Infamous 2 - New City, New Villain - June 7, 2011 - Demo Out Now

[quote name='admiralvic']i think its not enabled since were missing a patch[/QUOTE]
Some people are claiming that they have imported it. Think they are lying or maybe it is because they have the game data on their console?

Wish I knew. Oh, well. I will simply play through.

[quote name='SgtRamirez']Some people are claiming that they have imported it. Think they are lying or maybe it is because they have the game data on their console?

Wish I knew. Oh, well. I will simply play through.[/QUOTE]

I tried and dont see it myself. I dont think I have my original game data though... either or I almost got every blast shard and mission completed x.x though the "secret ones" are pissing me off (so hard to find)

The user generated content is also unavailable until the servers come up also, I suppose. That is very likely why the codes from Subway and such don't work, I would guess. Although, the content is usually on the disc itself, huh? Hmm...

[quote name='SgtRamirez']The user generated content is also unavailable until the servers come up also, I suppose. That is very likely why the codes from Subway and such don't work, I would guess. Although, the content is usually on the disc itself, huh? Hmm...[/QUOTE]

The content is on the disc but according to @herplaystation they wont be valid till release (this could be to detour people who got it early... though this is an oxymoron for people like you and I) I expect to almost have the platinum come friday. I already have every collectable, mission done and power up done =P

Store's back up, along with an inFAMOUS 2 demo. Gonna play it, and if I like it enough gonna see if someone's willing to trade it for L.A. Noire. However with how "just okay" the first game was, I might be better off just trying to get cash for Noire. I definitely wanna play this game tho, so don't finger me a hater.

[quote name='whoknows']There's a cool trailer in the demo.

Anyone know where I can download that trailer from?[/QUOTE]

It was released a while ago, so it's somewhere.

I don't know if its just me but the demo just felt so so similar to inFAMOUS 1. Like, everythings only SLIGHTLY changed.

Pea shooter doesn't seem to do as much damage. The static hover got better.

It seems like a good game, and I loved inFAMOUS 1 but i'm not loving this as much as I wanted to.

[quote name='Microshock']It was released a while ago, so it's somewhere.

I don't know if its just me but the demo just felt so so similar to inFAMOUS 1. Like, everythings only SLIGHTLY changed.

Pea shooter doesn't seem to do as much damage. The static hover got better.

It seems like a good game, and I loved inFAMOUS 1 but i'm not loving this as much as I wanted to.[/QUOTE]

Thats the game in a nut shell =\ they fixed some things but it mirrored 1 in many ways even the story had similar elements which mirrored the first =\

I really don't like that there's now big monsters and bugs and all this other stupid stuff. I hate that. It felt like there was just a tiny bit of that in the first but now it's everywhere in the 2nd.

There were some big bosses in the first one- remember the bridge fight? And the giant electro static guys you fought from the back of the truck?

Just played through the demo. Definitely brought back some memories. I liked it quite a bit. A lot like the first with some new levels of polish. Does anyone know (without spoiling too much), are the monsters story related/explain? The bad guys in Infamous were cool because they were a lot like you and got their powers like you. Now we have big weird critters... which is fine as long as it is a plot point and not just the way it is.... if that makes sense.

Will definitely be grabbing it at some point. Probably not day 1 and I need to work on my backlog first. But still, looking forward to it.

[quote name='Saint Noir']Just played through the demo. Definitely brought back some memories. I liked it quite a bit. A lot like the first with some new levels of polish. Does anyone know (without spoiling too much), are the monsters story related/explain? The bad guys in Infamous were cool because they were a lot like you and got their powers like you. Now we have big weird critters... which is fine as long as it is a plot point and not just the way it is.... if that makes sense.

Will definitely be grabbing it at some point. Probably not day 1 and I need to work on my backlog first. But still, looking forward to it.[/QUOTE]

The monsters are related to someones power that deals with the story. There are special "Ice troops" who were forced to gain powers too

Damn. Cole moves way faster than he did in the original. Felt and looked like it'll be a much more polished game. This is the trailer that is played at the end of the demo.

To anyone who has played the game early have you unlocked the lightning Hook or Electrocution Grenade in game? Would like to know if theses pre-order bonuses are just early access powers or actually exculsive.

[quote name='Gamer4life88']To anyone who has played the game early have you unlocked the lightning Hook or Electrocution Grenade in game? Would like to know if theses pre-order bonuses are just early access powers or actually exculsive.[/QUOTE]

Neither are obtainable though normal playing... however you get a lot of items which are SIMILAR in nature. Like theres the tether which acts like the hook but works closer to spiderman and his web powers. You also have several grenades that act similar to that but are not lightning based.

any other questions?

[quote name='admiralvic']Neither are obtainable though normal playing... however you get a lot of items which are SIMILAR in nature. Like theres the tether which acts like the hook but works closer to spiderman and his web powers. You also have several grenades that act similar to that but are not lightning based.

any other questions?[/QUOTE]

Oh ok good to know, thanks for answering.

Wow. I wasn't planning to buy I2 on day 1, but after watching/reading some reviews and playing the demo, i hopped up and preordered it. Can't wait till tuesday!

UGC's are now live.

I was running around collecting blast cores until the game froze and prompted me to accept a EULA. Thought my PS3 kicked the bucket when that happened lol.

I only got to play 5 or so UGC missions that were created by Sucker Punch. Most of them were alright but I can definitely see the potential with some dedicated players toying around with it.

Also, there was this particular UGC that played like skeeball. Nice idea but it just didn't work at all.

I streamed the full game for like an hour today if any of you are interested. http://www.justin.tv/gamingogre

New Cole's voice sucks and the story doesn't make any fucking sense when it picks back up, but the game is still great just takes some getting used to. I like the new version of Dead Drops (which you can see in my streamed recording.)

EDIT: And yes, you can import your old save. Finishing as good gives you +1 good Karma / +1 evil Karma, and there's other goodies for trophies earned on the original. When you first load the game, it asks "import Infamous 1 Good save, import Infamous 1 Evil save, Start new game".

Guys I'm not sure if this is old news or not, but it looks like amazon added some preorder bonuses. When I ordered originally the bonus was the gold version of Cole's electric weapon. Now they are adding DLC codes which make up the super voucher from the hero edition. It includes the kessler skin, sly cane, caveman club, and samurai sword.

[quote name='xilly']I streamed the full game for like an hour today if any of you are interested. http://www.justin.tv/gamingogre

New Cole's voice sucks and the story doesn't make any fucking sense when it picks back up, but the game is still great just takes some getting used to. I like the new version of Dead Drops (which you can see in my streamed recording.)

EDIT: And yes, you can import your old save. Finishing as good gives you +1 good Karma / +1 evil Karma, and there's other goodies for trophies earned on the original. When you first load the game, it asks "import Infamous 1 Good save, import Infamous 1 Evil save, Start new game".[/QUOTE]

Do you still have the original inFamous save data on your PS3? I platinumed the game and had to switch PS3s, so I don't and I was never prompted to import anything.

[quote name='SgtRamirez']Do you still have the original inFamous save data on your PS3? I platinumed the game and had to switch PS3s, so I don't and I was never prompted to import anything.[/QUOTE]

Yep sure did.

I've switched PS3s since I got the platinum in Infamous, and wasn't able to import, even though the save files/trophies were still there. However, after I downloaded the first game and loaded it up once, the option to import appeared.

Finished the game with the good ending today. I don't understand people complaining about the story, it made sense to me and was actually better than I expected. Overall a really good game.

[quote name='KrebStar']I've switched PS3s since I got the platinum in Infamous, and wasn't able to import, even though the save files/trophies were still there. However, after I downloaded the first game and loaded it up once, the option to import appeared.

Finished the game with the good ending today. I don't understand people complaining about the story, it made sense to me and was actually better than I expected. Overall a really good game.[/QUOTE]
Not to spoil anything by giving you exact reasons (since im sure others would be mad). The story contradicts implied details... What I mean by implied details is that you have to ignore subtext which implied things existed or meant what they meant. A strong note of this would be kessler getting his powers and explaining he accelerated the rayspheres development. This implied that cole gained his power via the raysphere and a LOT of what happened also happened there. It also only fully makes sense if kessler was completely oblivious to the world around him.

I am sorry this sounds vague Y_Y but I dont want to spoil anyone by giving exact examples past stuff in 1.

[quote name='xilly']Yep sure did.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I'm thinking that you need the save data. I am pretty sure the same thing was necessary for Uncharted 2.

Thanks.

Played a few hours of the full game today. I liked that the gameplay was very similar to the first. I got the platinum trophy on the first game 3 times, so as you can see, I love the game. However, the new look and voice of Cole sucks balls. The voice actor is actually really good and really close to the original, it just pisses me off that they changed it in the first place. (Also, did Zeke's voice actor change? I can't tell.) Overall, I like the game and it's similarities to the first. It's just going to take me a while to get used to the new look and voices.

I finally played the demo last night...agree that I wish we had the previous voice of Cole but...I'll live. Static Thrusters feel way more fun & fast!

I do find myself feeling a bit strange while I play because the voice actor changed and the voice doesn't seem to fit the Cole I remember. It is not as dramatic as them changing the voice of Nathan Drake or anything, since Cole was only in one game, but I do think it was a strange choice.

I finally played the demo. I loved the first game (platinum). This game looks bigger/faster/badder so its more of a good thing to me. The graphics seem much improved, but the camera and movement is super fast to me it seems.

Also, as I have said before, the new voice actor is definitely not an improvement over 1. I wish he was the same, but I am sure I will live. now to decide if I want to buy tomorrow or wait and kill some backlog.

I'm looking to pick up my Hero edition today from GS..its going to be a Father's Day present and I told the wife she can hold it until then, but she said she didn't care :D

I find it strange that the strategy guide isn't listed on BB.com (wanted to buy from there to use up PayPal balance) but Amazon has it for $13.59 w/ Prime, so I might go that route..

those of you who pre-ordered I2 on amazon, did you get a tracking number yet. My only option is to cancel my order and I ought to be getting it today, damn it.

[quote name='Bazylik']those of you who pre-ordered I2 on amazon, did you get a tracking number yet. My only option is to cancel my order and I ought to be getting it today, damn it.[/QUOTE]

I have a tracking number. Scheduled for delivery today.

Has anybody been able to redeem their pre-order bonus dlc yet? Every time i try my lightning hook dlc from gamestop i get a not valid message. This is what i get for switching my Amazon order...

Maybe I will try the loading inFamous 1 game and then seeing if I can import my save. I hate missing out on bonuses that I earned, even if they are petty. lol.

[quote name='SgtRamirez']Maybe I will try the loading inFamous 1 game and then seeing if I can import my save. I hate missing out on bonuses that I earned, even if they are petty. lol.[/QUOTE]

I was in the same situation and that got it working for me.

Anyone know whats going on with the alternative amp preorder bonus they added to all who preordered a couple months ago? My hero Edition came with a super voucher and my receipt only had a code for a new power. No sign of the sly cooper cane/samurai sword/caveman bat.

Did any of you get a code for this?

I was confused about it too, after scouring the internet for a while, i found this:

(If you Pre-Ordered Hero Edition)
1. Psn Store > Redeem> Input > Download
(You will see the the DLC for the Hero Edition)
2. Update> Beat the Tutorial > Land in New Marais
3. Press Start > Options> Select your DLC to use.
(Yes its all there) Just select what you want to use and press start to activate it

I assume the same is true for the regular edition of the game, just without putting in the DLC code for the super voucher. I'm about to try it out (mine is still updating), I'll post again when I can confirm it works.

Damn I finished Infamous 1 with the Hero ending but never got around to going back to Platinum it. Anybody know what the bonuses are from importing your save?

Still torn whether to try and find a Hero Edition at BestBuy or just stick to the regular edition and now this import news makes me want to wait and go back and finish my 2nd playthrough.

Ok I beat the "tutorial" and as soon as I landed, opened the menu. If you go to Options there's a "Skin" option and you can scroll through all the different weapons and skins. So yeah I'm confirming that what I posted above is accurate. :applause:

I didn't platinum my first game but I got damn close. When I chose to import for Infamous 2 it said something like

Hero Cole - Start game with 1 full bar of Hero morality.
Blast Shards - Start game with more available power.
Game complete - Start with more xp.

I assume more blast shards = more energy, but other than that I don't know if there are more bonuses.

What "import news" are you referring to?

Thanks for the update! By "import news" I was referring to the Infamous 1 game save import that I was completely unaware of until today. I might just go back and find my last 2 shards before playing Infamous 2 :D

Lol I thought you meant there was some crazy bonuses to getting an import version :lol:

Good luck finding the shards; scouring the world for every little one takes a while. D:

I like the idea of using the trophy data for this stuff- that way you don't have to hold on to the old save file.

Wouldn't work for something like Dragon Age or Mass Effect though.

Getting all the blast shards is a lot easier than in the first game. I had 302/305 shards by the time you get the skill that unlocks after 60 completed side quests which makes finding shards a breeze.

The last one was just a disaster because they placed 3 of them outside of the radius that the map would detect. Those 2 that were really high up on the map were the killer.

Anyway- I couldn't get my old trophy data to sync and I fixed it. All I did was boot up my old game, resave and quit. Fortunately i just got a new copy of it from the WB program.

bread's done
Back