Inglorious Basterds $12 sealed new on Blu-Ray at Target!

buster90

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Inglorious Basterds comes out this week for $20 on sale on Blu-ray at Target.

Use the popular $5 off coupon and get it for $15

PLus there is a $3 off coupon in today's Sunday paper in the coupon section. It is one the front of the coupon section. $3 off.

using both coupons brings the price to $12.

THere are coupons for a few other movies (Public Enemies, Funny People, etc) but they don't seem to be on sale at Target this week.

I wanted to give this its own thread $12 is a steal for a great movie in HD.

Someone at Slickdeals mentioned there's a $5 peelie on the case. He was able to get it for $6.99!

Both coupons not only worked for me today, but apparently there was a peelie on the disc container itself that knocked 5 dollars off as well.

I say apparently because I didn't notice it until I handed the cashier my coupons, and she pulled another one off the box and said "You'll get another $5 off." So with the $3 coupon, the $5 Target BD coupon, and this other $5 peelie, I got it for 6.99 before tax.

I'm sure this is YMMV, and it may have only worked because I was buying a few other things with coupons, but it worked for me-- and without me having to do anything!

BTW, this is the Lawndale Target in Greensboro, NC.

http://slickdeals.net/forums/showpost.php?p=25747428&postcount=134

Now that is a slick deal!

Aww, YMMV because it's only supposed to apply when you're buying another movie from a list.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='postalpez']It scaned 19.99 at a price scaner for me.
got both for 19.99x2 - $5 target coupons - $5 on box coupon - $3x2 red plum coupons. so just over $20 with tax for both.[/QUOTE]

I just went to get Public Enemies and it scanned at $29.99 :/

The peelie coupon on IB is for additional savings with the purchase of an additional movie. There were a few of them, though the only ones I remember were Public Enemies and Funny People.

I wonder if the peelie will work by itself. I was tempted to pick up Public Enemies along with IB when I saw the peelie but figured the system would throw a fit if I used 2x $5 off Target coupons + $3 off IB + $3 off PE + $5 off from peelie. But I guess even if I were able to use the peelie separately, I would still end up with more than 1 manufacturer's coupon for PE...

[quote name='Mugen Power']I wonder if the peelie will work by itself. I was tempted to pick up Public Enemies along with IB when I saw the peelie but figured the system would throw a fit if I used 2x $5 off Target coupons + $3 off IB + $3 off PE + $5 off from peelie. But I guess even if I were able to use the peelie separately, I would still end up with more than 1 manufacturer's coupon for PE...[/QUOTE]When people were buying Up and Monsters Inc, they managed to get a third manufacturer's coupon to scan when they added in a third item of some kind, like a pack of gum or something else like it.

Anyone try the peelie coupon without picking up one of the other titles?

I.e. just with Inglorious Basterds alone? I'm guessing that guy on SD was just BSing or forgot to mention the fact he bought another movie to get IB down another $5.

Got mine earlier, though I forgot to bring the $3 off manufacturer's coupon. I'll be by another Target tonight, so I'm going to do a post-purchase adjustment.

Today I tried to use the $3.00 off manufacturers coupon at Target for Inglorious Bastards...and it didn't work...
I didn't wanted to argue over $3.00, so I just bought it with only using the $5.00 off(which is still cheap considering that I used a $10.00 gift left lying on the kitchen counter).

got IB for $6.99 as well, not sure how but shows 2 $5 off as well as the $3 off would show pic of receipt but not sure how to put that in scanned it as a jpg...

LOL, that was it, now that I think of it, it did beep twice when she scanned the $5 coupon, didn't think much of it, but when it said $7.69 (with tax), I was outta there! :bouncy:

Got Inglorious Bastards Bluray today for $13 and some change(11.99+tax basically). The target coupon scanned fine however the 3$ off manufacturer's coupon (printed from the red plum site) wouldn't scan and the cashier lady wouldn't override it. I told her that I am still purchasing it with the 5$ off coupon from target. I went to guest services with the manufacturer's coupon, told them how it wouldn't scan, CS lady pored over it for a minute or so, punched some buttons on the terminal thing, and gave me 3$. Only took an extra couple minutes of my time.

[quote name='GWIZ2260']LOL, that was it, now that I think of it, it did beep twice when she scanned the $5 coupon, didn't think much of it, but when it said $7.69 (with tax), I was outta there! :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Did you attempt to use the 2 for $5 off coupon peelie from the slipcase? If so, did it actually get scanned?

fuck....I really really wish Target had self checkout, FLOL. I'm assuming the lowest you could get it to go would be $0.00 hahaha!!!

Hmmmm...I'm going to try an experiment tonight...will report back later this evening.

[quote name='CapAmerica']My Target wouldn't allow me to use the $3.00 coupon with the $5.00 one, oh well $15 Blu-Ray is still a great deal.[/QUOTE]

Why is that? I'd print out their coupon policy (it's even posted on their registers in some stores) and tell them that you are allowed one manufacturer and one target coupon per item. If you have another store near you, you can take your receipt back and coupon to that one and have them do the adjustment too.

No, did not attempt to use the coupon on the slipcase, it isn't even opened. Did not want to buy another BD to cover that coupon.
On another note, I wonder if I scanned that coupon enough times, they may owe me some $$$!!! LOL

Got it for $11.99 for no problem. The manufacturer coupon popped up some message on the cashier's screen, but she pressed something and had no problem with it. I grabbed the last $19.99 Blu Ray copy. Woo!

Well, I used the coupon from out the newspaper for redplum and she had to click something for it to work and she knew the policy about taking a manufacturer coupon & target coupon so I had no problem. I also got the Hangover but I had to use 2 coupons luckily I printed more than one. I bought both in the same transaction.

Here's the scoop: the manufacturer coupon won't scan but requires manual override. I think it is because Target computers haven't been updated yet. Therefore, just hand the manufacturer coupon to cashier first and ask for override if asked. Then, after manual override, hand the Target coupon to cashier next.

Got it after this attempt for $11.99 + tax.

Got mine for $11.99 + tax.

She scanned the $3 coupon first and it wouldn't go through. She then scanned the $5 coupon and then I noticed the $3 coupon went through right after she scanned it. It was weird, but it worked.

Got mine for $13 after sheepishly asking if the cashier could try scanning the peelie. Who trains these damn people to read the coupons, because she pointed out what I already knew lol. Ah well, my scheming ways will have to wait til this Sunday at BB. ;)

Worked ok for me. The manufacturer's coupon didn't go through automatically - I saw the screen, and it said "required item not found" - but she just read the coupon for a minute then hit a button and pushed it on through. Thanks a ton OP, I've been wanting to see this movie ever since it hit theaters, and you can't beat $12 for the blu-ray at release. :D

[quote name='argyle']Worked ok for me. The manufacturer's coupon didn't go through automatically - I saw the screen, and it said "required item not found" - but she just read the coupon for a minute then hit a button and pushed it on through. Thanks a ton OP, I've been wanting to see this movie ever since it hit theaters, and you can't beat $12 for the blu-ray at release. :D[/QUOTE]

Same here. The clerk helping me check out was well...that doesn't make sense. *click* $3 off.

thanks guys... i was able to score this for $6.99 with the additional coupon attached to the blu-ray case. the original CSR said that they would only accept one coupon, but I asked him to check with a manager about taking the MFG and the Target coupon. I would have been fine with $12 (or $10 with the $5 coup on the box). That said, all three coupons scanned and were accepted, no override necessary.

[quote name='erectiontown']thanks guys... i was able to score this for $6.99 with the additional coupon attached to the blu-ray case. the original CSR said that they would only accept one coupon, but I asked him to check with a manager about taking the MFG and the Target coupon. I would have been fine with $12 (or $10 with the $5 coup on the box). That said, all three coupons scanned and were accepted, no override necessary.[/QUOTE]

I was just about to mention this coupon. So you didn't even need to purchase any of the other movies? The coupon on the case clearly states purchase of Inglorious Bastards AND Funny People, Public Enemies, or American Pie.

[quote name='freshzen']I was just about to mention this coupon. So you didn't even need to purchase any of the other movies? The coupon on the case clearly states purchase of Inglorious Bastards AND Funny People, Public Enemies, or American Pie.[/QUOTE]
really? i didn't even look at it. i just peeled it off and gave it to the guy to scan the bar code.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Is it me, or did redplum.com remove the coupon?[/QUOTE]It's not you. It's gone. The ones for Public Enemies, Funny People and Coraline/The Grinch are still there, though no sign of the IB coupon.

[quote name='freshzen']Somebody can still take a scan of the coupon and upload it.[/QUOTE]That won't work, since each coupon has a unique keycode on it that the vendor will have to verify when they get their money back for it.

[quote name='erectiontown']really? i didn't even look at it. i just peeled it off and gave it to the guy to scan the bar code.[/QUOTE]

Gawd grr... you're number CAG here for the cheapest and best deal! :applause:

[quote name='shrike4242']It's not you. It's gone. The ones for Public Enemies, Funny People and Coraline/The Grinch are still there, though no sign of the IB coupon.[/QUOTE]

Confirmed! The coupon is gone!

Whew, glad I decided to pull the trigger this morning on IB since they removed it. Clerk was hesitant to scan the second coupon but then realized one was a mfr's and the other was a Target. Thanks OP!

I used the $3 coupon and the target $5 coupon. Tried to use the $5 one from the package but it said too many coupons on the computer screen and it wouldnt take.....

Got mine today with the $5 coupon, because of the pic of the transformers blu ray on the coupon, the cashier was trying to tell me it was only for the TF blu ray

I got IB for $11.99. I'm surprised the $3 coupon scanned because many of you said they had to manually override it. The $5 coupon work fine.

First, the rep only scanned the 3 off coupons. I asked why and they tried to tell me the 5 off coupon was only good for Transformers. I advised that it will work for any Blu-ray. Next, she claimed that she could only take one coupon I said the policy is one manufac and one store. She called the manager and they confirmed.

I got 2 copies of Inglorious Basterds today total price $26.00

"You saved 36.00" Oh yea! :applause:

bread's done
Back