Infamous 2 - New City, New Villain - June 7, 2011 - Demo Out Now

Platted this a while ago.

If anyone wants a crazy easy time on Hard difficulty, make sure your first playthrough is Evil and your Hard playthrough is Good. The ice rockets make shit so easy, you can kill any normal guy in one hit with those rockets. Plus the R1 power when you reach max karma is much better for Good then Evil.

Nice twist at the end, gotta say.

OK finally beat this the other night on Good. Got about 50% trophies, but I missed the text at the end that explained about where you con continue your game to get the missed side quests or starting over to play as evil. Is is better doing what I can on my current save and then start over on evil and get the rest?

Also is there an ability you can purchase to help locate the dead drops? I got 100% of the shards but missing two DD. I thought the L3 click would show where the nearest one is but I can't find the missing ones.

do all the side missions while on your normal playthrough.

if you missed two dead drops, you just gotta find them. there is no "dead drop sense" like there is shard sense(unless the expanded shard sense picks them up from far away). you most likely missed 1 in the bayou where you started the game. the other one however i cant help you with.

if the next playthrough is going to be on hard- i'd back up your current save and go for 100% in the 2nd one. You'll want to have as much XP as possible, and as much access to energy as you can get.

I did a good/normal playthrough and maxed out everything and got 100%, then I did my evil/hard playthrough and was kind of bored of most side missions. I only did the 2 or 3 types that appealed to me. I had a good amount of skills by the end, but not everything, and i didn't have a lot of energy. It wasn't too hard though.

Like I mentioned before, the good powers are much more powerful and make your Hard playthrough much easier. One shot kills for most of the grunts.

If your next playthrough is on Hard, you're going to want to get all the shards in that playthrough. You get less EXP for stunts and things liek that on HARD, so you'll have less EXP overall. Getting all the shards should make up for that.

OK on a side note I started playing this again tonight and it prompted there was a new patch 1.07 I think?
However I have PlayStation Plus, and I have it set to Automatic download... So... wasn't it supposed to automatically download the patch overnight?

[quote name='Sinistar']OK on a side note I started playing this again tonight and it prompted there was a new patch 1.07 I think?
However I have PlayStation Plus, and I have it set to Automatic download... So... wasn't it supposed to automatically download the patch overnight?[/QUOTE]
It seems to be hit and miss for me. I have the auto update on yet I dont see it DL all patches or even turn on to synch trophies every night like it is supposed to. It works, but only intermittingly for me.

Yeah I tweeted @AskPlaystation about that issue but haven't heard anything back...

It's a bit hit or miss everywhere. A friend of mine doesn't get any of the auto-cloud saving or trophy update. Sony said it had something to do with the SKU of his PS3 and that it would be fixed in the next firmware update.

The auto-update function only works on games that have been played in the last 30-45 days though- so it's possible that you were just outside of the window when you started playing again.

[quote name='Sinistar']OK finally beat this the other night on Good. Got about 50% trophies, but I missed the text at the end that explained about where you con continue your game to get the missed side quests or starting over to play as evil. Is is better doing what I can on my current save and then start over on evil and get the rest?

Also is there an ability you can purchase to help locate the dead drops? I got 100% of the shards but missing two DD. I thought the L3 click would show where the nearest one is but I can't find the missing ones.[/QUOTE]

Dead drops are the birds right? Pressing the analog stick (forget which) will reveal them if you're in range. There's a map of them somewhere online to help you find them (there is one in the area you went through to get to New Marais you probably missed).

bread's done
Back