iOS (iPhone, iPod, iPad) / Mac App Stores -- Ongoing Sales

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryanflucas

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
Now with Wiki Editable Goodness!!

This is a continuation of this previous thread. Since it was getting very close to the 5,000 thread mark, I figured it was time for a reset.

Post any deals you find, recommendations, requests for deals, etc. Please keep things as civil as possible. There's no such thing as a bad deal post and reviews are opinions.

Games in the App store are constantly going on sale. While I originally posted games and prices in this post, it's become almost impossible to keep up with it all. Feel free to post in this topic on good deals and games you enjoy. Developers are also encouraged to join in, especially if they are running promos or sales.

If you want to check out a particular game, try the following review sites, or ask in here so fellow CAG's can assist you.

Price Drop Sites

148 Apps
App Shopper iOS / App Shopper Mac
Free App Alert
Touch Arcade
Free App A Day

App & Game Review Sites

IGN Wireless
MacLife iPad
MacLife iPod/iPhone
Slide to Play
Touch Arcade
Touch Gen
TUAW Games

Free App offers from Developers
• Get a free copy of the Number Fill app for iOS by sending an email to [email protected] with subject "iOSApp:" (while supplies last).

YouTube Video Reviews

iPad Game Reviews
iPhone\iPod Touch Game Reviews

Apple Game Center
Apple Game Center allows you to keep a friends list, track your in game achievements, and compare with your friends. Many games are starting to support this. Currently this only runs on iPod & iPhone, but an update will be coming soon that enables this for iPad users.

Make sure to checkout the official CAG Game Center Exchange Thread. You can post your game center name and see the names of your favorite CAG'rs. You can also exchange OpenFeint & Plus+ names there.

ITUNES GIFT CARD SALES
Gamestop: 6/8 to 6/14, $25 iTunes gift card for $20

Important Notes:

1. Make sure to check for periodic updates either in iTunes or on your iOS devices. For each release of new firmware, there's usually a bunch of games updated right afterward.

2. Some applications also go on sale by their authors when they reach 1 million download and similar milestones.

3. Apps often have specials the day before, during, and after holidays, regardless if said game/app is related to the holiday.

4. Newly released apps will often have a % or dollar amount off for a limited period of time to gain a large following quicker. While browsing the app store you can go to a particular type or genre and order according to release date. This can make finding new app discounts faster.

5. Make sure to backup your purchases in iTunes to CD/DVD for safe keeping. You can do this by clicking File-->Library-->Backup to Disc. Then choose all purchases, applications only, and full or incremental backup. How often is up to you, but I do this monthly, or more often if I buy a lot of apps.

6. Apps can be re-downloaded without incurring an extra charge if you previously purchased it. This is good if you have a crash and forget to backup your purchases. I don't know if this is a permanent feature so backing up regularly is still important.

7. I strongly advise not to buy iTunes Gift Cards by 3rd parties unless you know they can be trusted. Retail stores, receiving cards as gifts, etc are the best ways. There are many credit card scams, stolen cards, hacked cards going around, especially on Ebay.

8. If you are the victim of a iTunes Card scam or get your account locked due to one not all hope is lost. Apple has been fairly lenient on these issues. Call Apple directly at 1-800-MY-APPLE or check the iTunes Store support page. Also going to your local Apple Store to discuss it can help. The account locking is an automated process and can be reversed. This can take time so be cautious if you use gift cards from 3rd party sources.

9. If you somehow break your iOS device, you have some options. If you bought the Applecare warranty it should be covered for most items. If your Applecare ran out or you don't have one, try using one of the repair guides on iFixit to repair it yourself. Apple Stores have been known to give discounts if you bring in a iOS device that they will not fix since it's not in warranty. This discount however is very small.

10. Using a screen protector can extend the life of your device. Most stores carry these, but they can be hard to install. The best I have personally used are made by a company called Power Support. They have both clear and anti-glare protectors. They are easier to install because the protector is a firm yet thin piece of plastic. Two come in a pack, average price I've seen is $20. Griffin Technologies and Zagg are also very good.

11. Universal Apps have a small plus sign in the upper left corner next to their price. They can be played natively on both the iPad and iPod/iPhone. iPhone games that are not universal can still be played on the iPad with a lower resolution. Non universal iPad games cannot be played on the iPhone.

Recommended Games by Genre
Feel free to add games, genres or move titles as needed. This list is to give CAGs a chance to catch up on missed high-quality games and to get new users started on "can't miss" titles to download for their new idevice. Underlined titles are universal (ipad and iphone/ipod touch). Italic are iPad only.

Casual - Tiny Wings, Angry Birds, Doodle Jump, Fruit Ninja, Cut the Rope. World of Goo, Osmos, Bird Strike - GOLD EDITION, Parachute Ninja, Pilot Winds, Depict, Flight Control, Time Geeks: Find All!, Bird Zapper!, Tapper World Tour, Amazing Breaker
Shooter - Tilt to Live, Galaxy on Fire 2, Espgaluda II, Dodonpachi Resurrection, Space Miner: Space Ore Bust, Radiant, Warblade, MetalStorm: Online, Minotron 2112
F/TPS/Action - Shadowgun, N.O.V.A., N.O.V.A. 2, Infinity Blade, Modern Combat 2: Black Pegasus, Dead Space, Shadow Guardian
Dual-Stick Shooter - Age of Zombies, Minigore, Solomon's Keep, Solomon's Boneyard
Action/Arcade - Jet Ball, Super Mega Worm, Zombie Highway, Pac-Man Championship Edition, Plunderland
Adventure - Super Brothers: Sword & Sworcery EP, Broken Sword: Director's Cut, Broken Sword - The Smoking Mirror Remastered, The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition, Monkey Island 2 Special Edition, Sam & Max Episode 1, Scarlett and the Spark of Life, Back to the Future Ep 1 HD, Back to the Future Ep 2 HD
Platformer - League of Evil, Mirror's Edge, Kami Retro, Pix'n Love Rush, Soosiz, Fastar!, Frogatto, Rolando, Rolando 2, Creepy Caverns, :Shift:, Robot Wants Kitty, Perfect Cell, Beyond Ynth, Spider: The Secret of Bryce Manor, Hoggy, Edge
Endless Runner - Hook Champ, Super QuickHook, Hook Worlds, Monster Dash, Solipskier, Robot Unicorn Attack, Inspector Gadget's MAD Dash, Run Like Hell! Deluxe
Tower Defense - Plants vs. Zombies, Holy Moly Dragons, Defender Chronicles, iBomber Defense, The Creeps!, Geodefense, Geodefense Swarm, Epic War TD, Sentinel Mars Defense, Sentinel Earth Defense, Sentinel Homeworld, Guns'n'Glory, TowerMadness
RPG - Zenonia, Zenonia 2, Zenonia 3, Battleheart, Dungeon Hunter I & II, Across Age, Chaos Rings, Sacred Odyssey, Eternal Legacy, Secret of Mana (yes, that Secret of Mana :D), 100 Rogues
Puzzle - Azkend, Sparkle, Bejeweled 2, Dungeon Raid, Drop7, Puzzle Agent, Trainyard, Puzzle Quest 2, Crosslogic, bitFLIP, Love Battle Princess, Heroes of Kalevala, Antrim Escape 1/2
Card/Dice - Sword & Poker 1 & 2, World Series of Poker Hold'em Legend
Sim - Game Dev Story, Hot Springs Story, Sims: Ambitions
Strategy - Civilization Revolution, Trenches, Crystal War, Legendary Wars
Sports - NBA Jam, Backbreaker Football, Backbreaker 2, Flick Kick Field Goal
Fighting - Street Fighter IV, King of Fighters-i002
Racing - Asphalt 6, Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit, Need for Speed: Shift, Real Racing 2, Reckless Racing, Disc Drivin', Jet Car Stunts, Death Rally, Tires of Fury
Time Management - My Kingdom for the Princess 1 & 2, Hotel Mogul, Airport Mania, Roads of Rome HD
Board Games -Small World, Carcassonne, Catan, Words With Friends, Reiner Knizia's Samurai, Neuroshima Hex
Trivia - MovieCat, You Don't Know Jack
Hidden Object - Little Things, Pictureka
Non-Game Essentials -
Appshopper, Atomic Web Browser, Stanza, CloudReaders, Flipbook, TuneIn Radio Pro, Dropbox, Air Video+, Evernote, Video Stream, mBox Mail, Genius Scan, Urban Spoon, Documents To Go Premium

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jacknicklson']The new purchased tab is sweet and scary at the same time lol

Definite improvement. Go to app store>updates to see it[/QUOTE]

I saw this too, unfortunately this only appeared on the iPad. The iPhone/iPod app stores may never have such nice features perhaps due to screen size limitations. A small but AWESOME feature that I like on the iPad app store is that it tells you if you've purchased an app already with an "Install" icon so there's no guessing needed if you're not sure you own an app already and want to reinstall it or if you're about to get charged for an app. Why can't at least this be implemented on the iPhone/iPod app store? It seems so easy yet Apple has not rolled it out.

[quote name='jacknicklson']The new purchased tab is sweet and scary at the same time lol

Definite improvement. Go to app store>updates to see it[/QUOTE]

I'm not seeing this on my itunes? It says my itunes is currently up-to-date.

[quote name='caltab']It will be on iTunes 10.3 beta which I think should be out today. It's a really cool feature.[/QUOTE]

These are things that really should have always existed and not taken 3+ years to finally make it on the devices. But then again it is Apple and they can never do wrong. It is kind of annoying when the bar resets while sliding through the list if you have a bunch of apps as it seems there is no rhyme or reason on the way they are ordered.

The Purchased History is nice-ish, but lacking currently. Every time you tap a title to look at the details for it, and then go back (or if you download something via the list), then when you go back it resets to page 1. It makes using it a real pain in the ass, other then just browsing to see stuff and doing absolutely nothing with it. I mean it's certainly better then nothing, but I hope they'll improve that. This is on my iPad. I haven't tried on the iPhone or iTunes 10.3.

It did help me find some titles I'd forgotten about, so it's definitely a good thing, just needs improvements. Maybe in iOS 5? EDIT: another improvement it needs is a filter to only show titles that aren't installed.

Luminati (connect 4 with power ups) is on sale for FREE for a limited time. Seems to well reviewed:

http://appshopper.com/games/luminati

In spite of what I said above, the Purchased history is definitely useful. Downloaded this on my computer and then it shows up in Purchased on my iPhone for download. Nifty. I also did the same for Hotel Dash - thanks for the heads up on that!

[quote name='crunchewy'] EDIT: another improvement it needs is a filter to only show titles that aren't installed.[/QUOTE]

I know that my iPad had this. A separate tab that let me see the apps I purchased that were not on iPad currently. Haven't checked on my iPhone

[quote name='Owen']These are things that really should have always existed and not taken 3+ years to finally make it on the devices. But then again it is Apple and they can never do wrong. It is kind of annoying when the bar resets while sliding through the list if you have a bunch of apps as it seems there is no rhyme or reason on the way they are ordered.[/QUOTE]

while I agree it would have been nice for it to have always existed, it has not at all been the industry standard. Amazon didn't let you re download music until cloud came out and it is not retroactive. Freaking Nintendo doesn't ever let you re download games. PSN is great for re downloading games, but I believe Apple may actually be the first in the industry to let you re download music that you purchased before the days of cloud. i am able to download some music I lost over the years all the way back to 2006.

They aren't free but 2 little Iphone/Ipod Touch gems i can recommend are:

Dog Pile and Mighty Fin. Both are only .99 but I have been having a blast with both. Mighty Fin has some similarites with Tiny Wings and Dog Pile has a little Peggle/Coin Drop feel to it. There is a free version of Dog Pile so you can always try it out.

[quote name='Felder71']I know that my iPad had this. A separate tab that let me see the apps I purchased that were not on iPad currently. Haven't checked on my iPhone[/QUOTE]

Doh! I thought that meant, not purchased on this iPad. LOL. :)

[quote name='crunchewy']In case there's anybody not involved in E3 press conference console/handheld fan flame battles, here's some deals:

Across Age DX (iPad) down to $2.99:
http://appshopper.com/games/across-age-hd

Puzzle Agent HD (iPad) down to $2.99:
http://appshopper.com/games/puzzle-agent-hd

Save Toshi DX (Universal) down to 99 cents:
http://appshopper.com/games/save-toshi[/QUOTE]

Fan flame battles are so stupid. Those people seriously need to either get out more, or get a second job (or beg their parents extra hard) and buy all three as they're all great systems.

Techno Kitten Adventure was just released on iOS the other day for those who are interested. It's essentially a free demo with in-app-purchase to unlock the full game.

http://appshopper.com/games/techno-kitten-adventure

The regular version of Puzzle Agent has dropped to .99
"A Puzzling Adventure with a Twist
When White House inquiries to the Scoggins Eraser Co. are answered only with curious puzzles, Nelson Tethers from the U.S. Department of Puzzle Research is sent on the case.
The strange events in Scoggins will challenge every ounce of Tethers’ expertise, and possibly his very wits too, with brainteasers at every turn: mazes, logic puzzles, riddles, and more. He soon realizes that these - along with the clinically pre-occupied townspeople, secret societies, and peculiar sounds from the forest - are intimately connected to the core mystery. And what's with the gnomes?"

I really like Puzzle Agent.
Another game I dig, which is going for FREE right now, is Zentomino. It's a "fit Tetris pieces into a big shape" kind of game, but it's pretty challenging. However, once I found you could double-tap empty space to get a hint, it became my current most-played game.
http://appshopper.com/games/zentomino

Jump Pack HD (iPad only) has dropped to FREE for a limited time.
"* WARNING: YOUR JET PACK IS OUT OF GAS *
You're Jet Pack has run out of gas and is now coasting on fumes. It's got enough gas to push you to the next level, but that's about it!
Watch out for over 10 different types of deadly platforms with trap doors, spikes, bombs and more.
Luckily for you there are some awesome power-ups to help you along the way..."

It weighs in at over half a gig, but if you've got the space on your iPad, The Beatles: Fifty Fabulous Years can be yours for FREE for the first time.
"It has been fifty years since John, Paul, and George named themselves the Beatles and soon after recruited Ringo Starr. The Beatles: Fifty Fabulous Years includes fascinating and little-known stories, never-before-published photographs, and nostalgic memorabilia. A complimentary documentary, "The Beatles: The Golden Age," is woven throughout the vook's narrative and captures the pandemonium of Beatlemania, from their delirious fans and madcap movies to interviews with each of the Fab Four."

Another physics-based puzzle game, Hungry Hamsters is also currently available for FREE.
"SOS!!! There are some Hungry Hamsters that are in need of your help. Your knowledge is needed to help guide these starving little critters to their nibbling delights.
Hungry Hamsters is a new and exciting physics based puzzle game that requires skill and logic to complete each level. In order to guide them through each level, you must help draw a path that will maneuver them towards their tasty treats.
This game will definitely get your mind thinking; your eagerness and determination to win is the key to their happiness. So put your thinking caps on and let's see if you're smart enough to help these hamsters get to their scrumptious goodies, or will you fail them and go nuts?"

Chromanoids is the new main FAAD game right now.
"Chromanoids is an arcade-style space shooter that puts you in charge of a space fleet, tasked with saving Earth from the unforgiving enemy Chromanoid ships. Mix and match colors to destroy relentless waves of Chromanoid invaders before they reach your space station -- the last of Earth's defenses."

Puji's Shootout is the latest OpenFeint FGOTD.
"The bottom of the ocean is in trouble! Fish are trapped into bubbles. Who can save them?
Puji's Shootout presents the adventures of Puji, the starfish, who has decided to pop these evil bubbles and set the fish free! In order to complete his mission, Puji has also to face the evil bosses of the sea and their minions. Puji's journey is very long, since there are many sea worlds in danger! Can you help him?
In order to pop the bubbles, you can use the variety of weapons that Puji has but also try to avoid touching the bubbles and the evil minions, who will be in your way.
You will be amazed by the cute graphics, addictive game-play and the exceptional polishing of the game."

Just found a fantastic remote desktop app (uses built in Windows RDP, no software PC-side required) and it's free! It's called Fastest RDP - AccessToGo

I've been having huge issues with Splashtop Remote dropping the connection (though no issues with the actual wireless connection) every minute or so, so I got into looking for an alternate. Definitely pleased I found this one. I also have my eye on LogMeIn Ignition, but at $29.99, I'm definitely not pulling the trigger until a serious price drop occurs.

[quote name='iowaholdem']Just found a fantastic remote desktop app (uses built in Windows RDP, no software PC-side required) and it's free! It's called Fastest RDP - AccessToGo

I've been having huge issues with Splashtop Remote dropping the connection (though no issues with the actual wireless connection) every minute or so, so I got into looking for an alternate. Definitely pleased I found this one. I also have my eye on LogMeIn Ignition, but at $29.99, I'm definitely not pulling the trigger until a serious price drop occurs.[/QUOTE]

This app is Universal! looks awesome, thanks. Now if I could only figure out how to set it up...

Brickshooter Egypt HD is another iPad limited-time freebie from FAAD.
"Unravel the mysteries of ancient hieroglyphs that will help you restore the glorious pyramids. A unique brain-teasing puzzle experience across 60+ exciting levels with stunning graphics and amazing sound is what Brickshooter Egypt by Playrix has to offer. Truly original, innovative and extremely addictive gameplay will keep you moving these bricks for hours on end. Crack the intriguing puzzles of the past and unlock the secrets of the pharaohs!"

AppShopper is dead for me all morning - anyone else having trouble getting there?

Not a deal, but RedLynx's (developer of the Trials series, including the XBLA game Trials HD) game 1000 Heroz is out! This game looks pretty cool. There are separate iPhone and iPad versions, but it's cheap (99 cents and $1.99 respectively), so I'll give them a pass on that.

iPhone: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/1000-heroz/id437456591
iPad: http://itunes.apple.com/app/1000-heroz-hd/id438458959

I bought the iPad version, but won't get a chance to try it until later today.

[quote name='Dimsdale']Brickshooter Egypt HD is another iPad limited-time freebie from FAAD.
"Unravel the mysteries of ancient hieroglyphs that will help you restore the glorious pyramids. A unique brain-teasing puzzle experience across 60+ exciting levels with stunning graphics and amazing sound is what Brickshooter Egypt by Playrix has to offer. Truly original, innovative and extremely addictive gameplay will keep you moving these bricks for hours on end. Crack the intriguing puzzles of the past and unlock the secrets of the pharaohs!"[/QUOTE]

playrix games are usually very high quality, thanks for the heads up

edit: downloaded and played a bit- this as a really good match 3 with a twist. You shoot the breaks from the sides into the middle in order to get your matches. It requires a bit more thinking than your standard match 3. Its usually 4.99, definitely worth a free download. But, be careful if you search for it you self- it seems like playrix created a separate listing of the game today, so there is still a version of it for 4.99. Im pretty sure this free one is still also the full version, I think they might just be protecting their star rating from free downloaders who pick it up and dont like it.

[quote name='Dimsdale']Brickshooter Egypt HD is another iPad limited-time freebie from FAAD.
"Unravel the mysteries of ancient hieroglyphs that will help you restore the glorious pyramids. A unique brain-teasing puzzle experience across 60+ exciting levels with stunning graphics and amazing sound is what Brickshooter Egypt by Playrix has to offer. Truly original, innovative and extremely addictive gameplay will keep you moving these bricks for hours on end. Crack the intriguing puzzles of the past and unlock the secrets of the pharaohs!"[/QUOTE]

Still showing up as $5 for me.

[quote name='MSI Magus']Still showing up as $5 for me.[/QUOTE]
See Caltab's post immediately above yours. I clicked on the link and it still shows free (both on the page and in the AppStore). Try it again.

Also, Death Rally is back down to .99 in case you missed it the last time around.
"DEATH RALLY ain’t messin’ you around… A one-time purchase for your multiple devices! Universally designed for iPHONE™, iPAD™, also with gorgeous OPTIMIZED FEATURES for IPAD2™. Brought to you from REMEDY, renowned developer of MAX PAYNE and ALAN WAKE! LOAD YOUR GUNS, START YOUR ENGINES... IT WILL BLOW YOU AWAY, LITERALLY! This is no Sunday Drive. This is DEATH RALLY. The classic top down racer is back, stronger and more vicious than ever. Make a run for the finish line with a trail of broken glass and spent brass behind you... along with the flaming wreckage of any fool dumb enough to get in your way.
Arguably, the best looking racing game for the iPhone and iPad. Race against incredible boss drivers like DUKE NUKEM. The gameplay is addictive, intense, explosive fun, with racing + weapons = awesome! Lock and load and enter the Death Rally, humiliate and destroy your opponents or sabotage the race. You choose how you win, NO TRICK IS TOO DIRTY!"

If I didn't like reckless racing am I going to like death rally? I love twisted metal games btw. Thanks in advance.

[quote name='outphase']Target is still running the 20% off deal if you wanted to get a higher value card (although you could just buy 2x $25). Good time to stock up with OSX Lion coming out in a month or so.[/QUOTE]
Add the 5% off for RED Card and you get 25% off.

Its not 25%. >_>

Its 20% + 5%.

Simiilar to how a Clearance section works. A rack has 90% Off MSRP plus an additional 15% Today Only using your card.

You're not gonna get 105% off. >_>

Its gonna be 90% + 15%. You're not gonna walk off from the store with anything free.

Course I have no idea if the 5% applies to itune cards due to their policy for the 5% discount. Never tried before.

[quote name='RedEagleEX']Its not 25%. >_>

Course I have no idea if the 5% applies to itune cards due to their policy for the 5% discount. Never tried before.[/QUOTE]

The red card discount does work on iTunes cards, I used it a few days ago...I've never bought something it didn't work on. I think it only excludes prescriptions.

[quote name='caltab']The red card discount does work on iTunes cards, I used it a few days ago...I've never bought something it didn't work on. I think it only excludes prescriptions.[/QUOTE]

Oh thats neat then. I should do that next time on those cards.

1000 Heroz HD is so awesome I ended up buying the iPhone version too. It's clever, polished and fun. The idea is a footrace on a different course with a different character and a new leaderboard only good for 24 hours (it sticks around, but you can't qualify if it is closed), every day for 1000 days. We're on day 2 now. You compete on time, but also gold and rank. Definitely RedLynx's best mobile game yet. Highly recommended.

I recommend reading their tips on the help page:

http://1000heroz.com/help/

Chop Chop Hockey has dropped to FREE as one of the new FAAD titles.
"The hockey competitions are starting now and you are cordially invited! Cordially? Not really! The Choppies are known for their aggressive attitude and they will do everything to win the Chop Chop Hockey League cups. It will be a brutal competition with only one rule: there is no rule!"

A Girl in the City – Extended Edition is another new FAAD game.
"With her journalism degree in her pocket, Laura leaves her small-town home to take a bite out of the Big Apple! She dreams of becoming a freelance journalist with a major New York women’s magazine, but the road is long and fraught with pitfalls… And what about love in all of this?
Discover New York and help Laura achieve her goal! Seek out information on the busy life of New Yorkers in order to write good articles, meet new people and become the most prominent columnist! Guide Laura towards the love of her life!"

Rooftop Escape
is the current OpenFeint FGOTD.
"From the studio that brought you Dalton - The AWESOME!, A.I.R Defense and Wave - Against Every Beat! comes the next hit game, Rooftop Escape!
In Rooftop Escape, try to avoid deadly ledges and obstacles as you plummet down the side of a windswept skyscraper. Steer your player to clotheslines to slow yourself down and try to survive your deadly descent!
With an innovative scoring system and stylized art, this is one adventure not to be missed! "

[quote name='crunchewy']1000 Heroz HD is so awesome I ended up buying the iPhone version too. It's clever, polished and fun. The idea is a footrace on a different course with a different character and a new leaderboard only good for 24 hours (it sticks around, but you can't qualify if it is closed), every day for 1000 days. We're on day 2 now. You compete on time, but also gold and rank. Definitely RedLynx's best mobile game yet. Highly recommended.

I recommend reading their tips on the help page:

http://1000heroz.com/help/[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the recommendation. Gonna get this for my iPod.

Created a custom league named CAG. Join up! (open up the game, select options, enter "CAG" as the custom league name.)

[quote name='PrarieD0G']Thanks for the recommendation. Gonna get this for my iPod.

Created a custom league named CAG. Join up! (open up the game, select options, enter "CAG" as the custom league name.)[/QUOTE]

I joined the CAG leader board - one thing this game needs is support for multiple custom leader boards. We also need more folks in the group to join in. But I'm #1 out of 2 today, so consider that a challenge. Something like 14 hours to go on today's course. You have time! :)

[quote name='crunchewy']I joined the CAG leader board - one thing this game needs is support for multiple custom leader boards. We also need more folks in the group to join in. But I'm #1 out of 2 today, so consider that a challenge. Something like 14 hours to go on today's course. You have time! :)[/QUOTE]
I am now in last place on the CAG leaderboards. So if you want to be better than me at a game, now's your chance. Buy 1000 Heroz today!

Okay, I'm in. I made it just above PrarieDOG on the CAG board. I should probably read that tips page, though, since I'm pretty much sucking so far . . .

EDIT: Well, now I've read the hints & tips page and I'm actually doing worse with each successive run. How are you guys getting faster? I can't even beat my own avatar. Maybe I should grab some sleep and see if that helps drag myself out of last place.

Coin Drop! has, itself, dropped to 99 cents! Get this game now! It's universal too, and just got an update with new levels. More to come:

http://appshopper.com/games/coin-drop

EDIT: Ok, it's a bit of a trick. A lot of a trick: the price went up from 99 cents only a few days ago, but I'll give them a pass since it's still a must-have! :)

Also, A Girl in the City: Extended Edition has gone free (iPhone/iPod touch - the iPad version is NOT on sale, at least not yet) and has good ratings, though only a handful. I think it's a hidden object game:

http://appshopper.com/games/a-girl-in-the-city-–-extended-edition

Coin Drop! is fun. End of story. Well, if you like Peggle, you'll probably also like Coin Drop!, but it's also very different from Peggle, not a copy at all. If you didn't like Peggle, odds are you aren't going to like Coin Drop! By the way, I hate that exclamation mark at the end. :)

9 Innings: Pro Baseball 2011 has dropped to 99 cents again, though it has been a while since it last dropped. Seems to have good reviews:

http://appshopper.com/games/9-innings-pro-baseball-2011

Is it like one of those iOS classics like cut the rope? Btw bit on death rally. I'll post impressions once I try it since no one else wanted to give me their opinion.

[quote name='Wiendog']Is it like one of those iOS classics like cut the rope? Btw bit on death rally. I'll post impressions once I try it since no one else wanted to give me their opinion.[/QUOTE]

Coin Drop is nothing at all like Cut the Rope. Again, it's more akin to Peggle, but also very different from that. There is a lot of luck in Coin Drop, but also skill. It's a great mix like Peggle is. I like it even more then Peggle. I will say that at first I didn't like it because you shake to bump, but you get use to it and then it seems natural and fitting - don't shake like crazy, rather give it a swift jolt to bump the coin strategically.

Also, Death Rally is great! Really addicting. I recommend switching to d-pad (buttons) for steering. That works a lot better for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back