iPhone and iPod Touch Games on Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryanflucas

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
Apple iPhone & iPod Touch games in the App store are constantly going on sale. While I originally posted games and prices in this post, it's become almost impossible to keep up with it all. Feel free to post in this topic on good deals and games you enjoy. Developers are also encouraged to join in, especially if they are running promos or sales.

If you want to check out a particular game, try the following review sites, or ask in here so fellow CAG's can assist you.

App Review & Price Drop Sites

Important Notes:

1. Make sure to check for periodic updates either in iTunes or on your iPod\iPhone. For each release of new firmware, theres is usually a bunch of games updated right afterward.
  2. Some applications also go on sale by their authors when they reach 1 million download and similar milestones.
  3. Apps often have specials the day before, during, and after holidays, regardless if said game/app is related to the holiday.
  4. Newly released apps will often have a % or dollar amount off for a limited period of time to gain a large following quicker. While browsing the app store you can go to a particular type or genre and order according to release date. This can make finding new app discounts faster.
  5. Make sure to backup your purchases in iTunes to CD/DVD for safe keeping. You can do this by clicking File-->Library-->Backup to Disc. Then choose all purchases, applications only, and full or incremental backup. How often is up to you, but I do this monthly, or more often if I buy alot of apps.
  6. Apps can be redownloaded without incurring an extra charge if you previously purchased it. This is good if you have a crash and forget to backup your purchases. I don't know if this is a pernament feature so backing up regularly is still important.
  7. I strongly advise not to buy iTunes Gift Cards by 3rd parties unless you know they can be trusted. Retail stores, receiving cards as gifts, etc are the best ways. There are many credit card scams, stolen cards, hacked cards going around, especially on Ebay.
  8. If you are the victim of a iTunes Card scam or get your account locked due to one not all hope is lost. Apple has been fairly lenient on these issues. Call Apple directly at 1-800-MY-APPLE, or check the iTunes Store support site at http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/store. Also going to your local Apple Store to discuss it can help. The account locking is an automated process and can be reversed. This can take time so be cautious if you use gift cards from 3rd party sources.

Last edited by a moderator:
I lost my iPod Touch last month and don't plan on getting another one, anyone interested in 2x $50 iTunes codes?

Paypal or trade is cool, CML. Offers including L4D 360 will be put ahead of every other offer. ;)

i'm probably really late on this one but does anyone know what happened to the game idope or have any suggestions of games like it?

Bought Wordjong and Yahtzee today and it's eating up my time. Also, Flick Fishing is great.

[quote name='jt2k3']rolando for 5.99 is a steal.

Best iPhone app is the cag iPhone forums for free!! Just bookmark the forums as an icon and it shows a pic of cheapyd as the icon![/quote]

How do I find this?

In Safari, hit the + symbol at the bottom. Then choose Add to Home. Give it whatever name you like, and you got yourself a hot button to any website.

Great deals going on in the store now. Don't know if you guys have tried it but you should check out Triphids. Cool little retro shooter.

[quote name='Vader582']A free version of Puzzle Quest is up...yes. I said PUZZLE QUEST!!! ;)[/QUOTE]

hmm i wonder how long itll take to get the full version up.

[quote name='paz9x']hmm i wonder how long itll take to get the full version up.[/quote]
It's up now but under the title "PuzzleQuest Chapter 1" as opposed to "Puzzle Quest". Apparently Chapter 2 will be a free update. I'm a sucker for this game and it dropping from $10 to $8 is enough for me. :lol::bouncy::applause:

[quote name='Vader582']It's up now but under the title "PuzzleQuest Chapter 1" as opposed to "Puzzle Quest". Apparently Chapter 2 will be a free update. I'm a sucker for this game and it dropping from $10 to $8 is enough for me. :lol::bouncy::applause:[/QUOTE]

where are you seeing this supposed chapter 2 free ?
i have a real issue having to potentially pay for the game 3 times.

im also trying to figure out if aurora feint 2 arena includes af2 the beginning. af2 the beginning says if you have arena then dont download it.

[quote name='paz9x']where are you seeing this supposed chapter 2 free ?
i have a real issue having to potentially pay for the game 3 times.

im also trying to figure out if aurora feint 2 arena includes af2 the beginning. af2 the beginning says if you have arena then dont download it.[/quote]

http://toucharcade.com/2009/02/18/puzzle-quest-price-drop-799-and-free-version-now-available/

You won't be paying for it 3 times. Chapters 1&2 represent the original game for 7.99 with chapter 3 being what was add on content for other platforms.

[quote name='cbotwell']http://toucharcade.com/2009/02/18/puzzle-quest-price-drop-799-and-free-version-now-available/

You won't be paying for it 3 times. Chapters 1&2 represent the original game for 7.99 with chapter 3 being what was add on content for other platforms.[/QUOTE]

thanks for the info. purchased.

can anybody figure out if you get the single player stuff from aurora feint 2 the beginning in with AF2 the arena?

i cant figure it out. ive searched reviews and google links but nothing specifys
im also worried that if i dont have a signal i wont be able to play it
(like mafia)

[quote name='paz9x']thanks for the info. purchased.

can anybody figure out if you get the single player stuff from aurora feint 2 the beginning in with AF2 the arena?

i cant figure it out. ive searched reviews and google links but nothing specifys
im also worried that if i dont have a signal i wont be able to play it
(like mafia)[/quote]

[email protected]

iDracula High Score Record:

(to capture a screenshot from your iPod, hold the "home and sleep" button for a second and it will snap a picture, then email it to yourself and upload it online)

photo.jpg

624,815 -- died at around 12:05

passed on manic marble after playing the free version. With only 6 levels it's not even worth 0.99. Plus it just gets boring after playing the free version. Wished it was more like Marble madness. Picked up idracula though. Very cool game. Well worth 0.99. Thanks.

I just grabbed iDracula, and Shooter each for 0.99. Both look really good and for a buck how can you say no?

Also, Zombie Attack! is back down to 0.99. One of my favorite games and well worth a Washington.

Just grabbed iDracula as well after all this hubub about it. Plus there is a killer update coming soon!

My iDracula survival high score is: 752,260.

Would be kind of cool to get a CAG leader board going. Hopefully in the update they include some kind of online leader board at least.

[quote name='Master Shake']Snake XT is free for the first week and it's a modern version of snake.[/QUOTE]

Thanks...just downloaded it. It's not too bad of a game worth the price right now.

[quote name='maximus101']How the heck do you shoot in idracula? I'm having the hardest time doing that on command.[/QUOTE]

Move with the left stick, shoot by holding the right stick in the direction you want to shoot.

Picked up zombie attack as well. Good fun for 0.99. The Creeps is still my favorite tower defence game. Thanks for all the deals.

[quote name='Master Shake']Snake XT is free for the first week and it's a modern version of snake.[/QUOTE]

I was just downloading this after seeing that it was free and thought my phone was broke because it was downloading so slow. Till I realized its a 30 mb app.

Grabbed Rolando for $5 after enjoying the lite version and seeing the video on their website. This thread is the best.

[quote name='Master Shake']Rolando just went down to $4.99.[/QUOTE]

Great news! I'd been waiting for a price drop, since I haven't even paid $.99 for an app/game yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back