Infamous 2 - New City, New Villain - June 7, 2011 - Demo Out Now

This game has severe ai problems.. I've completed the first few missions and already at least three times the enmies either forget about me or don't acknowledge me at all

[quote name='Kilvas09']Anyone know whats going on with the alternative amp preorder bonus they added to all who preordered a couple months ago? My hero Edition came with a super voucher and my receipt only had a code for a new power. No sign of the sly cooper cane/samurai sword/caveman bat.

Did any of you get a code for this?[/QUOTE]

My super voucher gave me all that stuff you mentioned and the Reapervskin, Kessler skin, and old Cole skin. Just look under options and change the skin. 24K amp is also under skins.

Really enjoying this so far. I have about 60 blast shards (or whatever they are calling them now), and i've done all the side missions that they've offered me. I guess it's time to get back on task.

[quote name='SgtRamirez']Maybe I will try the loading inFamous 1 game and then seeing if I can import my save. I hate missing out on bonuses that I earned, even if they are petty. lol.[/QUOTE]

If having the GAME DATA (not just saves) from Infamous 1 is what it takes, then I think there are going to be a lot of players out there just as disappointed as I am.

I have my Trophies synced, I still have my four /saves,/ but I deleted the Game Data from Infamous 1 to free up room on my PS3.

So I'm out of luck?

[quote name='Gourd']If having the GAME DATA (not just saves) from Infamous 1 is what it takes, then I think there are going to be a lot of players out there just as disappointed as I am.

I have my Trophies synced, I still have my four /saves,/ but I deleted the Game Data from Infamous 1 to free up room on my PS3.

So I'm out of luck?[/QUOTE]
I haven't found a lot of solid information on this. It didn't work for me, and I got it to work by booting up my old copy and just making a new save file.

Is the PS3 you are playing on the same one that you beat infamous 1 with?

I didn't have to delete my install data and reinstall it or anything strange like that.

[quote name='nbballard']I haven't found a lot of solid information on this. It didn't work for me, and I got it to work by booting up my old copy and just making a new save file.

Is the PS3 you are playing on the same one that you beat infamous 1 with?

I didn't have to delete my install data and reinstall it or anything strange like that.[/QUOTE]

"Booting up my old copy an d making a new save file," is exactly what I cannot do, as I don't have the first game any more. And I have to point out that 'using your old copy of Infamous 1' seems to imply that you need the GAME DATA from the first game in supplement to the Trophies.

Damn there goes a couple of hours, game glitched on me after
transferring powers with Kuo
it displayed new powers I unlocked then the game just froze. I start it back up and all the powers I just gained were no longer unlocked but the mission in question was over with.

Is there a stats page in this game? I've tried everything (short of actually reading the instructions) and I can't find one. It's bothersome if there isn't because I'll never know how many blast shards I still need.

[quote name='Gourd']"Booting up my old copy an d making a new save file," is exactly what I cannot do, as I don't have the first game any more. And I have to point out that 'using your old copy of Infamous 1' seems to imply that you need the GAME DATA from the first game in supplement to the Trophies.[/QUOTE]

I don't have the game data on my PS3, and it worked just fine.

[quote name='ChibiJosh']Is there a stats page in this game? I've tried everything (short of actually reading the instructions) and I can't find one. It's bothersome if there isn't because I'll never know how many blast shards I still need. [/QUOTE]
The last power you unlock is supposed to aid in that. You could probably count your little electrical power nodes too and see how many you have since you get a new one everytime you meet the next goal.

[quote name='ChibiJosh']
I don't have the game data on my PS3, and it worked just fine.[/QUOTE]

Which was how it is supposed to work, yes. However that isn't working for me, and the only FIX anyone seems to be able to provide is: "Pop in your copy of Infamous 1"

I do, however, appreciate comments to the effect of "It's working for me," about as much as always. :D

At this point I'm just going to stop fussing with it.

[quote name='ChibiJosh']Is there a stats page in this game? I've tried everything (short of actually reading the instructions) and I can't find one. It's bothersome if there isn't because I'll never know how many blast shards I still need.[/QUOTE]

You can check the amount of blast shards you collected as well as other stats by selecting your save in-game at the saved games option. Just highlight it for a couple seconds then it should pop up.

Anybody have any comments on the quality of the statue from the Hero Edition?

[quote name='ChibiJosh']Is there a stats page in this game? I've tried everything (short of actually reading the instructions) and I can't find one. It's bothersome if there isn't because I'll never know how many blast shards I still need.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='knightsdwn']You can check the amount of blast shards you collected as well as other stats by selecting your save in-game at the saved games option. Just highlight it for a couple seconds then it should pop up.[/QUOTE]

that's the way the first game worked too.

[quote name='woodcan']Anybody have any comments on the quality of the statue from the Hero Edition?
[/QUOTE]

It seemed pretty nice and it's made of a pretty strong plastic- it felt like an action figure with no articulation. It comes in 2 pieces- Cole and a Base (rooftop). I really didn't study it too hard before throwing it on the shelf with my other CE stuff. I was trying to get it worked into the pile of stuff before my wife saw it and gave me dirty look for buying more crap. :)

[quote name='whoknows']Gotta say I don't love this game as much as I did the first. Not sure what it is.

[/QUOTE]

The game isn't fresh anymore, entire thing has a been there done that feel which isn't enough for me to knock the game down too much since I loved the first Infamous but it is definitely noticeable. I want to say but at least the story makes up for it but even that isn't all that interesting.

[quote name='coolsteel']The game isn't fresh anymore, entire thing has a been there done that feel[/QUOTE]
exact reason I didn't pick this up after playing the demo
and I loved the 1st inFAMOUS

Maybe I've missed this, but how long have people been spending to complete the game? Contemplating getting this tomorrow if Kmart actually has someone in the electronics section.

[quote name='nbballard']Haven't finished it but the reviews are saying 12-18 hours[/QUOTE]

Yeah that sounds about right. I finished the game while completing all of the side quests and collected all the blast cores at 14 hours and change.

I don't think I'll start up a hard evil run anytime soon. Unlike the first game, I feel a bit burned out. Seems the other's sentiments about how the "freshness" of the game wore off is a valid statement for me as well.

Did anyone pre-order the vanilla vesion of this from Best Buy and get the pre-order bonuses? I got no form of card in store, or within the package, and there is surprisingly little info. on this on the interwebs...

I did via bestbuy.com and they sent the code via email, you should call them ASAP about it since customer service is going to have no clue what you're talking about

I finished it this afternoon. I'm pretty sure I completed everything minus all the evil side things.

I do still need to play about 12 more UGC things for the trophy. I hope UGC isn't going to be the new forced online mode. I don't think I've played any UGC mission that I thought was particularly fun. Probably 9 out of the 13 or so I've played was just kill a crapton of dudes, nothing imaginative.

As for the ending,
I disliked it, but at the same time I thought it was necessary. I mostly dislike it because it seems to imply that the Infamous series is over. I think it was necessary because how the first game built the beast up, and now that he's destroyed, Cole's job is done. I would have probably liked to see another game before the beast showed up though.

to the people saying more of the same, most franchises are like that. if it changed too much, people would bitch that it isnt like the original. god of war, uncharted, ratchet and clank... all more of the same from their previous games.

Loved the game. Played through on good mode and enjoyed it. Took probably 8 to 10 hours without doing any side missions or going after shards. Now I still have another 3 or 4 hours on the remaining 50 side missions, plus blast shards plus evil mode. Definitely worth it. Unfortunately, I can't connect to PSN, so no UGC for me. But from what I've been hearing, it's not that great anyway. I expect that to change though. It's only been a few weeks. Give it a few months and I bet there will be some cool stuff out there.

[quote name='Gourd']Which was how it is supposed to work, yes. However that isn't working for me, and the only FIX anyone seems to be able to provide is: "Pop in your copy of Infamous 1"

I do, however, appreciate comments to the effect of "It's working for me," about as much as always. :D

At this point I'm just going to stop fussing with it.[/QUOTE]

That's odd, I thought it was confirmed to be based off of trophies? I had barely any playtime on my Infamous 1 evil save and only 2 evil trophies but it still gave me the start bonus for evil karma.

Anyway, I finished getting all the trophies today. Are there any good UGC missions out yet? I finished 25 of them to get the trophy but they were all crappy.

Is the Subway code for inFamous player skin the original Cole? I ask because I somehow have the Original Cole skin already, so I wouldn't need the skin anymore and I can them give it to somebody else.

Also, just because I still don't really understand why, I played through the beginning of inFamous and made a save file and then started inFamous 2 again and no bonuses. I do not have the original save file, but I did platinum the game, so I am wondering why it does not pop up for me.

[quote name='SgtRamirez']Is the Subway code for inFamous player skin the original Cole? I ask because I somehow have the Original Cole skin already, so I wouldn't need the skin anymore and I can them give it to somebody else.

Also, just because I still don't really understand why, I played through the beginning of inFamous and made a save file and then started inFamous 2 again and no bonuses. I do not have the original save file, but I did platinum the game, so I am wondering why it does not pop up for me.[/QUOTE]

Yeah the subway code is the original cole skin. I won one and redeemed it myself.

[quote name='ChibiJosh']
As for the ending,
I disliked it, but at the same time I thought it was necessary. I mostly dislike it because it seems to imply that the Infamous series is over. I think it was necessary because how the first game built the beast up, and now that he's destroyed, Cole's job is done. I would have probably liked to see another game before the beast showed up though.
[/QUOTE]

I saw Cole's death coming from the minute they explained what the RFI did at the beginning of the game , what I didn't expect was for him to take out every other conduit with him. I'm not really in love with that idea since it really does just close the door on that universe just when things were getting interesting. The Beast activated new conduits all along the East Coast so part 3 could have been with a new person with completely new powers in a new local.

[quote name='sunghost']Yeah the subway code is the original cole skin. I won one and redeemed it myself.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I guess it was included in the Super Voucher but not listed.

These minibosses (ravagers?) they have you fighting all the time are terrible. If they charge, you can get 1 hit in before they dig down. Sometimes they will dig down over and over again. At most, you can get 2 hits in, and he digs down right before you can hit him with a finisher. Bolts bounce off him and I just found that I can precision shot them, but it's expensive so then I have to run around looking for power.

Am I doing something wrong? I groan every time I see that I have to fight another one.

[quote name='pete5883']These minibosses (ravagers?) they have you fighting all the time are terrible. If they charge, you can get 1 hit in before they dig down. Sometimes they will dig down over and over again. At most, you can get 2 hits in, and he digs down right before you can hit him with a finisher. Bolts bounce off him and I just found that I can precision shot them, but it's expensive so then I have to run around looking for power.

Am I doing something wrong? I groan every time I see that I have to fight another one.[/QUOTE]

Grenades.

[quote name='knightsdwn']You can check the amount of blast shards you collected as well as other stats by selecting your save in-game at the saved games option. Just highlight it for a couple seconds then it should pop up.[/QUOTE]

Speaking of Shards, does the game stats page show the shards that you've collected in each part of the city?

in Infamous (1) I have one shard left to find and I can't find the damn thing and if they had the shards you collected sorted by area, it would have helped give me a hint as to where I needed to look for the last shard.

[quote name='Thomas96']Speaking of Shards, does the game stats page show the shards that you've collected in each part of the city?

in Infamous (1) I have one shard left to find and I can't find the damn thing and if they had the shards you collected sorted by area, it would have helped give me a hint as to where I needed to look for the last shard.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately it only shows the total of shards.

I do know that in Infamous 2 there is 198 shards in the first island but the shard skill you get when completing 60 side missions makes shard collecting a none issue.

[quote name='pete5883']Thought I tried it earlier and they didn't do any damage. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Make sure to chuck them in it's mouth. Just keep throwing them till you can just pummel 'em for the kill.

And I apologize for the multi-post. Editing stuff out on an iPad is a bitch.

[quote name='knightsdwn']Make sure to chuck them in it's mouth. Just keep throwing them till you can just pummel 'em for the kill.

And I apologize for the multi-post. Editing stuff out on an iPad is a bitch.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, tried it now and it made the fights a lot less painful. What about the bigger guys? I've been throwing cars when the mouth opens, but should I be using grenades on them too?

Quick question, I noticed I have tons of SKINS but it says if I change to any other then default it will

delete all my game save, what is the point of Skins if you can't use them???

[quote name='Thomas96']Speaking of Shards, does the game stats page show the shards that you've collected in each part of the city?

in Infamous (1) I have one shard left to find and I can't find the damn thing and if they had the shards you collected sorted by area, it would have helped give me a hint as to where I needed to look for the last shard.[/QUOTE]

I just this past week went and found the last 3 shards I had left. Try looking around the little peninsulas on the lower side of the lower island. That's where I found the ones I was missing that were out in the water off the map of land.

[quote name='Killagamer']Quick question, I noticed I have tons of SKINS but it says if I change to any other then default it will

delete all my game save, what is the point of Skins if you can't use them???[/QUOTE]

It says you will lose any unsaved data. That is what it said for mr before I changed to the Reaper skin.

[quote name='pete5883']Yeah, tried it now and it made the fights a lot less painful. What about the bigger guys? I've been throwing cars when the mouth opens, but should I be using grenades on them too?[/QUOTE]

You mean those big green tank looking things? Yeah, just keep chucking grenades at it's mouth and try not to get caught by it's tentacle. It'll try to do some sick hentai thing and bring you near death.

Throwing cars look awesome but sadly, they don't do much damage.

I was missing 3 when i finished it and googled something like "last 3 shards" and found the 3 i was missing. There is one on a post out in the water that is too far out for your map to see, and there are 2 more that are really really high off the ground and you can't ping them from the street.

Just beat it. Sucks that
the Beast's identity wasn't a surprise because someone was speculating about that in the thread for the first game, but the reveal was so bad that I feel like it wouldn't have had much impact anyway. Also very surprised at the ending, I really thought it was supposed to be a trilogy. I think the lightning bolt at the end probably means Cole will be back, though.

[quote name='pete5883']Just beat it. Sucks that
the Beast's identity wasn't a surprise because someone was speculating about that in the thread for the first game, but the reveal was so bad that I feel like it wouldn't have had much impact anyway. Also very surprised at the ending, I really thought it was supposed to be a trilogy. I think the lightning bolt at the end probably means Cole will be back, though.
[/QUOTE]

That's exactly what I thought. I was thinking no way is Cole gone...and then that last flash of lightning made me think that there was a possibility that he'd be back. Hmmm...

I really, really enjoyed this game. I finished the story as a hero and am going back to finish side missions and find the last 20 blast shards. I think I'm going to platinum this. Hopefully I'll just do my evil playthrough on hard and make it through it because those will be my only trophies left.

Anybody else notice how the graphics get REALLY pixelated at times? Some examples are your legs when wire grinding, the disco ball UGC mission and end of the "Stories of the Past" mission. Seems to be happening when there is any amount of action on the screen. This is the first game in which I've noticed the graphics taking HUGE hits in quality during action.

[quote name='knightsdwn']Unfortunately it only shows the total of shards.

I do know that in Infamous 2 there is 198 shards in the first island but the shard skill you get when completing 60 side missions makes shard collecting a none issue.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's great. I just recently finished the game evil side and noticed I only needed about 60 some odd shards left and decided to just go for it. I managed to get the rest that I needed in about 45 minutes.

Now the task remains to get those last 3 dead drops. :p

bread's done
Back