your own price and helps fund indie developers.
  • Support charity. A portion of the proceeds from each sale goes towards the charity of the game developer’s choice.
Past Deals
Currently on sale in the Game Store.
Blog

IndieGameStand on:
Twitter | Facebook | Google+ | Steam

Last edited by a moderator:
Ever since I started following this thread there hasn't been one IGS I'm interested it.  It's almost as if someone has brought all the excitement of GG sales over to IGS.

Ever since I started following this thread there hasn't been one IGS I'm interested it. It's almost as if someone has brought all the excitement of GG sales over to IGS.
I feel the same way, most of this stuff gets picked up by someone else. Every now and then they still get me, but not very often anymore. least it's usually always cheap to get a Steam Key if it comes out (a dollar or more).

Last IGS game I bought was Tower of Guns seemingly over a year ago.  Since then it's been a steady flow of garbage.

The Moon Silver was in a community Groupees bundles I think #2, so got it for a buck along with a lot of other "neat" things.
I feel like they should change the name of that game, everyone spells it wrong. Hell, I didn't know it was The Moon Sliver until earlier today..

The problem with paying $1 for one game, and Groupees is starting to move into this territory too, is that you know you will most likely be able to get it later for $1-$4 in a bundle with other games later.

Although the ultra cheap $1-$1.50 bundles we were getting there for a while do seem to be going away, not counting utter trash like that one curated by Bubbles.

I'm not so cheap as to not pay $1 for a decent looking game it's just that haven't had any decent looking games in the last several months.

I have no problem paying $1 for a game that actually looks interesting enough to want to play.  It's the ones that aren't that will likely only warrant a purchase if included in a bundle for $1 with other games.

I'm not sure if my video card could handle those graphics. So I'll have to pass.

These games sounded familiar... It turns out that Shin Samurai Jazz and Jump/Boxer were already in an IGS sale back in January! (Jump/Boxer was the BTA.)

I remember wanting the games but forgetting about them until after the sale ended. So this is a bonus.

And yes IGS told me via Twitter that we'll get keys for all games when greenlit.

Wait, do you actually get the full game or just access to the beta?  They were selling it for $10 via Kickstarter.  Quite the punch in the sack but if it's the full game I'm all over this for $1.

Edit: Guess it's the full game since it was in a Bundle Stars for $4 along with some crap.  Sweet.

I guess reddit shares your sentiment Mooby, except some there actually pledged the Kickstarter. :p

http://se.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/comments/2f25dr/indiegamestand_featured_deal_infinite_space_iii/ck581dd

Sylenall 8 hours ago
Sigh... and here I am as a kickstarter of this. Honestly you guys should just BTA for weird worlds 2, it's a great little lunch-break roguelike.
tastes_of_vanilla 4 hours ago
Likewise, and it's this type of behaviour that has stopped me backing anything. It's no more than a "HA HA fuck You" to the backers.
Digital Eel asked for $30K, got $36K.
jubilantpessimist 59 minutes ago
Also a backer, I now wish that I hadn't. This isn't the first sale on this title. Yes, I wanted to see the game get made, but I also didn't want it to go on sale for next to nothing almost immediately after backing it. While there may be a brief small influx of capital, this undermines the long-term value of a project - Especially one in alpha. Other Kickstarter projects have modeled their pricing schema appropriately. Backers for this and others projects will most likely not back this company again. It feels like the bakers have been cheated. As always, your mileage may vary.
Anyhow, I apparently didn't own the Weird Worlds game when I could have sworn I did so I guess I am beating the average.

*Edit: And I already owned Infinite Space

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ytCEuuW2_A

Oh well, at least I finally got Weird Worlds on Steam. :p

I already have weird worlds, but never played it. Someone here played it and can recommend infinity space?
Well, it's going to be a more polished/3D version of Weird Worlds so... try playing that first! It's easy to get into, the games are intended to be 5 to 15 minutes or so long depending on map size. It's a very fast pick-up-and-play roguelike.

Well, it's going to be a more polished/3D version of Weird Worlds so... try playing that first! It's easy to get into, the games are intended to be 5 to 15 minutes or so long depending on map size. It's a very fast pick-up-and-play roguelike.
Who are you and what have you done with Mooby!

I like the previous 2 games in this series. Excellent albeit old now games great for pick up and play. The first is given out free now I believe. I haven't played the newest so can't recommend that yet though.

Cubetractor is pretty cool. It's sort of like a tower defense puzzle game with a really nice art style and decent difficulty curve. I've only played an hour or so but it's definitely one I want to get back to. Would easily recommend it for $1.

Dustforce I wasn't so hot on. It has no native gamepad support, and trying to use a keyboard or map the controls to a gamepad felt really awkward to me, which for a super challenging platformer sort of makes it impossible to play. On the plus side the soundtrack is really awesome, though I don't know if that's even included.

Wut. This game is in the current Indie Royale debut bundle.
You know you have too many games when: You look at the game in IGS and say to yo' self: "Self, I gots ta git me dat game when it's in a bundle..." and it's already in a currently running bundle...that you already own.

#ZerothWorldProblems

For the most part many IGS sales have been repeated in bundles. I only get it when it's a game I really want or a genre I really like. It also is helpful that they have some of the fastest keys avaliable when stuff is Greenlit. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back