inFAMOUS - Now Available - First Shipments include Uncharted 2 MP Beta

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Yes - I was freaking out when I did not get my Hard Trophy. Man, I was so pissed. Then I was running around for a minute or so and it hit... PHEW!

I had to return inFamous though... (I got charged 65 bucks for having it to long) I was only 2 trophies away from Platinum and only needed about 20 more shards! Agh! One day... one day... Why do games have to be so friggen ass expensive?![/QUOTE]

For that much money you could have bought the game!

[quote name='BlueScrote']For that much money you could have bought the game![/QUOTE]
Haha, they charged me that much so I could keep it. But, since I returned it - they refunded my money.

Just beat the game. It was FANTASTIC. Ending was awesome IMO also. Best game I have played this year. Totally going to be a GOTY contender for sure. It had some problems (Like the same side missions over and over) but about 70% hrough I skipped those and just did the story. I am looking forward to going back now and then to play side missions and get the shards, etc. Fantastic game

Also, I think the sequel should be called Infamous 2: Electric Boogaloo. Get it? Electric..har har.

[quote name='Sarrasis']I don't think this has been posted here yet. It may help for tracking down shards.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=v7ujbn&s=5[/QUOTE]

PLEASE!! Does anybody know how to get to the bottommost shard?? It's at the part at the beginning of the story when you are trying to "escape" Empire City. I just can't seem to get to it ... I blast down all the lights to hold on to, but when I reach the 2nd platform, I can't seem to go any further.

[quote name='chuckywang']PLEASE!! Does anybody know how to get to the bottommost shard?? It's at the part at the beginning of the story when you are trying to "escape" Empire City. I just can't seem to get to it ... I blast down all the lights to hold on to, but when I reach the 2nd platform, I can't seem to go any further.[/QUOTE]

That is the first shard in the game that you get. Its right after you meet with Moyra and it shows it to you and explains shards. If you ping throughout the game you should have no problem getting all 350. I was missing eight when I first beat it but the only places I did not look and ping was around the docks in all districts and I found all eight there.

[quote name='Davestation']That is the first shard in the game that you get. Its right after you meet with Moyra and it shows it to you and explains shards. If you ping throughout the game you should have no problem getting all 350. I was missing eight when I first beat it but the only places I did not look and ping was around the docks in all districts and I found all eight there.[/QUOTE]
Lol, yeah when I was back-tracking with the map I died about 15 times trying to get to that spot. I finally just moved on and found the rest elsewhere. Then when I started my good playthrough I realized it was the first shard you get.

I'm working on beating the game on Hard mode. However, I switched to Hard mode when I was on the rooftop of Zeke's building at the beginning. Am I still good for the Gold trophy?

I meant I manually switched to Hard mode before the game automatically did. Will I still get the trophy? Please say yes as I'm almost done with Neon.

You cannot change the difficulty in the middle of the game and get the trophy, however, if you go to new game from a game set on hard, it will begin on hard and you can get the trophy.

I don't know if anyone knows for sure (as in, they actually tested it, not just guessing by what the description says), but I'd say if you changed the difficulty to hard before the game would automatically change the difficulty you'd be fine.

Finished the game a week ago.

I couldn't find the missions to finish off both the second and third island (on the 2nd island, the area by the long bridge, where you fought the last boss of the warrens, and the area on the 3rd island by ground zero). Is it a hidden package mission, or is it a mission that I can't finish, playing as the hero?

Oh, a slight educated guess on what may happen in inFamous 2, beating the game as a Hero:
So, who's willing to bet that John will become "The Beast" that Kessler/future self talked, seeing as that it looked like he got pulled into a "portal" when the raysphere imploded?

Anyways, I'm trying to decide if I a) when I play the infamous/evil track, should I do it on hard or b) should I try to get all the shards before starting the evil campaign. I got 75+% of the shards collected, but I don't really feel like doing the easter-egg hunt anymore.

Also, do the Stunt unlock carry through to the next game? I've currently done 17 of the stunts, and I'm stuck at trying to shockwave 3 enemies off the roof, seeing as my map is almost free of criminals.

[quote name='KongaKing']If the arrow points to your rank, what's these 3 sections do? Just tell you how close you are to your next rank? Or something else? They don't seem to match up with the arrow and junk
23kpv2r.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Also, if you manage to "fill up" your Karma fully, in either direction, you could unleash a Karmic Overload, giving you unlimited energy for a short period of time. Afterwards, the bar will deplete ever-so-slightly, needing you to fill it up again, whether through good deeds or bad, to unleash another overload.

[quote name='rumarudrathas']

Also, do the Stunt unlock carry through to the next game? I've currently done 17 of the stunts, and I'm stuck at trying to shockwave 3 enemies off the roof, seeing as my map is almost free of criminals.[/QUOTE]

Nope, nothing carries over to a new game. If you want the Stunt trophy, you'll have to get all the stunts in one game.

[quote name='mguiddy']I don't know if anyone knows for sure (as in, they actually tested it, not just guessing by what the description says), but I'd say if you changed the difficulty to hard before the game would automatically change the difficulty you'd be fine.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's what I figure. I guess I'll be the guinea pig if no one else knows ... I'm already halfway through the Warren.

Just finished the game earlier tonight. Ended up getting all the blast shards in Warren, too.

Might get the remaining blast shards and side-missions tomorrow, not sure if I'll be able to do all the stunts though, as I have 13 remaining.

[quote name='rumarudrathas']
I couldn't find the missions to finish off both the second and third island (on the 2nd island, the area by the long bridge, where you fought the last boss of the warrens, and the area on the 3rd island by ground zero). Is it a hidden package mission, or is it a mission that I can't finish, playing as the hero?

[/QUOTE]
They are probably hidden package missions.
Kill groups of enemies in the areas that aren't reclaimed.

Yeah, between reselling my game, selling my Home code, and using a gift card to pay for half the game, I made a nice profit on inFamous!

Can't beat that

[quote name='chuckywang']Yeah, that's what I figure. I guess I'll be the guinea pig if no one else knows ... I'm already halfway through the Warren.[/QUOTE]

Small update: I just beat the game on Hard and got the Hard Finish trophy. That means that if you manually switch to Hard BEFORE the game automatically switches you, you are good for the trophy.

Also, are there trophies that you must accomplish in one sitting? I still haven't gotten the AC/DC trophy and I've beaten the game twice. I only play for a few hours each sitting.

[quote name='chuckywang']Also, are there trophies that you must accomplish in one sitting? I still haven't gotten the AC/DC trophy and I've beaten the game twice. I only play for a few hours each sitting.[/QUOTE]
One sitting... no, but you need to draw a LOT of power for that trophy.
I boosted it about 2/3rds to 3/4ths of the way in the game by fully recharging my batteries (had most of them at the time) well over 20-30 times. It's easiest to get in the sewers because they have unlimited generator things in them. I've heard you don't actually need to have empty batteries to get it, which is scarier since I also sat there holding the button down for around 5-10 minutes before I started draining my batteries first.

[quote name='menikmati']Damn, I just got rid of my Home costume for $31.[/QUOTE]

WHHHHHATT? I redeemed that code because I figured, what the hell, why not use Home. I didn't know clothing codes are worth that much.

[quote name='menikmati']Damn, I just got rid of my Home costume for $31.[/QUOTE]

Interesting, you just reminded me I had mine sitting unused in my inbox. I'll have to put it up on eBay and see what I can get.

eBay here I come!

Guess it proves that people are, in fact, willing to spend money for Home -- and more than the occasional $1-$2 shirt.

Just need the Casey Jones and full evil upgrades trophy for the platinum. Casey Jones is proving to be an issue because I get motion sickness from how violently the screen shakes (along with controller vibration) when I try to ride the train. Not the Cole powered Train missions, but the full speed train.

The Killzone 2 Home costumes were going for the same amount as the Reaper costumes right now. So if you still happen to have a KZ2 code, sell that crap!

I can't believe people actually buy that stuff.

[quote name='Bavgate']The Killzone 2 Home costumes were going for the same amount as the Reaper costumes right now. So if you still happen to have a KZ2 code, sell that crap!

I can't believe people actually buy that stuff.[/QUOTE]

I was intending on it but the KZ2 codes are expired.

They have expiration dates?! Wow, I never knew that. Good thing I sold it a week after I got the code. Sell your Reaper codes right now then! Just sold mine for $30.

I got the Plat tonight!!

Anybody know why I only have 95% completion? Here are my two saves:

Save #1:
Completion: 95%
Powers and Upgrades: 48
Districts: 84 of 84
Dead Drops 32 of 32
Blast Shards: 350 of 350
Stunts 21 of 21

Save #2:
Completion: 91%
Dead Drops 31 of 32
Blast Shards: 272 of 350
Stunts 14 of 21

From what I've read, you need to have two saves with all stunts/shards/drops/districts/powers/upgrades, one on Hero and the other on Infamous to get 100%.

So if you did the last 7 stunts and picked up the last 1 drop/78 shards, your infamous save should be 100%

Beat my first run through just now. Really cool game. I got all the trophies I could as I hero (save Bio-Leech, save that for evil). I did really well with the shards too. I had almost 0 back tracking or looking for lost shards. I will say I had two places left to look when I was at 349, and a tiny bit of panic snuck in. But it was out on a dock/pier in Historic, one of the few places I had left to check for sure.

Hardest stunt by far for me was the shock and drop from the air. I hate that one. I only did that once in the whole game.

Now to play through as a meanie... and wait impatiently for the sequel.

[quote name='chuckywang']I got the Plat tonight!!

Save #1:
Dead Drops 32 of 32
Stunts 21 of 21[/QUOTE]

Congrats on the Platinum! :applause:

I'm too impatient to search through the city for all 350 shards. :whistle2:#

Well, there are different powers and missions for good and evil. So two full plays for sure, IMO. Beyond that, it would just be based on how much you like the game. I will be beating the game both ways, then after that I imagine I will play it again on down the road. But it would be awhile. I am definitely going to hang on to it though, as I really enjoy it. No multiplayer. So, if you like open world where you can screw around, yay. If not, maybe just rent.

Definitely worth playing though, either way you go.

Loved the game but I definitely won't be playing through it again. The side missions are too repetitive (similar to Assassin's Creed IMO), but it's tough to do the story missions without the necessary experience from the side missions.

It's awesome during the first island and towards the end of the third island, but the second island is pretty forgettable.

Save #1:
Dead Drops 32 of 32
Stunts 21 of 21

Save #2:
Completion: 91%
Dead Drops 31 of 32
Blast Shards: 272 of 350
Stunts 14 of 21[/QUOTE]

Congrats! I will get it one day!

[quote name='RudyPants']Loved the game but I definitely won't be playing through it again. The side missions are too repetitive (similar to Assassin's Creed IMO), but it's tough to do the story missions without the necessary experience from the side missions.[/QUOTE]
Seriously? Unless you ignored the damage reducing upgrades, I don't know that any of the upgrades were really all that necessary to succeed. I skipped more than half of the side stuff, and I beat it on Hard.

Anybody know why I only have 95% completion? Here are my two saves:[/QUOTE]

Getting 100% completion is impossible as it requires you to buy all the good AND evil upgrades, I believe.

I don't know if this will help anyone, but for anyone with those last few Shards missing, there are 2 that won't show up on your radar. One is on top of the extremely tall building next to the blast site in the Historic District, while the other is on a broken pier on the east coast of the Neon. Neither of these will show up when you scan. Figured I'd throw this out there.

After you play through all of the story missions, can you go back and collect all of the dead drops, blast shards and complete the rest of the side missions?

Bug alert: there's a few parts where I've fallen through the geometry of the world, but luckily the game can identify this and resets the mission to the last Medical Center or Zeke's Roof. Seems like a cheap fix, but at least you don't get stuck in an endless loop.

Yeah. I like it when games do it as opposed to "it's over and here's what you got." At the end it gives you a nice message saying if you need more blast shards and side missions, feel free to go to it! OR just wander around.

Just finished it on hard as a Hero and I thoroughly enjoyed it, although I probably won't go back for a second playthrough. I just have too many other games that need my attention. I liked the twist at the end, I didn't see it coming. I'll definitely be getting inFamous 2 when that inevitably gets released.

Yeah I just finished this as a Hero. Great game. Great enough that I'll go through and do it on 'evil'.

I got all shards and dead drops on that play through. Not as difficult as I thought it would be. I think the stunts will be harder, but who knows. At least the 2nd run through will be a lot quicker.

bread's done
Back