inFAMOUS - Now Available - First Shipments include Uncharted 2 MP Beta

[quote name='Sarrasis']The arrow points to how close you are to reaching the next level of karma. Once it fills up, your title will change.[/QUOTE]
The arrow doesn't point to anything except your current karma rank. As soon as you get a karma rank it points to the middle of the new rank. The arrow never moves unless you change karma rank.

Also... I never experienced the "falling through building" glitch until my second playthrough, now I've experienced it several times. :lol:

There are definitely far more tedious undertakings than the shards in this game. At the very least you can use your "senses" to see when you are close to them. How many games do you have no choice but to use a map and mark them off as you go? I know I simply gave up on Crackdown.

343 shards and two more that i know where they are (fell through a platform in the water and decided to stop for the night)

THIS GAME IS HARD!!!

I'm stuck at the part where you have to destroy those hot air balloon things. I can't seem to jump on the last two ... those machine guns really do a number on me.

[quote name='chuckywang']THIS GAME IS HARD!!!

I'm stuck at the part where you have to destroy those hot air balloon things. I can't seem to jump on the last two ... those machine guns really do a number on me.[/QUOTE]

You can glide with the shield up, might help you. Mostly that bit is about waiting patiently for the thing to go near a tall enough building.

Or a building with a water tower. Take out the shield, user the tower for cover and take out the guns.

[quote name='chuckywang']THIS GAME IS HARD!!!

I'm stuck at the part where you have to destroy those hot air balloon things. I can't seem to jump on the last two ... those machine guns really do a number on me.[/QUOTE]
You can destroy the guns with a precision shot if the shield is down.

[quote name='naes']Is there any other way to get the Gigawatt Blades? I just bought the game from Newegg for $50.[/QUOTE]
I wouldn't worry about not having them. While they are one of the strongest powers you can get, you have to get in close to use them and they use a nice chunk of energy.

Gah, 348 shards, the last two are definitely not in the Neon after following Gamespot's guide around to all the empty spots.

Nice! I just got all the shards. I think they were easier to find than on Crackdown for 360. At least you can hit the L3 button to echo them out.

So... just beat the game on Hard (Evil) compared to Good (Medium). 1. The game feels EXACTLY the same on Hard (although the last boss was a tad harder) 2. I was totally bummed that the story was EXACTLY the same.
And when you get to become "super powerful" as evil, all it does it makes your lightning black and a bigger lightning bar... oh joy... not any stronger.

The game is totally awesome, although Evil vs Good does not matter at all. Although as Evil you get to experience the joys of crappy ass powers. Damn, those megawatt missles (whatever they are called) seem like they are doing a lot (the whole screen explodes basically) but they never seem to kill ANYTHING. Not being able to redirect is a big minus. Also, the evil grenades are TERRIBLE - the little shards that pop off do NO DAMAGE and the good grenades that have the ability to lock whoever it touches to the floor is an instant win.

The only thing good about Evil is being able to fight along side those reapers (those guys are so cool).

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']I wouldn't worry about not having them. While they are one of the strongest powers you can get, you have to get in close to use them and they use a nice chunk of energy.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I barely used them. It was a lot easier to just play this as a shooter. I rarely got close enough to melee, so the blades ended up being useless.

Game was good, wish the two story lines where not so linear with each other. Also would have been able to start the game over after you beat it with all your shards. The counter-surveilance missions where probably the worst missions and it would have been nice if the stronger you get, the faster you can run. It would have come in handy in the "Balloon" Missions where you where all over the place. I also hated all of the side characters as well. Wanted everyone to die in it and just did not make sense that you have these bad ass powers but subcome to some chick FBI agent. Cole is the most pussy whipped hero I have ever seen. Game was way above my expectations and it ran very fluid. Will buy the sequel in a heartbeat and hopefully there can be two real story lines and be able to get across the map faster (you can get around pretty fast, but it was annoying on the balloon mission"

Yea I agree, in this game I hated every single side character. John seemed like the only decent one until, "Hey cole...25 seconds" "Hi" "I'm going to eat a hamburger ...15 seconds". SHUT UP!!!!

Zeke is probably my least favorite character in a game. They try to make you sympathize with him, but I just friggen hated him. I wish you could just kill everyone.

BUT ABOUT THE GAME: I can't believe I'm doing this, but I'm looking for all the shards... I'm at 324 right now. I've gotten every trophy but: 100% Shards, Stunts, BioDrain, All Evil Powers (I have no idea how I am going to get 12k experience to buy that last skill... I finished the game and you only get like 20 xp per kill).

Is it hard to do all the stunts? I'm not looking forward to it.

[quote name='pete5883']I thought they were going to explain why John kept saying x seconds, but they never did. Did I miss it?[/QUOTE]

He says it during one of your first conversations with him. He's counting down the time he has to talk before the Feds can triangulate his position.

I hated all the side characters too, especially Trish. She was such a bitch!!! My first play through the game was evil so I was expecting that she might be better once I play as good Cole, but no, still a bitch.

I still enjoyed the game though.

Who else thinks that John, getting sucked into the vortex of the Ray Sphere, is the beast Kessler was talking about in the future?

[quote name='disillusion386']I hated all the side characters too, especially Trish. She was such a bitch!!! My first play through the game was evil so I was expecting that she might be better once I play as good Cole, but no, still a bitch.

I still enjoyed the game though.

Who else thinks that John, getting sucked into the vortex of the Ray Sphere, is the beast Kessler was talking about in the future?
[/QUOTE]

Does that happen during both the good and evil choices (use/destroy ray sphere)? I kinda thought that would only happen with the good playthough (which I did)

[quote name='BlueScrote']
Does that happen during both the good and evil choices (use/destroy ray sphere)? I kinda thought that would only happen with the good playthough (which I did)
[/QUOTE]
Yes

Do shards carry over? There was that side mission where you make the good choice and lose out on 5 shards. Don't know if I should keep gathering them on my Good character run through or if I will have to start over on Evil anyways to get those 5 shards.

So i need 5000 exp to get the last good power upgrade on my good save, and I'm 100% cleared on the territories, haha.

I guess I'm going to be doing a lot of unquenchable thirst-ing on the railroad

[quote name='fizzywix']So i need 5000 exp to get the last good power upgrade on my good save, and I'm 100% cleared on the territories, haha.

I guess I'm going to be doing a lot of unquenchable thirst-ing on the railroad[/QUOTE]

Just run around in the Warren to find that glowing Conduit that shits out those spider things. I did air strikes on those little things to bump the XP to 5 per kill. That's what I used when I had 100% on all territories with 3000XP to go for the last upgrade. It's going to take a long time no matter what.

For people who beat the game, can you tell me how far I am and how much is left? Just story missions, not side ones
Zeke just effed up at the jail and a bunch of cops died while keeping that old man in custody and I just got the phone call from Jon and I am going to meet him

Any one have any problems with freezing? I've been having some problems lately. I thought it was my room being warm but it happened this morning with my room being like 50 degrees (I left the window open overnight. Anyone?

[quote name='KongaKing']For people who beat the game, can you tell me how far I am and how much is left? Just story missions, not side ones
Zeke just effed up at the jail and a bunch of cops died while keeping that old man in custody and I just got the phone call from Jon and I am going to meet him
[/QUOTE]

There are 39 story missions.

[quote name='Doc Bacca']Any one have any problems with freezing? I've been having some problems lately. I thought it was my room being warm but it happened this morning with my room being like 50 degrees (I left the window open overnight. Anyone?[/QUOTE]

It never froze on me.

[quote name='ChibiJosh']There are 39 story missions.

It never froze on me.[/QUOTE]

Where do I find what mission number I am on? I just looked and it doesn't say anywhere how many I've done

[quote name='Doc Bacca']Any one have any problems with freezing? I've been having some problems lately. I thought it was my room being warm but it happened this morning with my room being like 50 degrees (I left the window open overnight. Anyone?[/QUOTE]

Game froze twice over the course of 2 playthroughs for me.

[quote name='KongaKing']Where do I find what mission number I am on? I just looked and it doesn't say anywhere how many I've done[/QUOTE]
The "Save/Load" system.

I absolutely could not find the last 2 blast shards in my first playthrough. Started over to do my hard difficulty evil game and i'm marking them off on the map as I find them.

[quote name='disillusion386']
[/QUOTE]
Now that you mention it, this is probably definitely going to be true. I can't believe I spoiled a game and it's unannounced sequel by coming in this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
[/QUOTE]

Well...

...I could definitely see John becoming some kind of arch-enemy in the next game, but I don't think he could be THE Beast Kessler talks about. They might even call him The Beast, but he's probably not the one Kessler was fleeing from. After all, this is now an altered timeline. Kessler comes from a future that will never happen.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Well...

...I could definitely see John becoming some kind of arch-enemy in the next game, but I don't think he could be THE Beast Kessler talks about. They might even call him The Beast, but he's probably not the one Kessler was fleeing from. After all, this is now an altered timeline. Kessler comes from a future that will never happen.
[/QUOTE]

...Or will it? There are plenty of time loop stories where everyone ends up back where they started.

[quote name='pete5883']
...Or will it? There are plenty of time loop stories where everyone ends up back where they started.
[/QUOTE]

Yeah I hate any form of time travel in fiction. It's always riddled with holes and inaccuracies when handled haphazardly. Maybe they'll pull a J.J. Abrams Star Trek altered time line that will end up similar to the original time line.

Yeah I hate any form of time travel in fiction. It's always riddled with holes and inaccuracies when handled haphazardly. Maybe they'll pull a J.J. Abrams Star Trek altered time line that will end up similar to the original time line.
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I hear ya. To me, time travel is fine, as long as you don't stretch it too far, and as you say, it becomes riddles with holes. I have no problem with what this game has established. You have Cole from the future come back and start a new timeline. Fine by me, as long as it doesn't get muddle from there and become a complete farce.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']
Yeah, I hear ya. To me, time travel is fine, as long as you don't stretch it too far, and as you say, it becomes riddles with holes. I have no problem with what this game has established. You have Cole from the future come back and start a new timeline. Fine by me, as long as it doesn't get muddle from there and become a complete farce.
[/QUOTE]

I agree with you. So far it's okay, and I have a lot of faith in Sucker Punch since they really delivered on this game. Well, minus the characters who were a little too unlikeable. But yeah, it's time for the long wait for the sequel.

On another note, I just picked up the Platinum trophy for this one!! Great game.

[quote name='menikmati']Woot, got all but one blast shard on the first island, going to call it a night and start the second island tomorrow.[/QUOTE]
Oh, are you able to see how many blast shards per island you have?

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Oh, are you able to see how many blast shards per island you have?[/QUOTE]

Not that I know of, I do know that there are a total 147 blast shards on Neon, so I just went from there. Then I'm planning to get all the blast shards on Warren before moving on further.

hello hai good very nee
8.gif

Anybody else beat the game on Hard and didn't get shit for it? Does it unlock after you beat the end boss or do you have to 100% the game? You're supposed to set it to hard before finishing the tutorial, right? I don't know if I can stand playing through this again. I'm one Evil power shy of that trophy with all districts in the green (ie: no fucking enemies in large enough groups to gain decent XP), takes too long to track down enemies to Bio Leech too.

Can you just use a downloaded save on Hard at the end boss and beat Kessler again? I'm so fucking pissed I put 10+ hours into another playthrough for nothing.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']Anybody else beat the game on Hard and didn't get shit for it? Does it unlock after you beat the end boss or do you have to 100% the game? You're supposed to set it to hard before finishing the tutorial, right? I don't know if I can stand playing through this again. I'm one Evil power shy of that trophy with all districts in the green (ie: no fucking enemies in large enough groups to gain decent XP), takes too long to track down enemies to Bio Leech too.[/QUOTE]

I had it on hard from the get-go; I started a game, switched to hard and then restarted so it was set to hard the whole time. Unlocked after the credits rolled, same time as the Good Finish trophy. Didn't bother with an Easy or Normal playthrough.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']Anybody else beat the game on Hard and didn't get shit for it? Does it unlock after you beat the end boss or do you have to 100% the game? You're supposed to set it to hard before finishing the tutorial, right? I don't know if I can stand playing through this again. I'm one Evil power shy of that trophy with all districts in the green (ie: no fucking enemies in large enough groups to gain decent XP), takes too long to track down enemies to Bio Leech too.

Can you just use a downloaded save on Hard at the end boss and beat Kessler again? I'm so fucking pissed I put 10+ hours into another playthrough for nothing.[/QUOTE]

If it was your first playthrough and the game automatically changed the difficulty to hard after the tutorial, then you'll get it.

If it's a second playthrough I think it needed to be on hard from the beginning, not switched to hard after the tutorial

I could be mistaken on this though

[quote name='crunchb3rry']Anybody else beat the game on Hard and didn't get shit for it? Does it unlock after you beat the end boss or do you have to 100% the game? You're supposed to set it to hard before finishing the tutorial, right? I don't know if I can stand playing through this again. I'm one Evil power shy of that trophy with all districts in the green (ie: no fucking enemies in large enough groups to gain decent XP), takes too long to track down enemies to Bio Leech too.

Can you just use a downloaded save on Hard at the end boss and beat Kessler again? I'm so fucking pissed I put 10+ hours into another playthrough for nothing.[/QUOTE]
Hard trophy unlocks after the credits roll and you are free to play on.

For the trophy, the game has to automatically up the difficulty for you to hard. You can't change it yourself.

One thing I noticed on my second play-through, is that the game started off at Hard and never switched like the first one. So I guess the game remembers what difficulty you played on before.

I ended up switching it to normal since I had already unlocked the trophy and was more interested in faster xp.

Yes - I was freaking out when I did not get my Hard Trophy. Man, I was so pissed. Then I was running around for a minute or so and it hit... PHEW!

I had to return inFamous though... (I got charged 65 bucks for having it to long) I was only 2 trophies away from Platinum and only needed about 20 more shards! Agh! One day... one day... Why do games have to be so friggen ass expensive?!

bread's done
Back