iPhone and iPod Touch Games on Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryanflucas

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
Apple iPhone & iPod Touch games in the App store are constantly going on sale. While I originally posted games and prices in this post, it's become almost impossible to keep up with it all. Feel free to post in this topic on good deals and games you enjoy. Developers are also encouraged to join in, especially if they are running promos or sales.

If you want to check out a particular game, try the following review sites, or ask in here so fellow CAG's can assist you.

App Review & Price Drop Sites

Important Notes:

1. Make sure to check for periodic updates either in iTunes or on your iPod\iPhone. For each release of new firmware, theres is usually a bunch of games updated right afterward.
  2. Some applications also go on sale by their authors when they reach 1 million download and similar milestones.
  3. Apps often have specials the day before, during, and after holidays, regardless if said game/app is related to the holiday.
  4. Newly released apps will often have a % or dollar amount off for a limited period of time to gain a large following quicker. While browsing the app store you can go to a particular type or genre and order according to release date. This can make finding new app discounts faster.
  5. Make sure to backup your purchases in iTunes to CD/DVD for safe keeping. You can do this by clicking File-->Library-->Backup to Disc. Then choose all purchases, applications only, and full or incremental backup. How often is up to you, but I do this monthly, or more often if I buy alot of apps.
  6. Apps can be redownloaded without incurring an extra charge if you previously purchased it. This is good if you have a crash and forget to backup your purchases. I don't know if this is a pernament feature so backing up regularly is still important.
  7. I strongly advise not to buy iTunes Gift Cards by 3rd parties unless you know they can be trusted. Retail stores, receiving cards as gifts, etc are the best ways. There are many credit card scams, stolen cards, hacked cards going around, especially on Ebay.
  8. If you are the victim of a iTunes Card scam or get your account locked due to one not all hope is lost. Apple has been fairly lenient on these issues. Call Apple directly at 1-800-MY-APPLE, or check the iTunes Store support site at http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/store. Also going to your local Apple Store to discuss it can help. The account locking is an automated process and can be reversed. This can take time so be cautious if you use gift cards from 3rd party sources.

Last edited by a moderator:
downhill bowling is now on sale for 99 cents, the game is a lot of fun to play whether you're into bowling or not.
Reg price is $3

Abigale is on sale at an introductory price of $.99. Supposedly it's $2.99

It's a side scrolling shooter. It's kind of fun but a little repetitive. I'm only on level 1-3. There is no music either. But for $.99 it's not a bad game. Just figured I'd give you guys a heads up.

I feel like I'm always championing this game, but:

iDracula has dropped from $2.99 to $0.99 presumably to get themselves back in the top 25 or so paid apps on iTunes. Definitely buy this game at this price! It won't get any better than this!

[quote name='iowaholdem']I feel like I'm always championing this game, but:

iDracula has dropped from $2.99 to $0.99 presumably to get themselves back in the top 25 or so paid apps on iTunes. Definitely buy this game at this price! It won't get any better than this![/quote]

I have had a lot of fun with this game, but my only gripe is when I get over 1million points, once even to 2 million points...it crashed.

[quote name='Tybee']Apple re-enabled my account this morning (took about 4 days from contacting customer service to get it re-activated, and they sent me a status update once a day), but only after removing the $50 from my account, saying that it came from a fraudulent code.

I won't hazard a guess as to whether or not Hotrocks was similarly duped, or just got caught trying to pull a fast one, but he is taking responsibility for the situation and has promised to refund my money. So that counts for something. I'll let you know when I receive it.[/quote]

He did refund my money last night. Before that, though, he offered me another $50 code for $10 less than I paid him the first time round. I said thanks, but no thanks.

Hey guys, do any of you know a good site that has a Top X list of the best iphone apps, and not necessarily games? I've found a few but they're either outdated or wrong.

[quote name='saticoy']Hey guys, do any of you know a good site that has a Top X list of the best iphone apps, and not necessarily games? I've found a few but they're either outdated or wrong.[/quote]

Try Appsniper it has categorical view of "Hot Apps" and not just games.

[quote name='Ed_']I picked up a three pack of itunes gcs for $25 at BB. Rather go legit than run the risk of being banned.[/QUOTE]

What's the 3 pack deal and is it still going on?

Best Buy is selling the iTunes bundled 3-pack of $10 value cards for $25 this week (Saturday being the last day). Savings of five bucks over retail.

[quote name='Hibiwa']Best Buy is selling the iTunes bundled 3-pack of $10 value cards for $25 this week (Saturday being the last day). Savings of five bucks over retail.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the tip! In for one. Actually you are limited to one, at least online. Does anyone know if this deal is in-store too? I might go pick up another one (or more if they let me.) Here it is online:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...Id=abcat0201007&type=product&id=1218033631188

iTunes cards aren't 'double taxed' right?

If I go to BB for the 3 pack, I'd be paying $25 OTD, and then iTunes would charge me tax when I make purchases, correct?

Or are they like LIVE points cards and are taxed at the POS and are tax free when used in iTunes?

Oh, yeah, I think that's right - the tax is applied at time of sale. Which really makes more sense as then you are only paying tax on what you really spend on the iTS. To answer the question, I was not charged tax for my online order. Nor shipping.

50% Zagg Discount with purchase of Paper Pilot:

Getting your 50% discount is as easy as 1-2-3

1. Download Paper Pilot to your iPhone or iPod touch
2. Once in Paper Pilot, select Options, then ZAGG Promo, and enter your name and email address

3. Receive a one-time use discount code good at ZAGG.com by email

First 3,000 submissions will receive a 50% discount code
Next 1,000 will receive a 40% discount code
Next 1,000 will receive a 30% discount code
Remainder will receive a 20% discount code until the promotion expires
The sooner you act, the more you save so act fast!

[quote name='Hibiwa']That'd be nice. Flicking through nine pages can be dizzying. Hope they don't charge for 3.0 as a major update though.

eta: crap. I googled and it looks like they're going to tack on a $9.95 price for Touch users. Free for iPhone. Grrrr. Maybe I should go buy the three pack LOL. That sucks. Better be worth $10.

Here's a youtube clip of the Apple presentation.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DBX-GeLceE[/quote]

yeah perhaps they could bring back some kind of "wheel functionality" to fix 9 pages of apps.

I for one only have two pages of apps, so its not a worry for me

Considering in ibOOns you can't even use the scroll wheel to scroll through stuff... I seriously doubt this will ever happen. Besides, it makes too much sense.

iPhone and iPod Touch Games on Sale

666 replies / 42206 views​

Not a sale,but a good trick to get free emoticons.

Download the free Spell Number app. Use the app and type in 91929394.59 close the app.

Go to your phone settings\general\keyboard\Japanese turn emoticons on. Now there will be a world globe on the keyboard for the emoticons. Enjoy your  and have a  or  if of age.

Typed from my 

I think we should have a separate forum section just for IPod Touch and iPhone Games and Apps like we do for the other platforms.
Click Here to try GameFly for FREE or start for only $8.95!!

[quote name='KingCrow02']I think we should have a separate forum section just for IPod Touch and iPhone Games and Apps like we do for the other platforms.[/quote]

Although that makes entirely too much sense, based on the amount of replies in this thread, doing that would definitely dilute the effectiveness of the conversation going on here.

There definitely should be an iPhone post icon (or are they smilies?) added to the list though.

[quote name='cbotwell']Although that makes entirely too much sense, based on the amount of replies in this thread, doing that would definitely dilute the effectiveness of the conversation going on here.

There definitely should be an iPhone post icon (or are they smilies?) added to the list though.[/quote]

I understand that, but this section is for deals on iPod Touch and iPhone games. I would like to see a forum section about Free iPod Touch and iPhone games and Apps, divide games by genre, and news on upcoming games. Just a thought, now that the iPod Touch and iPhone is a mobile gaming and computing device it deserves a section. I second that icon idea. We sure bring it up to the Holy Space Pimp. O:)
Click Here to try GameFly for FREE or start for only $8.95!!

You could probably just go to an iPhone dedicated site for that kind of stuff. I think this thread does a pretty good job with App sales in general.

[quote name='KingCrow02']I think we should have a separate forum section just for IPod Touch and iPhone Games and Apps like we do for the other platforms.[/quote]

I disagree. The Apps store is still under a year old. Plus between the constant deluge of releases coupled with the 'get it and forget it' mentality of game purchases, I think that an iPhone forum would have a ton of threads with a few replies.

Until the Apps Store gives us more than 1 or 2 hour diversions(maybe with the 3.0 update?), a dedicated forum is a waste IMO

[quote name='daruler022']Not a sale,but a good trick to get free emoticons.

Download the free Spell Number app. Use the app and type in 91929394.59 close the app.

Go to your phone settings\general\keyboard\Japanese turn emoticons on. Now there will be a world globe on the keyboard for the emoticons. Enjoy your  and have a  or  if of age.

Typed from my [/quote]

This. is. awesome.

Thanks for posting this. Did most people find another work around; why aren't more people as excited about this as I am? ;) Free Emoji

[quote name='Phokis']This. is. awesome.

Thanks for posting this. Did most people find another work around; why aren't more people as excited about this as I am? ;) Free Emoji[/quote]

anyone who really wanted emoji already got it...

Zombieville USA has dropped to 1 dollar, definitely worth it at that price if you're looking for a fun shooter.

[quote name='metaly']That's a pretty cool trick about the emoticons. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

You are welcome.It's a nice trick for people who don't won't to jailbreak. 

[quote name='manthing']I disagree. The Apps store is still under a year old. Plus between the constant deluge of releases coupled with the 'get it and forget it' mentality of game purchases, I think that an iPhone forum would have a ton of threads with a few replies.

Until the Apps Store gives us more than 1 or 2 hour diversions(maybe with the 3.0 update?), a dedicated forum is a waste IMO[/quote]

I agree. Go to TouchArcade.com if you need a better iPhone/iPod touch forum. I am usually lurking there about once a day.

Will that emoji thing go away when 3.0 comes out?

[quote name='KingCrow02']I think we should have a separate forum section just for IPod Touch and iPhone Games and Apps like we do for the other platforms.
ig.jpg
[/quote]

Yeah a separate forum section for IPod Touch , iPhone Games and Apps would be great.

Wow Rogue Touch is really great! I was just reading the games forums and it seems to have great support with lots of updates planned. Highly recommended.

[quote name='Malik112099']I cant stop playing Flight Control. It is very adictive. My best right now is 97.[/quote]

Only at 76 myself. Flight Control hooks you with that "just one more" obsession. Tiny simple graphics, no in-game music, and the paltry sound effects be damned. :applause:

I do wish they'd throw in control tower radio static and air traffic noises. The roar of jumbo jets taking off and their screechy landings would make it even better for me.

[quote name='daruler022']If you read those fully they both tell about the work around that I posted. Plus you get more icons doing my way,and it's easier.[/quote]

I was showing that you could get them before your "workaround" with or without jailbreaking. Nothing more, nothing less.

[quote name='daruler022']If you read those fully they both tell about the work around that I posted. Plus you get more icons doing my way,and it's easier.[/QUOTE]

does that work for the touch?

EDIT: nvm, it works. it seems that i cant just pick one. i have to pick that whole row and then delete the ones i dont want to send.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Malik112099']I was showing that you could get them before your "workaround" with or without jailbreaking. Nothing more, nothing less.[/QUOTE]

Well that's true. I just thought that this was a cool trick,and alot easier for everyone.

Cheers

this topic seems to have taken a turn towards ipod touch discussion instead of which games for them are on sale and at what cost...

stay on topic?

[quote name='jcp42877']this topic seems to have taken a turn towards ipod touch discussion instead of which games for them are on sale and at what cost...

stay on topic?[/QUOTE]

No, we have always discussed both the game sales and game information within this thread.

[quote name='jcp42877']this topic seems to have taken a turn towards ipod touch discussion instead of which games for them are on sale and at what cost...

stay on topic?[/quote]

[facepalm] The irony. [/facepalm]

Rogue Touch, Lightbike, Rasta Monkey, and iDrac are all still on sale at 99 cents.

I'm waiting for Radio Flare to drop to 99 again. I'm really sad I missed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back