Infamous 2 - New City, New Villain - June 7, 2011 - Demo Out Now

[quote name='lokizz']did any of you who got into the beta get an email from sony talking about how people were having trouble logging into the infamous 2 forum or something?[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I got that email and I think it included another beta code too.

There's nothing wrong with Cole's new voice, especially cause of how... to be nice let's just say "forgettable" his original voice actor was. It's like they pulled someone off the street just getting over a sore throat and told them to read a script.

[quote name='Buuhan1']There's nothing wrong with Cole's new voice, especially cause of how... to be nice let's just say "forgettable" his original voice actor was. It's like they pulled someone off the street just getting over a sore throat and told them to read a script.[/QUOTE]

I disagree :)

[quote name='wrencrest']I disagree :)[/QUOTE]

Same.

I liked the old voice actor. The new one is just terrible, I get the feeling he's really going to annoy me throughout the game. Should have kept the old one.

[quote name='Buuhan1']I didn't dislike the old voice actor, I'm just saying there was nothing there to praise.[/QUOTE]
You are right, I dont mean to praise him. But the new guy is different in the wrong way to me. I liked the old guy because he sounded like he didnt care and it kind of fit the character to me. Either way I cant wait to play this game after LA Noire.

[quote name='hle078']how do you get a beta invite?[/QUOTE]

they had an infamous 2 site where you could sign upt to get a beta code and then late sony sent out beta codes to a number of psn members.

[quote name='lokizz']they had an infamous 2 site where you could sign upt to get a beta code and then late sony sent out beta codes to a number of psn members.[/QUOTE]

ah thanks, looks like ill have to wait til release to play it then

[quote name='mwynn']Hero Edition super voucher gives you everything nice.[/QUOTE]

Then I am glad I won a Hero Edition from the Subway game!!! heh, sorry, I had to boast.

Is the mission creation built into the game?? I did not hear anything about that. Wow, that will be interesting. Did anybody actually get to try it due to the outage?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SgtRamirez']Then I am glad I won a Hero Edition from the Subway game!!! heh, sorry, I had to boast.

Is the mission creation built into the game?? I did not hear anything about that. Wow, that will be interesting. Did anybody actually get to try it due to the outage?[/QUOTE]

There are quite a few user generated missions so far. There are a few good ones to try out.

[quote name='mwynn']Got my code yesterday it went into my spam folder.[/QUOTE]

Just curious, what was the subject of the email? I was trying to see if mine went in spam but I didn't see it.

[quote name='Sinistar']Just curious, what was the subject of the email? I was trying to see if mine went in spam but I didn't see it.[/QUOTE]

This Beta Could Make You Famous

[quote name='SgtRamirez']I can't wait to just get the game in my hands. It has to be awesome, right??[/QUOTE]

i think itll be better than the first.

Picked up the first one at Best Buy when it was $10 a couple weekends ago. Gonna have to get it finished up before this one drops. Looks great.

I cant wait for this game. I loved the first and need some action after playing through LA Noire right now. Thanks for the post Frisky, that Cloverfield type video is pretty cool.

Anybody see a trophy list for this yet? I am hoping to be platinumed before the game hits it's release date. I should receive it next week from the Subway game, but Ihave yet to run across a trophy list. And the Hero Edition looks pretty cool. Better than many of the Collector's Editions by far.

[quote name='SgtRamirez']Anybody see a trophy list for this yet? I am hoping to be platinumed before the game hits it's release date. I should receive it next week from the Subway game, but Ihave yet to run across a trophy list. And the Hero Edition looks pretty cool. Better than many of the Collector's Editions by far.[/QUOTE]

http://www.ps3trophies.org/game/infamous-2/trophies/

I was able to play the demo in Best Buy today. Graphics are nicely improved and the tried and true gameplay that I enjoyed last time is still there.

Does the Hero Edition include access to the Subway DLC Side Missions? It includes the player skins and weapon skins DLC, so I'm hopeful it also will have the other stuff.

I liked Colin's review. I wish he would have gone more in depth on the "lackluster" melee combat. Was it not powerful enough? Did it not control well? Was it repetitive? Was it a useless tack on that doesn't add anything to the game?

This was always a day one purchase for me, even if the game got horrible reviews across the board (which judging by previews we all knew it wouldn't), but obviously I'm glad to see that this game will live up to the standards we expected.

Sounds exactly like what I expected. More of the same, with better graphics and a new story. Good enough for me as I loved the first.

Funny, he even mentions he missed the old voice actor too.

jacobeid - if the game is as similar to the first as the review states then the melee combat is probably the same as well. I would say he meant lackluster in that there is nothing special about it and I agree. The name of this game is pullin off stunts with cool electric powers (and now fire and ice as well).

im gonna get this later , not in a rush to play it, but im impressed that they made ti where your progress in infamous one will give you stuff in infamous 2. glad i platted the first game.

Rewards linked to inFamous' trophy data. I'm always happy when games give you a little something extra for playing previous titles in the series.
http://www.joystiq.com/2011/05/27/infamous-2-imports-your-infamous-trophy-data-to-grant-rewards-a/

Sucker Punch wants to reward its fans for being especially good ... or especially bad. IGN reports that InFamous 2 offers an option to import Trophy data from the original InFamous, which is then turned into starting bonuses in Cole McGrath's new adventure.

We've got a rundown of what your Trophies are worth in the sequel after the break -- starting XP bumps and the like -- but the most interesting bit of info is that having unlocked specific story-related Trophies will actually alter the dialog and side missions in InFamous 2. We'd tell you what they are, but then you'd have to kill us. And also, we don't know, because IGN didn't say.

Of course, you could also look at this feature as one big morality test: Will you be a goodie two shoes and choose not to import your data, or do it and effectively use a "cheat" right at the start of the game?

• Finished the game on any difficulty: 1,000 starting XP
  • Have obtained a Good or Evil Trophy: Start with level 1 good or bad karma
  • Have found 25 percent of the blast shards: Energy core (health bar segment)
  • Have found 50 percent of the blast shards: Two energy cores
  • Certain unspecified "decisions" also result in changes in side missions, Dead Drops and dialogue
I hope there are more rewards than just those. At least a little something for finishing the game on hard and finding 100% of the blast shards

I really want the Hero Edition for all the bonus DLC, but I have no interest in the statue or the bag. Anyone here ever have any luck buying a special edition and unloading the physical extras on eBay? Will people want these things if they're not with the whole package? I'm hoping this will offset the cost a bit. Paying MSRP is painful for me.

So I won the subway contest a month and a half ago and whats in my mailbox today.... inFAMOUS 2 woot! I am looking at it right now but I dont want to play it until I finish the first one. ;)

[quote name='jaredstorm']You're lying. Doesn't come out til 6/7.[/QUOTE]
He's not lying. Other Subway winners have also gotten the game. Not only that, but stores are breaking the street date and putting the game out already. Hell, some Target B&M stores are even selling it for $29.97 due to some online mix up.

[quote name='jaredstorm']You're lying. Doesn't come out til 6/7.[/QUOTE]

nope.
f3.jpg

[quote name='admiralvic']Just beat it (Evil) and wasnt a fan of the story =\[/QUOTE]
Surprised? First one wasn't that great either. Can't understand the hype around this one other than maybe nothing else to play.

^ Yea. I really think that's gotta be it. The first one had good controls (except the wall scaling)- but the characters were unlikable, the moral decisions seemed awkward and they didn't really impact the story at all.

That said, i played through it twice. lol. I think you are right though, there has been a bit of a drought, so i'm really excited about it.

I plan on playing through it first as a good guy, then as a bad guy. The bad guy powers are always much more enjoyable and on the 2nd play through i don't really care about the story so it being awkward that Cole is being a jerk for no apparent reason usually gets washed out when i skip the cutscene.

My only real problem with the first game was the lack of diversity of the enemies. It felt like I was just killing the same enemies over and over but re skinned which got boring.

So, how do you import the trophy data? I was never prompted at all. I thought maybe it would pop up after the prologue type part, but it never happened. Did I do something wrong?

Also, if I changed to hard difficulty after I beat the first set of goons that you meet after landing in New Marais, was I too late to get the trophy? Anybody know?

Thanks.

[quote name='SgtRamirez']So, how do you import the trophy data? I was never prompted at all. I thought maybe it would pop up after the prologue type part, but it never happened. Did I do something wrong?

Also, if I changed to hard difficulty after I beat the first set of goons that you meet after landing in New Marais, was I too late to get the trophy? Anybody know?

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

i think its not enabled since were missing a patch

bread's done
Back