inFAMOUS - Now Available - First Shipments include Uncharted 2 MP Beta

[quote name='StrandedBrit']Yeah I just finished this as a Hero. Great game. Great enough that I'll go through and do it on 'evil'.

I got all shards and dead drops on that play through. Not as difficult as I thought it would be. I think the stunts will be harder, but who knows. At least the 2nd run through will be a lot quicker.[/QUOTE]
I recommend getting all the Stunts on Hero. The Hero Shockwave makes setting up stunts way easier because they stay in place.

I know this might be a dumb question, but has anyone seen this game in Hollywood Video to rent? I swear I've called the store every week since it came out and the person on the phone is like "I don't even see that game in my system" even if I spell it out for her letter by letter.

They did get Prototype the week it came out though...

Just finished my first playthrough on Hero. Mind = fucked. What a great game, I expected a twist though I didn't see that coming.

Going to start my evil game right away.

i just played thru Hero. what a fun game. i enjoyed thru out and the twist was cool. Right away i hopped right back in and starting playing thru so i can become "inFamous". i love that their are different cutscenes and reactions and everything for both sides.

Question, when you beat the game and start a new game, do you retain the stats (like # of shards or stunts)? How about the moves? Do you have to purchase them again using EXP points?

I find that NORMAL mode is descent, how hard is HARD mode? Like Crushing Mode in Uncharted?

Also, i changed from Thug to Guardian (purchased Thug's power too), can I still earn the Hero status? Right now I'm a Champion and it seems it stays there :( Do you mess up the Hero karma if you just accidentally kill a bystander?

No, you do not retain stats or moves. You have to refind the shards and repurchase the moves.

Hard mode can be pretty difficult in parts. It took me about an hour to beat the final boss on hard.

It takes a long time to move up karma levels, be patient.

[quote name='Serpentor']Also, i changed from Thug to Guardian (purchased Thug's power too), can I still earn the Hero status? Right now I'm a Champion and it seems it stays there :( Do you mess up the Hero karma if you just accidentally kill a bystander?[/QUOTE]

In my experience the game seemed to cap max karma based on how many story missions had been completed. Try moving up in the storyline a bit. Also, minor karma losses are pretty unavoidable but won't have any long-term impact, so I wouldn't worry about it as long as you're not ranking all the way down to Thug.

I have a few questions; I didn't want to read through the whole thread so forgive me if they have already been answered. I think I have a good shot of getting the Platinum Trophy in this game, but I do need to know a few things about the blast shards in the game.

1) Is there any way to tell how many you have already collected and/or how more you still need to get?

2) Do the Karma moments effect your ability to get the 100% shard trophy? I'm playing through as a hero right now and while most of the time my good decisions have given me all the possible shards, there was side mission where I made the good choice to accept the citizen's offer of one shard (and give up the 3 or 4 others in the process).

Does anyone know if I will still be able to get all the shards despite my choice?

Thanks

To tell how many shards you have just go to the save file, while you are at the XMB. Also, eventually when the meter at the top left reaches the max, it will tell you how many are left.

If you are a bad guy it is just faster to get them, if you decide to be good the blast shards the person had will just show up in the city, you can still get them all.

[quote name='catabarez']To tell how many shards you have just go to the save file, while you are at the XMB. Also, eventually when the meter at the top left reaches the max, it will tell you how many are left.

If you are a bad guy it is just faster to get them, if you decide to be good the blast shards the person had will just show up in the city, you can still get them all.[/QUOTE]

Awesome, thanks.

How many battery core's are there, and how many are left once you've gotten all the cores? I've got 21 so far and it still isn't capped

[quote name='lolwut?']Awesome, thanks.

How many battery core's are there, and how many are left once you've gotten all the cores? I've got 21 so far and it still isn't capped[/QUOTE]

Haha, sorry but i don't remember how many cores there are, but once you get to about 280 shards it will start telling you how many you need left

does anyone know of someone who bought the special edition of infamous? i just read somewhere toys r us sold one that included the game, the gigawatt blades, a comic , a figure of cole and a steel case. was it some kind of foreign release or did it just come out in limied numbers here?

[quote name='gunm']I believe that limited edition was for the UK/Euro market only.[/QUOTE]

damn that sucks youd think they would have released a few here.

The discussion for this game sure died down. Just beat it about a week ago after putting it aside due to moving into a new house, and after beating it started an evil playthrough practically the same day. I forgot how much work I had done initially, tore through the story in maybe 3 days the 2nd time around and was awarded my 1st platinum PSN trophy. As pointless as they are, it's kind of fun to get them.

[quote name='johnnypark']The discussion for this game sure died down. Just beat it about a week ago after putting it aside due to moving into a new house, and after beating it started an evil playthrough practically the same day. I forgot how much work I had done initially, tore through the story in maybe 3 days the 2nd time around and was awarded my 1st platinum PSN trophy. As pointless as they are, it's kind of fun to get them.[/QUOTE]

i got so annoyed by trying to find all the shards on my good play through beating it on evil felt like a chore. if theres a sequel i hope they do a better job of letting you know how much youve accomplished ( so far as to make it perfectly clear) and it would have been helpful if it told you when youd gotten all the shards in each of the 3 burbs. sucks that those chaos blades were worthless lol. wonder how long till they come out with a new sly cooper game?

[quote name='Doc Bacca']Just finished my second playthrough on inFamous.

Only need to collect 15 more shards and I have my first platinum.[/QUOTE]

you are my inspiration! I think I might go and pick this game up from BB w/ the B!G1 50% off.

Has anybody else encountered enemies they can't kill? Today, I was playing the mission where I have to get the bus to the hospital, and I came across 2 reapers that I couldn't kill. NONE of the moves would do anything. I could even beat them down. They eventually died, but I didn't kill them, other enemies did. It was weird and frustrating.

Yes, it's a glitch. They won't bother you, so don't bother them.

I also got a Platinum Trophy on this game last week. I made nearly 2 complete playthroughs in 5 days. Well, one was 100%, the other was like...50%, but still.

Just finished my first playthrough. I chose the Evil route :twisted:

Awesome game and excellent story. I went Hard mode right from the beginning and I didnt find this game to be very difficult. Looking forward to a sequal.

Im still missing 10 shards and 5 stunts. My backlog is so massive though I dont know if I am going to play this again until after I finish some others first.

Is it just me or does this game not have a 'quit game' option? I guess I'm the only person who likes to quit to the title screen before pressing the PS button to quit out of a game.

It seems like more and more games are doing this as of late too.

True, it's not really needed, and I don't usually use it when it's there, but I can see why some would like it, as I've fucked up save files before by initiating a quit right before the game decided it was going to save (never on the PS3, I did it on Burnout Revenge on the 360).

Screw Infamous 2, gimme Sly Cooper 4. Infamous sucks compared to Sly (in terms of overall quality). I'm gonna be soo pissed if the rumor Infamous 2 is being developed... though I do know how the ending of Infamous sets up a sequel amazingly easily.

Give Sucker Punch a break. They've been making nothing but Sly Cooper games for the entire PS2 generation. A few Infamous games under their belt to broaden their experience, and develop techniques and technology, and we'll get an amazing Sly Cooper game.

I just hope they tweak the primary bolt attack to be less of a chore to use. It became so tedious having to constantly click the fire button to shoot enemies and depleted chargeable items to draw power from to refill cole's batteries (IE shoot object several times, suck energy, shoot object more times, suck energy; repeating until full)

Um, the primary attack costs no energy to use. You always have it available.

If you go the Hero route, you can use overcharge to get a full charge quickly from any item.

[quote name='guardian_owl']I just hope they tweak the primary bolt attack to be less of a chore to use. It became so tedious having to constantly click the fire button to shoot enemies and depleted chargeable items to draw power from to refill cole's batteries (IE shoot object several times, suck energy, shoot object more times, suck energy; repeating until full)[/QUOTE]

And you can buy the upgrade to just release a stream of constant energy rather than short burst attacks.

Anyway, just got my 2nd platinum on this game. First was Crack in Time. Overall, I'm loving my PS3. I never actually liked any game enough on my 360 to go for a 1000.

I'm probably going to dump this game on GS while the $20 promo is still going on since I've tried it and I hate it, but I'm letting my one buddy finish it before I get rid of it.

Hopefully, he'll stop procrastinating and finish the damn thing before the 10th, since I hated sitting there like a vulture the last time I let him borrow a game I intended to flip for cheap credit(Resistance 2)as he was trying to finish the game and get 100% in it.

Oh well. When it comes down to it though, it is still MY game and I'm free to do with it as I please.

Just picked this up by giving GS 2 games for $20 each! Any tips for a noob? How does this compare to other games?

[quote name='J7.']Just picked this up by giving GS 2 games for $20 each! Any tips for a noob? How does this compare to other games?[/QUOTE]

the gigawatt blades are a free download now on psn. if youre a trophy hunter get it done on your first playthrough because theres alot of crap to collect and if you get stumpped trying to acheive a stunt or something theres plenty of youtube videos. and playing evil is alot more fun than playing good but you will have to do both to get all the trophies.

got 2 more trophies to get in the AM before I can flip this at gamestop. Hopefully I read that promo right and I can still do it tomorrow.

[quote name='J7.']Just picked this up by giving GS 2 games for $20 each! Any tips for a noob? How does this compare to other games?[/QUOTE]

Honestly, I preferred Prototype to this game, even though it seemed to be more or less just Hulk: Ultimate Destruction with new skins on the character and NPC's.

Then again, I lean more towards the games where you can cause all sorts of chaos and destruction versus a more linear type of title such as inFamous.

As for hints, keep clicking the right stick in to find sources of power to recharge.

[quote name='nbballard']got 2 more trophies to get in the AM before I can flip this at gamestop. Hopefully I read that promo right and I can still do it tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

lol im trying to do that with uncharted still have to beat it on crushing.....i hate uncharted right now lol.

So far the game is okay, I hope it gets better with additional abilities. It's gone downhill a bit since the opening which was cool.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Honestly, I preferred Prototype to this game, even though it seemed to be more or less just Hulk: Ultimate Destruction with new skins on the character and NPC's.

Then again, I lean more towards the games where you can cause all sorts of chaos and destruction versus a more linear type of title such as inFamous.

As for hints, keep clicking the right stick in to find sources of power to recharge.[/QUOTE]
I rented Prototype but I didn't really like since it got repetitive after a while and the story came off as cheesy to me.

I haven't played infamous yet and was wondering if Id like it.

Having played both, I'll stick with inFamous. I recently rented Prototype, and it was an absolute blast. But the story was "blah" to me, and I felt more connected with Cole than I did Mercer.

[quote name='J7.']So far the game is okay, I hope it gets better with additional abilities. It's gone downhill a bit since the opening which was cool.[/QUOTE]

My buddy who I got this game back from last night stopped playing it 3/4's of the way through it and he normally loves shooters.

Honestly, I felt like the game reached it's crescendo within the first 10-15 minutes. Then the rest of the game is the same from there on out. Shoot enemies, help(or hurt) people, repeat ad nauseam.

[quote name='J7.']So far the game is okay, I hope it gets better with additional abilities. It's gone downhill a bit since the opening which was cool.[/QUOTE]

it will pick up as you go along. each ability adds to what you can do in the world and makes for alot of cool moments.

Just finished this game.

The kessler ending was..something.
playing on hard, i never raged so hard on a video game in single player. lol

i loved the free-climbing of this game. The ability that my guy is hanging on ledges and climbing a building was awesome.
I should get Mirror's Edge i guess. :)

[quote name='cRodz']Just finished this game.

The kessler ending was..something.
playing on hard, i never raged so hard on a video game in single player. lol

i loved the free-climbing of this game. The ability that my guy is hanging on ledges and climbing a building was awesome.
I should get Mirror's Edge i guess. :)[/QUOTE]

mirrors edge is awesome kinda short but an amazing game. its one of those games that you wish they would use that whole mechanic for other games like tenchu.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']
Honestly, I felt like the game reached it's crescendo within the first 10-15 minutes. Then the rest of the game is the same from there on out. Shoot enemies, help(or hurt) people, repeat ad nauseam.[/QUOTE]

I started it on Hard just to make it more challenging, and it definitely made it more enjoyable. When you start on the 2nd island, the enemies are so strong that going into the blackout areas is actually quite difficult and fun. There's a good variety with enemies as you progress, til you're fighting those huge guys near the end. If it wasn't for the (admittedly simple) experience & power system I wouldn't have enjoyed it as much. Between that and the story, I enjoyed it so much it's the only game I've ever gotten a Platinum on.

bread's done
Back