iPhone and iPod Touch Games on Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryanflucas

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
Apple iPhone & iPod Touch games in the App store are constantly going on sale. While I originally posted games and prices in this post, it's become almost impossible to keep up with it all. Feel free to post in this topic on good deals and games you enjoy. Developers are also encouraged to join in, especially if they are running promos or sales.

If you want to check out a particular game, try the following review sites, or ask in here so fellow CAG's can assist you.

App Review & Price Drop Sites

Important Notes:

1. Make sure to check for periodic updates either in iTunes or on your iPod\iPhone. For each release of new firmware, theres is usually a bunch of games updated right afterward.
  2. Some applications also go on sale by their authors when they reach 1 million download and similar milestones.
  3. Apps often have specials the day before, during, and after holidays, regardless if said game/app is related to the holiday.
  4. Newly released apps will often have a % or dollar amount off for a limited period of time to gain a large following quicker. While browsing the app store you can go to a particular type or genre and order according to release date. This can make finding new app discounts faster.
  5. Make sure to backup your purchases in iTunes to CD/DVD for safe keeping. You can do this by clicking File-->Library-->Backup to Disc. Then choose all purchases, applications only, and full or incremental backup. How often is up to you, but I do this monthly, or more often if I buy alot of apps.
  6. Apps can be redownloaded without incurring an extra charge if you previously purchased it. This is good if you have a crash and forget to backup your purchases. I don't know if this is a pernament feature so backing up regularly is still important.
  7. I strongly advise not to buy iTunes Gift Cards by 3rd parties unless you know they can be trusted. Retail stores, receiving cards as gifts, etc are the best ways. There are many credit card scams, stolen cards, hacked cards going around, especially on Ebay.
  8. If you are the victim of a iTunes Card scam or get your account locked due to one not all hope is lost. Apple has been fairly lenient on these issues. Call Apple directly at 1-800-MY-APPLE, or check the iTunes Store support site at http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/store. Also going to your local Apple Store to discuss it can help. The account locking is an automated process and can be reversed. This can take time so be cautious if you use gift cards from 3rd party sources.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pirate Wings is on sale for $0.99

I can't vouch for the quality of the game, but it is pretty cheap. It has three stars, though, which is pretty decent for most iPod games. Has anyone here played this?

EDIT: Just noticed another really good looking game - ElementalMonster TD for $2.99. It looks like another tower defense game, but it has four and a half stars. Looks great, too.

Uniwar just came out and it's $.99 According to the app the regular price is $7.99. I just bought it but I'm tired as hell so I'm not gonna play it tonight. But it's supposed to be a "combination of advanced wars and starcraft"

[quote name='Soujiro_Seta']Uniwar just came out and it's $.99 According to the app the regular price is $7.99. I just bought it but I'm tired as hell so I'm not gonna play it tonight. But it's supposed to be a "combination of advanced wars and starcraft"[/quote]I just downloaded it two minutes ago. Looks worthwhile for a dollar.

Haha WOO. I got Flight Control and managed to crash my first two planes. As in new high score: 0. I am so cool.

Fun little game, though. It'll be a nice alternative to Eliss.

I see I got criticized twice for my comment, so let me rephrase.... It seems in the last few pages, there were more people talking technical crap on the ipod than the actual games on iTunes. Not that technical is bad, I HAVE a jailbroken ipod. But it seems like there should be a subthread for that type of discussion.

I didn't mean "oh people are discussing, thats bad", because this is a forum in which..well, people discuss!

[quote name='DietPoopSoda']Pirate Wings is on sale for $0.99

I can't vouch for the quality of the game, but it is pretty cheap. It has three stars, though, which is pretty decent for most iPod games. Has anyone here played this?

EDIT: Just noticed another really good looking game - ElementalMonster TD for $2.99. It looks like another tower defense game, but it has four and a half stars. Looks great, too.[/quote]

I bought this game when it was on sale for $1 and its definitely worth it. The game has a great presentation and nice depth. One of the best TD games I played.

Wooden Labyrinth 3D (not to be confused with Labyrinth) is on sale for .99 (75% off). I find games of this sort intensely frustrating, but if you like them, they don't get much better than this. There is a free/lite version if you want to try before you buy.

I've been playing these free lite versions for the past few days:

Freeballin' Lite - pinball (one table free version. not bad as a time killer)

Sneezies Lite - bubble popping game (free version with limited play options. mellow goodness)

Monkey Money Slots Lite
- video slots (bonus games intact in free version. bright graphics and a catchy tune to gamble along to.)

More than worth the no money spent.

[quote name='gunstar808']I bought this game when it was on sale for $1 and its definitely worth it. The game has a great presentation and nice depth. One of the best TD games I played.[/quote]

It looks nice, but lots of complaints about the controls and framerate. What's your experience with those issues? Enough to frustrate, or easily overcome?

99 cents makes it really tempting while they wait for the update approval.

eta: Meh, they pushed the price back up. Whatever. I'll wait for another sale, or when they get all the glitches out. Like they really had to rush with the $ adjustment instead of getting more peeps to buy.

I just bought Critter Crunch for .99(usually 4.99),and it's a fun puzzle title. IGN and others have given it great reviews. The art style reminds me of Lilo and Stitch.

Bought after you posted. Thanks for the sale notice. I've always wanted to play this game when it was limited to tiny cell screens. Mmmm...cannibalism.:drool:

Picked up Critter Crunch and Uniwar! Thanks!

Not a game but Brushes is down to $2.99 ($2 off) for tax day.
If you're artistic and have a Mac you might want to check this app out.

Somebody on here mentioned Eliss so I got it. I have NO fucking idea what is going on this game. I might sit down tonight and really try to figure it out.

I work at the company that pushed out Uniwar, and I can't recommend it enough. The plan is to hike it up to around 7 or 8 bucks, I'm not sure how soon though. It's very much worth it for the dollar it's at right now.

Bought Uniwar; it's the best type of AW-game currently on the iPhone.

One to stay away from is the Mr. Driller game "iDig"; buggy, slow and not worth the $1

[quote name='daruler022']Not a sale,but a good trick to get free emoticons.

Download the free Spell Number app. Use the app and type in 91929394.59 close the app.

Go to your phone settings\general\keyboard\Japanese turn emoticons on. Now there will be a world globe on the keyboard for the emoticons. Enjoy your  and have a  or  if of age.

Typed from my [/QUOTE]

Thanks for the easy (and free) tip! It's work like a charm!

FINALLY! Landscape keyboard for email, hopefully SMS--but now even that's MMS! Pictures in text, woo hoo!

Oh, by the way, if you haven't downloaded it yet, get the free iFighter Lite--194x fans will flip for this, and it uses the accellerometer perfectly. The full version is going to be released hopefully by the end of the month, and I have it straight from the developers (they wrote back when I offered constructive criticism) that when it does, it's going to be 99 cents on release for a short time. Snap it up when it does.

[quote name='Watchman']FINALLY! Landscape keyboard for email, hopefully SMS--but now even that's MMS! Pictures in text, woo hoo!

Oh, by the way, if you haven't downloaded it yet, get the free iFighter Lite--194x fans will flip for this, and it uses the accellerometer perfectly. The full version is going to be released hopefully by the end of the month, and I have it straight from the developers (they wrote back when I offered constructive criticism) that when it does, it's going to be 99 cents on release for a short time. Snap it up when it does.[/quote]

I gave that a shot last week and it's a great looking game, but too damn hard!

Heres a question that hopefully somebody can answer:

I'm planning on buying an ipod touch whenever apple comes out with the 3rd generation of it (I'm guessing it'll be in june, but who knows with apple). Can I buy/download the on sale/free apps now, without having an ipod touch/iphone to sync to?

It would be nice to stack up a pile of games that are on sale, before I even get an ipod touch.

[quote name='BlueScrote']Heres a question that hopefully somebody can answer:

I'm planning on buying an ipod touch whenever apple comes out with the 3rd generation of it (I'm guessing it'll be in june, but who knows with apple). Can I buy/download the on sale/free apps now, without having an ipod touch/iphone to sync to?

It would be nice to stack up a pile of games that are on sale, before I even get an ipod touch.[/quote]

Yeah, I started buying games before I got my iphone and by the time I bought it I had 5 or 6. So yes.

Seriously..everyone needs to play Flight Control

86415193.png

Hey, sorry if this is off-topic, but I was wondering if anyone has tried out the TNA wrestling iphone game? I feel iffy about it from what I've heard.

[quote name='Dem']Hey, sorry if this is off-topic, but I was wondering if anyone has tried out the TNA wrestling iphone game? I feel iffy about it from what I've heard.[/quote]Yeah, I've put about an hour or two in to it. It's odd. There is no actual *fighting* as in button mashing or real time battle. It's more of a turn based fight in which you choose what attacks to do in sequence (including some gesture based moves), and then the opponent goes. There's a lot of (not so impressive) story between fights that allow you to choose how your character responds to various situations, and how you respond determines how your character levels up (good guy or bad guy).

So it's moderately entertaining and very easy to play. It looks decently nice and the story is lengthy (if that's your kind of thing).

Any other questions?

Nope, you pretty much cleared everything up. I'll wait to see if there's ever a sale for the game. (doubtful)

So not really a deal, but this Diablo ish game called Underworlds just came out and looks really good. Game is $4.99.

I figure someone here must have tried it out. Any feedback?

[quote name='gunstar808']So not really a deal, but this Diablo ish game called Underworlds just came out and looks really good. Game is $4.99.

I figure someone here must have tried it out. Any feedback?[/QUOTE]

I was tempted to buy it but from what I hear the game is really short around 3 hours or so. And the max level cap is 10. I'm gonna wait for a price drop or an update with more content

Magnetic Joe is free (full version). Tap screen to magnetize plates to move Joe along a maze/course and avoiding hazards. 50 levels of simple distraction from the old cell phone game days. Publisher wants to interest you to buy the upcoming sequels.

Eek. Did you do a full off and reboot after download/installing Magnetic Joe (before playing)? No problems with the game on my first gen Touch.

[quote name='metaly']Tried Magnetic Joe and it froze up my iPod pretty good. It took a frighteningly long time to reboot, too.[/quote]

The iphones take a long time to reboot after a freeze too. It is normal. I have 2 iPhone 3Gs and an iPod touch 1g. They all take a while to reboot after a freeze.

It is imperative to reboot after downloading apps prior to using. That one important step helps to prevent a lot of potential issues.

Yeah, I never reboot either, unless my battery is really low. Then I just turn it completely off and charge it. No clue why I do that, just a habit with electronics.

Bought Uniwar after hearing the guys on the Gamers with Jobs podcast hype it up. Still 99 cents for those interested. Will be $7.99 regular priced.

[quote name='dcswirl']Bought Uniwar after hearing the guys on the Gamers with Jobs podcast hype it up. Still 99 cents for those interested. Will be $7.99 regular priced.[/quote]
Uniwar is a great game with wonderfully implemented MP. It deserves a thread on CAG so we can get some games going!:D

Kingdoms Live is free ATM. Supposedly going to be $5. It's similar to Mafia Wars/iMob, just set in the fantasy realm. It operates more like Mafia Wars on Facebook/etc, in that when you level up, your energy and stamina are refilled so you can play again. The fact that iMob does not do that when you level up is one of my biggest gripes concerning that game.

Army Code for Kingdoms Live: R2U11
Invite Code for iMob: 100020013

[quote name='Malik112099']Anyone try Assassin's Creed yet? it is getting good reviews so far...[/QUOTE]

I've read that it is just a direct port of the ds version. So I guess if you liked that one you'll like the itouch version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back